A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Machinima Forum »General Machinima Discussions »Halo Maps for machinema

Author Topic: Halo Maps for machinema (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

varsaigen

Posted: Jun 16, 2013 04:10 AM    Msg. 1 of 3       
I'm aiming to make my own machinema outside the game engine (It still is filed under the category of machinema, really), and was wondering if anyone knew of a way to extract the map geometry of levels from CEA, Reach, or Halo 4?

I've been going through the internet, and have found few references to it. Most people desire Spartan models be extracted, thus there are about 100 threads out there steadily extracting Spartan armor permutations. There is a severe lack of Covenant, Flood, and Forerunner units, vehicles, and structures, and even less on the topic of levels. Gravemind has supposedly entertained the idea of extracting level geometry, but it is in a format he doesn't yet understand. So is there someone else who might have an answer for me and any curious souls out there? (I realize this has likely been asked before)

If it is possible to extract the levels from CEA, Reach, and Halo 4 (Each being a different setup, thus making good examples), what would be required to pull them into a program like 3dsmax?

ZOBI3KING

Look at me, I'm the captain now.

Posted: Jun 16, 2013 02:27 PM    Msg. 2 of 3       
No, but you can extract sounds, scenery, characters, ect. Also everything I've heard about level extracting is that only certain people (zteam) can. You would be better off making your own levels.

varsaigen

Posted: Jun 16, 2013 05:25 PM    Msg. 3 of 3       
Haven't seen anything about scenery in my browsing through programs, unless you mean construction cranes, crates, and tables. Thanks for the info. :)

[Request Fulfilled]
Edited by varsaigen on Jun 16, 2013 at 05:25 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon October 23, 2017 11:29 AM 141 ms.
A Halo Maps Website