A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[SP]The Flood: Forgotten Exile

Page 4 of 6 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · 3 · [4] · 5 · 6 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: [SP]The Flood: Forgotten Exile (210 messages, Page 4 of 6)
Moderators: Dennis

RazorHog

@TheGrubbWorm Woo Pig Sooie Y'all

Posted: Jul 29, 2013 10:23 PM    Msg. 106 of 210       
Nevermind.
Edited by RazorHog on Jul 31, 2013 at 01:48 PM

Dwood

Judge Ye Therefore

Posted: Jul 29, 2013 11:07 PM    Msg. 107 of 210       
You had me there for about 2 seconds, tbh.

rcghalohell

I can jump?Weeeee (pop!) (No1 heard from it again)

Posted: Jul 30, 2013 01:49 AM    Msg. 108 of 210       
Is features, flood infect others an bring back corpses, And make hammers float! XD

Koo294

How is she when she doesn't surf?

Posted: Jul 30, 2013 05:55 AM    Msg. 109 of 210       
Quote: --- Original message by: Killer5000
release dwarfs if theren ot being used people would like them for fun with

I only just made them yesterday, they're not finished yet.

Lone Warrior

-Himalayan Wizard and Mystical Guru of the Mts.-

Posted: Jul 30, 2013 05:30 PM    Msg. 110 of 210       
From the Himalayan Mountains....

In all seriousness, welcome to our first Monthly News Post!

Today I'm here to show you some new pictures of Released in development.

Since we returned we've been working hard to get things done. Mopping up some issues in existing BSPs, re-evaluating the layout and design of Released, and of course creating new content for the map.

Earlier this month I uploaded a picture that showed you a first glimpse at some Flood Biomass that was designed for Released. This design differs from our previous iterations in that it is a part of the level, and not seperate Scenery tags that are placed in the Editing Kit. This allows us greater freedom in both Gameplay and Graphical elements for Released.

Alongside the obvious Biomass, we've also added in the Flood Infection Pods that were in Halo 3. I'm happy to say that these function very similarly to their Halo 3 counter-parts. The only difference is that the pods blow up fully (The pod disappears after exploding.) when they release Infection Forms.

Here's a close-up shot of the Flood Infection Pod (And yes they do have animations):

Moving on to the rest of Released, we've got some Pictures of a new area that's been recently designed.

Keeping with our tradition of mixing traditional Halo CE Architecture with that from Halo 2, we've come up with this area:

We aimed to make this area similar to Sacred Icon, as one of the themes of Released is a Sentinel Factory. Expect lots of moving parts, energy conduits, conveyors e.t.c.

Gameplay-wise this area was designed to give the Player many options on how he wants to engage the Encounter here. This area is quite early in the level, there aren't many Allies the Player has, so attacking this area up-front isn't a smart idea.

The area itself is comprised of 3 levels, or tiers. There are plenty of opportunities for flanking, but once you're spotted by your enemies, they will be ruthless in tracking you down. The Covenant realise how big of a threat you are, and to the Sentinels you're simply an escaping prisoner.

There are some interesting things the Player can do in this Encounter, and we're aiming for getting a Gameplay video of this area online sometime next month. Koo and I will probably provide some commentary for this video to explain some of the features that we'll be showing.

There's a lot we want to talk with you guys about, but we don't feel it's the right time to talk about them just yet. There's a lot going on behind the scenes that don't make it into these News Posts, but they will be unveiled in time.

We'll be back at the 31st of next month (or maybe sooner!) for our next scheduled update. Until then, I hope you've enjoyed looking at what we've shared this update, and I look forward to sharing more of what we create with in the future.

Follow us on Twitter, or subscribe to us on YouTube for recent updates:

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ForgottenExileH

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/FloodCampaignCE

P.S: The Himalayan Mountains thing was a joke. We're not using OS; nor am I going on a spiritual journey. Koo was just poking fun at my expense :P.

Guilty_spark

enjoy my bright, blue, balls!

Posted: Jul 30, 2013 06:40 PM    Msg. 111 of 210       
halo 3 flood biomass hell yeah
hell no to your hell yeah.

rcghalohell

Posted: Jul 30, 2013 09:18 PM    Msg. 112 of 210       
little more bloom... little more

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Jul 30, 2013 10:23 PM    Msg. 113 of 210       
I like the look of the level so far. Very smooth and clean.

Mushi

Halo's Ring is just, Awesome.

Posted: Jul 31, 2013 08:21 AM    Msg. 114 of 210       
less bloom LESS BLOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Killer shhs man stop posting you're just saying what the last person says.

Anyway the fell of the Shots looks great, looks like i'll be playing Black Mesa again.
Edited by Halosnake on Jul 31, 2013 at 08:22 AM

RazorHog

Posted: Jul 31, 2013 01:49 PM    Msg. 115 of 210       
I just jizzed myself a little bit

xnx

h2 marine anims or i detonate the vest

Posted: Aug 28, 2013 04:42 PM    Msg. 116 of 210       
So what's the story here?

ICE x Toxiic

Wir entschuldigen uns für das Vaterland zu kämpfen

Posted: Aug 28, 2013 07:01 PM    Msg. 117 of 210       
I feel an update coming....anybody?

Delicon20

Still here. Still loves bacon

Posted: Aug 28, 2013 07:14 PM    Msg. 118 of 210       
Quote: --- Original message by: ICE x Toxiic
I feel an update coming....anybody?

I imagine it will be on the 31st, as per their monthly update schedule

rcghalohell

Posted: Aug 28, 2013 07:19 PM    Msg. 119 of 210       
I cant wait to see how this will play out, will they continue to use elite movement animations for the player elite flood? will there be a change to stkft? so many possibilities

Koo294

Posted: Aug 28, 2013 07:34 PM    Msg. 120 of 210       
Quote: --- Original message by: rcghalohell
I cant wait to see how this will play out, will they continue to use elite movement animations for the player elite flood? will there be a change to stkft? so many possibilities

It's first person, as far as I know there's no plans to change them because you very rarely see them. We already have custom vehicle enter/exit animations, there's not really anything else you ever see without devcam.

RazorHog

Posted: Aug 30, 2013 12:14 AM    Msg. 121 of 210       
LONE!

hurry up and give me my update so I can go back to eating prawns and slaying Australian girls with my giant spider traps. I have a schedule to keep gosh darn-it.

Lone Warrior

Posted: Sep 1, 2013 01:39 PM    Msg. 122 of 210       
Good day Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome back to another scheduled (albeit a bit late) update. For today’s update we’re showing off some of the first Gameplay of Released in a short video.

This video has some narration by Koo and I, where we explain some important aspects of the level. I’ll keep this short, and simply say I hope you enjoy watching:

http://youtu.be/JKaYHkfYxfE

And here’s a few pictures I took from the area:

This 30th we’ll be taking a look at the next few areas for Released, and possibly some re-worked Assets. Until then, good luck folks.

rcghalohell

Posted: Sep 1, 2013 03:11 PM    Msg. 123 of 210       
bloom it up

ICE x Toxiic

Posted: Sep 1, 2013 03:40 PM    Msg. 124 of 210       
This Report pleases thee!
just gives you a wiggle down there sometimes beautiful gameplay guys keep it up!! :D
Edited by ICE x Toxiic on Sep 1, 2013 at 03:41 PM

xnx

h2 marine anims or i detonate the vest

Posted: Sep 1, 2013 04:52 PM    Msg. 125 of 210       
This just keeps getting better and better! However, the only thing I don't particularly like so far is the excess of covenant crates on the forerunner BSPs. As the covenant are digging in to all the forerunner tech, yes some should be placed here or there, but not randomly sprawled around. They do serve as effective cover to spice up the playing style a bit, but do you guys think it would be worth it to make some sort of forerunner barriers/crates to replace them?

Lone Warrior

Posted: Sep 1, 2013 07:13 PM    Msg. 126 of 210       
Quote: --- Original message by: xnx
This just keeps getting better and better! However, the only thing I don't particularly like so far is the excess of covenant crates on the forerunner BSPs. As the covenant are digging in to all the forerunner tech, yes some should be placed here or there, but not randomly sprawled around. They do serve as effective cover to spice up the playing style a bit, but do you guys think it would be worth it to make some sort of forerunner barriers/crates to replace them?

We've actually got a reason for there being so many Covenant Crates. We had some pathfinding issues with the Forerunner Crate you see lying around that caused AI to think there was an obstacle where there wasn't.

This issue was only fixed recently, and I haven't gotten around to replacing some of the Covenant Crates with Forerunner ones just yet.

As for adding in new Forerunner scenery? Absolutely! Adding some more varied scenery for the level is going to be a must. Forerunner Barricades and other Crate variations are on our to-do list, don't worry :).

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Sep 1, 2013 07:19 PM    Msg. 127 of 210       
Looks fantastic lone & company, absolutely awesome level design thus far.

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: Sep 2, 2013 01:18 AM    Msg. 128 of 210       
Quote: --- Original message by: Lone Warrior
This issue was only fixed recently, and I haven't gotten around to replacing some of the Covenant Crates with Forerunner ones just yet.

As for adding in new Forerunner scenery? Absolutely! Adding some more varied scenery for the level is going to be a must. Forerunner Barricades and other Crate variations are on our to-do list, don't worry :).

Yo get on xfire/send me a pm and tell me how you fixed that because the AI in innie have been running into my scenery for 4 years now.

Also if you need someone to do a few forerunner props let me know ;D
Edited by UnevenElefant5 on Sep 2, 2013 at 01:18 AM

Koo294

Posted: Sep 2, 2013 05:29 AM    Msg. 129 of 210       
Quote: --- Original message by: UnevenElefant5

Yo get on xfire/send me a pm and tell me how you fixed that because the AI in innie have been running into my scenery for 4 years now.

Also if you need someone to do a few forerunner props let me know ;D
Edited by UnevenElefant5 on Sep 2, 2013 at 01:18 AM

For us it was node placement. The bounding radius of the scenery (set at the top of the scenery file) is what controls the pathfinding for AI, and it's a radius in world units from the root node of the model in which AI won't try to go through. We had the node somewhere outside the model, so the AI where thinking that the crate was in a different place to where it actually was.

solitude

chfan

Posted: Sep 2, 2013 06:43 AM    Msg. 130 of 210       
I love it!

sshers4

Posted: Sep 2, 2013 06:50 AM    Msg. 131 of 210       
WOW I remember the last time I was so excited of this. If anyone's interested playing this then do it!

This SP is gonna kick so much ass!

solitude

chfan

Posted: Sep 2, 2013 07:00 AM    Msg. 132 of 210       
My body is ready for this!

Caesar

Posted: Sep 2, 2013 07:04 AM    Msg. 133 of 210       
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy

Well, it's kinda obv this SP it's better than other SP so far. That's the truth :)

Lone Warrior

Posted: Sep 2, 2013 08:54 AM    Msg. 134 of 210       
Quote: --- Original message by: reachfan
are you almost done? and will you please add cool updated weapons and enemy's?

It's gonna be a while before the entire Campaign is completed, let me put it that way :).

As for adding new Weapons and Enemies? Entirely possible! We have quite a few concepts/ideas for new weapons/enemies, and we have a goal of adding at least one new enemy per level.

Quote: --- Original message by: caeserishome

Well, it's kinda obv this SP it's better than other SP so far. That's the truth :)

Let's keep these sort of comments to a minimum please. Voicing an opinion is cool with me(regardless of whether it's positive or not), but let's keeps comparisons to other SP Projects to a minimum.

Lumoria was personally a great inspiration for me. Both of our Projects do things differently, and each has their Pros and Cons.

Let's try and keep on-topic about the recent video.

bourrin33

HEK not installed tho

Posted: Sep 2, 2013 10:51 AM    Msg. 135 of 210       
are you almost done? and will you please add cool updated weapons and enemy's?

It's gonna be a while before the entire Campaign is completed, let me put it that way :).

As for adding new Weapons and Enemies? Entirely possible! We have quite a few concepts/ideas for new weapons/enemies, and we have a goal of adding at least one new enemy per level.

Quote: --- Original message by: caeserishome

Let's keep these sort of comments to a minimum please. Voicing an opinion is cool with me(regardless of whether it's positive or not), but let's keeps comparisons to other SP Projects to a minimum.

Lumoria was personally a great inspiration for me. Both of our Projects do things differently, and each has their Pros and Cons.

Let's try and keep on-topic about the recent video.
Oh thanks for your reply.

You guy's should make this playable online. No SP had that.

And none will ever have because AI DOES NOT SYNC OVER THE INTERNET, THEY HAVE A DIFFERENT BEHAVIOR ON EACH COMPUTER.

Things looks even better than I thought

Danger_zone_98

Posted: Sep 2, 2013 11:08 AM    Msg. 136 of 210       
You guy's should make this playable online. No SP had that.

That won't work 'cause AI doesn't sync online. You don't see what your friend sees: You may see him/her shooting to the floor or the walls, cause he/she sees enemies that are in his/her PC, but not in yours and vice-versa). Only the host (in a no-dedicated server) can see the AI correctly (for example, when you create a LAN server only for you to play "the_floods"), so there isn't really a co-op mode.

ICE x Toxiic

Posted: Sep 2, 2013 12:41 PM    Msg. 137 of 210       
So Lone with there being new enemies every level is there also going to be new flood allies as well. I would like to see the flood Juggernaut as an ally and have the epic feeling of it tearing down covenant maybe in later levels tho. But i'm very interested in the ideas of new flood forms!

Lone Warrior

Posted: Sep 2, 2013 12:53 PM    Msg. 138 of 210       
Quote: --- Original message by: ICE x Toxiic
So Lone with there being new enemies every level is there also going to be new flood allies as well. I would like to see the flood Juggernaut as an ally and have the epic feeling of it tearing down covenant maybe in later levels tho. But i'm very interested in the ideas of new flood forms!

We've got some plans for new Flood Units, but right now we're not willing to go into details about them as the concepts are still quite rough.

I can say however, that currently we're not planning on adding the Flood Juggernaut from Halo 2 into the Mod.

We have been looking at the existing Flood Units in some regard though. We're probably going to end up gradually improving them over the course of the Campaign. Currently the improved Armoured Elite Form we're using is pretty badass.

RazorHog

Posted: Sep 2, 2013 09:07 PM    Msg. 139 of 210       
I'll be the first on record to totally poke fun at Lone and Koo's accent lol Especially Koos'

Dwood

Judge Ye Therefore

Posted: Sep 5, 2013 02:44 PM    Msg. 140 of 210       
Very good gameplay, looks fun~!

Page 4 of 6 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · 3 · [4] · 5 · 6 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun December 16, 2018 1:49 PM 157 ms.
A Halo Maps Website