A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Startup Exceptions

Author Topic: Startup Exceptions (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Sinow

Everybody Lies

Posted: Jun 22, 2013 03:32 PM    Msg. 1 of 7       
I was working on a map today using stock tags and BSP when for some reason during a routine test, I couldn't spawn and the screen was all white (could still see the environment particles though, the snow) and the debug camera didn't seem to move anywhere.
The only thing I had changed was add stock AI, so I went back into Sapien and deleted the encounters and then the tag types. Except now, it would exception as soon as I loaded the map.
So I went back and deleted the few things that weren't stock tags (CAD's assault rifle and the Hayabusa biped) and recompiled, but then Halo exceptioned on startup. I tried again a few minutes ago, and it exceptions on map startup...

OrangeJuice

new content isn't a mod. hhtmods are mods.

Posted: Jun 22, 2013 04:29 PM    Msg. 2 of 7       
If it's a singleplayer map:
  • Make sure there's only one spawnPoint and it is team 0

• Make sure the .scenario is set to singleplayer

• If it's a multiplayer map:
  • Make sure there is at least 2 spawnPoints, with at least 1 spawnPoint set to team 1(EDIT> Not sure if this one even matters)

• Make sure the .scenario is set to multiplayer

• Make sure the spawnPoints are at least "slayer allowed"

• If all that fails, post the last entry you find in debug.txt <
    Edited by OrangeJuice on Jun 22, 2013 at 04:34 PM

Sinow

Everybody Lies

Posted: Jun 22, 2013 11:38 PM    Msg. 3 of 7       
    I've already done that. I hadn't changed any of those things, I had simply added a few stock tag types, and it had worked previously with absolutely no problems.
    I guess it doesn't really matter now; I just exported and copied over the most important stuff over to a blank scenario, the new one works fine.

EDIT: Nevermind, it just happened again with the new scenario, this time I had only added a different weapon into the starting profile. I went back into Sapien and changed it, re-compiled, but it still exceptions.
    Edited by Sinow on Jun 24, 2013 at 06:36 PM

sparky

Jesus is a friend to the vindictive sociopath

Posted: Jun 27, 2013 03:35 PM    Msg. 4 of 7       

Edited by sparky on Aug 20, 2015 at 03:37 PM

Sinow

Everybody Lies

Posted: Jul 7, 2013 01:11 PM    Msg. 5 of 7       
    I wouldn't be asking for help if I hadn't ruled out the obvious.
    Everything in sapien works fine, AI, weapons, etc etc. No crashing, no errors, nothing.
    Yes its singleplayer and I haven't modified the globals in any way, and all other scenarios that use the exact same tags work fine.

Sinow

Everybody Lies

Posted: Jul 7, 2013 01:11 PM    Msg. 6 of 7       
    I wouldn't be asking for help if I hadn't ruled out the obvious.
    Everything in sapien works fine, AI, weapons, etc etc. No crashing, no errors, nothing.
    Yes its singleplayer and I haven't modified the globals in any way, and all other scenarios that use the exact same tags work fine.

EDIT: Someone delete the double post, dunno why it posted twice.
    Edited by Sinow on Jul 7, 2013 at 01:11 PM

Dwood

Judge Ye Therefore

Posted: Jul 10, 2013 10:52 PM    Msg. 7 of 7       
    You may have an incorrect entry in one of your guerilla fields that passes your build, but the game crashes. Try in sapien setting "run_game_scripts 1 or whatever it is, and see if that makes it crash or what.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu September 19, 2019 1:31 AM 203 ms.
    A Halo Maps Website