A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Installation Issue

Author Topic: Installation Issue (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Temptii

Posted: Jul 18, 2013 07:00 AM    Msg. 1 of 5       
I just got a new laptop and it's on Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I installed Halo Custom Edition and the installation seems to have went fine. I ran the installation as administrator and in compatibility mode. When I run the game, it loads the splash screen then "loads" the game in the background...so the game is stuck at the splash screen but if I move my mouse around I hear the noises of hovering over multiplayer, settings, etc. I never had problems on Windows 7 Home Premium x64 on my desktop. I also have the same problem and more with Halo: Combat Evolved on this laptop.

I've tried running as administrator, XP compatibility, windowed mode, disabling visual themes, disabling desktop composition, and disabling scaling on high DPI.

I'd really like some sort of solution as soon as possible because I'm voice acting in Project: Lawson and I'd really like to play through it...help?

Aer

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Posted: Jul 18, 2013 09:40 AM    Msg. 2 of 5       
turn off the anti-aliasing or the anisotropic filter (i don't remember what of those) in the video settings of your video drivers

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Jul 18, 2013 07:09 PM    Msg. 3 of 5       

rcghalohell

I can jump?Weeeee (pop!) (No1 heard from it again)

Posted: Jul 18, 2013 11:48 PM    Msg. 4 of 5       
oh no, don't tell me that the 700 mobile graphic cards have this problem dennis

Temptii

Posted: Jul 19, 2013 09:16 PM    Msg. 5 of 5       
Setting anti-aliasing to application control fixed it up. Thanks all.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon January 20, 2020 10:17 AM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website