A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[REQUEST] GTA IV Textures.

Author Topic: [REQUEST] GTA IV Textures. (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Jul 25, 2013 07:59 PM    Msg. 1 of 7       
I'm working on an urban type map for CE (still modeling it), and I wanted to add as much detail as possible within the few square blocks that the map encompasses. That said, I want to use realistic city-type textures, and GTA IV came to mind.

What I'm asking is if anyone can provide me with the textures or a tool to extract them from the game files (I have a legit game install)

ALTERNATIVELY:

I would accept some textures from COD: Modern Warfare 2 (their urban maps may have usefull textures)

I'll also accept any good textures (bumps, spec, diffuse) from any source.

This is one of the many buildings I am currently working on (proportions will be fixed, I'm just putting a rough model up so I can work on it.)

Edited by Jesse on Jul 25, 2013 at 08:18 PM

killzone64

Mostly active on discord

Posted: Jul 25, 2013 10:05 PM    Msg. 2 of 7       
use this: http://www.deep-shadows.com/hax/3DRipperDX.htm

it rips the models from the game ( and does an awful job too) but more importantly it can capture the textures as well.
Edited by killzone64 on Jul 25, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Jul 25, 2013 11:26 PM    Msg. 3 of 7       
I used the OpenIV program, it allows me to extract textures and models. Now I need to finish modeling my city block.

These textures are quite good for what I need.

I might steal a house model or two, just cause I'm lazy.
Edited by Jesse on Jul 25, 2013 at 11:30 PM

bourrin33

HEK not installed tho

Posted: Jul 26, 2013 06:38 AM    Msg. 4 of 7       
you may certainly find some good textures on filterforge

Cheddars

Rave to the Grave.

Posted: Jul 27, 2013 06:59 AM    Msg. 5 of 7       
Look nice Jesse. If it were me, i would not bother going through the effort of ripping a whole scene through ddl ripper for a few textures. Making them probably isnt as hard as you think. Heck, I probably would just go out and find a similar material to it and photograph it, than balance the lighting out as well changing the colours of course and doing one of those seamless texture turn.

But as bourrin said, you would probably find some good ones on a site like filter forge.
Edited by Cheddars on Jul 27, 2013 at 07:01 AM

Xiao

Keiichi-kun o mitsuketa.

Posted: Jul 27, 2013 01:16 PM    Msg. 6 of 7       
Jesse, did you start modeling that through a birds eye satellite view on google maps before changing the view to google street view? Helps with the base proportions.

antiblood

Hail satan, smoke mehth

Posted: Jul 27, 2013 09:23 PM    Msg. 7 of 7       
Dont know bout GTA 4 textures but I made some custom urban ones a while back. Maybe you can find some use for these if you wanna.

http://www.mediafire.com/?722xbqx5laj25vw

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon January 27, 2020 11:57 AM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website