A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo CE porting to Cryengine 3 (Petition)

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: Halo CE porting to Cryengine 3 (Petition) (70 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

sshers4

Posted: Aug 5, 2013 01:31 PM    Msg. 1 of 70       
It has been so long that we have enjoyment on playing and creating on Halo old engine all these years. currently it’s time for us to shift on this marvellous program where we be able to obtain this so far away and that program is “Cry engine 3” and consider about how countless years that we have attempt progress on Halo ce old engine, it still doesn’t work out and there is no potential and that’s the fact... all we had is OS really? However I am talking about the standard halo setup what we have achieved so far without OS, tell me? Nothing at all and that’s the accuracy guy’s.

With Cry engine 3 you contain a lot of improvement you can have time lapse, bigger map, graphics, lighting effects, physic, and more online players. Superior terrain and much more, the excited part is you can still play in game in cry engine 3 just for a analysis map. Sapien never had that. It most likely never will.

Look at the typical halo engine it’s out of date and it’s time for us to vote halo ce to cry engine 3.
For those who say “halo CE is already ported to cry engine 3” the fact is we want defaulted halo ce resources.

Here is the link if you want it to happen.

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/halo-ce-porting-to-cry-engine-3

If you desire this to occur make sure you spread this around.

(Make sure discussion stay on topic off halo)

Thank you.
Edited by sshers4 on Aug 5, 2013 at 01:31 PM

Choclate Thunda

My BS meter agrees... -Hud Artist/Creator-

Posted: Aug 5, 2013 01:58 PM    Msg. 2 of 70       
You do realize there is already a game being made for the cry engine called contingency right? I don't see a point in adding or recreating a game in cry engine that is already being made -_-

Plus your using a screenshot from contingency itself for your petition? That just makes me lose respect for it because you don't even use a Halo CE screenshot. 0/10
Edited by Choclate Thunda on Aug 5, 2013 at 02:00 PM

GLaDOS

Testing you.

Posted: Aug 5, 2013 02:07 PM    Msg. 3 of 70       
Oh, this guy is a genius! /sarcasm.

sshers4

Posted: Aug 5, 2013 02:09 PM    Msg. 4 of 70       
Quote: --- Original message by: Choclate Thunda

You do realize there is already a game being made for the cry engine called contingency right? I don't see a point in adding or recreating a game in cry engine that is already being made -_-

Plus your using a screenshot from contingency itself for your petition? That just makes me lose respect for it because you don't even use a Halo CE screenshot. 0/10

Number 1. Contingency was built from scratch.

Number 2. I had a permission from the creator that I am allowed to use this screenshot.

Number 3 we wanted defaulted Halo assets to cry engine 3.

Beside the halo engine is really old. There is nothing you could do. No possibilities.

master noob

343Industries Advocate

Posted: Aug 5, 2013 02:11 PM    Msg. 5 of 70       
porting halo CE assets to Cryengine 3 will most likely result in lawsuits from both crytek and microsoft.

GLaDOS

Testing you.

Posted: Aug 5, 2013 02:14 PM    Msg. 6 of 70       
Quote: --- Original message by: master noob
porting halo CE assets to Cryengine 3 will most likely result in lawsuits from both crytek and microsoft.

Isn't that only if you use it for marketable purposes?
Still, porting Halo CE is a bad idea, nobody is going to play it. And the experience of the gameplay will never be the same.

Caesar

Posted: Aug 5, 2013 02:15 PM    Msg. 7 of 70       

dude microsoft don't give a damn about halo ce.

come on let's make it change.

greg079

channeling my inner april fool

Posted: Aug 5, 2013 02:26 PM    Msg. 8 of 70       
i'll help u guys port junk after u can supply ALL of the quality voice acting, ai packages, and additional core halo scripts we'll need into cryengine, without a lawsuit...

because that won't happen.
Edited by greg079 on Aug 5, 2013 at 02:26 PM

master noob

343Industries Advocate

Posted: Aug 5, 2013 02:28 PM    Msg. 9 of 70       
Quote: --- Original message by: caeserishome
dude microsoft don't give a damn about halo ce.

come on let's make it change.

then why won't they release the source code, even after a petition?

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Aug 5, 2013 02:51 PM    Msg. 10 of 70       
I'm confused; exactly who do you expect to respond to this petition? I mean, it's a lovely petition with a noble purpose and all, but who exactly are you petitioning? Microsoft? Bungie? Gearbox? Even if there are a hundred thousand signatures, who exactly will put in the time and effort to port it? Remember that petitions aren't legally binding; no one is OBLIGATED to respond to petitions, and although the Halo franchise pulls in millions of dollars per year, this small Halo editing community is hardly worth the effort. I hate being the negative one here, but this petition really seems devoid of direction and purpose.

sshers4

Posted: Aug 5, 2013 02:57 PM    Msg. 11 of 70       
Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927
I'm confused; exactly who do you expect to respond to this petition? I mean, it's a lovely petition with a noble purpose and all, but who exactly are you petitioning? Microsoft? Bungie? Gearbox? Even if there are a hundred thousand signatures, who exactly will put in the time and effort to port it? Remember that petitions aren't legally binding; no one is OBLIGATED to respond to petitions, and although the Halo franchise pulls in millions of dollars per year, this small Halo editing community is hardly worth the effort. I hate being the negative one here, but this petition really seems devoid of direction and purpose.

Dennis said to me that you're allowed to port Halo CE to CE3.

If we get many votes he can make it happen. Forget Microsoft,bungie they are no longer with original halo. No more.

TailsTheGamer

Meow

Posted: Aug 5, 2013 02:57 PM    Msg. 12 of 70       
If someone tries to make a remake of CE for the PC using the Cryengien, I'm pretty sure a Cease and Desist would be in order. Project: Contingency is making sure to avoid this them selves and it's not a remake.
Edited by TailsTheGamer on Aug 5, 2013 at 02:58 PM

master noob

343Industries Advocate

Posted: Aug 5, 2013 03:00 PM    Msg. 13 of 70       
Quote: --- Original message by: sshers4
If we get many votes he can make it happen.

you can download the engine and rip the assets, why do you need a petition? you are literally rallying against nothing.

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Aug 5, 2013 03:01 PM    Msg. 14 of 70       

If we get many votes he can make it happen. Forget Microsoft,bungie they are no longer with original halo. No more.

Yeah, WHO'S going to do it? I can make a petition for free scrambled eggs for everyone and get a million signatures, but who's going to provide them? Petitions aren't magical vehicles towards progress; they're merely methods of communication.

If we get many votes he can make it happen.

you can download the engine and rip the assets, why do you need a petition? you are literally rallying against nothing.

^This man is a wise man.
Edited by Gamma927 on Aug 5, 2013 at 03:02 PM

sshers4

Posted: Aug 5, 2013 03:04 PM    Msg. 15 of 70       
The reason why I am making this petition I don't want to be only person using this new engine.

I want the whole halo community using this engine. Not just me.

Because I love to see what the community can do with it.

master noob

343Industries Advocate

Posted: Aug 5, 2013 03:16 PM    Msg. 16 of 70       
The reason why I am making this petition I don't want to be only person using this new engine.

you aren't

why should the whole community use cryengine 3? some may prefer Unity or Unreal or other alternatives. imposing one specific engine onto a diverse community is a bad idea.

Caesar

Posted: Aug 5, 2013 03:29 PM    Msg. 17 of 70       
this is why we should move

I love to make open world maps in this new engine.

This crappy old engine you can't.

Caesar

Posted: Aug 5, 2013 03:33 PM    Msg. 18 of 70       
Quote: --- Original message by: Third Rate Gamer

Quote: --- Original message by: Joker
What do you mean.

Funny thing is I see many PC gamers bash on console about graphics.
Edited by Joker on Aug 5, 2013 at 03:25 PM

Yeah because consoles fanboys claim that they can do better graphics than PC LMAO!
Edit: We're talking about game engines not PC vs Console debates which PC factually wins.
Edited by Third Rate Gamer on Aug 5, 2013 at 03:31 PM

I agree PC wins, but why don't we just use this new engine.

HEK is bugging.

And joker that bloodgulch looks sexy whoever made that.

GLaDOS

Testing you.

Posted: Aug 5, 2013 04:10 PM    Msg. 19 of 70       
why don't we just use this new engine.

- Not everyone owns a super PC.
- The CryEngine 3 is more complex than this engine, and that means: not everyone will know how to use it.
- We are fine with this engine. (Not to mention that Open Sauce is not even finished and it already allows a lot of nice things)

master noob

343Industries Advocate

Posted: Aug 5, 2013 04:16 PM    Msg. 20 of 70       
http://www.delvegames.net/Kaido/Bloodgulch_ColorCorection.png

oh, ye irony.

that guy got shut down.

sshers4

Posted: Aug 5, 2013 04:19 PM    Msg. 21 of 70       
Quote: --- Original message by: GLaDOS
why don't we just use this new engine.

- Not everyone owns a super PC.
- The CryEngine 3 is more complex than this engine, and that means: not everyone will know how to use it.
- We are fine with this engine. (Not to mention that Open Sauce is not even finished and it already allows a lot of nice things)

Then at least keep old halo engine and keep new cry engine 3.

Cry engine 3 is not hard just that you need to watch tuutorial.

And with OS is good but I don't think it will come closer to cry engine 3

greg079

Posted: Aug 5, 2013 04:23 PM    Msg. 22 of 70       

if you're all really so desperate, then just wait for the 12d engine, or just do this crap yourselves and quit bugging the people who enjoy the blam engine's practicality. just use this thread as a signup for people who care, and they can all start working on cryengine.

sshers4

Posted: Aug 5, 2013 04:32 PM    Msg. 23 of 70       
Quote: --- Original message by: greg079

if you're all really so desperate, then just wait for the 12d engine, or just do this crap yourselves and quit bugging the people who enjoy the blam engine's practicality. just use this thread as a signup for people who care, and they can all start working on cryengine.

Okay I have to agree with Glados that no one doesn't have amazing PC but we can keep old halo engine and CE3. Simple right?

Mushi

Halo's Ring is just, Awesome.

Posted: Aug 5, 2013 05:03 PM    Msg. 24 of 70       
Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927

Yeah, WHO'S going to do it? I can make a petition for free scrambled eggs for everyone and get a million signatures, but who's going to provide them? Petitions aren't magical vehicles towards progress; they're merely methods of communication.

Good Point, i'm pretty sure Dennis won't Nor CMT team.

Anyway it's No point in updating to a new Engin good graphics or bad it's still useful to all of us, if not most. You all calling it Crappy then just don't use it anymore stick to doing things in Cry.

People ain't making all these updates to Halo Ce for nothing, I mean look at all the things people done so far, unless you're gonna take the time and port all the stuff peoples done all these years since 04 into the new system them yeah ok shoot but if not then forget the Change.
Edited by Mushi on Aug 5, 2013 at 05:05 PM

master noob

343Industries Advocate

Posted: Aug 5, 2013 05:15 PM    Msg. 25 of 70       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mushi
Anyway it's No point in updating to a new Engin good graphics or bad it's still useful to all of us, if not most. You all calling it Crappy then just don't use it anymore stick to doing things in Cry.

People ain't making all these updates to Halo Ce for nothing, I mean look at all the things people done so far, unless you're gonna take the time and port all the stuff peoples done all these years since 04 into the new system them yeah ok shoot but if not then forget the Change.
Edited by Mushi on Aug 5, 2013 at 05:05 PM

cryengine isn't just about looks, it provides more freedom in terms of programming and design. in HEK, you can use pre-built commands, but in Cryengine3 you can build your own commands. Cryengine3 also has an integrated terrain builder.

ZOBI3KING

Look at me, I'm the captain now.

Posted: Aug 5, 2013 06:17 PM    Msg. 26 of 70       
We should switch engines when we can't do anything with HEK. HEK still has some potential with things like HAC and OS. A new engine would be nice, but if we don't all switch as one community, the community would be more divided than it ever has or will be (sort of like the "love" or "hate" for OS argument). CE3 and SBB show that the old engine still has some potential. Also instead of porting Halo CE (which I'm pretty sure would lead into legal issues) shouldn't we make a "base" of "Halo gameplay". Also not everyone has the super PCs for CryEngine 3 (personally I think Source would be a better choice). In short, I think we should wait a few years before we make any major engine switch.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Aug 5, 2013 06:39 PM    Msg. 27 of 70       
this is stupid.

if you want it in cryengine, do it yourself? who would you even petition?

MatthewDratt

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com

Posted: Aug 5, 2013 06:44 PM    Msg. 28 of 70       
EVERYONE BETTER SIGN THE PETITION!!!

We must reach the goal!!!

ralph777

Loving the world than the almighty is loving vian

Posted: Aug 5, 2013 07:20 PM    Msg. 29 of 70       
Tarah!.. Signed already' I like the plan =D
Edited by ralph777 on Aug 5, 2013 at 07:21 PM

Choclate Thunda

My BS meter agrees... -Hud Artist/Creator-

Posted: Aug 5, 2013 07:25 PM    Msg. 30 of 70       
Quote: --- Original message by: Joker
Quote: --- Original message by: Choclate Thunda

i bet ur computer dont run it well thats why u want to stay with crappy engine.

Uh no, I can run it fine, I just rather play contingency which is a re imagined halo game built for cryengine 3 then just a HD remake, which was ALREADY made, plus it stupid to put ce into cry engine if its just using the default assets, waste of time honestly.

greg079

Posted: Aug 5, 2013 10:47 PM    Msg. 31 of 70       
ok kids... immuh just go ahead and lay this out for you all. firstly i can guarantee to anyone, that if they ported BG with only stock content, that it would not only be prettier, but it would push a higher framerate than the blam engine running it at the same resolution, so there is no performance worry. next, until somebody makes the coding needed for halo type gameplay, forget about porting tags. finally, you lot are literally petitioning nobody by doing all this. if you must have a petition, go itch at microsoft to allow you lot to port halo 1 content to cryengine. but seriously why would you want halo 1 stuff anyway, it looks like garbage, if u want to make it look pretty, then make better textures for it.

Guilty_spark

enjoy my bright, blue, balls!

Posted: Aug 5, 2013 11:20 PM    Msg. 32 of 70       

you aren't

why should the whole community use cryengine 3? some may prefer Unity or Unreal or other alternatives. imposing one specific engine onto a diverse community is a bad idea.
And some people like me are fine with the engine halo runs on.

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Aug 6, 2013 12:03 AM    Msg. 33 of 70       
Quote: --- Original message by: greg079
ok kids... immuh just go ahead and lay this out for you all. firstly i can guarantee to anyone, that if they ported BG with only stock content, that it would not only be prettier, but it would push a higher framerate than the blam engine running it at the same resolution, so there is no performance worry. next, until somebody makes the coding needed for halo type gameplay, forget about porting tags. finally, you lot are literally petitioning nobody by doing all this. if you must have a petition, go itch at microsoft to allow you lot to port halo 1 content to cryengine. but seriously why would you want halo 1 stuff anyway, it looks like garbage, if u want to make it look pretty, then make better textures for it.

I agree with this 1000%.
Edited by Dumb AI on Aug 6, 2013 at 12:03 AM

MatthewDratt

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com

Posted: Aug 6, 2013 12:05 AM    Msg. 34 of 70       
117 signed

Caesar

Posted: Aug 6, 2013 03:31 AM    Msg. 35 of 70       
Yesterday it was 7 supporters now it's 114.

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon September 16, 2019 5:49 AM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website