A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Child Scenarios

Author Topic: Child Scenarios (8 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

YesUar

Shhhhh !!!

Posted: Sep 6, 2013 01:16 AM    Msg. 1 of 8       
With Child Scenarios, can you reedit your 3DS max model in 3DS, then open the Scenario for it in Sapien again, and still have your tags there ?

if not, is there a way to do this.

Say you made a map and played on it, but you don't like certain things about it and you may want to add or take away some things.

Is there a way to edit it in 3DS, go back to Guerilla and Sapien, but still have the tags and settings that you wanted to keep in it ?
Edited by YesUar on Sep 6, 2013 at 01:19 AM

Hobbet360

ProTools > ToolPro

Posted: Sep 6, 2013 08:31 AM    Msg. 2 of 8       
Yes you can, but I treat my scenarios like adults.

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: Sep 7, 2013 10:49 PM    Msg. 3 of 8       
You shouldn't need a child scenario for that...
Just recompile the bsp (use the 'structure' command in tool) and it will overwrite your old level's model. Your scenario will be intact, so your scenery, biped, equipment, start points, etc will be unchanged.

YesUar

Shhhhh !!!

Posted: Sep 7, 2013 11:07 PM    Msg. 4 of 8       
Quote: --- Original message by: UnevenElefant5
You shouldn't need a child scenario for that...
Just recompile the bsp (use the 'structure' command in tool) and it will overwrite your old level's model. Your scenario will be intact, so your scenery, biped, equipment, start points, etc will be unchanged.

So let me see if i got this right

I remove the scenario file and leave the BSP file in my folder (because if the scenario file is recompiled, Sapien will crash).

Then i Run

STRUCTURE COMMAND: tool structure levels\folder name (space) Map Name, in order to put the new information from the JMS file onto the BSP file.

Put the Scenario file back in My folder.

Then Open it in Sapien and it will be Unchanged as far as the Scenery and Start Point etc....

Did i get it right ?

Edited by YesUar on Sep 7, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Xiao

Keiichi-kun o mitsuketa.

Posted: Sep 8, 2013 04:56 PM    Msg. 5 of 8       
Uhm, why do you need to move the scenario file out? Leave it in and just compile the bsp again.
If the scenario crashes after recompiling the BSP, check your debug.txt.

YesUar

Shhhhh !!!

Posted: Sep 8, 2013 07:16 PM    Msg. 6 of 8       
When i run tool structure, isn't the scenario written over ?

SAS

I comment every once in a while

Posted: Sep 9, 2013 01:40 PM    Msg. 7 of 8       
Quote: --- Original message by: YesUar
When i run tool structure, isn't the scenario written over ?

only the bsp is overwritten. the rest of the scenario (like weapons, spawns, etc) is unchanged because they are stored in a different tag

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: Sep 9, 2013 03:02 PM    Msg. 8 of 8       
Yes, like SAS said. The .scenario stores all the object placements (ai, scenery, weapons, spawns, etc) while the .scenario_structure_bsp stores the actual level geometry (your 3ds max file). So you can run the structure command all day and never harm your .scenario file.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue October 22, 2019 4:14 AM 328 ms.
A Halo Maps Website