A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Remember entry/weapon/decision from a map to another?

Author Topic: Remember entry/weapon/decision from a map to another? (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

heempy

Posted: Sep 8, 2013 12:14 AM    Msg. 1 of 3       
I didn't know what to call it.
I was wondering if it is possible for a .map or .yelo to remember what weapon the player is holding so that the weapon would be used at the beginning of the next map. Or remember if an encounter from the last .map or .yelo was killed or not.
I guessing what i'm trying to say is if there is a way to remember booleans through 2 scenarios.

kirby_422

Apparently public enemy number 1?

Posted: Sep 8, 2013 01:05 AM    Msg. 2 of 3       
Refer to the newest tutorial on my script thread, the tutorial "passing data between maps"
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=41490

If your too lazy to read/tl;dr, you store the data in player control options (yaw, pitch, forward, etc) and then read the data on load for any other maps (make sure you take note of the default values).

heempy

Posted: Sep 8, 2013 01:17 AM    Msg. 3 of 3       
thanks, and thankyou for highlighting the OS and non-Os and other importan things
its very handy.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat July 4, 2020 7:11 AM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website