A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »REACH_Tags

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: REACH_Tags (56 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

Spartan 2507

Posted: Sep 9, 2013 06:42 PM    Msg. 1 of 56       
Hi everyone, im working hard on this since the last month...
i think look nice but can be bether...

grunt_eater

Everything except biped rigging.

Posted: Sep 9, 2013 06:44 PM    Msg. 2 of 56       
You need help with shaders.

Spartan 2507

Posted: Sep 9, 2013 06:48 PM    Msg. 3 of 56       
i know, thanks :D

Spiral

I hope i'm out of the way

Posted: Sep 9, 2013 06:57 PM    Msg. 4 of 56       
damn, skirmishers.

wolf777blizard

Posted: Sep 9, 2013 07:49 PM    Msg. 5 of 56       
nice work man

DOOM899

{DM} [gamesmaster] if i can ill help maybe

Posted: Sep 9, 2013 07:54 PM    Msg. 6 of 56       
good map

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Sep 9, 2013 07:55 PM    Msg. 7 of 56       
Are those odsts set to marine animations or do you intend to make custom ones?

Along with that, can we see some video of the weapons, however much of it you have done anyways.

Shaders need some serious work (I don't see any cube or specular mapping on anything (do you intend to use OS or are you going vanilla halo with this?), but if your materials are set right, the rest is easy.

Overall, its a nice start, rest depends on how much work you're willing to put in

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Sep 9, 2013 11:28 PM    Msg. 8 of 56       
The visor needs a different cubemap.

Jlx2

UMT Member

Posted: Sep 11, 2013 08:45 AM    Msg. 9 of 56       
Visor's.......

Yoshiman

Posted: Sep 12, 2013 06:56 PM    Msg. 10 of 56       

Open Sauce can make pretty decent shaders.

bourrin33

HEK not installed tho

Posted: Sep 13, 2013 05:43 AM    Msg. 11 of 56       
Quote: --- Original message by: Yoshiman
http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae18/YoshimanHaloCE/haloce2013-09-1215-52-56-60_zpsb25273f7.png

How about you and rigging ?

Yoshiman

Posted: Sep 14, 2013 08:47 PM    Msg. 12 of 56       
Quote: --- Original message by: bourrin33
http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae18/YoshimanHaloCE/haloce2013-09-1215-52-56-60_zpsb25273f7.png

How about you and rigging ?

I'm pretty terrible at rigging but I usually use all the bones like the ponytail and mandibles. I also ported a couple of Reach characters in-game with lods and collision models.

Edited by Yoshiman on Sep 15, 2013 at 06:36 PM

Yoshiman

Posted: Sep 14, 2013 10:32 PM    Msg. 13 of 56       
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGAVKNG
Just asking, were all those elite models separate or did you need to use the armorless elite and put in the armor?

They are all one model but permutations. So the minor elite is one model and is also permutation 1 and the officer is permutation 2 and so on. The dialogue in the biped file selects the permutation in the model.
Edited by Yoshiman on Sep 14, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Yoshiman

Posted: Sep 15, 2013 06:29 PM    Msg. 14 of 56       
Ok, did you use adjundant to rip? if so what formats did you export in?

I used Adjutant and exported it in emf format.

Yoshiman

Posted: Sep 15, 2013 07:00 PM    Msg. 15 of 56       

Ok, also, sometimes in models i get rainbow color changing in adjundant, how do i fix it?
Edited by MEGAVKNG on Sep 15, 2013 at 06:54 PM

If it's in the model viewer, I doubt you can fix it. I'm not sure though. Maybe it means it doesn't have a bitmap or something. Other than that I mostly see Halo 4 models with that problem.

bourrin33

HEK not installed tho

Posted: Sep 16, 2013 04:42 AM    Msg. 16 of 56       
The elites are beautiful, I think you should release them !
And you also should put a bit of time in fixing the knees and few parts (certainly the back of the shoulders on the marines) to have something looking nice and consistent with the shaders/LODs

Yoshiman

Posted: Sep 16, 2013 08:13 PM    Msg. 17 of 56       
Quote: --- Original message by: bourrin33
The elites are beautiful, I think you should release them !
And you also should put a bit of time in fixing the knees and few parts (certainly the back of the shoulders on the marines) to have something looking nice and consistent with the shaders/LODs

I might release the elite bipeds after I finish my campaign. As for the marines, I'll fix their knees. It's a huge hassle to recompile models because it removes the regions in the gbx file and so I have to recreate them. I also use theater mode a lot in Halo Reach to get the characters a little accurate and mimic a few of their permutations. And I do have a Halo 4 Mark V biped which I'll use as Spartan 2's. Although I despise Halo 4, I like their Mark V armor.

Comes in any color,

even Master Chief.

Spartan 2507

Posted: Sep 27, 2013 05:49 PM    Msg. 18 of 56       
i prefer not use open sauce... look nice but i was having problems using it... :/

DOOM899

{DM} [gamesmaster] if i can ill help maybe

Posted: Sep 27, 2013 07:14 PM    Msg. 19 of 56       
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan 2507
i prefer not use open sauce... look nice but i was having problems using it... :/
like what problems ther is 1 problem with open sauce but to stop you on using open sauce man??
Edited by DOOM899 on Sep 27, 2013 at 07:58 PM

Yoshiman

Posted: Sep 28, 2013 09:51 AM    Msg. 20 of 56       
Quote: --- Original message by: DOOM899

like what problems ther is 1 problem with open sauce but to stop you on using open sauce man??

One problem I have with it is I can't see detail object collections. Like the 2d grass and foliage in the game. Lumoria has a lot of them. But if you have open sauce activated its just not there. Hopefully in the next version of Open Sauce, they fix it.
Edited by Yoshiman on Sep 28, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Yoshiman

Posted: Sep 28, 2013 11:58 AM    Msg. 21 of 56       
Quote: --- Original message by: Tiel
Quote: --- Original message by: DOOM899

One problem I have with it is I can't see detail object collections. Like the 2d grass and foliage in the game. Lumoria has a lot of them. But if you have open sauce activated its just not there. Hopefully in the next version of Open Sauce, they fix it.

You got these results without Open Sauce? Wow.

To be honest OS is a huge boner killer for me since using tags demanding it means you can only target a miniscule demographic of halo players.

I used open sauce. I was just stating a problem I have with it. But one of the main reasons I use open sauce is because I don't want grubby Illegal Latinos(Latinos who illegally got Halo CE and then start becoming a pest on servers by making teams unbalanced etc.) to get their hands on it. Most of them are on the non updated Halo. And if the graphics part is the problem why most people don't use Open Sauce then you can disable most of those features to decrease lag.

Yoshiman

Posted: Sep 28, 2013 02:06 PM    Msg. 22 of 56       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh
I use Open Sauce, wasn't there a poll which asked if one used Open Sauce? The majority answered yes.

People will automatically switch to Open Sauce if there is a map that's worth it needs it.

Seems rather subject to bias, and even then anyone who answered yes would still be a subset simply by virtue of there being well over a thousand people registered here.

And from what I've seen, the answer is no as far as switching to OS for a particular map. Everyone offers non-sauce versions of their maps because they know not doing so means it will be even more underplayed than usual. Even CMT, who were supposed to be the flagship team, followed the trend there. Or set it, rather.

I'd love to see OS used more commonly, but as it stands the only thing it seems to have accomplished is dividing the community even more.

I think what would divide the community even more is the Cry Engine 3 Halo Custom Edition. But of course, I think that discussion died quite quickly. So if no one will make open sauce only maps then I will. Because why not? It doesn't matter to me if a lot people play or not. As long is it's fun for anyone who cares enough to play it.

Yoshiman

Posted: Sep 28, 2013 02:18 PM    Msg. 23 of 56       
I use Open Sauce, wasn't there a poll which asked if one used Open Sauce? The majority answered yes.

People will automatically switch to Open Sauce if there is a map that's worth it needs it.

Seems rather subject to bias, and even then anyone who answered yes would still be a subset simply by virtue of there being well over a thousand people registered here.

And from what I've seen, the answer is no as far as switching to OS for a particular map. Everyone offers non-sauce versions of their maps because they know not doing so means it will be even more underplayed than usual. Even CMT, who were supposed to be the flagship team, followed the trend there. Or set it, rather.

I'd love to see OS used more commonly, but as it stands the only thing it seems to have accomplished is dividing the community even more.

I think what would divide the community even more is the Cry Engine 3 Halo Custom Edition. But of course, I think that discussion died quite quickly. So if no one will make open sauce only maps then I will. Because why not? It doesn't matter to me if a lot people play or not. As long is it's fun for anyone who cares enough to play it.

I was one of the players on Elefant's gamenight following the release of his mappack. It was not a secret, there was a forum post. Guess how many people showed up for that one round of playing? Eight to ten, by my count.

Guess how many people are playing it right now? Zero.

Were there any inherent flaws in the maps? No, they were all brilliantly designed and had great gameplay value. Maps here have a terribly high attrition rate unless they go in with the intent of catering to a particular trait players want, such as shiny tagsets (CMT Snow Grove) or well-balanced vehicular warfare (Coldsnap). I just don't get why anyone would willingly gimp themselves even more by ensuring even less people utilize their content before the hype wears off.

You could say you're just doing it for the fun of it, but sublimely every creator wants people to enjoy what they're doing, even if their primary goal is to just better their skills. And right now the current circulation of people using OS is just not enough to sustain a map for any period of time longer than a week, if that. Hence why from what I've seen it's primarily SP maps that use Sauce, simply because you don't need upwards of ten people willing to download and install it to have a good time.

Exactly why Single Player maps are great. You don't need people to have fun.

Yoshiman

Posted: Sep 28, 2013 02:36 PM    Msg. 24 of 56       
I'm pretty sure that's exactly what I said, right at the end there.

Which is why I said "exactly" because I am agreeing with your point that you don't need people to have fun on single player.

Yoshiman

Posted: Sep 28, 2013 06:31 PM    Msg. 25 of 56       
Actually, SP into MP maps using Kirby's AI sync method. But you wouldn't be able to do much because of the tag limit, which is much higher with OS.

And in the end, don't we make maps because we like to do so and don't care what others want?

That is very true and Johnlex is a good example of that.

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Sep 28, 2013 07:26 PM    Msg. 26 of 56       
Just put some critical element in it like dual wielding, boarding and equipment.

At this point in time barely any new releases are actually being played - people like to stick to the classics like coldsnap, grove, etc. You can have an absolutely beautiful map and a successful gamenight, but then it falls into obscurity. Making an independent map absolutely require a third party mod only accelerates the process.

My perspective here is that for OS to truly take off a majority of the mappers here would need to start making what people want rather than what they themselves prefer and doing it with Sauce. It might be too late for that, though...there was no hype outside of CMT, and now that they've released a level I'm certain a great many people now think they know what it's capable of and closed the books.

So, H3 OS maps and Reach OS maps?

renegade343

CE3 Stage Modeler, Editor, and Writer

Posted: Sep 28, 2013 07:35 PM    Msg. 27 of 56       
...for OS to truly take off a majority of the mappers here would need to start making what people want rather than what they themselves prefer and doing it with Sauce. ... I'm certain a great many people now think CMT knows what it's capable of and closed the books.

Couldn't it take off the other way, though? It's just as likely that people could think that SPV3 is the textbook example for OS, and they might be inspired to use it themselves.

At this point in time barely any new releases are actually being played - people like to stick to the classics like coldsnap, grove, etc. You can have an absolutely beautiful map and a successful gamenight, but then it falls into obscurity.

Regardless of Open Sauce being used by more modders, though, wouldn't this still be a problem?
Heck, aren't there still a lot of players who aren't even AWARE of OS because of this?
If you want to get more people to use OS and have a more diverse menu of maps, this is what you need to solve first before anything else.

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: Oct 2, 2013 09:54 PM    Msg. 28 of 56       
Tiel, you make it sound like it matters if you use OS or not, simple fact is that it does not.
No matter if you use OS or not, nobody is going to play your map. There is no "point" in making a map for other people because it will not get played, so all thats left is to make maps for your own satisfaction.

No amount of trolling or arguing will change that fact.

Hobbet360

ProTools > ToolPro

Posted: Oct 2, 2013 10:03 PM    Msg. 29 of 56       

^^^

This is purdy. :)

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: Oct 2, 2013 10:09 PM    Msg. 30 of 56       

Quote: --- Original message by: waffles
Part of the problem even notwithstanding the above is that you have all the content creators on two or more networks, whereas Halo MP is this closed biscuit. There needs to be more integration so everyone knows what's going on without having to scour Youtube for shoddy promo vids. One of the reasons I'm in favor of just packing up bags and moving to an engine like CE or UDK...the CE master server will go down before M$ ever allows community input.

Whats keeping you here then?

Because you haven't yet, duh. This was my first internet forum (had an account before this one), I'm not about to just give up on it.

Quote: --- Original message by: Maniac1000
Tiel, you make it sound like it matters if you use OS or not, simple fact is that it does not.
No matter if you use OS or not, nobody is going to play your map. There is no "point" in making a map for other people because it will not get played, so all thats left is to make maps for your own satisfaction.

No amount of trolling or arguing will change that fact.

If that's the case, then please do explain to me the point of creating multiplayer maps, or really even this site if we're only making things for ourselves. Truth be told I believe you are taking this stance more to aggravate me based on previous grievances, but nonetheless I am prepared to be enlightened.

Edited by Tiel on Oct 2, 2013 at 10:03 PM

You just answered your own question.

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: Oct 2, 2013 10:13 PM    Msg. 31 of 56       
Ok.
The point in creating mp maps that nobody will play for more than maybe 4 days, umm, self gratification?

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: Oct 2, 2013 10:15 PM    Msg. 32 of 56       
When did i say that?

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: Oct 2, 2013 10:21 PM    Msg. 33 of 56       
I already posted my opinions on OS vs no OS, it makes no difference as to how your mp maps will be received.
You simply did not read or comprehend my post well.

Basically there are no maps that have been made within the last year or so (OS or not) that will be played regularly by any amount of players. So if you are making maps for other people to ooo and aww over it or you, then you are wasting your time.

Edited by Maniac1000 on Oct 2, 2013 at 10:23 PM

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: Oct 2, 2013 10:49 PM    Msg. 34 of 56       
To your 1st question my answer is yes.
The 2nd question is a little more tricky to answer, i guess it has 2 parts. This website is a resource for people who are looking for assets and tools. I am not sure to what end Dennis hosts the site other than that, you would have to ask him.

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Oct 2, 2013 10:50 PM    Msg. 35 of 56       
@Tiel: He seems to be saying that, due to the predominant numbers of servers hosted on stock or older, classic custom maps such as Extinction and Coldsnap, he intends to create a map that is pleasing to himself, rather than create a map for the sole purpose of it becoming super popular and played by all.
Edited by Echo77 on Oct 2, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon May 25, 2020 4:55 PM 266 ms.
A Halo Maps Website