A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista General Discussion »How Do I?

Author Topic: How Do I? (9 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Recon_Sniper_4

Take down what once was a great power.

Posted: Sep 30, 2013 03:02 PM    Msg. 1 of 9       
How do i make it so that halo 2 is compatible with windows 8? i have a windows 8 64 bit laptop and i wanted to know how i can make it so i can play.
thanks

rcghalohell

I can jump?Weeeee (pop!) (No1 heard from it again)

Posted: Sep 30, 2013 03:04 PM    Msg. 2 of 9       
actually I need to help my friend out with that too, someone should help out

Kills_Alone

I ain't got no candy for you, NO CANDY

Posted: Sep 30, 2013 08:14 PM    Msg. 3 of 9       
It just worked for me, when I installed it Win 8 (64-bit) said there was a compatibility issue with Win8 and H2v so I clicked okay or whatever the button said and it worked anyways.

Just make sure you have all your MS .Net and Windows Updates first, and when you run the game to get the Live/game updates you may need to right click on the executable and select Run As Admin.

Recon_Sniper_4

Posted: Oct 1, 2013 05:40 PM    Msg. 4 of 9       
well i installed it twice and when i ran it, it said could not launch live.exe or whatever because of the dedicated server when i dont have one up..

rcghalohell

Posted: Oct 1, 2013 05:45 PM    Msg. 5 of 9       
same with my friend

kirby_422

Apparently public enemy number 1?

Posted: Oct 1, 2013 06:15 PM    Msg. 6 of 9       
Any time I reinstall H2V after formatting my PC (regardless of OS), I always run the H2 update, and live update before even attempting to run the game.

H2V update
Games for Windows Live Update

After installing those two, try again.

Kills_Alone

I ain't got no candy for you, NO CANDY

Posted: Oct 1, 2013 07:16 PM    Msg. 7 of 9       
Yes, the issue is that H2v gets upset if you install another game that has a newer version of Live (such as Dark Souls) before updating Live through H2v.

To do it properly one would probably need to install the game and update Live first, then test and play the game online or at least connected to G4WL.

Later, you would install other (newer) Live games, but the Live part would already be set up so it would not stop H2v from running.

In your case you might be screwed without a reinstall and following the proper install order as I just outlined, so try what we have suggested first.

Recon_Sniper_4

Posted: Oct 2, 2013 08:58 PM    Msg. 8 of 9       
well i found out running a compatibility test that it trys running it on a service pack for windows xp so i changed it to vista, if you need help i will elaborate more. just pm me :D

rcghalohell

Posted: Jan 19, 2014 08:38 PM    Msg. 9 of 9       
gotta say, its a good thing I had this topic save in my email. laptop is good to go. :D POWER!!!!!!!

yes I just bumped this

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun February 17, 2019 10:22 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website