A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Map Pack or something?

Author Topic: Map Pack or something? (11 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

VladmirFox

Posted: Oct 17, 2013 08:40 PM    Msg. 1 of 11       
I'm new to this whole Halo CE thing (I know I know I'm coming in really really late and all :( but eh.) Anyways I was wondering is there something like a map pack or something similar with a lot of the multiplayer maps in it? I want to have a lot of different maps for me and my friends to play on but don't want to have to go and download each and every single one of them a big pack would be nice and easy. :) thanks in advance for any answers.

YesUar

Shhhhh !!!

Posted: Oct 17, 2013 09:02 PM    Msg. 2 of 11       
You're not the only one who's late
there is this file that automatically downloads maps to your map folder during the switching of games on this one custom map server. Forgot what it was though. perhaps someone will come in and refresh my memory

VladmirFox

Posted: Oct 17, 2013 09:05 PM    Msg. 3 of 11       
So there is no like big zip file or something with a bunch of maps? or are you saying there is? I'm sorry I'm a bit lost at what your trying to say. :(

Guilty_spark

enjoy my bright, blue, balls!

Posted: Oct 17, 2013 09:09 PM    Msg. 4 of 11       
just download the maps from this site one at a time, or you can get open sauce or hac 2 which offers auto map downloads so when you join a server it downloads the map if you don't have it.

YesUar

Shhhhh !!!

Posted: Oct 17, 2013 09:12 PM    Msg. 5 of 11       
Quote: --- Original message by: VladmirFox
So there is no like big zip file or something with a bunch of maps? or are you saying there is? I'm sorry I'm a bit lost at what your trying to say. :(

There's got to be some maps zipped up somewhere, i just don't know where
I could zip up some maps for you and get you a link, not sure if that's allowed here though.

VladmirFox

Posted: Oct 17, 2013 09:12 PM    Msg. 6 of 11       
I know that I could download them one at a time from the site but I was wondering if there was a zip file or something with a good sized amount of the maps so that way it would save time and me and my friends could get straight to just playing the game together.

MatthewDratt

TAKEDOWN IS OUT MattDratt.com

Posted: Oct 17, 2013 09:22 PM    Msg. 7 of 11       
I know that I could download them one at a time from the site but I was wondering if there was a zip file or something with a good sized amount of the maps so that way it would save time and me and my friends could get straight to just playing the game together.

No. This site doesn't put up map packs.

You might find some by googling.

Mods like "Open Sauce 3.1" will download the map in-game if you try joining a server that you do not have the map for.

Danger_zone_98

Posted: Oct 17, 2013 09:24 PM    Msg. 8 of 11       

I don't think so. But you should check this: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=42190

We could suggest maps if you want too.

VladmirFox

Posted: Oct 17, 2013 09:26 PM    Msg. 9 of 11       
suggestions would be lovely. :)

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Oct 17, 2013 09:29 PM    Msg. 10 of 11       
Use either the latest version of Open Suace or HAC 2 for an ingame map downloaded that will automatically place them in your map folder and load them for you so you do not have to exit your game or reload.

StormUndBlackbird

https://youtube.com/StormUndBlackbird

Posted: Oct 18, 2013 12:32 AM    Msg. 11 of 11       
At well as best, Realworld has map packs you can download.

Have fun ;-)

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon May 25, 2020 4:25 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website