A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »SAS's weapon wips

Page 1 of 4 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · Next
Author Topic: SAS's weapon wips (106 messages, Page 1 of 4)
Moderators: Dennis

SAS

I comment every once in a while

Posted: Oct 28, 2013 10:13 AM    Msg. 1 of 106       
I had these in the Weapons - WIP thread, but I decided to make a new thread. I don't do well with introductions. But here's what I've got so far:
SMG

Features: 48 round mags, 2x zoom scope with minor night vision (about half as powerful as the vanilla sniper rifle)

BR

(sorry, not a very good picture)

(br with full ammo)

(br with no ammo)

Features: 36 round mags, ammo display that fades from blue to orange-red as it is fired (using a different method than I've seen used).

I will be making more, based on you all want to see. As I always say with these things: Thoughts? Comments? Criticism? Places I can improve? Edgy reply about how much halo 4 sucks (please don't)?
Edited by SAS on Oct 28, 2013 at 10:15 AM

game user10

Who is the Overseer?

Posted: Oct 28, 2013 10:20 AM    Msg. 2 of 106       
Why all the silencers?
Wish I could model like that...

SAS

Posted: Oct 28, 2013 10:34 AM    Msg. 3 of 106       
Lol, yeah, I guess I have only made silenced versions so far. I promise the next one won't be.

jackrabbit

Fight Against the Machine of Deth!

Posted: Oct 28, 2013 10:49 AM    Msg. 4 of 106       
You know i have been working on the h4 br's alot lately and i was thinking how cool it might just be to remove the handle on the top and drop the thing down to just at the top of the lcd.
is that top one from halo odst? looks like it!
I just came up with a pritty sweet auto 3 shot burst fireing effect. if your looking for some custom effects for one of them that combines cmt & reach & h4 made by yoda effects and particals and shhhh
Im having some issues with Ar sounds SaS on the h4 ar I need some help!
Im just trying to use cmt's reach ar sounds with it but they dont sound right when i use em in the new effect tag.
do you have any h4 ar sounds?
I have all the assets for a final tag but the sound files im trying to use wont play nice with yodas new effects =(
but they work fine on other effects.
the problum doesnt seem to be in the sound tags.
and the effects tags work fine but when i add the sounds to it it seems like they sound cut off.

try this!

Edited by jackrabbit on Oct 28, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Oct 28, 2013 12:14 PM    Msg. 5 of 106       
@SAS: Me gusta. Are you looking for ideas for additional battle rifle and submachine gun variants, or for weapon ideas in general?

@Jackrabbit: I feel that on the submachine gun, an ammo counter would make more sense as an attachment. The assault rifle has a large cowling to house the display, and the battle rifle has it built into the carry handle, but the SMG doesn't really have any empty spaces that could believably house the necessary electronics.
Edited by Echo77 on Oct 28, 2013 at 12:17 PM

jackrabbit

Posted: Oct 28, 2013 12:50 PM    Msg. 6 of 106       
what do you meen the space is right where i photoshped it in the picture all you need to do is model it in.

& that is why i ony used the bootom half sence the top is not animated anyway.
i have lit shares for a red dispaluy and numbers alredy made along with the lazer i think it would look great.
also some scope shares!
model it in and illl throw some sause on it!
Edited by jackrabbit on Oct 28, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Echo77

Posted: Oct 28, 2013 12:58 PM    Msg. 7 of 106       
Quote: --- Original message by: jackrabbit

what do you meen the space is right where i photoshped it in the picture all you need to do is model it in.

& that is why i ony used the bootom half sence the top is not animated anyway.
i have lit shares for a red dispaluy and numbers alredy made along with the lazer i think it would look great.
Edited by jackrabbit on Oct 28, 2013 at 12:51 PM

There is a blank area, yes, but that is the receiver cover; the inner mechanisms of the weapon are inside of that, which is why I doubt there would be room for the electronic components that would be needed for an ammo counter to function.

SAS

Posted: Oct 28, 2013 01:25 PM    Msg. 8 of 106       
I guess if I were to remove the scope, I could mount an attachable ammo counter like the one on the reach ar.

SAS

Posted: Oct 28, 2013 01:54 PM    Msg. 9 of 106       
Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77

Are you looking for ideas for additional battle rifle and submachine gun variants, or for weapon ideas in general?

Both!

jackrabbit

Posted: Oct 28, 2013 04:08 PM    Msg. 10 of 106       
i have the shaders alredy. skype me!

killzone64

Mostly active on discord

Posted: Oct 28, 2013 04:11 PM    Msg. 11 of 106       
i see a lot of color noise on those bitmaps, might i suggest splitting the alpha and the diffuse of the texture in Photoshop then recompiling.

Echo77

Posted: Oct 28, 2013 06:06 PM    Msg. 12 of 106       
Quote: --- Original message by: SAS

Are you looking for ideas for additional battle rifle and submachine gun variants, or for weapon ideas in general?

Both!

Excellent! I'll just rattle off a list of things that come to mind, and then you can pick through and decide which ones might be worth your time:
•Assault Rifle with M301 Grenade Launcher
•Countersniper BR or DMR: A Battle Rifle or DMR fitted with a sniper scope and suppressor (and possibly a bipod), for use against enemy sharpshooters.
•Man-portable M247T Medium Machine Gun: A portable variant of the machine gun turret found on the Scorpion tank in Halo: Reach and Halo 4, with the metal shield removed (and maybe an added bipod).
•M7 Submachine Gun: A variant of your current incarnation of SMG with foregrip removed and stock collapsed. No accessories.
•Assault Rifle with ammo counter removed and replaced by low-magnification electronic optics.
•Shotgun with lengthened barrel and extended tube magazine.
•Single-shot, lightweight, disposable variant of the SPNKr rocket launcher?

...My mind has gone blank. I'll think about it some more and return later.

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Oct 28, 2013 06:21 PM    Msg. 13 of 106       
If you do decide to remove the Scope on the SMG and replace it with an ammo counter, you could do what ReRout did for Toten Nacht a while back, and make the scope have a built-in mini ammo counter on the lower side of the scope. I'd give you a picture but i cant find the old thread

olly12345

Posted: Oct 28, 2013 06:48 PM    Msg. 14 of 106       
BR55P - Compact BR55 varient that removes the upper rail system, and features a shortened barrel length, The bullpup design means that it retains most of its accuracy at medium range, but is more compact and easier to store or conceal.

M6CA: The M6C placed inside a rifle casing, allowing for a short barreled rifle in the caliber of a pistol. Which, for the record is 12.7x40mm (.50 Cal)
Like this

savinpvtmike

It's heavily inserted

Posted: Oct 28, 2013 07:16 PM    Msg. 15 of 106       
nice keep up the work

SAS

Posted: Oct 28, 2013 08:08 PM    Msg. 16 of 106       
I'm liking the ideas! My main setback in some of them is that I kind of suck donkey dong at animating, though I can always get better!

Echo77

Posted: Oct 28, 2013 09:43 PM    Msg. 17 of 106       
Quote: --- Original message by: olly12345
M6CA: The M6C placed inside a rifle casing, allowing for a short barreled rifle in the caliber of a pistol. Which, for the record is 12.7x40mm (.50 Cal)
Like this

There's something similar to this in Halo canon, although it's referred to as the M6J. While there are no official images of it, someone did create a mock-up that looks rather nice.

olly12345

Posted: Oct 28, 2013 11:26 PM    Msg. 18 of 106       
Quote: --- Original message by: olly12345
Like this

There's something similar to this in Halo canon, although it's referred to as the M6J. While there are no official images of it, someone did create a mock-up that looks rather nice.

That's pretty neat, mock-up looks decent enough, though it's probably too obvious that it's a pistol for design choice rather than practicality.

Still, it'd be cool to see something like this in game.

DFagent007

Project Operation Secret Mision XD

Posted: Oct 29, 2013 01:27 AM    Msg. 19 of 106       
COD Modifications :D

SAS

Posted: Oct 29, 2013 10:33 AM    Msg. 20 of 106       
Updates!

I've been toying with a few of the ideas, and here's what I've got so far. Note: Still in concept stages.

Counter-sniper dmr

There really wasn't all that much I could do, as the dmr already kind of fills this role. But alas, I lengthened the barrel a tad, added a bipod, and changed the scope (though I might change it back, the h4 dmr's scope is not that bad).

Concept lmg:

This one is actually a combination of two different requests I got. Back in the Weapons thread, someone suggested I make an lmg using another weapon's body as a base. And in here, a portable version of the reach mg was suggested. After looking at it, I realized just how much bigger it was than I remembered it being. So, I used the back half of the reach sniper (since it also fits the angular aesthetic) as a way to sort of make a Halo-era m249 ish weapon. Bitmaps will be changed.

Echo77

Posted: Oct 29, 2013 11:37 AM    Msg. 21 of 106       
For the countersniper DMR's scope, I was thinking something more along the lines of this. In-game, the weapon would be something like a light sniper rifle, with a high-level of magnification, but lower damage than the typical two-shot kill offered by the traditional sniper rifles. Accuracy might be slightly lower, but it would make up for this with its larger magazine.

Clever thinking, using the thumbhole stock for the machine gun; I was under the impression it would have to be carried Browning M1919-style. Are you using the M247H (the most common, .50 caliber variant, found mounted on tripods) or the M247T (the shorter, 7.62mm variant found mounted on the Scorpion tank)?

SAS

Posted: Oct 29, 2013 11:51 AM    Msg. 22 of 106       
For the countersniper DMR's scope, I was thinking something more along the lines of this. In-game, the weapon would be something like a light sniper rifle, with a high-level of magnification, but lower damage than the typical two-shot kill offered by the traditional sniper rifles. Accuracy might be slightly lower, but it would make up for this with its larger magazine.

Clever thinking, using the thumbhole stock for the machine gun; I was under the impression it would have to be carried Browning M1919-style. Are you using the M247H (the most common, .50 caliber variant, found mounted on tripods) or the M247T (the shorter, 7.62mm variant found mounted on the Scorpion tank)?

I started with the m247t, but it was kind of an awkward size- to small to fit with the sniper and too big to comfortably be used on its own. So I switched to the m247h- WAY to big to be used on its own, but fit with the sniper better.

jackrabbit

Posted: Oct 29, 2013 11:57 AM    Msg. 23 of 106       

I really like this idia!

Echo77

Posted: Oct 29, 2013 12:05 PM    Msg. 24 of 106       
Quote: --- Original message by: SAS

I started with the m247t, but it was kind of an awkward size- to small to fit with the sniper and too big to comfortably be used on its own. So I switched to the m247h- WAY to big to be used on its own, but fit with the sniper better.

Ah, I see. While the M247T may be a bit too large to be utilized by the typical Marine, a Spartan might not have the same problem. If you decide to make one of those as well, instead of giving it a stock, you could just have them fire it from the hip using the existing grip.

Since your portable M247H is a .50 caliber monster, a large muzzle brake/compensator might be something to look into.
Edited by Echo77 on Oct 29, 2013 at 12:06 PM

SAS

Posted: Oct 29, 2013 01:11 PM    Msg. 25 of 106       

muzzle brake added. And part of the reason I ended up using the sniper back was because only the m247h has the existing grips (the m247t's triggers are located on the rotating part that the player sits in and it doesn't have the front grip for carrying that the m247h has)

Echo77

Posted: Oct 29, 2013 01:25 PM    Msg. 26 of 106       
Quote: --- Original message by: SAS(the m247t's triggers are located on the rotating part that the player sits in and it doesn't have the front grip for carrying that the m247h has)

Ah, how inconvenient. \:

The only other idea I have in regards to the M247T is that a modified Spiker pistol grip might fit onto it. After removing the blade and the trigger guard, and possibly changing the trigger to a more conventional design, it wouldn't be too dissimilar from the grip used by the M1919. While there's no front grip, the player could probably grip the handguard with their other hand.

Edit: Other weapon ideas!:
•Shotgun with pistol grip pump and red dot sight. Fires slugs.
•Automag-style M6G magnum.
•Sniper rifle fitted with a large suppressor.
•An MA5K carbine. Might be do-able by modifying an Assault Rifle and combining with elements of the DMR or Battle Rifle.
•MA5 assault rifle with extended magazine.
Edited by Echo77 on Oct 29, 2013 at 01:51 PM

SAS

Posted: Oct 29, 2013 02:16 PM    Msg. 27 of 106       
Much closer to final! Bitmap edits and a couple model changes (box mag has an interior and bullets for the reload)

Quote: --- Original message by: SAS(the m247t's triggers are located on the rotating part that the player sits in and it doesn't have the front grip for carrying that the m247h has)

Ah, how inconvenient. \:

The only other idea I have in regards to the M247T is that a modified Spiker pistol grip might fit onto it. After removing the blade and the trigger guard, and possibly changing the trigger to a more conventional design, it wouldn't be too dissimilar from the grip used by the M1919. While there's no front grip, the player could probably grip the handguard with their other hand.

Edit: Other weapon ideas!:
•Shotgun with pistol grip pump and red dot sight. Fires slugs.
•Automag-style M6G magnum.
•An MA5K carbine. Might be do-able by modifying an Assault Rifle and combining with elements of the DMR or Battle Rifle.
•MA5 assault rifle with extended magazine.

If I were to do an ma5k, I would probably base the body off of cmt's model, just because it is already almost exactly like the ma5k in ghosts of onyx (seriously, the only difference is how and where the optic rail ends, orange being where it should end. Obviously, this was cmt's, so they could do anything they wanted design-wise. But other than that, it's pretty much spot on.)

greg079

channeling my inner april fool

Posted: Oct 29, 2013 02:25 PM    Msg. 28 of 106       

well at least i'm not the only one who realizes a suppressor for an `53 caliber sniper rifle would be huge (masters, if you're seeing this, it must be fixed) even though it still wouldn't make the round silent.

Echo77

Posted: Oct 29, 2013 02:25 PM    Msg. 29 of 106       
The heavy machine gun seems to be coming together nicely, but the rear sight looks odd. Maybe you could replace it with a 2x scope, like on your submachine gun, or a leaf sight like on the M319 grenade launcher featured in Halo: Reach.

CMT has a good MA5K, but it fits in better with stock Halo assets. It doesn't really fit in with newer, graphically updated tags, which is why I've been hoping someone would make an updated version.

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Oct 29, 2013 08:44 PM    Msg. 30 of 106       
im liking the HMG a lot, but i would suggest putting the magazine on the other side of the gun (as most other LMGs i've seen do it.) It'll make reloading the weapon a lot easier as well as offering a secondary grip-point

renegade343

CE3 Stage Modeler, Editor, and Writer

Posted: Oct 29, 2013 09:14 PM    Msg. 31 of 106       
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
(You should put) the magazine on the other side of the gun (as most other LMGs i've seen do it.) It'll make reloading the weapon a lot easier as well as offering a secondary grip-point

You know, that made me curious (since I'm no gun expert at all... xP)...
I noticed that most guns (and nearly all guns in video games) are made for right-handed users.
(Now that you think of it, even Covenant weps seem right-hand-friendly too, judging by the positions of their battery meters)

Sorry to go off topic briefly, but are there left-handed guns out there? If not, how do lefties adjust to (or suffer by) using right-handed guns?

Echo77

Posted: Oct 29, 2013 10:29 PM    Msg. 32 of 106       
Quote: --- Original message by: renegade343
(You should put) the magazine on the other side of the gun (as most other LMGs i've seen do it.) It'll make reloading the weapon a lot easier as well as offering a secondary grip-point

I noticed that most guns (and nearly all guns in video games) are made for right-handed users.
(Now that you think of it, even Covenant weps seem right-hand-friendly too, judging by the positions of their battery meters)

Sorry to go off topic briefly, but are there left-handed guns out there? If not, how do lefties adjust to (or suffer by) using right-handed guns?

Some weapons are ambidextrous. Some weapons can be easily converted between right-handed and left-handed configurations. Many right-handed guns can be fired left-handed, although this might result in the ejected brass flying a bit closer to your face than you may be comfortable with.

renegade343

CE3 Stage Modeler, Editor, and Writer

Posted: Oct 29, 2013 11:50 PM    Msg. 33 of 106       
Quote: --- Original message by: renegade343

Some weapons are ambidextrous. Some weapons can be easily converted between right-handed and left-handed configurations. Many right-handed guns can be fired left-handed, although this might result in the ejected brass flying a bit closer to your face than you may be comfortable with.

Oh ok, thanks. But what about guns that are clearly right-handed and doesn't look like you can adjust it (i.e. -the Spartan Laser, Rocket Launcher etc)?

Echo77

Posted: Oct 30, 2013 12:36 AM    Msg. 34 of 106       
I'm fairly certain the Spartan Laser and rocket launchers could be fired from either shoulder.

SAS

Posted: Oct 30, 2013 09:53 AM    Msg. 35 of 106       
A few good examples of non-ambidextrous weapons in Halo would be the ar, br, and dmr (ejection port is at the back, and would send hot brass right at you). One example of an ambidextrous unsc weapon is the smg (firing caseless ammo, there is no ejection), or a modern-day example being the fs2000 (ejection port is at the front of the gun, despite being bullpup. Yeah, I still don't get it).

Edit: I think I am done with the MG's model, now for animating. Hopefully I don't do as poorly as previous attempts.
Edited by SAS on Oct 30, 2013 at 09:56 AM

Page 1 of 4 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu November 14, 2019 7:43 AM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website