A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »AI not moving after spawn

Author Topic: AI not moving after spawn (9 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Spirit

Posted: Nov 27, 2013 09:10 PM    Msg. 1 of 9       
So my AI encounter was working fine one moment, and they work fine in sapien, but when I compile the map and run it, they just sit there not moving. The grunts in the encounter even go to sleep. It's like they're simply bipeds with no AI. This is only on one encounter, the other 3 are working fine, and they all have the same parameters checked. This is frustrating, because they won't attack, won't move, and I can't even type in a command list for them to run.

Spirit

Posted: Nov 27, 2013 09:53 PM    Msg. 2 of 9       
Wow kid, wtf is your problem?

Spirit

Posted: Nov 28, 2013 12:44 AM    Msg. 3 of 9       
wow old account get banned already, kid? but of course you're gona keep making more. Just a sad, pathetic loser on the internet :/

sparky

Jesus is a friend to the vindictive sociopath

Posted: Nov 28, 2013 03:20 AM    Msg. 4 of 9       

Edited by sparky on Aug 20, 2015 at 03:38 PM

Spirit

Posted: Nov 28, 2013 11:22 AM    Msg. 5 of 9       
Quote: --- Original message by: sparky
Are you using anything fancy like OpenSauce? Or is your sauce default?

I turned off Open Sauce so I could use animation recorder, it was giving it problems. I'm just using the basics, nothing fancy yet. Turns out automatic migration got checked by itself (or I checked it myself and forgot), and had to uncheck it. Now I'm just trying to get them to run a 2nd command list after the first one ends and the 2nd BSP loads. It changes BSP while they're on a lift, and then they sit there. I'm gona try the lazy way and just teleport them off the lift and on to solid ground and see if they follow the commands. Just for reference, I'm using "move in direction of" to get them on the lift, and then to walk off, since I assume it makes them hold down the movement key without considering the environment.
Is there a way to make an AI encounter follow a recorded animation? Can each unit of the encounter/squad be converted to an object to run it? Or would it only work if it was a biped unit and then ai_attach?

sparky

Posted: Nov 28, 2013 06:18 PM    Msg. 6 of 9       

Spirit

Posted: Nov 28, 2013 09:47 PM    Msg. 7 of 9       
The AI from the 1st BSP won't follow the command list on the 2nd BSP once it loads. AI from the 2nd BSP run the command list just fine. I'm sure there's a way to get AI from one BSP to run commands in another, I just can't find anything that shows how. And some other AI are running command lists the way they please, and not going in order. I have a simple one that involves "go to" to get to a certain point, pause, then "targeted jump", but instead they begin the command list by doing the "targeted jump", sometimes they don't even go to the points I set.
Command lists are just being a general pain in the ass, and I can't find an alternative way to make the AI go to where they're supposed to, especially since it involves walking off ledges and on/off lifts.

EDIT: I found a way to get each individual unit of an encounter to run a recorded animation
recording_play (unit (list_get (ai_actors <encounter name>) <unit#>)) <animation name>
Now to record custom animations and test it out for real. If this works I'm gona be pretty damn happy.
Edited by Spirit on Nov 28, 2013 at 10:11 PM

sparky

Posted: Dec 5, 2013 08:27 PM    Msg. 8 of 9       

Ermac

Pops up from time to time

Posted: Dec 11, 2013 07:47 AM    Msg. 9 of 9       
Move those AI actors from the encounter they are in in the first BSP into an encounter in the 2nd BSP using the ai_migrate command, and teleport them to their new starting points.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed November 13, 2019 3:58 AM 375 ms.
A Halo Maps Website