A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »12D is still in development - Videos and updates here!

Page 1 of 3 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · Next
Author Topic: 12D is still in development - Videos and updates here! (86 messages, Page 1 of 3)
Moderators: Dennis

Not Inferno

Nigrish

Posted: Dec 4, 2013 04:49 PM    Msg. 1 of 86       
---- New -----
Physics improvements!
http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?25293-Sup-driggers-I-m-back-and-I-m-still-slaving-away.&p=651008&viewfull=1#post651008

Convex Hull Physics - Optimizations - Portent:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYBVqLSYJ7Q

---- Old -----

Hitscan projectile testing:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm-SRa9K8NE

Simple mod demonstration:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyqCP4KFgKM

Demonstrating physics in multiplayer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4KYf0oNaJ4

Demonstrating automatic mod downloading:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT_F3FdzCOo

Modacity thread:
http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?25293-Sup-driggers-I-m-back-and-I-m-still-slaving-away.

Sorry about the big gap in updates. Real life happened for a while but everything is back to normal now.
Edited by Not Inferno on Dec 4, 2013 at 04:49 PM
Edited by Not Inferno on Dec 5, 2013 at 02:08 AM
Edited by Not Inferno on Dec 10, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Edited by Not Inferno on Dec 14, 2013 at 02:11 AM
Edited by Not Inferno on Dec 14, 2013 at 02:11 AM
Edited by Not Inferno on Dec 20, 2013 at 04:13 AM
Edited by Not Inferno on Dec 20, 2013 at 04:13 AM

DOOM899

{DM} [gamesmaster] if i can ill help maybe

Posted: Dec 4, 2013 05:11 PM    Msg. 2 of 86       
that not halo ce no one will give a dam

Not Inferno

Nigrish

Posted: Dec 4, 2013 05:13 PM    Msg. 3 of 86       
But soon it will be Halo CE you silly man. :3

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Dec 4, 2013 06:04 PM    Msg. 4 of 86       
Oh good! I was actually wondering about this project yesterday, I thought that it had flared out like so many others... Thanks for not disappointing.

DOOM899

{DM} [gamesmaster] if i can ill help maybe

Posted: Dec 4, 2013 06:26 PM    Msg. 5 of 86       
Quote: --- Original message by: Not Inferno
But soon it will be Halo CE you silly man. :3

it can.t be and will not be halo ce and that that

Edited by DOOM899 on Dec 4, 2013 at 06:30 PM

Not Inferno

Nigrish

Posted: Dec 4, 2013 06:28 PM    Msg. 6 of 86       
Quote: --- Original message by: DOOM899
it can.t be it not halo ce and that that
and will not be
Edited by DOOM899 on Dec 4, 2013 at 06:27 PM

Is this guy a troll or something? I may be jumping to conclusions but that is some seriously hard to read English.

ViciousWhiskers

Give it a try.

Posted: Dec 4, 2013 07:22 PM    Msg. 7 of 86       
Glad to see this project still up and running. Can't wait for more progress.

TheChunkierBean

This Bean is Cooking!!

Posted: Dec 4, 2013 07:39 PM    Msg. 8 of 86       
That is.... pretty awesome. What did use for it and what scripting language is it written in?

Not Inferno

Nigrish

Posted: Dec 4, 2013 07:40 PM    Msg. 9 of 86       
Quote: --- Original message by: TheChunkierBean
That is.... pretty awesome. What did use for it and what scripting language is it written in?

It's a custom engine written in Java.
I use LWJGL, OpenGL, and Bullet3D.
Edited by Not Inferno on Dec 4, 2013 at 07:40 PM

TheChunkierBean

This Bean is Cooking!!

Posted: Dec 4, 2013 07:42 PM    Msg. 10 of 86       
Bullet 3D?!? Your serious man?!?! Cause I've been trying to write an engine with it and I've just gotten nowhere. Also, Java too?? Dude, you've got some talent.

Not Inferno

Nigrish

Posted: Dec 4, 2013 07:43 PM    Msg. 11 of 86       
Quote: --- Original message by: Lolman
are you fully replicating the halo engines physics, ai, etc? or are you gonna add a few things like, idk, ragdolls?

As of right now I only have plans to make an improved version of Halo CE multiplayer. Proper hit detection, proper physics, lag compensation, etc.

TheChunkierBean

This Bean is Cooking!!

Posted: Dec 4, 2013 07:52 PM    Msg. 12 of 86       
Wait a minute you know what this means right?

Campaign Co-Op!!!!!!

greg079

channeling my inner april fool

Posted: Dec 4, 2013 07:53 PM    Msg. 13 of 86       
same, i'd love to see dx11, parallax, tesselation, and normal map support on this too. (and about the mods, i'd recommend keeping it similar to halo1's setup, where all data for a map is compiled into a single file. but then allow users to swap ALMOST everything that isn't a tag, or a collision model. think NoSIndustries as an example, if i spelled that right, sry.) but i figure as long as this is an open source project, any idiot who understands java can add that stuff. this does still allow for runtimes, yes?

TheChunkierBean

This Bean is Cooking!!

Posted: Dec 4, 2013 08:00 PM    Msg. 14 of 86       
I would imagine it would be open-sourced. Also why not use the Havok Physics Library?
Edited by TheChunkierBean on Dec 4, 2013 at 08:10 PM

TailsTheGamer

Meow

Posted: Dec 4, 2013 08:13 PM    Msg. 15 of 86       
Wait a minute you know what this means right?

Campaign Co-Op!!!!!!

*looks at Kirby's latest YouTube video*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoMDCw6fFDA

TheChunkierBean

This Bean is Cooking!!

Posted: Dec 4, 2013 08:16 PM    Msg. 16 of 86       
I'm way too slow.

Not Inferno

Nigrish

Posted: Dec 4, 2013 08:41 PM    Msg. 17 of 86       
I'm using OpenGL 4.1 not Direct X. It's better.

Havok costs money, and I doubt you can get a Java port of it haha.

The implementation of mods within the engine can do the exact same things that halo mods do + more stuff.

TheChunkierBean

This Bean is Cooking!!

Posted: Dec 4, 2013 08:46 PM    Msg. 18 of 86       
ROFL should have realized The Havok SDL on their website was for C++! But I have to say, this is one of the most advanced Java FPS engines I've seen. How did you even get the models in?! 😆

Not Inferno

Nigrish

Posted: Dec 4, 2013 08:53 PM    Msg. 19 of 86       
ROFL should have realized The Havok SDL on their website was for C++! But I have to say, this is one of the most advanced Java FPS engines I've seen. How did you even get the models in?! 😆

I use the standard OBJ specification for importing regular models, for rigged/skinned models I use a custom format and an exporter I wrote called TBJ. Animations use a custom format and exporter called TAF.

TheChunkierBean

This Bean is Cooking!!

Posted: Dec 4, 2013 09:02 PM    Msg. 20 of 86       
Swag man! My friends and I are working on different types of ways on making games and we all assigned ourselfs different engines and laugauages. I'm think about Java but don't know if it will work out as an FPS engine. Is it easy to script? Does it take time to make or can one of my friends who knows a good bit of Java do it in a couple of days? Thanks for the help BTW.

ZOBI3KING

Look at me, I'm the captain now.

Posted: Dec 4, 2013 09:09 PM    Msg. 21 of 86       
Swag man! My friends and I are working on different types of ways on making games and we all assigned ourselfs different engines and laugauages. I'm think about Java but don't know if it will work out as an FPS engine. Is it easy to script? Does it take time to make or can one of my friends who knows a good bit of Java do it in a couple of days? Thanks for the help BTW.

Never say swag again or else I will hunt you down. Good to hear you're still developing this, I thought it died.

greg079

Posted: Dec 4, 2013 09:11 PM    Msg. 22 of 86       

java is fairly easy to learn, and java runtime scripts can create near limitless possibilities for any game, but it can be slow. also swag is for boys... class is for men!

The implementation of mods within the engine can do the exact same things that halo mods do + more stuff.

i prefer dx11's post effects, sorry but i like to have configurable eyecandy. (no but srsly can u add parallax support and normal map support at least, plz?)
so 12d no longer uses java, must've been a tough ground up rewrite to keep all of the features!
i get that your implementation is nice, but if users can edit things like tags or collisions, then u have to force all users to download any edits/modifications to the original file, for mp to work properly.
Edited by greg079 on Dec 4, 2013 at 09:16 PM

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Dec 4, 2013 09:27 PM    Msg. 23 of 86       

If you have no idea what your doing with programming, then yes, its going to be hard. If you have an understanding of object oriented programming than you can probably learn java pretty easily, but don't expect stellar results in a couple days I'd think.

I currently just got done with my first course of it at college, alot of just basic stuff, wasn't too difficult. I'm currently on my own time trying to learn C++ and OpenGL to eventually help out with ex-TM lead members super secret upcoming project but its no easy task by any means. Stuff like Infernos 12D has been in the works for over a year, if I am not mistaken.

On that note, it's look great so far Inferno. Whens the beta?

TheChunkierBean

This Bean is Cooking!!

Posted: Dec 4, 2013 09:28 PM    Msg. 24 of 86       
Sorry gentlemen I meant class
Edited by TheChunkierBean on Dec 4, 2013 at 09:29 PM

ViciousWhiskers

Give it a try.

Posted: Dec 4, 2013 09:53 PM    Msg. 25 of 86       
Quote: --- Original message by: greg079

java is fairly easy to learn, and java runtime scripts can create near limitless possibilities for any game, but it can be slow. also swag is for boys... class is for men!

i prefer dx11's post effects, sorry but i like to have configurable eyecandy. (no but srsly can u add parallax support and normal map support at least, plz?)
so 12d no longer uses java, must've been a tough ground up rewrite to keep all of the features!
i get that your implementation is nice, but if users can edit things like tags or collisions, then u have to force all users to download any edits/modifications to the original file, for mp to work properly.

Are you sure you know what he meant by OpenGL and Java?

It's a custom engine written in Java.
I use LWJGL, OpenGL, and Bullet3D.
Edited by Not Inferno on Dec 4, 2013 at 07:40 PM

Edited by ViciousWhiskers on Dec 4, 2013 at 09:53 PM

Not Inferno

Nigrish

Posted: Dec 4, 2013 10:50 PM    Msg. 26 of 86       
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
If you have no idea what your doing with programming, then yes, its going to be hard. If you have an understanding of object oriented programming than you can probably learn java pretty easily, but don't expect stellar results in a couple days I'd think.

I currently just got done with my first course of it at college, alot of just basic stuff, wasn't too difficult. I'm currently on my own time trying to learn C++ and OpenGL to eventually help out with ex-TM lead members super secret upcoming project but its no easy task by any means. Stuff like Infernos 12D has been in the works for over a year, if I am not mistaken.

On that note, it's look great so far Inferno. Whens the beta?

2 years actually. The project is 26,000 lines of code last time I checked.
As for a beta test, I'm going to need to do an actual multiplayer test (not a LAN test) for physics sync, interaction, and hit detection, sooner or later. Basically as soon as I resolve the few remaining physics problems. As for gameplay testing, it's a ways off. I have a big list of things that are FUBAR or ugly or slow that I'm going through. A good game is built on a good engine, there is no reason to even touch "gameplay" until the engine is rock solid in every aspect.

Post processing is already built in and you can do whatever you want with it. I did a bad bloom shader mod at once point to test it.

Still using java.

The server will automatically distribute mods to the players when they join.

Edited by Not Inferno on Dec 4, 2013 at 10:54 PM

greg079

Posted: Dec 4, 2013 11:17 PM    Msg. 27 of 86       

Post processing is already built in and you can do whatever you want with it. I did a bad bloom shader mod at once point to test it.

Still using java.

The server will automatically distribute mods to the players when they join.

Edited by Not Inferno on Dec 4, 2013 at 10:54 PM

ok, sorry 'bout that, it's late here and i didn't quite get what u meant at first, i understand now. thanks for clarifying, and good luck with 12D.

Not Inferno

Nigrish

Posted: Dec 5, 2013 02:07 AM    Msg. 28 of 86       
Just finished some work for the day, mods now work. Quick video demonstration:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyqCP4KFgKM

TheChunkierBean

This Bean is Cooking!!

Posted: Dec 5, 2013 05:34 PM    Msg. 29 of 86       
Nice!

ViciousWhiskers

Give it a try.

Posted: Dec 6, 2013 12:36 AM    Msg. 30 of 86       
A question, are you going to open-source the engine (if it has not been already answered before)?
I would love to use a Java based engine to make some random games and other stuff for fun. Java lessons from school could then be put to use for me. Still trying to learn OGRE and C++; still pretty complicated for me right now :(.

Not Inferno

Nigrish

Posted: Dec 6, 2013 02:14 AM    Msg. 31 of 86       
Shouldn't you be playing SAO or something?

Jokes aside, yes, the engine will be open source. I need to hire a lawyer at some point to write a terms of use though.
Edited by Not Inferno on Dec 6, 2013 at 02:14 AM

sargejohnson

Shall we play a game?

Posted: Dec 6, 2013 03:58 AM    Msg. 32 of 86       

Shouldn't you be playing SAO or something?

Jokes aside, yes, the engine will be open source. I need to hire a lawyer at some point to write a terms of use though.
Edited by Not Inferno on Dec 6, 2013 at 02:14 AM

You could try the GNU GPL, or some of its other variants like the LGPL. No expert in law though.

Not Inferno

Nigrish

Posted: Dec 10, 2013 10:55 PM    Msg. 33 of 86       
I did some work today. Got hitscan collision detection working so now I can have bullets. Here's a test video I made:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYBVqLSYJ7Q
BTW someone post after me. I'd like to keep all the updates in this thread but I can't self bump haha.
Edited by Not Inferno on Dec 10, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Edited by Not Inferno on Dec 14, 2013 at 08:57 PM

Banshee64

oify

Posted: Dec 10, 2013 11:31 PM    Msg. 34 of 86       
not going to work

Not Inferno

Nigrish

Posted: Dec 11, 2013 03:57 AM    Msg. 35 of 86       
Quote: --- Original message by: Banshee64
not going to work

Context is important.

It fell off! It went there! It was cold!

Page 1 of 3 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed October 16, 2019 2:35 PM 297 ms.
A Halo Maps Website