A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Bigass Public Beta

Page 5 of 45 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · [5] · 6 · 7 · 8 · ... · 45 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: Bigass Public Beta (1559 messages, Page 5 of 45)
Moderators: Dennis

altis94

Join my Discord https://discord.gg/GDVEaRD

Posted: Dec 28, 2013 06:46 PM    Msg. 141 of 1559       
Quote: --- Original message by: Hammad
Why have I been banned from the server? I didn't do anything stupid....

What is your name in Halo?

Also I will release a new version very soon.
Edited by altis94 on Dec 28, 2013 at 06:48 PM

rcghalohell

I can jump?Weeeee (pop!) (No1 heard from it again)

Posted: Dec 28, 2013 06:59 PM    Msg. 142 of 1559       
Quote: --- Original message by: altis94

Quote: --- Original message by: Hammad
Why have I been banned from the server? I didn't do anything stupid....

What is your name in Halo?

Also I will release a new version very soon.
Edited by altis94 on Dec 28, 2013 at 06:48 PM

altis, what is the server name? and maplist if it is more than just this map?

altis94

Posted: Dec 28, 2013 07:07 PM    Msg. 143 of 1559       
Name:
{XG}Bigass Public Beta Release
Connection Info: 46.249.47.12:2590

There also is HMU server (which is in USA as far as I know) if you get high ping in mine.

Look what i found http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/129285026-4.jpg
It has begun.

reach-bigassv2,071248456654_(odst){h5}.
Edited by altis94 on Dec 28, 2013 at 07:46 PM

bobbysoon

Posted: Dec 28, 2013 08:03 PM    Msg. 144 of 1559       
Hah! That's me, 'Arioch'. Accidently opened a public server i guess. I'm testing tweaks with Falcon physics.
I posted a link a page back of a physics tag for you to try out, guess you missed it under the banterfest.
falcon_bs.zip
Still tweaking it. Trying to get it to rise and fall faster, and be generally more maneuverable.
What yous think about having it's weapons controlled by a seperate gunner seat?
Edited by bobbysoon on Dec 28, 2013 at 08:06 PM

altis94

Posted: Dec 28, 2013 08:34 PM    Msg. 145 of 1559       
Quote: --- Original message by: bobbysoon

Hah! That's me, 'Arioch'. Accidently opened a public server i guess. I'm testing tweaks with Falcon physics.
I posted a link a page back of a physics tag for you to try out, guess you missed it under the banterfest.
falcon_bs.zip
Still tweaking it. Trying to get it to rise and fall faster, and be generally more maneuverable.
What yous think about having it's weapons controlled by a seperate gunner seat?
Edited by bobbysoon on Dec 28, 2013 at 08:06 PM

I didn't miss it. Actually, I was going to include it in new version and see what people think about it. I don't reallt like how it keeps aiming up and up until you are flying at 90 degree angle... And for gunner seat, I think it might be a good idea if there were no rockets because they just shoot forward and that might cause some problems if gunner is aiming somewhere else. Anyway, if you make physics better, upload it as soon as you can.
Edited by altis94 on Dec 28, 2013 at 08:35 PM

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Dec 28, 2013 08:43 PM    Msg. 146 of 1559       
A gunner's seat for the Falcon sounds like a good idea, but I don't know where you could put it unless you gave it a two-man cockpit or moved the turret to one of the sides. If you get rid of the rockets, perhaps you could replace the chaingun with an autocannon: fully-automatic, but with a relatively low rate of fire and explosive shells. That'd give it decent offensive capabilities against both vehicles and infantry, but without being overwhelmingly effective against either.

bobbysoon

Posted: Dec 28, 2013 08:55 PM    Msg. 147 of 1559       
Anims could be tweaked for the rockets. I'll mess with anims anyway to see if setting masspoint->node actually makes a difference.

Conversely, to the gunner thing, if it were an unarmed Falcon, maybe strafing could be achieved with primary and secondary fire animations. Then the Falcon would be a rapid troop deploy vehicle.

altis94

Posted: Dec 28, 2013 10:17 PM    Msg. 148 of 1559       
After messing with forklift physics I can tell that physics can't be animated.

bobbysoon

Posted: Dec 28, 2013 10:24 PM    Msg. 149 of 1559       
I came to the same conclusion with the Scarab, but thought I'd give it another shot. Masspoint position didn't move with the animation, but maybe parallel/perpendicular frictions will rotate. That's how the hog steers, right?
I think I recall maybe observing some physics animation when I was messing with the cg turret. You're most likely right though. But if not, with rotor's being path of least resistance, that might be optimal.

Quote: --- Original message by: altis94I don't really like how it keeps aiming up and up until you are flying at 90 degree angle...

Try setting pilot's seat's pitch auto-level to zero. Actually maybe between -5 and -15.
Edited by bobbysoon on Dec 29, 2013 at 03:37 AM

Oskarmandude

Bosnia

Posted: Dec 29, 2013 08:09 AM    Msg. 150 of 1559       
Deleting secret room because people found out about it?
Oh you poor child you must be scarred.

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Dec 29, 2013 09:06 AM    Msg. 151 of 1559       
Cool map from what I got to play with you, glad to see this is out there now for everyone!

altis94

Posted: Dec 29, 2013 03:36 PM    Msg. 152 of 1559       
NEW VERSION
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/xax0fhdvzop6lkd/bigassv2%2C072.rar

Changes:
*Scorpion is now destroyable. Not sure how well it will work online tho;
*Added player clip around the map;
*Spartan laser is now OP again;
*Spade is faster;
*I used bobbysoon's physics for Falcon to see what others think about it;
*Elevator has new animation which should reduce lag for players with bad ping;
*Initial weapon changed to MA5K

I did some small changes that are not worth mentioning and I tried some things that failed (like trip mine not hurting owner). I still can't believe how popular this map is... there are 16 people everyday in my server.
Edited by altis94 on Dec 29, 2013 at 03:43 PM
Edited by altis94 on Dec 29, 2013 at 03:52 PM

Mike Cyborg

YOU!

Posted: Dec 29, 2013 04:21 PM    Msg. 153 of 1559       
More sniper spawns please.
Edited by Mike Cyborg on Dec 29, 2013 at 05:22 PM

gruntfromhalo

actual loli

Posted: Dec 29, 2013 05:01 PM    Msg. 154 of 1559       
Spade is so much better thank you

Elevator still looks glitchy sometimes, haha, but it doesn't really make a difference, so I'd call it good enough.

You could add a bunch of extra snipers in the armory and leave the spawn weapon the MA5K. Or make it something between the two.
Edited by gruntfromhalo on Dec 29, 2013 at 05:02 PM

altis94

Posted: Dec 29, 2013 05:27 PM    Msg. 155 of 1559       
Well there are some issues with scorpion but I guess it's good enough FOR NOW. Now everyone complains about initial weapon... I can't please everyone's wishes. Some people want one weapon, some want another. For the barrier, I will probably leave it as it is right now because my scripts lag the server for some reason.
Edited by altis94 on Dec 29, 2013 at 05:28 PM

bourrin33

HEK not installed tho

Posted: Dec 29, 2013 07:31 PM    Msg. 156 of 1559       
Everyone complains because you rushed in taking the ma5k as polyvalent weapon, but the problem is that it doesn't have a zoom powerful enough and the pistol haves zoom but is not as efficient as the MA5K at it's max range...

I think it could be fine if the ma5k had a 4-6x zoom.
and it's initial fire rate is a bit too slow I think

NumNum

Posted: Dec 29, 2013 08:38 PM    Msg. 157 of 1559       
Hey guys I'm having a bit of trouble with the map file: One of my clan members downloaded it the way that is suggested above, and I did the same, we're both running Windows XP (don't judge me lol) and obviously both put it into the 'maps' folder, just like i have done with all my other downloaded maps. Problem is, all my other maps finish in '.map' example: hugeass.map whereas Bigass is in .rar . i didn't think this was a problem so I direct connected to the IP my clan member gave me of the bigass server he was on, and it said an error has occured loading a map file. So I went to my maps folder and changed the .rar to .map, making into a MAP file. I went to start halo and a notice came up saying: One of the Halo files is corrupted: bigassv2,071.

Is there a simple solution and I'm just being uber-noob?

RainyMonday

Excuse me, ladies.

Posted: Dec 29, 2013 08:43 PM    Msg. 158 of 1559       
Uber-noob lol. Download Winrar (http://download.cnet.com/WinRAR-32-bit/3000-2250_4-10007677.html) and then just click on the file. When the box open up, hit button that says 'extract to' and extract to the maps folder

NumNum

Posted: Dec 29, 2013 08:46 PM    Msg. 159 of 1559       
yeah I have been doing that but I think my demo of Winrar just ended (coincidence? I think not #illuminati). Meh ok thanks mate!

:D

Oskarmandude

Bosnia

Posted: Dec 29, 2013 08:46 PM    Msg. 160 of 1559       

NumNum

Posted: Dec 29, 2013 08:49 PM    Msg. 161 of 1559       
It worked

I don't know who you are, but I will find you... and hug you.

Bungie LLC

friendly neighborhood contrarian funposter

Posted: Dec 29, 2013 10:01 PM    Msg. 162 of 1559       
>tfw unbanned

Thank you, Dennis.

Anyways, on to the subject of Bigass, there are several things I would like to note;

• According to Halo canon, the MA5K is "a cut-down, carbine variant with a 30 round magazine size, used almost exclusively during Special Forces operations," and according to Halopeida.org (the best source of information in comparison to other Halo wikia sites), supposedly fires at approximately 500 RPM (Rounds-Per-Minute), and supposedly uses the same ammunition type as the other standard MA5 rifles, the M118 Full Metal Jacket Armor-Piercing, which is a 7.62x51mm rifle cartridge. For sake of realism, and considering the size of this large caliber bullet, I suggest that you make both the MA5K and assault rifle headshot weapons by changing the weapon, or projectile damage effects, because by default, the flag for "causes headshots" is unchecked for the stock assault rifle projectile damage effect. That way, after a spartan's shields are brought down, they will be susceptible to headshots from the M118 FMJ AP 7.62x51mm.

• The current version of OpenSauce does not fix the map polygon issues. Only HAC2 seems to fix this.

• The gauss sniper. I don't know where to begin with suggestions for this thing, but I suppose I'll start by explaining it's true canonical operation in detail, since it obviously does not work in that manner. The M99 Special Application Scoped Rifle (SASR), also known as the Stanchion, M99 Stanchion Gauss rifle, or just Gauss Rifle, was a UNSC anti-matériel rifle. It fired a 5.4mm/.21 caliber round, which was most likely composed of a ferric-tungsten compound since it is propelled by the method of linear induction, as with other standard MAC-type rounds, and was propelled with a muzzle velocity of 15,000 meters per-second (mps), and supposedly had a muzzle energy of 30,575 Joules, which means it was moving VERY fast when it exited the barrel, and had an effective killing range of 4.5 kilometers (which means it really wouldn't have any kind of bullet drop that is present in the current build, if at all). Canonically, the magazine capacity of the M99 was 10 rounds, but since you are using ImBrokeRU's model, you can just keep it at 4 rounds, and have a reserve of 8. Also, there should definitely be a charging mechanism on the gauss like the one that is featured in the novel Halo: Contact Harvest, plus, Broke added a charging meter to his gauss rifle because he originally intended for it to be used on the rifle, so implementing the charging shouldn't be that hard.

• The FP hands. I mentioned this problem earlier to you while you were in the server, where I told you that the model was far too big for it's rig, and I was right; if you take a look at the reload animation with the gauss sniper with the current reach FP rig, you'll see that certain parts of the model clip through the gun itself, like the magazine compartment and such. If possible, I would very much like to see this fixed by perhaps utilizing a different FP rig, or another FP model; one that isn't oversized for it's own rig, however.

That's all I've got for now. I may update this post later.

UPDATE:

• Nerf the tank's damage vitality in the collision file. It is far too hard to destroy.

Edited by Bungie LLC on Dec 30, 2013 at 05:02 AM

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Dec 29, 2013 10:34 PM    Msg. 163 of 1559       
"BUNGIE?!?! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!?!"

lol jk anyways i agree with all of that.

ChieftainSnipe

Flyin' High

Posted: Dec 29, 2013 11:41 PM    Msg. 164 of 1559       
I was banned from your server for no reason at all.

altis94

Posted: Dec 30, 2013 12:16 AM    Msg. 165 of 1559       
Quote: --- Original message by: ChieftainSnipe

Stop using same CD-Keys people :I I should start using IP bans.

Link

Link here come to town!

Posted: Dec 30, 2013 01:46 AM    Msg. 166 of 1559       
Quote: --- Original message by: ChieftainSnipe

Were you one of those [CHP] clan people by any chance? I remember seeing a [CHP]Chief in the server. Those latinos from [CHP] were trolling so hard by blocking the weaponry room. Thank you Altis for banning them. <3

P.S: I was LUNK!! :D

ChieftainSnipe

Flyin' High

Posted: Dec 30, 2013 02:01 AM    Msg. 167 of 1559       
I wasn't one of these people. And I'm not a latino, just an Aussie.

Bungie LLC

friendly neighborhood contrarian funposter

Posted: Dec 30, 2013 04:58 AM    Msg. 168 of 1559       
I know you were team killing. You did it several times to the Blue team while I was in the game, me included.

bourrin33

HEK not installed tho

Posted: Dec 30, 2013 06:36 AM    Msg. 169 of 1559       
Quote: --- Original message by: Bungie LLC

>tfw unbanned

Thank you, Dennis.

Anyways, on to the subject of Bigass, there are several things I would like to note;

• According to Halo canon, the MA5K is "a cut-down, carbine variant with a 30 round magazine size, used almost exclusively during Special Forces operations," and according to Halopeida.org (the best source of information in comparison to other Halo wikia sites), supposedly fires at approximately 500 RPM (Rounds-Per-Minute), and supposedly uses the same ammunition type as the other standard MA5 rifles, the M118 Full Metal Jacket Armor-Piercing, which is a 7.62x51mm rifle cartridge. For sake of realism, and considering the size of this large caliber bullet, I suggest that you make both the MA5K and assault rifle headshot weapons by changing the weapon, or projectile damage effects, because by default, the flag for "causes headshots" is unchecked for the stock assault rifle projectile damage effect. That way, after a spartan's shields are brought down, they will be susceptible to headshots from the M118 FMJ AP 7.62x51mm.

• The current version of OpenSauce does not fix the map polygon issues. Only HAC2 seems to fix this.

• The gauss sniper. I don't know where to begin with suggestions for this thing, but I suppose I'll start by explaining it's true canonical operation in detail, since it obviously does not work in that manner. The M99 Special Application Scoped Rifle (SASR), also known as the Stanchion, M99 Stanchion Gauss rifle, or just Gauss Rifle, was a UNSC anti-matériel rifle. It fired a 5.4mm/.21 caliber round, which was most likely composed of a ferric-tungsten compound since it is propelled by the method of linear induction, as with other standard MAC-type rounds, and was propelled with a muzzle velocity of 15,000 meters per-second (mps), and supposedly had a muzzle energy of 30,575 Joules, which means it was moving VERY fast when it exited the barrel, and had an effective killing range of 4.5 kilometers (which means it really wouldn't have any kind of bullet drop that is present in the current build, if at all). Canonically, the magazine capacity of the M99 was 10 rounds, but since you are using ImBrokeRU's model, you can just keep it at 4 rounds, and have a reserve of 8. Also, there should definitely be a charging mechanism on the gauss like the one that is featured in the novel Halo: Contact Harvest, plus, Broke added a charging meter to his gauss rifle because he originally intended for it to be used on the rifle, so implementing the charging shouldn't be that hard.

• The FP hands. I mentioned this problem earlier to you while you were in the server, where I told you that the model was far too big for it's rig, and I was right; if you take a look at the reload animation with the gauss sniper with the current reach FP rig, you'll see that certain parts of the model clip through the gun itself, like the magazine compartment and such. If possible, I would very much like to see this fixed by perhaps utilizing a different FP rig, or another FP model; one that isn't oversized for it's own rig, however.

That's all I've got for now. I may update this post later.

UPDATE:

• Nerf the tank's damage vitality in the collision file. It is far too hard to destroy.

Edited by Bungie LLC on Dec 30, 2013 at 05:02 AM

TL;DR fanboy, but the words you used made you sound clever.

Cheddars

Rave to the Grave.

Posted: Dec 30, 2013 06:39 AM    Msg. 170 of 1559       
Quote: --- Original message by: NumNum
Hey guys I'm having a bit of trouble with the map file: One of my clan members downloaded it the way that is suggested above, and I did the same, we're both running Windows XP (don't judge me lol) and obviously both put it into the 'maps' folder, just like i have done with all my other downloaded maps. Problem is, all my other maps finish in '.map' example: hugeass.map whereas Bigass is in .rar . i didn't think this was a problem so I direct connected to the IP my clan member gave me of the bigass server he was on, and it said an error has occured loading a map file. So I went to my maps folder and changed the .rar to .map, making into a MAP file. I went to start halo and a notice came up saying: One of the Halo files is corrupted: bigassv2,071.

Pls sir I'm having this issue too

ChieftainSnipe

Flyin' High

Posted: Dec 30, 2013 06:54 AM    Msg. 171 of 1559       
When I got a sudden lag which caused my ping to rise, I had to quit. But later, when I try to join, I was banned. Probably because of a server glitch.

4RBiT3R

You won't see me coming

Posted: Dec 30, 2013 08:06 AM    Msg. 172 of 1559       
this map need a DMR and the tank needs to be a bit more accurate like in halo 2

BlitzOfSBB

Posted: Dec 30, 2013 09:36 AM    Msg. 173 of 1559       
Quote: --- Original message by: NumNum

You need to open with .rar with WinRar or 7zip and extract bigassv2,072.map to your maps folder.
Edited by ToxicFantom on Dec 30, 2013 at 09:36 AM

Horeb

bananakid

Posted: Dec 30, 2013 12:29 PM    Msg. 174 of 1559       
Latino mapper's waiting for the final vertion to rip....
The Map need's the Revenant.
and some covenant weapons.

altis94

Posted: Dec 30, 2013 12:36 PM    Msg. 175 of 1559       
Quote: --- Original message by: Horeb
Latino mapper's waiting for the final vertion to rip....
The Map need's the Revenant.
and some covenant weapons.

Please read FAQ.

Page 5 of 45 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · [5] · 6 · 7 · 8 · ... · 45 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed February 26, 2020 9:17 PM 1,515 ms.
A Halo Maps Website