A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Bigass Public Beta

Page 6 of 45 Go to page: · 1 · ... · 3 · 4 · 5 · [6] · 7 · 8 · 9 · ... · 45 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: Bigass Public Beta (1557 messages, Page 6 of 45)
Moderators: Dennis

LoneWolf

YARHHHGGHGG

Posted: Dec 30, 2013 01:40 PM    Msg. 176 of 1557       
Quote: --- Original message by: Bungie LLC

>tfw unbanned

Thank you, Dennis.

Anyways, on to the subject of Bigass, there are several things I would like to note;

• According to Halo canon, the MA5K is "a cut-down, carbine variant with a 30 round magazine size, used almost exclusively during Special Forces operations," and according to Halopeida.org (the best source of information in comparison to other Halo wikia sites), supposedly fires at approximately 500 RPM (Rounds-Per-Minute), and supposedly uses the same ammunition type as the other standard MA5 rifles, the M118 Full Metal Jacket Armor-Piercing, which is a 7.62x51mm rifle cartridge. For sake of realism, and considering the size of this large caliber bullet, I suggest that you make both the MA5K and assault rifle headshot weapons by changing the weapon, or projectile damage effects, because by default, the flag for "causes headshots" is unchecked for the stock assault rifle projectile damage effect. That way, after a spartan's shields are brought down, they will be susceptible to headshots from the M118 FMJ AP 7.62x51mm.

• The current version of OpenSauce does not fix the map polygon issues. Only HAC2 seems to fix this.

• The gauss sniper. I don't know where to begin with suggestions for this thing, but I suppose I'll start by explaining it's true canonical operation in detail, since it obviously does not work in that manner. The M99 Special Application Scoped Rifle (SASR), also known as the Stanchion, M99 Stanchion Gauss rifle, or just Gauss Rifle, was a UNSC anti-matériel rifle. It fired a 5.4mm/.21 caliber round, which was most likely composed of a ferric-tungsten compound since it is propelled by the method of linear induction, as with other standard MAC-type rounds, and was propelled with a muzzle velocity of 15,000 meters per-second (mps), and supposedly had a muzzle energy of 30,575 Joules, which means it was moving VERY fast when it exited the barrel, and had an effective killing range of 4.5 kilometers (which means it really wouldn't have any kind of bullet drop that is present in the current build, if at all). Canonically, the magazine capacity of the M99 was 10 rounds, but since you are using ImBrokeRU's model, you can just keep it at 4 rounds, and have a reserve of 8. Also, there should definitely be a charging mechanism on the gauss like the one that is featured in the novel Halo: Contact Harvest, plus, Broke added a charging meter to his gauss rifle because he originally intended for it to be used on the rifle, so implementing the charging shouldn't be that hard.

• The FP hands. I mentioned this problem earlier to you while you were in the server, where I told you that the model was far too big for it's rig, and I was right; if you take a look at the reload animation with the gauss sniper with the current reach FP rig, you'll see that certain parts of the model clip through the gun itself, like the magazine compartment and such. If possible, I would very much like to see this fixed by perhaps utilizing a different FP rig, or another FP model; one that isn't oversized for it's own rig, however.

That's all I've got for now. I may update this post later.

UPDATE:

• Nerf the tank's damage vitality in the collision file. It is far too hard to destroy.

Edited by Bungie LLC on Dec 30, 2013 at 05:02 AM

Okay, those facts are good to know.
But if you hadn't noticed, this map is just using custom built weapons, not based off real ones (Okay, AR and stuff)

the Gauss rifle doesn't have to be based off the Stanchion. Altis built it that way cause he wanted it to be (honestly, I have a similar version that instead fires explosive rounds)

And this is a GAME. Not everything has to be realistic. Okay, the MA5K isn't the same as the one Halopedia describes. Who cares. It's an MA5K, but it could be slightly different. There could be a lot of variations of the same gun with different functions, or different firing rates or such.

WWLinkMasterX

subliminal message.

Posted: Dec 30, 2013 04:02 PM    Msg. 177 of 1557       
I was testing out the falcon physics a few days ago and my biggest complaint is that even if you align yourself perfectly horizontally, when you throttle forward you go down at about a 20 degree angle. Is there any way to fix this?

The biggest problem with this is that in order to go perfectly forward, you have to shift your field of view upward into the sky, which is stupid because all the action occurs on the ground below you. Even if the angular issue can't be perfectly aligned, it would still be better to have that same 20 degree offset in the opposite direction (above the horizontal rather than below).
Edited by WWLinkMasterX on Dec 30, 2013 at 04:07 PM

Kal825B

Last son of Krypt... Oh wait, i'm a clone.

Posted: Dec 30, 2013 04:18 PM    Msg. 178 of 1557       
Quote: --- Original message by: WWLinkMasterX

I was testing out the falcon physics a few days ago and my biggest complaint is that even if you align yourself perfectly horizontally, when you throttle forward you go down at about a 20 degree angle. Is there any way to fix this?

The biggest problem with this is that in order to go perfectly forward, you have to shift your field of view upward into the sky, which is stupid because all the action occurs on the ground below you. Even if the angular issue can't be perfectly aligned, it would still be better to have that same 20 degree offset in the opposite direction (above the horizontal rather than below).
Edited by WWLinkMasterX on Dec 30, 2013 at 04:07 PM

I call that good ole Halo 1 pelican physics. Before Altis tweaked the falcon physics, it operated just like the pelican.
Edited by Kal825B on Dec 30, 2013 at 04:20 PM

Kal825B

Last son of Krypt... Oh wait, i'm a clone.

Posted: Dec 30, 2013 04:54 PM    Msg. 179 of 1557       
Its fixed, the newer falcon physics are in the newer version of his map. Its much better now.

altis94

Join my Discord https://discord.gg/GDVEaRD

Posted: Dec 30, 2013 05:21 PM    Msg. 180 of 1557       
I said that I just wanted to see what other people think about new physics, I didn't make them. And I heard that there was a fake altis in the server? Am I so popular now? Also server already banned 10 aimbotters since release...

ChieftainSnipe

Flyin' High

Posted: Dec 30, 2013 07:09 PM    Msg. 181 of 1557       
Bump. aLTis94, I was banned from your server, so I'm requesting to be unbanned.

There was lag which caused my ping to rise and I had to quit the server. When I got back on Halo later, as of now, I'm still banned. I probably think that I was mistakenly banned while I was not playing Halo when there was another guy containing 'Chief'.

xnx

h2 marine anims or i detonate the vest

Posted: Dec 30, 2013 08:14 PM    Msg. 182 of 1557       
Why nerf the tank even more?! It's a heavily armored combat vehicle; it's supposed to be hard to destroy. If you pepper the driver with the ma5k or sniper rifle, of course you're not going to do much damage. If it's so OP just slow down the turn rate of the cannon (not ROF). Also since the map is so big and the projectiles have no contrail the thing is already hard enough to aim correctly at extreme ranges.

MatthewDratt

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com

Posted: Dec 30, 2013 08:47 PM    Msg. 183 of 1557       

Bungie LLC

friendly neighborhood contrarian funposter

Posted: Dec 30, 2013 08:53 PM    Msg. 184 of 1557       
Quote: --- Original message by: bourrin33
TL;DR fanboy, but the words you used made you sound clever.

>literally baiting me this hard
>literally posting 'fanboy' when you're on a forum about custom halo maps for PC (A SITE HOSTED BY A GUY NAMED DENNIS)

mmm mmm,

what's that smell

i smell some sperg burgers on the grill ;^)
Edited by Bungie LLC on Dec 30, 2013 at 09:05 PM

Invader Veex

i make poast

Posted: Dec 30, 2013 08:56 PM    Msg. 185 of 1557       
Quote: --- Original message by: ChieftainSnipe

There was lag which caused my ping to rise and I had to quit the server. When I got back on Halo later, as of now, I'm still banned. I probably think that I was mistakenly banned while I was not playing Halo when there was another guy containing 'Chief'.

Did you buy Halo and use the CD key from that?

Bungie LLC

friendly neighborhood contrarian funposter

Posted: Dec 30, 2013 09:12 PM    Msg. 186 of 1557       
Quote: --- Original message by: LoneWolf

Okay, those facts are good to know.
But if you hadn't noticed, this map is just using custom built weapons, not based off real ones (Okay, AR and stuff)

the Gauss rifle doesn't have to be based off the Stanchion. Altis built it that way cause he wanted it to be (honestly, I have a similar version that instead fires explosive rounds)

And this is a GAME. Not everything has to be realistic. Okay, the MA5K isn't the same as the one Halopedia describes. Who cares. It's an MA5K, but it could be slightly different. There could be a lot of variations of the same gun with different functions, or different firing rates or such.

are... are you retarded?

Yes, the map is using custom built weapons. If you design a gauss rifle based on the Stanchion, that would be considered a custom weapon. The statement about custom weapons doesn't even make any sense, considering that's not even relevant to my original post.

Secondly, no, the gauss rifle DOESN'T have to operate just like the Stanchion, but yes, in order for it to be a balanced weapon, I believe it does need to be changed in some way, because as is, it's literally over-powered.

Thirdly, yeah, it's a game, but it's all good and fun to have a bit of realism in the game scenario. I KNOW the MA5K isn't the same as the wikia describes, but I was stating my OPINION on how I think it should work. Yes, the MA5K is a highly customizable carbine, so yeah, there could be different configurations, but I was merely making a suggestion.

ChieftainSnipe

Flyin' High

Posted: Dec 30, 2013 09:26 PM    Msg. 187 of 1557       
Quote: --- Original message by: Invader Veex
Quote: --- Original message by: ChieftainSnipe

Did you buy Halo and use the CD key from that?

Looks like I'll have to wait until the banlist is cleared.

Horeb

bananakid

Posted: Dec 30, 2013 10:16 PM    Msg. 188 of 1557       
a really god map

4RBiT3R

You won't see me coming

Posted: Dec 30, 2013 10:58 PM    Msg. 189 of 1557       
More accurate tank like in halo 2
make the gauss sniper spawn with full ammo
Edited by 4RBiT3R on Dec 31, 2013 at 03:26 AM

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Dec 31, 2013 03:38 PM    Msg. 190 of 1557       
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Bring back the snipers

https://www.change.org/petitions/altis-bring-back-the-snipers-as-a-starting-weapon

I don't see how not starting with a sniper can slow the gameplay down significantly. As long as there's a sniper rifle or two in the armory or scattered throughout the map where people who want them can get to them, I think it'll be alright.

Giving everyone sniper rifles right off the bat on a map this big makes the other weapons almost pointless, because nothing else available in the armory can engage the enemy from a kilometer out.

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Dec 31, 2013 03:45 PM    Msg. 191 of 1557       
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Bring back the snipers

https://www.change.org/petitions/altis-bring-back-the-snipers-as-a-starting-weapon

you made a petition? Wow. You love this game.

MatthewDratt

Posted: Dec 31, 2013 05:16 PM    Msg. 192 of 1557       
The petition wasn't serious guys...

guyzzz

ChieftainSnipe

Flyin' High

Posted: Dec 31, 2013 07:57 PM    Msg. 193 of 1557       
(1) Enter what name you were playing when you got banned, kicked, or textbanned: ChiefTSnipe

(2) Other Halo names: BrokArthritis

(3) What are you posting this for? I got banned

(4) xFire Username: 513rra117

(5) Server you were banned or kicked from?: (XG)aLTis' Bigass Public Beta

(6) Date (or approx) of when you were banned/kicked: From 29/12/13 until now

(8) What were you doing moments before you got banned or kicked? Do you think you know why an admin used their powers? I wasn't playing, I was just banned by mistaken Identity and I'm not in any clans. But I was able to join the game but because of the lag, I had to rage quit, but when I rejoined from the 29/12/13, I was banned. Bigass is now unplayable due to lag bans.

(9) Do you have any other comments? I love bigass I want bigass titties
Edited by ChieftainSnipe on Dec 31, 2013 at 07:58 PM

Oskarmandude

Bosnia

Posted: Dec 31, 2013 10:29 PM    Msg. 194 of 1557       
Quote: --- Original message by: Horeb
a really god map

Not only is this map of high quality, but it is also Jesus.

Ralph_Nader

Posted: Jan 1, 2014 11:08 AM    Msg. 195 of 1557       
I Really Like the New Falcon! Great Job on Flight Characteristics!

2. Change Requests for Future Releases

1. Go Back to the 2071 Map Size. It was a Beautiful Thing to have so much Room, if You could Add the Blade Protection for the Falcon when it Bounces off the Wall like 2072? That Would Be Great!

2. Just a Coordinate Correction on the Field Glasses that Spawn the Weapons Drop. Swap North and South Poles so that the Compass on the Field Glasses is correct with North/South Ease/West.
Not that Important but Something I Noticed.

Also, Botting Seems the Norm rather than the Exception. Pervasive and Arrogant Admissions of Use. If they are going to Allow Aimbots they Should Be Supplied to All Players. I Know People say they Have Aimbot Protection Enabled, but People have Been Defeating that Feature in Halo for Sometime.

Most of the Botters are the Ones that complain About Camping, but if you look at the Field, Everybody on the Map that is not Racing the the Enemy's Flag are Stationary including Snipers and Gauss Hogs and Tanks Parked above Bases. When Teams of Aimbotters Participate, the Slaughter makes Normal Game Play impossible. When I Bitched about the Use of Aimbots, they had All Team Members Switch to the Blue Team in a 6 to 1 battle with Myself. I Still achieved the 3rd Ranking.

These People are So Petty they Even Team Switched to Kill My Player, as if Botting weren't Enough.

Take Care.

Ralph_Nader

P.S. The U.S. Military should be Contacting Your Team for Helicopter and Combat Operations Training Simulation.

rcghalohell

I can jump?Weeeee (pop!) (No1 heard from it again)

Posted: Jan 1, 2014 01:43 PM    Msg. 196 of 1557       
Quote: --- Original message by: Oskarmandude
Quote: --- Original message by: Horeb
a really god map

Not only is this map of high quality, but it is also Jesus.

he beat me to it :(

Hammad

Imagination is more important than knowledge

Posted: Jan 1, 2014 02:11 PM    Msg. 197 of 1557       
That was fun, especially in the rocket hog. Dsali coming in then immediately getting kicked, and me nearly getting banned from calling Mootjuh a Nub.

Altis
Sry

gruntfromhalo

actual loli

Posted: Jan 1, 2014 02:28 PM    Msg. 198 of 1557       
Quote: --- Original message by: Ralph_Nader
Also, Botting Seems the Norm rather than the Exception. Pervasive and Arrogant Admissions of Use. If they are going to Allow Aimbots they Should Be Supplied to All Players. I Know People say they Have Aimbot Protection Enabled, but People have Been Defeating that Feature in Halo for Sometime.

Most of the Botters are the Ones that complain About Camping, but if you look at the Field, Everybody on the Map that is not Racing the the Enemy's Flag are Stationary including Snipers and Gauss Hogs and Tanks Parked above Bases. When Teams of Aimbotters Participate, the Slaughter makes Normal Game Play impossible. When I Bitched about the Use of Aimbots, they had All Team Members Switch to the Blue Team in a 6 to 1 battle with Myself. I Still achieved the 3rd Ranking.

These People are So Petty they Even Team Switched to Kill My Player, as if Botting weren't Enough.
Haha, I've been in the server a lot and I've never seen a botter. Without bringing any proof of said botting you might as well be accusing Obama of being a dope fiend.

Hammad

Posted: Jan 1, 2014 05:25 PM    Msg. 199 of 1557       
Just saw a Bigass v2,073 server up, named 'BIGASS TEST'
Oh, and a map probably made by Nickster.
Edited by Hammad on Jan 1, 2014 at 05:33 PM

Ralph_Nader

Posted: Jan 1, 2014 05:30 PM    Msg. 200 of 1557       
Well? It's True! :P

PS. Dear Santa Claus!

Also like others Requested Also, could You Bring Back the Snipers as a Starting Weapon?

It Really tough to Get out of the House in the Morning with All Them Aimbotting Gauss Hog Camp Whores.

Thank You!

Sincerely, Ralph_Nader

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Jan 1, 2014 05:31 PM    Msg. 201 of 1557       
Quote: --- Original message by: Ralph_Nader
Well? It's True! :P

PS. Dear Santa Claus!

Also like others Requested Also, could You Bring Back the Snipers as a Starting Weapon?

It Really tough to Get out of the House in the Morning with All Them Aimbotting Gauss Hog Camp Whores.

Thank You!

Sincerely, Ralph_Nader

Dear Ralph Nader,

Can You Please Start To Learn How To Use Capitalization Properly?

Thank You!

Sincerely, Higuy

altis94

Join my Discord https://discord.gg/GDVEaRD

Posted: Jan 1, 2014 05:36 PM    Msg. 202 of 1557       
@ChieftainSnipe I was trying to contact you on skype but you were never online so I unbanned everyone who were banned that day.

@Ralph_Nader The barriers were removed in 207 and 2071 just because I removed killbox script and I had no time to reexport BSP with barrier. I might spaw compass later, I don't think it's very important right now.

@bobbysoon Any news with the physics?

Well Bigass public beta was released a week ago and I think it is really successful. Each version had over 500 downloads (not counting HAC2 downloads). The server is still being played on by lots of players:

Quite a lot of forum members played on this server which is nice. Besides official and HMU server, there were few others dedicated servers hosted by =CMO= clan and The Mark V.

Few people complain about aimbotters but I don't think it's a big issue because they still play bad and most of them are getting auto banned. I might add aimbot protection for next public release though (I never tried doing that before). For those who complain about Scorpion being too strong, stop using sniper rifle and use explosive weapons instead. It's pretty effective to sneak from behind and throw few grenades on it. About snipers, they WILL NOT be starting weapons. In next version I will add support for gametypes with snipers only.

If you haven't already, check out (SBB) Storm's and Taiwan123's youtube videos:
http://www.youtube.com/user/StormUndBlackbird/videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/crazy123hce/videos
Edited by altis94 on Jan 1, 2014 at 05:39 PM

DOOM899

{DM} [gamesmaster] if i can ill help maybe

Posted: Jan 2, 2014 06:46 AM    Msg. 203 of 1557       
here is a new thing of that map it so fun to play
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uCsSLnAmp4&feature=youtu.be

Edited by DOOM899 on Jan 2, 2014 at 06:47 AM

Hammad

Posted: Jan 2, 2014 07:57 AM    Msg. 204 of 1557       
Matt sux

rcghalohell

I can jump?Weeeee (pop!) (No1 heard from it again)

Posted: Jan 2, 2014 09:21 AM    Msg. 205 of 1557       
Quote: --- Original message by: Hammad
Matt sux

second lol

4RBiT3R

You won't see me coming

Posted: Jan 2, 2014 10:12 AM    Msg. 206 of 1557       
Hey Altis, dont listen to what ralph nader said about the aimbotting. He is just a noob, he calls all the pro snipers like Link,Jinx and me aimbotters. :)

baconatorCE

I'm a curse and I'm a sound

Posted: Jan 2, 2014 03:59 PM    Msg. 207 of 1557       
Everyone is very impressed with Altis's Bigass. In fact, Altis's Bigass is probably the most pleasureful thing I've ever experienced. I don't know about you, but I will be spending lots of time in Altis's Bigass.

Okay I'm done.

Ralph_Nader

Posted: Jan 2, 2014 06:19 PM    Msg. 208 of 1557       
Dear altis94,

Please go back to the unrestricted map if it does not affect game play.

As far as the Aimbot thing, People have been defeat the Aimbot Protection for Sometime in the regular CE Games.

I test the Weaponry on stationary Targets and even if you shoot a Falcon with a Gauss Sniper it takes 3 Good Hits to Destroy it, and about 10 regular Sniper Rifle Hits. These People are knocking these things down with 1 Shot.

Also, the Tanks are a bit Slow? Can you speed them up about 1.5- 2 times speed.

The Hax include: Shield Hacks, Massive amounts of Grenades, Chams, and Aimbots. I had one guy pull out and throw so many Land mines it looked like a Pancake Breakfast. So they must be using Edit Game Types?

Anyway? ...Take Care, and It's Still a Great Place to Play!

PS - I'm not familiar with the art of Cheating and I've Played Halo for 4 years, and scores generally reflect my experience. In short, I know when I'm being botted.

lspraven

Posted: Jan 2, 2014 08:48 PM    Msg. 209 of 1557       
@Altis

(Halomaps won't stop refreshing and logging me out when I try to post, so I will just post the names of what you need to get)

My ideas for the map are:

1. Make the map larger at least 6 or 8 times the size of the map.

2. Add 2 Heavy Scorpion Tanks
(Found Here: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=2755)

Located opposite the to be replaced normal scorpions locations.

Other Suggestions:
Vehicles in a can (So your never without a vehicle)
Kestral Final
Hover Tank
LAV-25 APC Updated V2
Fixed DPV/FAV

Army Mine
H3 Senetial Beam (Because you have the Spartan Laser, why not)
Reach DMR
TOW Anti-Tank Turret V2
50 Cal/Jeep Pack
Tactical Shotgun to replace current shotgun
Remington 870 add as another shotgun
Survival Kit
RLancer
Fist of Rukt (For your Melee needs)
AT4 Disposable Rocket Launcher (For your Anti-Tank Needs)

Edit:

@Altis

And I guess miniaturize a Scarab because Mattew Dratt asked for one.
(Don't forget to miniaturize and lower the firepower of the Mini-Scarab!)

Edit 2:

@Altis

I also Suggest you add a Hytac which I will be getting the tags from the unprotected map Sanctuary_mrp.

Tags Rar: https://www.mediafire.com/?2b5b5swesbawuub

Hytac Tags Only Rar: http://www.mediafire.com/download/2b5b5swesbawuub/Hytac%20tags.rar

Edit 3:

@Altis

The scout is inaccurate.
The sg14 Scout is ugly and wouldn't fit onto this map.

But the Anti-Armor Sniper used in both Coldsnap and Extinction would fit just nicely if you give it a camo makeover oh and a touch up.

Edited by lspraven on Jan 2, 2014 at 10:01 PM
Edited by lspraven on Jan 2, 2014 at 10:04 PM
Edited by lspraven on Jan 2, 2014 at 10:24 PM
Edited by lspraven on Jan 2, 2014 at 10:32 PM
Edited by lspraven on Jan 2, 2014 at 10:34 PM
Edited by lspraven on Jan 2, 2014 at 10:41 PM

MatthewDratt

Posted: Jan 2, 2014 09:26 PM    Msg. 210 of 1557       
Also you should add a scarab

Page 6 of 45 Go to page: · 1 · ... · 3 · 4 · 5 · [6] · 7 · 8 · 9 · ... · 45 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun March 29, 2020 11:13 AM 578 ms.
A Halo Maps Website