A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Bigass Public Beta

Page 2 of 45 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · ... · 45 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: Bigass Public Beta (1557 messages, Page 2 of 45)
Moderators: Dennis

darksoldier

Helo my friend, it's time to fight ;)

Posted: Dec 25, 2013 05:26 PM    Msg. 36 of 1557       
I remember when I played that map with bourrin and you at the start. And now, with theses all new things I can say, nice job altis !

Xtralaos

"I AM THE GREATEST!"

Posted: Dec 25, 2013 05:41 PM    Msg. 37 of 1557       
I just played. Overall it's a good map. But that Chopper is useless and pretty much sucks.

Oskarmandude

Bosnia

Posted: Dec 25, 2013 06:44 PM    Msg. 38 of 1557       

xnx

h2 marine anims or i detonate the vest

Posted: Dec 25, 2013 06:46 PM    Msg. 39 of 1557       
Gauss hog + gauss sniper need a buff.

gruntfromhalo

actual loli

Posted: Dec 25, 2013 07:00 PM    Msg. 40 of 1557       
Quote: --- Original message by: xnx
Gauss hog + gauss sniper need a buff.
If the gauss sniper gets a buff it would be overpowered.

xnx

h2 marine anims or i detonate the vest

Posted: Dec 25, 2013 07:26 PM    Msg. 41 of 1557       
I thought the idea of a gauss sniper was supposed to be OP in the first place? Right now it just doesn't feel like a power weapon.

altis94

Join my Discord https://discord.gg/GDVEaRD

Posted: Dec 25, 2013 07:39 PM    Msg. 42 of 1557       
People still don't understand that scripts caused all those issues. I will try to make new version tomorrow and see how that goes.

Oskarmandude

Bosnia

Posted: Dec 25, 2013 08:58 PM    Msg. 43 of 1557       
I'm always timing out, teleporting, missing shots, etc.

DOOM899

{DM} [gamesmaster] if i can ill help maybe

Posted: Dec 25, 2013 10:29 PM    Msg. 44 of 1557       
playing that map just to see what in there not bad for a wip

I wood say that you make it in OpenSauce to fixs the BSP it up to you if you do and put more weapons in if you do make it in OpenSauce

the map look nice tho
Edited by DOOM899 on Dec 25, 2013 at 10:30 PM

jackrabbit

Fight Against the Machine of Deth!

Posted: Dec 26, 2013 12:07 AM    Msg. 45 of 1557       
Quote: --- Original message by: gruntfromhalo

I don't think motorcycles work well in Halo CE, falling off doesn't work real well which makes using them feel very off. I Spades and Mongooses at the bases would be good.
Edited by gruntfromhalo on Dec 25, 2013 at 03:19 PM
motorcycles do work quite well if you build proper physics. and use the biped Characteristic of sargent johnson.

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Dec 26, 2013 12:11 AM    Msg. 46 of 1557       
Quote: --- Original message by: jackrabbit
Quote: --- Original message by: gruntfromhalo

I don't think motorcycles work well in Halo CE, falling off doesn't work real well which makes using them feel very off. I Spades and Mongooses at the bases would be good.
Edited by gruntfromhalo on Dec 25, 2013 at 03:19 PM
motorcycles do work quite well if you build proper physics. and use the biped Characteristic of sargent johnson.

I see no real need for motorcycles if Mongooses are already available.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Dec 26, 2013 12:15 AM    Msg. 47 of 1557       
Was playing in the server - gotta say, this map is beautiful. At this point in development theres a few thing's I'd like to point out.

When playing, the alt route where the rocket hog and albatross seemed to not get used much... it's cool though that theres so much to explore in this map, especially that route, but alot of it is barren with nothing but terrain. Not a bad thing, but it'd be a good idea to maybe put something here a bit more powerful, eg get rid of the falcons at the base and have 1 sitting there instead at an interesting middle base(similar to the hog middle base) as a place people might want to go control.

Second, lets take a minute to talk about the detail the map includes. The terrain is all pretty nice (as in bsp), but one thing you should do is flesh out the hills more. You have these awesome rolling hills, but upon further inspection and driving on them, some of them are quite blocky... Another thing is the detail grass. While it looks great as-is, you could add some variations to each type to give it a better look. It's obvious its "fake" right now, relative to the game world anyway. Lastly for detail, your trees! All of them look superbed - well execpt the defualt halo ones. Please take the time to recreate these or make your own versions; im not sure if you made the custom ones in the map yourself or extracted them, but they aren't hard to make in max. If you'd like a tutorial, hit me up. One other thing with your tree's (and the whole map as well) is the lack of detailed lighting. It's really flat and washed out at the moment, probably because its not done and all, but its something you should consider. Sunny days are nice, but who knows - you could get more interesting visual results with something like a sunset or break of day.

One other thing i noticed was the background sounds - now this is getting really picky, but the background sound with the birds chirping was a bit.. meh. When i go outside in my backyard its wild kingdom out there and i hardly ever hear that much bird chirping - sure the occasional bird, but yeah... just nitpicking. You could even maybe give off some other sounds to make it feel "hot" rather than cold (windy). A small pond here and there might also be nice to give this part of the valley a bit more significance too.

One other thing is the starting weapons. At least on slayer, Sniper rifles are very overpowered in the map as defualt weapons. At least in FFA, make this something like the assault rifle or ma5k.

Overall its an astonishing map... played without OS and it still looked great. The background is amazing and the detail put into the map thus far looks sexy. Keep up the awesome work.

e: almost forgot, one other thing. the detail trees in the background are too close to the "boundaries" of the map playing field. push em back so i cant see them as planes plz
Edited by Higuy on Dec 26, 2013 at 12:21 AM

benjimod

Posted: Dec 26, 2013 04:51 AM    Msg. 48 of 1557       
I don't know if it's normal or not but the bsp disappears at certain moments : http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/52/1388051232-ground.png

And we can see the shadow of the Falcon in the base o.o http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/52/1388051440-shadow.png

Taiwan123

A-Pu-Pu-Pue-Pue

Posted: Dec 26, 2013 05:03 AM    Msg. 49 of 1557       
Merry Xmas and have some funny mushrooms!

bourrin33

HEK not installed tho

Posted: Dec 26, 2013 06:33 AM    Msg. 50 of 1557       
Quote: --- Original message by: benjimod
I don't know if it's normal or not but the bsp disappears at certain moments : http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/52/1388051232-ground.png

And we can see the shadow of the Falcon in the base o.o http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/52/1388051440-shadow.png

The BSP disappearing can be fixed by using HAC, and for the shadows, we couldn't figure how to do it. That's Halo...

jackrabbit

Fight Against the Machine of Deth!

Posted: Dec 26, 2013 06:58 AM    Msg. 51 of 1557       
Quote: --- Original message by: bourrin33

The BSP disappearing can be fixed by using HAC, and for the shadows, we couldn't figure how to do it. That's Halo...
Did you run The lightmaps before you put the All Vehicles there?

bourrin33

HEK not installed tho

Posted: Dec 26, 2013 07:04 AM    Msg. 52 of 1557       
Quote: --- Original message by: jackrabbit
Quote: --- Original message by: bourrin33

Did you run The lightmaps before you put the All Vehicles there?

This is a dynamic shadow. We are not dumb, in case you didn't notice yet.

benjimod

Posted: Dec 26, 2013 08:39 AM    Msg. 53 of 1557       

altis94

Posted: Dec 26, 2013 02:05 PM    Msg. 54 of 1557       
NEW VERSION 2,07
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/nvjd3mx85fu0jxh/bigassv2%2C07.rar

It's just a quick update which SHOULD fix the crashes and other issues when there are 8+ players. I removed camo and some other scripts. Removed falcon dust effect. Increased damage for gauss warthhog slightly and reduced scorpion armor. Also I made mongooses spawn near bases like in previous private betas.
Edited by altis94 on Dec 26, 2013 at 02:21 PM

benjimod

Posted: Dec 26, 2013 02:06 PM    Msg. 55 of 1557       
Excellent !

altis94

Posted: Dec 26, 2013 03:14 PM    Msg. 56 of 1557       
Quote: --- Original message by: Clicker
Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
Q: Parts of my map keep disappearing, u sux at portals!
A: Use Open Sauce or HAC2 (with 1.09 version of halo) to fix disappearing BSP issues.

Q: I can’t see tall grass like in your pics. What do I do?
A: Disable OS effects. This issue will be fixed in new version of OS as far as I know.

Q: My textures look more blurry than in your pics.
A: Enable anisotropic filtering.

So you admit your map is broken and the only way to get it working right is by using hacks. Fix your map, bro.

Map is not broken? I just want higher quality BSP because HAC 2 and OS allow me to do that. Detail objects (tall grass) only don't work with OS effects and that's not my problem, this happens in all maps. Anisotropic filtering is optional, use it only if you want the map to look better.

Anyway this version is a failure because server still crashes when Falcon explodes and elevator doesn't work. This only happens with more that 8 players and I'm not sure what causes this... Fixing these problems is my highest priority right now and I will keep trying to fix this.

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Dec 26, 2013 03:17 PM    Msg. 57 of 1557       
Additional suggestions, most of them regarding fairly minor issues:
•When you pick up an automag, it just calls it a "SOCOM". SOCOM (Special Operations COMmand) is a group. The magnum should be called "M6C/SOCOM," "M6S," or "Automag".
•When you pick up a Spartan Laser, the string says "spartan Laser". I also couldn't see the reticle when I picked it up this time, whether I was zoomed in or not.
•I mentioned it in-game, but the MA5K doesn't fit in with the tagset, visually. It performs very well, I grab one whenever I can, but it still looks like a Halo 1 weapon amongst Halo 3/Halo: Reach tags. If you could either improve the model somehow, or apply its statistics to a different assault rifle (or your own variation of one) such as the MA37, I feel that might fit in better.
•A few more little structures, caverns, and tunnels might be nice to have scattered around the level. Maybe some more tents and stuff? But I'd understand if you didn't feel like adding much more, because the level is pretty good as it is.
•The bases are a bit open, I've found. If a tank rolls around the back and starts firing into the center of the base through the garage, the only safe-ish place is the armory and maybe that tiny tunnel that leads to the truck. Something to make it a little harder to paint the inside of the base red with each respawn could be helpful.
•Can active landmines emit a faintly flashing light or a subtle beeping or something? I can never tell whether it's one I can pick up or one I need to clear.

Edit: If all else fails, the elevator could be easily replaced by a ladder.

Some things I like so far:
•Race seems much better now that you've done away with Warthogs and small arms.
•Gunner seat in the tank. It's always had that second hatch, not many people ever seem to make use of it.
•Not spawning with sniper rifles on some gametypes. Wasn't a big fan of everyone having a sniper weapon right out of the gate, even if it is a pretty big map.
•It's a large map, but it's not empty. I'm still stumbling across little things I wasn't aware of previously.
•Binoculars! Although maybe they could spawn a bit less frequently.
Edited by Echo77 on Dec 26, 2013 at 03:18 PM
Edited by Echo77 on Dec 26, 2013 at 05:14 PM

altis94

Posted: Dec 26, 2013 06:21 PM    Msg. 58 of 1557       
NEW VERSION 2,071
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/2hyjvz6jdjaeeo2/bigassv2%2C071.rar

Sorry for making new versions so often, I just want to solve those problems that break gameplay.

Changes:
*Removed almost all scrips;
*New script for elevator that should work without problems;
*Changed HUD messages as Echo77 suggested.

Seems like all script related problems have been solved! That means no more server crashes and you can fly Falcons as much as you want. I noticed that there is a little lag rarely but I'm not sure if the map itself or my internet connection was causing that. Anyway, I got a lot of suggestions for improvements and Higuy will help with the BSP so expect something better in future versions.
Edited by altis94 on Dec 26, 2013 at 08:39 PM

ChieftainSnipe

Flyin' High

Posted: Dec 26, 2013 10:18 PM    Msg. 59 of 1557       
Like Stocked map games, every game should start off with a camoflage assault rifle and a reach pistol

TheChunkierBean

This Bean is Cooking!!

Posted: Dec 26, 2013 11:27 PM    Msg. 60 of 1557       
Gotta love bugs! Thats the fun part of development!

Oskarmandude

Bosnia

Posted: Dec 27, 2013 01:06 AM    Msg. 61 of 1557       
There should be more opportunities for non-vehicular combat.

Storm

Send memes to www.loganpaul.com/cliffhanger

Posted: Dec 27, 2013 02:45 AM    Msg. 62 of 1557       
Quote: --- Original message by: Waffles
(inb4 ppl already said these things, tldr)I played a bit with some guys. I have to say tank is kinda OP for this map, its too open and they have long lines of sight. I feel like artilary or AA would be better. Truck is weird... had some instances where i couldnt leave the truck after i flipped it.

Its a really pretty map, its just too bad i hate large maps. I had a hard time playing defense due to tank camping, and the lack of anyone playing the actual objective (ctf). I basically sat in the weapon room and chatted and tried to clear suspicions of aimbotting with HAC's sightjacker the whole time i played.

Too bad Lone got meinhurt.

benjimod

Posted: Dec 27, 2013 05:33 AM    Msg. 63 of 1557       
Hmmm...

Why the glass reappears at infinite ? http://fr.xfire.com/video/61a48d/

Taiwan123

A-Pu-Pu-Pue-Pue

Posted: Dec 27, 2013 06:55 AM    Msg. 64 of 1557       
Hmmm...

Glass will respawn

bourrin33

HEK not installed tho

Posted: Dec 27, 2013 07:45 AM    Msg. 65 of 1557       
Hmmm...

The glass respawns when there is no one near the bases, to reduce syncing problems

benjimod

Posted: Dec 27, 2013 08:01 AM    Msg. 66 of 1557       
Yes i see that

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Dec 27, 2013 09:00 AM    Msg. 67 of 1557       
Quote: --- Original message by: Oskarmandude

This is one of things I've been trying to get Altis to do.

I'd personally like to see another middle base somewhere, eg in the hills across from the one now. It might also be nice to get rid of the two tanks and place just 1 at that middle part, considering how powerful they are. Then the two teams can fight over the tank without just rushing to their own.

Another thing is that it seemed alot of players rushed to go get the gauss rifle from the weapon drop. Another thing that could improve this is to make the guass rifle a regular spawning weapon and do something else with the droppod thing, eg a hammer of dawn to get rid of enemy vehicles more easily.

And lastly, yes - there needs to be smaller battles in the map somehow too. When playing its always a lot of fun roaming around in a vehicle with a friend when your suddenly ambushed by some other guys on top of some hills and you have to flank them out. Or vice versa. The map is great for CTF and Team Slayer, but there needs to be more reasons to go out into the other hilly areas rather than patrolling or just looking for a high powered weapon.

bourrin33

HEK not installed tho

Posted: Dec 27, 2013 10:47 AM    Msg. 68 of 1557       
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Quote: --- Original message by: Oskarmandude

This is one of things I've been trying to get Altis to do.

I'd personally like to see another middle base somewhere, eg in the hills across from the one now. It might also be nice to get rid of the two tanks and place just 1 at that middle part, considering how powerful they are. Then the two teams can fight over the tank without just rushing to their own.

Another thing is that it seemed alot of players rushed to go get the gauss rifle from the weapon drop. Another thing that could improve this is to make the guass rifle a regular spawning weapon and do something else with the droppod thing, eg a hammer of dawn to get rid of enemy vehicles more easily.

And lastly, yes - there needs to be smaller battles in the map somehow too. When playing its always a lot of fun roaming around in a vehicle with a friend when your suddenly ambushed by some other guys on top of some hills and you have to flank them out. Or vice versa. The map is great for CTF and Team Slayer, but there needs to be more reasons to go out into the other hilly areas rather than patrolling or just looking for a high powered weapon.

I modeled some bunkers to put here and there in the hills but Altis didn't want to implement them :D
I'm also for the gauss rifle with regular spawning (instead of the middle ma5k ?), it's very annoying to get now and the capsules are a waste of time...

also it would be cool if the gauss rifle projectile contrail was the same as the gauss hog projectile. I think a lot of people would agree with me.

rcghalohell

I can jump?Weeeee (pop!) (No1 heard from it again)

Posted: Dec 27, 2013 11:34 AM    Msg. 69 of 1557       
finally looked at the map, omg its a safari! so... whats up with every weapon I "pick up" being an "assault rifle"

altis94

Posted: Dec 27, 2013 12:41 PM    Msg. 70 of 1557       
Quote: --- Original message by: rcghalohell
finally looked at the map, omg its a safari! so... whats up with every weapon I "pick up" being an "assault rifle"

Didn't bother creating new pick up icons yet. Things like that will be fixed.

Page 2 of 45 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · ... · 45 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat March 28, 2020 6:54 PM 640 ms.
A Halo Maps Website