A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts
  
 
»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Takedown: Extermination - Work In Progress Thread

Page 8 of 12 Go to page: · 1 · ... · 5 · 6 · 7 · [8] · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: Takedown: Extermination - Work In Progress Thread (399 messages, Page 8 of 12)
Moderators: Dennis

Super Flanker
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

The length of your life depends on my aim.


Posted: Dec 13, 2015 06:09 AM    Msg. 246 of 399       
Quote: --- Original message by: TheHaloKnight
Quote: --- Original message by: EtchyaSketch
Quote: --- Original message by: TheHaloKnight
i wish i had a microphone :(


Quote: Many smart-phones have good enough quality for this production, so go find a recording app and you can just use your phone!

i wish i had an smartphone ;-;, i just have a 15 years old brick


Ys but how many other communication devices double up as a door stop and overkill knuckle duster.

You sir have a potentially wealthy investment.


MatthewDratt
Joined: Sep 11, 2010

CE3 - Takedown - HaloCE3.com


Posted: Dec 22, 2015 08:35 PM    Msg. 247 of 399       


Spartan314
Joined: Aug 21, 2010

Former biped rigger & FP animator


Posted: Dec 22, 2015 11:09 PM    Msg. 248 of 399       
<3


EtchyaSketch
Joined: Apr 11, 2014

S P I N


Posted: Dec 22, 2015 11:26 PM    Msg. 249 of 399       
h y p e


Super Flanker
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

The length of your life depends on my aim.


Posted: Dec 23, 2015 04:47 AM    Msg. 250 of 399       
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
http://mattdratt.com/images/takedown/rpf_12.15.jpg


Cliffs are a little blocky and the waterfall seems to be pouring from the heavens.

But those trees. I want them nao.


Corpen
Joined: Aug 11, 2015

Sierra 612 - DIAC - "Why are we here?"


Posted: Dec 23, 2015 05:13 AM    Msg. 251 of 399       
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
http://mattdratt.com/images/takedown/rpf_12.15.jpg

Damn those bildings in the background are great they would be so usefull for part 4.


EmmanuelCD
Joined: Jan 7, 2015

Esteban se la come


Posted: Dec 23, 2015 07:21 PM    Msg. 252 of 399       
Good dam, 15 hours to port Halo Reach and 3 ODST buildings and you already done it. I feel so useless...


MatthewDratt
Joined: Sep 11, 2010

CE3 - Takedown - HaloCE3.com


Posted: Dec 24, 2015 12:10 AM    Msg. 253 of 399       
Quote: --- Original message by: P3
So how is progress other then needing voice actors?


If you're curious https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6240433/Halo/TDE/progressdecember.jpg

It looks a lot worse than what it is. Gameplay Walkthrough means I can completely play through the section, but if I stray off or do things otherwise, I might run into issues. Most of the weapons and vehicles are just checkmarks that need to get double checked for I cross them off.

Once I get a gameplay walkthrough done though, it's mostly just cleanup from there.


OctaVinyl
Joined: Dec 8, 2015

¡Voy A comer tù corazon!


Posted: Dec 27, 2015 01:21 PM    Msg. 254 of 399       
Well that's a lot of things to fix. Good luck with that.
Anyways, how is progress? The scarab good? Any rally points done?
About the swampy areas, add fog pls, to make it look like dagobah from Battlefront 2.
Back on the thing, I see there's some Reach and H3ODST stuff there.
Keep going Matt! This thing is one heck of a story!


MatthewDratt
Joined: Sep 11, 2010

CE3 - Takedown - HaloCE3.com


Posted: Dec 29, 2015 11:44 PM    Msg. 255 of 399       
You know production is good when you spend the last 3 days working on takedown exclusively looking at spreadsheets


Skidrow925
Joined: Mar 19, 2010

"ideological sense of respect and tact of a 5yo"


Posted: Dec 30, 2015 12:16 AM    Msg. 256 of 399       
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
You know production is good when you spend the last 3 days working on takedown exclusively looking at spreadsheets



EtchyaSketch
Joined: Apr 11, 2014

S P I N


Posted: Dec 30, 2015 01:52 AM    Msg. 257 of 399       
Quote: --- Original message by: Skidrow925
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
You know production is good when you spend the last 3 days working on takedown exclusively looking at spreadsheets

https://i.gyazo.com/9d3569866f86fae52b2cf76f3766c834.png

This would be the best post of the year if Unikraken didn't happen.


Skidrow925
Joined: Mar 19, 2010

"ideological sense of respect and tact of a 5yo"


Posted: Dec 30, 2015 02:01 AM    Msg. 258 of 399       
Quote: --- Original message by: EtchyaSketch
Quote: --- Original message by: Skidrow925
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
You know production is good when you spend the last 3 days working on takedown exclusively looking at spreadsheets

https://i.gyazo.com/9d3569866f86fae52b2cf76f3766c834.png

This would be the best post of the year if Unikraken didn't happen.

Unikraken? I never heard of such a thing. Are you telling me you guys were having fun while I was gone? That's not fair!


renegade343
Joined: Jun 26, 2012

CE3 Stage Modeler, Editor, and Writer


Posted: Dec 30, 2015 11:46 AM    Msg. 259 of 399       
Quote: --- Original message by: Skidrow925
Quote: --- Original message by: EtchyaSketch
Quote: --- Original message by: Skidrow925
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
You know production is good when you spend the last 3 days working on takedown exclusively looking at spreadsheets

https://i.gyazo.com/9d3569866f86fae52b2cf76f3766c834.png

This would be the best post of the year if Unikraken didn't happen.

Unikraken? I never heard of such a thing. Are you telling me you guys were having fun while I was gone? That's not fair!


Take a look at this thread, and then this photo.
Edited by renegade343 on Dec 30, 2015 at 11:47 AM


Super Flanker
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

The length of your life depends on my aim.


Posted: Dec 30, 2015 11:56 AM    Msg. 260 of 399       
Quote: --- Original message by: renegade343

Quote: --- Original message by: Skidrow925
Quote: --- Original message by: EtchyaSketch
Quote: --- Original message by: Skidrow925
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
You know production is good when you spend the last 3 days working on takedown exclusively looking at spreadsheets

https://i.gyazo.com/9d3569866f86fae52b2cf76f3766c834.png

This would be the best post of the year if Unikraken didn't happen.

Unikraken? I never heard of such a thing. Are you telling me you guys were having fun while I was gone? That's not fair!


Take a look at this thread, and then this photo.
Edited by renegade343 on Dec 30, 2015 at 11:47 AM


All hail the kraken.


Skidrow925
Joined: Mar 19, 2010

"ideological sense of respect and tact of a 5yo"


Posted: Dec 30, 2015 06:11 PM    Msg. 261 of 399       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: renegade343

Quote: --- Original message by: Skidrow925
Quote: --- Original message by: EtchyaSketch
Quote: --- Original message by: Skidrow925
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
You know production is good when you spend the last 3 days working on takedown exclusively looking at spreadsheets

https://i.gyazo.com/9d3569866f86fae52b2cf76f3766c834.png

This would be the best post of the year if Unikraken didn't happen.

Unikraken? I never heard of such a thing. Are you telling me you guys were having fun while I was gone? That's not fair!


Take a look at this thread, and then this photo.
Edited by renegade343 on Dec 30, 2015 at 11:47 AM


All hail the kraken.


Wow, I missed some serious fun here.
ALL HAIL KRAKEN!

Oh, and that thread is from last year, so I still win best post 2que15.


EmmanuelCD
Joined: Jan 7, 2015

Esteban se la come


Posted: Dec 30, 2015 07:16 PM    Msg. 262 of 399       
Quote: --- Original message by: Skidrow925
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
You know production is good when you spend the last 3 days working on takedown exclusively looking at spreadsheets

https://i.gyazo.com/9d3569866f86fae52b2cf76f3766c834.png


Dont understand


Skidrow925
Joined: Mar 19, 2010

"ideological sense of respect and tact of a 5yo"


Posted: Dec 30, 2015 07:32 PM    Msg. 263 of 399       
Quote: --- Original message by: EmmanuelCD
Quote: --- Original message by: Skidrow925
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
You know production is good when you spend the last 3 days working on takedown exclusively looking at spreadsheets

https://i.gyazo.com/9d3569866f86fae52b2cf76f3766c834.png


Dont understand


EVE Online is probably the only game in existance primary played in Microsoft Excel. It is hte only game I am aware of that the sound of Microsoft Excel opening can sound the end of an empire, and a loss in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. And I mean real USD dollars.


MatthewDratt
Joined: Sep 11, 2010

CE3 - Takedown - HaloCE3.com


Posted: Jan 4, 2016 03:35 AM    Msg. 264 of 399       
Good news. I'm all done looking at spreadsheets (for now!).

Here is a little tease before my holidays wrap up and I have to go back to having a life :(


You know you messed up when you have 12 animated characters on screen at once. (Using R93s CE3 bipeds so I don't have to reconstrain crap)


Super Flanker
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

The length of your life depends on my aim.


Posted: Jan 4, 2016 10:59 AM    Msg. 265 of 399       
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Good news. I'm all done looking at spreadsheets (for now!).

Here is a little tease before my holidays wrap up and I have to go back to having a life :(

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6240433/Halo/TDE/Imessedup.jpg
You know you messed up when you have 12 animated characters on screen at once. (Using R93s CE3 bipeds so I don't have to reconstrain crap)


Lol the guy on his knees.


Even spartans need chairs.


MatthewDratt
Joined: Sep 11, 2010

CE3 - Takedown - HaloCE3.com


Posted: Jan 31, 2016 12:29 AM    Msg. 266 of 399       

Theres a few camera points.


Super Flanker
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

The length of your life depends on my aim.


Posted: Jan 31, 2016 01:28 AM    Msg. 267 of 399       
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6240433/cp.jpg
Theres a few camera points.


Was that image sponsered by the NSA?
Edited by Super Flanker on Jan 31, 2016 at 01:32 AM


MatthewDratt
Joined: Sep 11, 2010

CE3 - Takedown - HaloCE3.com


Posted: Apr 26, 2016 01:56 PM    Msg. 268 of 399       
As always I'd like to throw out a call for BSP help. I am working on the entirety of 7 different BSPS all by myself + scripting + cinematics + ect.

Anyone who is at least halo-1 level good modeler (or better) works with me. Both soft and hard environments. Soft environments Im looking for would consist of just snow canyon bsp. Hard environment consists of forerunner and covenant interiors.


Super Flanker
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

The length of your life depends on my aim.


Posted: Apr 26, 2016 02:38 PM    Msg. 269 of 399       
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
As always I'd like to throw out a call for BSP help. I am working on the entirety of 7 different BSPS all by myself + scripting + cinematics + ect.

Anyone who is at least halo-1 level good modeler (or better) works with me. Both soft and hard environments. Soft environments Im looking for would consist of just snow canyon bsp. Hard environment consists of forerunner and covenant interiors.


Will there be any sort of art guidance or anything?


MatthewDratt
Joined: Sep 11, 2010

CE3 - Takedown - HaloCE3.com


Posted: Apr 26, 2016 02:44 PM    Msg. 270 of 399       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
As always I'd like to throw out a call for BSP help. I am working on the entirety of 7 different BSPS all by myself + scripting + cinematics + ect.

Anyone who is at least halo-1 level good modeler (or better) works with me. Both soft and hard environments. Soft environments Im looking for would consist of just snow canyon bsp. Hard environment consists of forerunner and covenant interiors.


Will there be any sort of art guidance or anything?


make it look guud.

A lot of freedom however certain parts will need to hit certain beats in terms of gameplay
Edited by MatthewDratt on Apr 26, 2016 at 02:44 PM


Super Flanker
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

The length of your life depends on my aim.


Posted: Apr 26, 2016 03:58 PM    Msg. 271 of 399       
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
As always I'd like to throw out a call for BSP help. I am working on the entirety of 7 different BSPS all by myself + scripting + cinematics + ect.

Anyone who is at least halo-1 level good modeler (or better) works with me. Both soft and hard environments. Soft environments Im looking for would consist of just snow canyon bsp. Hard environment consists of forerunner and covenant interiors.


Will there be any sort of art guidance or anything?


make it look guud.

A lot of freedom however certain parts will need to hit certain beats in terms of gameplay
Edited by MatthewDratt on Apr 26, 2016 at 02:44 PM


Hmmm not a fan of the whole "do what you want thing" personally. I prefer direction so I know exactly what targets need to be met.

TLDR; I'm not very imaginative.

Whats pope doing? Perhaps he could help.


ChieftainSnipe
Joined: Jul 14, 2013

I like Halo with Controllers


Posted: Apr 28, 2016 05:29 AM    Msg. 272 of 399       
I'm sure there will be creative ways to speed run this especially by inspiring from Sierra 117's speed runs and what not. ('w')


MatthewDratt
Joined: Sep 11, 2010

CE3 - Takedown - HaloCE3.com


Posted: May 20, 2016 10:02 PM    Msg. 273 of 399       
The Closed Alpha 1.0.0 has just been sent out for Part 1. That's great news as that means Part 1 is completely playable from start to end.

For those unaware, Takedown: Extermination has been split into 2 parts (4 rally points each). I'm still debating the release schedule and how I want to go about it but the first alpha release means it can only be getting closer.
Edited by MatthewDratt on May 20, 2016 at 10:55 PM


EtchyaSketch
Joined: Apr 11, 2014

S P I N


Posted: May 20, 2016 10:30 PM    Msg. 274 of 399       
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
The Closed Alpha 1.0.0 has just been sent out for Part 1. That's great news as that means Part 1 is completely playable from start to beginning.

For those unaware, Takedown: Extermination has been split into 2 parts (4 rally points each). I'm still debating the release schedule and how I want to go about it but the first alpha release means it can only be getting closer.

Great to hear! Can't wait to see the final product :^)


Spartan314
Joined: Aug 21, 2010

Former biped rigger & FP animator


Posted: May 20, 2016 10:48 PM    Msg. 275 of 399       
Excellent news!


MatthewDratt
Joined: Sep 11, 2010

CE3 - Takedown - HaloCE3.com


Posted: May 21, 2016 01:10 AM    Msg. 276 of 399       


Halonimator
Joined: Dec 15, 2014

https://imgur.com/ZBjOJ4L


Posted: May 21, 2016 01:34 AM    Msg. 277 of 399       


please, dont release any betas.


MatthewDratt
Joined: Sep 11, 2010

CE3 - Takedown - HaloCE3.com


Posted: May 21, 2016 01:45 AM    Msg. 278 of 399       
Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator


please, dont release any betas.


For sure not on Takedown. I was debating on Sierra cause its easily a level that is already playable (or watchable) and I was hoping getting betas out would help recruit people who could help out. No decision on that atm.

No public betas for Takedown. It's done when its done.


altis94
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

What doesn't ban me makes me stronger


Posted: May 21, 2016 04:21 AM    Msg. 279 of 399       
I did not get a beta :(


Super Flanker
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

The length of your life depends on my aim.


Posted: May 21, 2016 05:12 AM    Msg. 280 of 399       


Oh thought it was gif.


B_end_cine?

Rally point B end cinematic?

 
Page 8 of 12 Go to page: · 1 · ... · 5 · 6 · 7 · [8] · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12 · Prev · Next

 
Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread







Time: Fri October 20, 2017 4:53 AM 2,063 ms.
A Halo Maps Website