A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Takedown: Extermination - Work In Progress Thread

Page 10 of 11 Go to page: · 1 · ... · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · [10] · 11 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: Takedown: Extermination - Work In Progress Thread (358 messages, Page 10 of 11)
Moderators: Dennis

altis94

What doesn't ban me makes me stronger

Posted: Aug 23, 2016 04:29 PM    Msg. 316 of 358       
Oh god that's so true.

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: Aug 23, 2016 05:16 PM    Msg. 317 of 358       
Quote: --- Original message by: LuciTheAlien
When something tastes like trash, you tend to spit it out- even if it was a free meal.

I have a small anecdote I'd like to share.
About five years ago, as I arrived home at my appartment, a man was barbecuing on the appartment's parking lot. He was an immigrant from Libia.

The man's BBQ looked pretty gross, and he was cooking some form of coaled meat. But this man, let's call him Good Guy Mohammed, wanted to share it with me.

So I accepted his offering of coaled meat, and pretended to enjoy it. Because the man really wanted to give something and be accepted by us locals.

Despite the meat tasting, quite bad, I kind of tucked it under my tongue for a few minutes, as we rounded up our little conversation. He offered me some more coaled meat, but said "sorry bruv, I already got some dinner ready of my own, but thanks!". As I arrived inside my appt, I promptly spit out the coaled meat.

Moral of the story. Coaled meat sucks.
Oh and be nice to people, even if you don't always completely like what they have to offer.

Cheers!

LuciTheAlien

Posted: Aug 23, 2016 06:18 PM    Msg. 318 of 358       
Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
When something tastes like trash, you tend to spit it out- even if it was a free meal.

I have a small anecdote I'd like to share.
About five years ago, as I arrived home at my appartment, a man was barbecuing on the appartment's parking lot. He was an immigrant from Libia.

The man's BBQ looked pretty gross, and he was cooking some form of coaled meat. But this man, let's call him Good Guy Mohammed, wanted to share it with me.

So I accepted his offering of coaled meat, and pretended to enjoy it. Because the man really wanted to give something and be accepted by us locals.

Despite the meat tasting, quite bad, I kind of tucked it under my tongue for a few minutes, as we rounded up our little conversation. He offered me some more coaled meat, but said "sorry bruv, I already got some dinner ready of my own, but thanks!". As I arrived inside my appt, I promptly spit out the coaled meat.

Moral of the story. Coaled meat sucks.
Oh and be nice to people, even if you don't always completely like what they have to offer.

Cheers!

Yeah you're right, sorry Matt.

EmmanuelCD

Using fox avatar since 1893

Posted: Aug 23, 2016 07:17 PM    Msg. 319 of 358       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Be sure to use linkinpark.

That hurts....

Giga Bowser

The Koopa, The Myth, The Legend

Posted: Aug 23, 2016 07:41 PM    Msg. 320 of 358       
Quote: --- Original message by: HyperAlex
So I just played The Introduction & Project Lawson and I'm appalled, not by the bad VA work, or the graphics being inconsistent but by the use of music from Mass Effect 2 & 3 and Beyond Good and Evil, it's really lame IMO.

The reason he uses it is because he is a huge mass effect fan.

That is really appauling. I thought better of you Matthew, you should be ashamed of yourself!

NOW GO TO YOUR ROOM.

Are you seriously saying that he couldn't do better than just ripping music from another series?

Be sure to let me know when you have your own successful mini mod series up and running.

This analogy works about as well as the, if you don't like this restaurant's food- cook your own.

For the record, I just barely played Takedown Intro. and Project Lawson, as well, and for a fan-made mod, I am absolutely blown away. I loved the music - granted, I haven't played either Mass Effect or Beyond Good and Evil before - and when combined with some of the epic battles in the final section, the one with dropships coming down everywhere, and Flood and Covenant battling all over the place with sentinels joining in above, I actually got chills. It was that good to me. It was a refreshingly different feeling than the regular Halo games, where you feel like the center of attention/the unstoppable hero. Not that that's a bad thing, but it's nice to have a change of pace. In this campaign, I felt like one cog in a big machine, or just one more combatant in a battle much bigger than myself. Very cool!

There is something to be said for original music, but in this case, the borrowed music works quite well, in my opinion. Not looking to pick a fight here or anything, which is why I put the disclaimer that it is my opinion, which means that I'm not trying to force anyone to like what I like or dislike what I dislike. I just wanted to put in some positive feedback and congratulate Matt on a job well done! Everyone has their taste in things, and for me, this mod was awesome. (I am also a sucker for campaign mods. :p) The voice acting was not perfect, I admit, but it did the job and was definitely audible, which is more than can be said of many amateur/semi-pro VA jobs. I think Lawson's voice actor was spot on, and the recording of it sounded very clear. Also, many of the lines from wandering around the base talking to the soldiers made me laugh a lot, especially the ones from Storm. :)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Extermination parts 1 and 2, MattDratt! Don't leave us hanging for too long! :)

Oh, and LuciTheAlien, when Super Flanker said, "Be sure to let me know when you have your own successful mini mod series up and running," I'm pretty sure he meant that he'd like to see you try your hand at making your own original mod before criticizing anyone else's mods too heavily. I don't think he was suggesting that you create your own version of this mod with different music, i.e. "cook your own food."

MatthewDratt

#RESIST

Posted: Aug 23, 2016 08:04 PM    Msg. 321 of 358       
I honestly have no idea what he is referring to when he mentioned Beyond Good and Evil music because I've never played that game and I don't use any of it's music.

LuciTheAlien

Posted: Aug 23, 2016 08:15 PM    Msg. 322 of 358       
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
I honestly have no idea what he is referring to when he mentioned Beyond Good and Evil music because I've never played that game and I don't use any of it's music.

*She

& I don't remember now but music in it sounded somewhat like "Dancing with Domz"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKDBk9lVSpk

I apologise that this isn't the case apparently.

MatthewDratt

#RESIST

Posted: Aug 23, 2016 08:38 PM    Msg. 323 of 358       

*She

& I don't remember now but music in it sounded somewhat like "Dancing with Domz"

It wasn't but thanks for giving me music to use in the sequel

LuciTheAlien

Posted: Aug 23, 2016 08:47 PM    Msg. 324 of 358       

*She

Oh, you're so funny!

MatthewDratt

#RESIST

Posted: Aug 23, 2016 08:49 PM    Msg. 325 of 358       

*She

Oh, you're so funny!

thxs mom

Giga Bowser

The Koopa, The Myth, The Legend

Posted: Aug 24, 2016 01:19 AM    Msg. 326 of 358       

*She

Oh, you're so funny!

thxs mom

Lolz, you guys make me laugh! And people seem pretty polite in this forum, which isn't the case in a lot of other online forums. And that music is simply BOSS. I might have to play Beyond Good and Evil now just for the music!

LuciTheAlien

Posted: Aug 24, 2016 11:57 AM    Msg. 327 of 358       
Quote: --- Original message by: Giga Bowser

*She

Oh, you're so funny!

thxs mom

Lolz, you guys make me laugh! And people seem pretty polite in this forum, which isn't the case in a lot of other online forums. And that music is simply BOSS. I might have to play Beyond Good and Evil now just for the music!

Beautifully atmospheric game.

Alex

Posted: Aug 24, 2016 03:11 PM    Msg. 328 of 358       
Quote: --- Original message by: BipolarAurora
So by continuing the analogy- you're saying that the Halo community is so starved for content that they'll take anything then.

lmao I like you, you're funnier than anyone here

Even more funnier than me and flanker?

Skidrow925

Hanging in there by a thread

Posted: Aug 24, 2016 03:26 PM    Msg. 329 of 358       
Quote: --- Original message by: BipolarAurora
So by continuing the analogy- you're saying that the Halo community is so starved for content that they'll take anything then.

lmao I like you, you're funnier than anyone here

Even more funnier than me and flanker?

Wait, you were trying to be funny..? Really?

Super Flanker

Synthetic furnishings, rails and no safety.

Posted: Aug 24, 2016 04:16 PM    Msg. 330 of 358       
Just a friendly reminder;

Not capitalizing my name makes me want to chew on your skull ten times more.

Also please do not compare or align your comedic talent with mine.

It's highly disrespectful given that the truth of the matter is that you really amount to loose trash.

Thankyou. :)
Edited by Super Flanker on Aug 24, 2016 at 04:19 PM

Skidrow925

Hanging in there by a thread

Posted: Aug 24, 2016 04:22 PM    Msg. 331 of 358       

It's highly disrespectful given that the truth of the matter is that you really amount to loose trash.

okay supesflanks mate

Alex

Posted: Aug 24, 2016 05:11 PM    Msg. 332 of 358       

flanker plz. We all know that people that come from Westminster like your self amount to loose trash found in an alley way of a McDonalds. don't try and deny it.

Super Flanker

Posted: Aug 24, 2016 05:30 PM    Msg. 333 of 358       

McDonalds.

Please, I have standards.

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Aug 25, 2016 03:29 AM    Msg. 334 of 358       
That alleyway sure does have character

MatthewDratt

#RESIST

Posted: Nov 26, 2016 04:18 AM    Msg. 335 of 358       
placeholder vo plz (dudes sending his lines this week... so he says)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxxtFuBO-GU&feature=youtu.be

I have that issue with my custom H3 Pelican. The issue so far determined is I'm running Custom animations for the pelican. When I exit out of the bounding radius (which is set to the flag the pelican is teleported to before animation begins) it bumps me sometimes feet away or in other cases kilometers away. The only way around this so far has been to bump the bounding radius up to like 10,000 which is ridiculous (but hey it works). Anyone have any better suggestions? (and this wasnt happening on my old pelican I was using, which was also running custom animations)

Nickster5000

Posted: Nov 26, 2016 05:24 PM    Msg. 336 of 358       
placeholder vo plz (dudes sending his lines this week... so he says)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxxtFuBO-GU&feature=youtu.be

I have that issue with my custom H3 Pelican. The issue so far determined is I'm running Custom animations for the pelican. When I exit out of the bounding radius (which is set to the flag the pelican is teleported to before animation begins) it bumps me sometimes feet away or in other cases kilometers away. The only way around this so far has been to bump the bounding radius up to like 10,000 which is ridiculous (but hey it works). Anyone have any better suggestions? (and this wasnt happening on my old pelican I was using, which was also running custom animations)

I'm having a similar issue with my halo reach pelican. I tried optimizing my physics and collision model, but I still got the same issue. Any guidance / answers would be very helpful!

MatthewDratt

#RESIST

Posted: Dec 16, 2016 10:38 PM    Msg. 337 of 358       
So I'd rather not release my map in the worst year since 2007, Takedown Extermination Part 1 will be delayed into early 2017. Great stuff happening as it started to wrap up in prep for December. However seeing how much work just got done and how impressive it turned out, I just need a bit more time to keep this up.

Video in the coming weeks showing update.

tl;dr map was on track but screw it I want more features and shiny stuff

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: Dec 16, 2016 10:46 PM    Msg. 338 of 358       
So I'd rather not release my map in the worst year since 2007, Takedown Extermination Part 1 will be delayed into early 2017. Great stuff happening as it started to wrap up in prep for December. However seeing how much work just got done and how impressive it turned out, I just need a bit more time to keep this up.

Video in the coming weeks showing update.

tl;dr map was on track but screw it I want more features and shiny stuff

Super excited!
Delays are always good if it means more polish and care.
Good luck.

Pepzee

What was old is new again

Posted: Dec 17, 2016 02:48 AM    Msg. 339 of 358       
worst year since 2007

What happened in 2007? I thought everybody said that those were the good old days, where everyone got along and there was peace on Halomaps.
Edited by Pepzee on Dec 17, 2016 at 02:49 AM

MatthewDratt

#RESIST

Posted: Dec 17, 2016 03:03 AM    Msg. 340 of 358       
Quote: --- Original message by: Pepzee

worst year since 2007

What happened in 2007? I thought everybody said that those were the good old days, where everyone got along and there was peace on Halomaps.
Edited by Pepzee on Dec 17, 2016 at 02:49 AM

bush

Pepzee

What was old is new again

Posted: Dec 17, 2016 03:17 AM    Msg. 341 of 358       
Oh I see, political stuff.

I'm glad there's no politics in Halo, imagine if Cpt. Keyes needed to run for reelection and all the controversies that would be dug up by his affair with Halsey. Politics make everything ugly.

Instead lets talk about Takedown, and how late into "early 2017" we have to wait.

DeadHamster

Posted: Dec 17, 2016 12:48 PM    Msg. 342 of 358       
For the pelican, why don't you place the flag closer to the spawn area? You won't need the bounding radius to stretch to the initial point of the animation if that initial point is where you're ending up.

Edit: didn't see where the default pelican did not have this issue. Pour through the tags and compare, specifically physics and vehicle seats.

I'd check the markers for the pelican's models and see how they compare to the default.

All of this I'm sure you've done already.
Edited by DeadHamster on Dec 17, 2016 at 12:50 PM

Spartan314

Posted: Dec 17, 2016 04:06 PM    Msg. 343 of 358       
Super hyped for this!

MatthewDratt

#RESIST

Posted: Dec 23, 2016 12:33 AM    Msg. 344 of 358       
Quote: --- Original message by: Pepzee
Instead lets talk about Takedown, and how late into "early 2017" we have to wait.

Depends on how much people want to help me :D

Right now big things include
1) BSP Modeling... yes, I'm STILL modeling bsp. If you think you can model some good Covenant geometry hit me up. I also still need 1-2 forerunner structures. I have general ideas that need to be hit but we can work together and I'll give you plenty of freedom so you can be creative as you want. There are also smaller modeling things that need to be done such as giving detail to cliffs or forerunner geometry.

2) BSP Cleanup. Finalizing textures and UVs, lighting the darn things, stuff like this. Michelle has been a boss and has done one BSP for me and may be willing to do more but hey, if people want to do this, please contact me

HaloAU

Posted: Feb 2, 2017 02:08 PM    Msg. 345 of 358       
where can I apply for one of the empty cast roles?

MatthewDratt

#RESIST

Posted: Mar 11, 2017 09:46 PM    Msg. 346 of 358       
Hey thanks everyone for voting Takedown: Extermination the 2nd most anticipated project in the CE3 2016 Awards!

You may be wondering... WHERE IS IT? Wasn't [part 1] suppose to be released in December?
Yes but after beta feedback I'm going to wait until I at least have Part 2 fully playable. You gotta remember, for the most part, this is a solo project. I could use help modeling, texturing and UVing, lighting, and animating. I'm currently trying to finish up modeling the rest of the BSP which should hopefully happen soon. I've just been too busy in January and February to do anything but I should be back on track now.

XxPopeAK49xX

Posted: Mar 11, 2017 11:45 PM    Msg. 347 of 358       
I only play for the animations.

Spartan314

Posted: Mar 12, 2017 12:15 AM    Msg. 348 of 358       
Continually rooting for you Mr. Dratt.

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: Mar 12, 2017 04:34 AM    Msg. 349 of 358       
Go Dratt.

Super Flanker

Posted: Mar 12, 2017 11:29 AM    Msg. 350 of 358       
SIERRA 117 NAO

Page 10 of 11 Go to page: · 1 · ... · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · [10] · 11 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun March 26, 2017 10:53 AM 344 ms.
A Halo Maps Website