A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »How do you play modded maps with different names in vanilla Halo 1 pc?

Author Topic: How do you play modded maps with different names in vanilla Halo 1 pc? (22 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

P3

Posted: Dec 26, 2013 09:07 AM    Msg. 1 of 22       
I know this is a very noob question, but, i saw this awesome looking map, but it wasn't for Halo custom edition, but vanilla Halo combat evolved. I think i remembered that maps won't show up in combat evolved if it had a different name from the stock maps, so how would i play this map? The map is called selenium_2.

http://www.opencarnage.net/index.php?/topic/2844-hpccemd-selenium/

Xtralaos

"I AM THE GREATEST!"

Posted: Dec 26, 2013 09:39 AM    Msg. 2 of 22       
the map looks awesome, why don't we have something like that for CE?

P3

Posted: Dec 26, 2013 10:09 AM    Msg. 3 of 22       
So can anyone help?

jackrabbit

Fight Against the Machine of Deth!

Posted: Dec 26, 2013 10:25 AM    Msg. 4 of 22       
Did you try simply naming it bloodgulch? It looks like a bg mod to me.
I really don't know I don't hpc.

P3

Posted: Dec 26, 2013 10:40 AM    Msg. 5 of 22       
Quote: --- Original message by: jackrabbit
Did you try simply naming it bloodgulch? It looks like a bg mod to me.
I really don't know I don't hpc.

Yes i have tried renaming it to bloodgulch, and it is a bloodgulch mod. Do you know anyone who could help me?

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Dec 26, 2013 12:44 PM    Msg. 6 of 22       
Bloodgulch mods extreme

P3

Posted: Dec 26, 2013 01:14 PM    Msg. 7 of 22       
So I'm guessing no one here knows...? :(

P3

Posted: Dec 26, 2013 01:37 PM    Msg. 8 of 22       
Quote: --- Original message by: Clicker
For normal Halo, the map names have to be stock.

For example, CE Seclusion in Halo Trial using the map name 'bloodgulch.map'. If you are desperate to change the map name, you could try editing the UI.map.

Thanks for the response. I tried renaming, but it just gives me a corrupt warning for the map that i renamed it too. So how would i go about editing the UI.map (guessing that may be my only option here maybe)?

P3

Posted: Dec 26, 2013 01:43 PM    Msg. 9 of 22       
Quote: --- Original message by: Clicker
Yeah, you can't just rename maps willy nilly. There are checksums that have to match. Plus the UI.map is specifically searching for that map name.

The only thing you can do is edit the string in the UI that says "Bloodgulch". You might want to ask the people who worked on the Universal UI, like Mooseguy.

Ok, thanks.

AlekosGR

ACE Moding Team (Azura Computer Entertainment)

Posted: Dec 26, 2013 04:01 PM    Msg. 10 of 22       
I am not sure if this works with Halo PC, but have you tried the map_name command from the console?

P3

Posted: Dec 26, 2013 05:46 PM    Msg. 11 of 22       
Yes, I've tried that. Can anyone help me?

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Dec 30, 2013 02:37 PM    Msg. 12 of 22       
Doesnt halo pc have something called a CSS? If your map is css then just put it as bloodgulch.
Edited by MEGASEAN2812 on Dec 30, 2013 at 02:38 PM

P3

Posted: Dec 30, 2013 02:40 PM    Msg. 13 of 22       
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812

Doesnt halo pc have something called a CSS? If your map is css then just put it as bloodgulch.
Edited by MEGASEAN2812 on Dec 30, 2013 at 02:38 PM

What is CSS?
And what do you mean put it as bloodgulch? If you mean just rename it to bloodgulch or just keeping the original name of the map given and then move original bloodgulch out of the map file, then i have already tried that.

rcghalohell

I can jump?Weeeee (pop!) (No1 heard from it again)

Posted: Dec 30, 2013 02:43 PM    Msg. 14 of 22       
beautiful grass here

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Dec 30, 2013 02:44 PM    Msg. 15 of 22       
CSS is if its so bloodgulch other people without the mod can play with you. Any readmes or anything that tell you what it is? Then again idk cuzz CSS was in halo trial. Idk about pc.

P3

Posted: Dec 30, 2013 02:51 PM    Msg. 16 of 22       
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812
CSS is if its so bloodgulch other people without the mod can play with you. Any readmes or anything that tell you what it is? Then again idk cuzz CSS was in halo trial. Idk about pc.

No readmes, so i don't even know how to play it.

_Btcc22_

Posted: Dec 30, 2013 02:53 PM    Msg. 17 of 22       
HAC 2 has support for custom maps in HPC. That'll sort any problems out.
Edited by _Btcc22_ on Dec 30, 2013 at 02:53 PM

NeX

Posted: Jan 10, 2014 12:36 AM    Msg. 18 of 22       
Hey! That's my map! Hahahaha. Random find - but yes, Btcc22 is correct, you simply need HAC2. Halo Anti Cheat 2 not only allows you to see custom maps in your LAN folder to test them solo, but you can see any servers running maps that you have installed as well - and, if you don't, you can direct IP them, and if the map is in the HAC2 database, it will download it automatically.

The reason I didn't make it for Custom Edition, even though I made most of it with the HEK for heavy lifting, is because the community of players on CE is pretty much garbage - no offense. The modding community is...ok...but tends to border on snobbish and condescending most of the time. The player base is full of cheating - botting, wall hacking, etc etc etc, and the average skill level of CE players is laughable compared to that of Vanilla. Largely, I would argue, due to the fact that the only maps PC players use are the stock maps with relatively intact stock properties. With only 19 maps to choose from, and really only about 10 popular ones, you get good at 'em, fast.

I'm currently developing a complete multiplayer overhaul package I'm calling Halo: Revolution, which will include the things I tested for Selenium, including Time of Day switches, sound palletes, DOBC, etc, combined with things I learned a long time ago modding PC, such as shaders, effects (tucker933 still holds king-status on those though), and general tagging. You can find examples of Revolution maps (alpha/beta) that I made using purely PC tools.

The HEK is heavier in the things it can edit, so I will attempt to create the final project purely in CE for release, and then port it, but if the tagset size becomes an issue, it will continue to be for vanilla Halo. Blame the community :/

P3

Posted: Jan 10, 2014 10:25 PM    Msg. 19 of 22       
Ok. Cool! :)

Hmm... The grass and everything looked cooler in the screen shots... >.>
Edited by P3 on Jan 10, 2014 at 10:39 PM

NeX

Posted: Jan 11, 2014 02:18 AM    Msg. 20 of 22       
Yeah, this map was just a throw-together for testing two new concepts to add to Revolution. The grass and time-of-day. Once I got those in, I just kind of threw stuff together and tweaked the balance to make gameplay fun, then abandoned it. Still, there's only so much you can do with DOBC tags.

Horeb

bananakid

Posted: Jan 11, 2014 02:55 AM    Msg. 21 of 22       
Quote: --- Original message by: NeX
Hey! That's my map! Hahahaha. Random find - but yes, Btcc22 is correct, you simply need HAC2. Halo Anti Cheat 2 not only allows you to see custom maps in your LAN folder to test them solo, but you can see any servers running maps that you have installed as well - and, if you don't, you can direct IP them, and if the map is in the HAC2 database, it will download it automatically.

The reason I didn't make it for Custom Edition, even though I made most of it with the HEK for heavy lifting, is because the community of players on CE is pretty much garbage - no offense. The modding community is...ok...but tends to border on snobbish and condescending most of the time. The player base is full of cheating - botting, wall hacking, etc etc etc, and the average skill level of CE players is laughable compared to that of Vanilla. Largely, I would argue, due to the fact that the only maps PC players use are the stock maps with relatively intact stock properties. With only 19 maps to choose from, and really only about 10 popular ones, you get good at 'em, fast.

I'm currently developing a complete multiplayer overhaul package I'm calling Halo: Revolution, which will include the things I tested for Selenium, including Time of Day switches, sound palletes, DOBC, etc, combined with things I learned a long time ago modding PC, such as shaders, effects (tucker933 still holds king-status on those though), and general tagging. You can find examples of Revolution maps (alpha/beta) that I made using purely PC tools.

The HEK is heavier in the things it can edit, so I will attempt to create the final project purely in CE for release, and then port it, but if the tagset size becomes an issue, it will continue to be for vanilla Halo. Blame the community :/

How d'a hell i can use vanilla?!

NeX

Posted: Feb 4, 2014 06:03 PM    Msg. 22 of 22       
Quote: --- Original message by: Horeb

How d'a hell i can use vanilla?!

http://www.amazon.com/Halo-Combat-Evolved-PC/dp/B00009TW6R

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon September 23, 2019 2:57 AM 235 ms.
A Halo Maps Website