A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Dennis, I have a request.

Author Topic: Dennis, I have a request. (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

AlekosGR

ACE Moding Team (Azura Computer Entertainment)

Posted: Jan 4, 2014 10:44 AM    Msg. 1 of 6       
I am not home all the time, so I use my laptop to do my work and everything... Now, I don't have internet with the laptop, so I have to download tags and different tools through my pc, the move them through a usb to my laptop. Now, I could easily downlaod the tags from my mobile (which will save me a ton of time) but the 20 second time limit you have is incopatible with my phone, so I can't downlaod anything. I know it's stupid to ask but please, could you please remove it?

Flash44x

What would you have your arbiter do?

Posted: Jan 4, 2014 11:59 AM    Msg. 2 of 6       
You should send him a PM.

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Jan 4, 2014 03:32 PM    Msg. 3 of 6       
M.halomaps.org. a link that doesnt, but should exist.

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Jan 4, 2014 06:57 PM    Msg. 4 of 6       
Quote: --- Original message by: AlekosGR
but the 20 second time limit you have is incopatible with my phone, so I can't downlaod anything. I know it's stupid to ask but please, could you please remove it?
There is a technical reason for the delay. The files are not stored on the same server as the website they are on a separate server optimized for downloading files. When you request a file the website sends a request to the file server for the file and the file is moved to allow downloading. The delay is to be sure that the file has been moved before you start the download.

sparky

Dismissal of Truth leaves one to believe lies

Posted: Jan 4, 2014 11:53 PM    Msg. 5 of 6       

Edited by sparky on Aug 20, 2015 at 03:39 PM

AlekosGR

ACE Moding Team (Azura Computer Entertainment)

Posted: Jan 5, 2014 01:46 AM    Msg. 6 of 6       
Allright, I had no idea how the time limit works... Since you put it that way, looks like I have no choice :P Thanks for the replys.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed April 24, 2019 1:07 AM 94 ms.
A Halo Maps Website