A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Biped rigger and animator needed.

Author Topic: Biped rigger and animator needed. (9 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

darkassassin14

El. Psy. Congroo.

Posted: Jan 18, 2014 01:56 PM    Msg. 1 of 9       
I have a model for BRS (Black Rock Shooter) that I want to put ingame. I know pretty much nothing about rigging and my animation skills are horrible, so any help would be awesome. Here's a screenshot of the model:

AlekosGR

ACE Moding Team (Azura Computer Entertainment)

Posted: Jan 19, 2014 12:55 AM    Msg. 2 of 9       
I suck at animating/modeling but I know the basics... First of all, this model looks awesome. Secondly, for the model to animate, it needs to have bones, I don't know how to make one so watch a tutorial if you find one. Then, you need to download bluestreak animation importer/exporter to import the cyborg.model animation tag and then you need to export that, I have no idea how but... I hope I helped :P

MatthewDratt

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com

Posted: Jan 19, 2014 03:50 AM    Msg. 3 of 9       
You could put the model up on other sites and see if anyone will rig it for you on them. Otherwise you'll prolly have to learn.

darkassassin14

El. Psy. Congroo.

Posted: Jan 19, 2014 06:54 AM    Msg. 4 of 9       
I know my own way to rig it, but it's a really horrible way. I section off the different body parts by turning them into separate objects and give them each their own frame nodes. I don't know how to link the frame node to the geometry without doing it this way. I was asking if anyone here would want to do it.

Ok I rigged it myself but now it won't export at all. 3DS just stops responding and forces me to close it. Would the poly count have anything to do with it? It's at around 34,000 faces.
Edited by darkassassin14 on Jan 19, 2014 at 10:40 AM

Kozakuu

Only the person who was wisdom can read the most.

Posted: Jan 22, 2014 05:40 AM    Msg. 5 of 9       
Off topic but if that screenshot is any indication the model isn't going to look all that fantastic in Halo. A better option would be the model from the PSP game which should fit better.

Kozakuu

Only the person who was wisdom can read the most.

Posted: Jan 22, 2014 06:17 AM    Msg. 6 of 9       
In modern custom edition yes but in comparison to stock halo 1 they look like they'd fit quite nicely. Of course there are higher poly options that are fanmade however.
E: there's actually a good looking model here
Edited by Kozakuu on Jan 22, 2014 at 06:19 AM

darkassassin14

El. Psy. Congroo.

Posted: Jan 24, 2014 11:22 AM    Msg. 7 of 9       
I believe I did get the psp version and I can't use blitzkrieg in max 9. Also, the dress was shortened to just a jacket. Pictures:

manmwale

Posted: Apr 11, 2014 05:37 AM    Msg. 8 of 9       
Hey...

Any model can export... if you spend lots of time learning how to solve problems
before you actually try anything!

change the model to editable mesh and split your model to head, arms, torso and legs.

hide each part your not working on at that time and skin it.

that should work.

if it give you too many errors about poly's the use the optimize option to reduce the poly count
on the model.

hope this helps.

manmwale

Posted: Apr 11, 2014 09:19 AM    Msg. 9 of 9       
Cool!!!

maybe i can ask you something a little bit off topic.

do you know how to add garbage tags to a biped or vehicle tag?

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun August 18, 2019 5:59 AM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website