A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Requiem: Extinction on Steroids...RELEASED

Author Topic: Requiem: Extinction on Steroids...RELEASED (12 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

CAG Gonzo

Retreat? Hell! We just got here!

Posted: Jan 23, 2014 10:01 PM    Msg. 1 of 12       
It is with a heavy heart that I formally announce the release of my incomplete map, commonly known as Requiem (a now obsolete name, but the map never had a true name, anyway). I have already submitted the .max file to Halomaps, but for the impatient, here's a link:

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/492329/gonzo-requiem-zip.html

Note that this is my 3D source file, not a CE map file.

Thank you to all who were active on my older thread, providing invaluable feedback, critique, and most importantly, motivation. I learned a lot while working on this bad boy. I still plan to continue working on this off and on, but I feel it is unfair to keep it from the community any longer when someone can benefit from it right now.

Those of you who download and find a use for something you found in the file, if you could be so kind as to let me know, either on this thread, through PM, or xfire, how you're using it, I would sincerely appreciate it. I am curious to see what you can come up with!

I'm reachable by my xfire greengonzo (if you add me, let me know that you came from this thread; I deny random requests). I'm not done with CE, Halo, or 3D modeling...I'm just getting started. slowly...bute surely
Edited by CAG Gonzo on Jan 23, 2014 at 10:28 PM

Nickster5000

Posted: Jan 23, 2014 10:04 PM    Msg. 2 of 12       
1st

just orgasmed

ChieftainSnipe

Flyin' High

Posted: Jan 23, 2014 10:24 PM    Msg. 3 of 12       
Are you kidding me? It only contains a .max file, not the actual .map file which I thought it was in the release.

CAG Gonzo

Posted: Jan 23, 2014 10:27 PM    Msg. 4 of 12       
I can put up a .map file if you want. It won't do anything and will probably crash CE, but it will be in the format you prefer.

On that note, I'll edit my original post to be specific about what the download contains.

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Jan 23, 2014 10:46 PM    Msg. 5 of 12       
It's a shame that it's incomplete, but I look forward to the day that it becomes playable. Always liked the concept.

CAG Gonzo

Posted: Jan 23, 2014 10:54 PM    Msg. 6 of 12       
Thanks! My hope is that someone better at making maps than I am will come along and pick up my pieces. I never got portalling down, and even when tool stopped whining about it, I still had clipping and portal glitches. No fun to see your work half gone because you have no idea which way a portal should face or even if one should be there.

Horeb

bananakid

Posted: Jan 23, 2014 11:02 PM    Msg. 7 of 12       
can you upload this file to other servers?!

CAG Gonzo

Posted: Jan 23, 2014 11:48 PM    Msg. 8 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: Horeb
can you upload this file to other servers?!

Other servers?

Tape City

New Flyer 2306: The Howler Monkey Bus

Posted: Jan 25, 2014 06:44 PM    Msg. 9 of 12       
its a shame you couldn't finish this. If I was a pro at making good maps then id offer to finish it for you. well I hope someone can start where you left off and finish it.

:)

Skidrow925

"ideological sense of respect and tact of a 5yo"

Posted: Jan 26, 2014 04:25 PM    Msg. 10 of 12       
Glad to see you got around to it.

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Jan 26, 2014 11:58 PM    Msg. 11 of 12       
Can someone ingame to see how it looks?

CAG Gonzo

Posted: Jan 27, 2014 02:52 PM    Msg. 12 of 12       
I was operating on a kernel design principle (model, map, and in-game a section of the map instead of all at once) and completely finished red side and was able to get it into Sapein. The portals suck, and the lightmaps aren't spectacular, but it should be possible to turn it into a full-fledged map. Additionally, because it is sealed with the exception of the tunnel leading to the minimap, it is a self-standing map in its own right and could be released as is (almost); it just isn't a good map for aerial vehicles but it could be decently fun for a ground-only map.

You want me to post a link for downloading the necessary Sapien files (BSP, bitmaps and shaders, etc.)? If so, what server is best? I've only uploaded images, so I am unfamiliar with the pros and cons of various file hosting services, and this site hasn't been updated in months, from what I can tell.
Edited by CAG Gonzo on Jan 27, 2014 at 02:53 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu October 17, 2019 1:35 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website