A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »request for me and my clan

Author Topic: request for me and my clan (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

HALOKING

Here I am, rocking like a haloking

Posted: Jan 25, 2014 03:50 PM    Msg. 1 of 6       
I am need a map made on both Halo CE and H2 for my clan the Golden Kings Clan as a homefront I have a 2 part forge map on Reach that would work well for CE if they were combined with added gold vehicles on the clan side of the map and a throne added to the meeting hall stage as for H2 a large canyon with a big modernized defensive castle with gold & the clans emblem on it with a throne room at its heart at one end and a smallish offensive beach bunker on the other is what I am looking for.

on a side note I want to replace my CE HUD with an Reach HUD and my H2 HUD with an H3 HUD but I don't have a clue how to do that but as I want to get in to Video Game programing its stuff that I need to know so I would appreciate if someone took me under there wing and helped learn how to do this type of stuff on my own
Edited by HALOKING on Jan 25, 2014 at 03:52 PM
Edited by HALOKING on Jan 25, 2014 at 04:05 PM

ZOBI3KING

Look at me, I'm the captain now.

Posted: Jan 25, 2014 04:56 PM    Msg. 2 of 6       
Quote: I need a Halo CE and Halo 2 map made for my clan, The Golden Kings Clan. The map would act as a "homefront" for my clan and it would be a conversion of a 2-part Halo Reach forge map I made. It would be nice if the CE map could have gold vehicles on the clan side of the map and a throne could be added to the meeting hall's stage. For the Halo 2 map, it would be a large canyon with a big modernized defensive castle with gold and the clan's emblem on it with a throne room at its heart at one end and a smallish offensive beach bunker on the other. Also, for the CE map I would like to use the Halo Reach HUD and the Halo 3 HUD on the Halo 2 map. I want to get into the video game industry and would appreciate it if someone could take me under there wing.

1. I fixed a lot of the grammar mistakes your post had so it is more understandable for others, I'm guessing English is not your primary language.
2. I'm not suggesting in any way that I will/would help you with this project of yours, but for those who will I would reccommend posting screenshots of your Halo Reach map and a link to the Halo Waypoint download page so those who have Reach can look through the map.
3. What do you want to learn; I know you said Video Game programming, but from what I can tell, you're using that as a broad term to basically say "I want to work on games." If you narrow down what you want to be (modeler, animator, game design, actual programming, ect.) there are many tutorials on youtube. Changing the HUD doesn't really deal with learning programming.

HALOKING

Posted: Jan 25, 2014 05:52 PM    Msg. 3 of 6       
English is my only language I just have disabilities that interfere with my ability to spell and use grammar as for the programing part I was referring to everything in the post not just changing the HUD
Edited by HALOKING on Jan 25, 2014 at 05:53 PM

ZOBI3KING

Look at me, I'm the captain now.

Posted: Jan 25, 2014 05:55 PM    Msg. 4 of 6       
Okay, try posts through Microsoft Word, it'll fix some grammar and spelling issues. Also there are many tutorials that can be found on this site, if you need me to link you the programs you'll need, just ask.

HALOKING

Posted: Jan 26, 2014 05:13 PM    Msg. 5 of 6       
OK here are the links to both parts of the map I had to make 1 into 2 due to the forging budget as for the screenshots they will take me a little more time

http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/haloreach/filebrowser/details/33043090

http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/haloreach/filebrowser/details/33043096

BTW I don't have Microsoft Word but I do have OpenOffice
Edited by HALOKING on Jan 26, 2014 at 05:16 PM

AlekosGR

ACE Moding Team (Azura Computer Entertainment)

Posted: Jan 27, 2014 12:14 AM    Msg. 6 of 6       
If you want to be part of the "video game industry" then don't start from Halo CE. It's engine is some times (well, most of it) a gigantic pain in the ass. Why don't you start from.. Unity? Unreal? CryEngine? Since it is for your clan though, I don't know. The engines I mentioned above though, have a complete set of tutorials and tools.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu February 27, 2020 3:54 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website