A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[MAP]Aquarii Final Release

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: [MAP]Aquarii Final Release (42 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Feb 12, 2014 09:59 PM    Msg. 1 of 42       
Name: Aquarii Final
Description: A luxurious underwater aquarium.
Release Date: 2/12/2014
Author: Higuy
Email: lucas@lucasgovatos.net
(note to Halomaps users: This is my portfolio website. Its currently in the process of being updated/created. If you for some strange reason want to check it out, most links are broken at the moment.)
Pics:

Notes:

A luxurious underwater aquarium.

This level took much inspiration from the original Halo levels Rat Race and Chiron TL-34, with its many ramps and teleporters giving players quick access to multiple points around the map.

BSP planning, modeling, unwrapping, lighting, and population by Higuy.
Thanks to AVP Dragon for the textures.
Thanks to Bobby Darin for his two tracks "Beyond the Sea" and "Mack the Knife" which are featured within the level.
Thanks to SBB Team and CE3 team (MattDratt) for allowing me to use their servers for server testing!
And Killa_FTW, thanks for all the fish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojydNb3Lrrs

As you can tell, this level greatly is based off of my previous map Garden in terms of aesthetics. This time however, I used default Halo lighting and still managed to find the results I wished for. I also believe the fidelity level was increased as well, with more knowledge acquired over the years of the HEK compared to when Garden was created way back in 2009.

Kinda just wanted to release the level and be done with it :-). Some small portal errors but nothing major.
Also, a quick note about the Sharks: They are AI. They have a small issue on servers: If you join during a game, they do not sync (as in, you will see their retarded bodies floating in the tank in random areas.) Not much I can do about that as far as I know but they look great for portfolio pieces and don't affect the gameplay :)

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Mirrors:
Halomaps: (Not yet available)
Lucasgovatos.net: http://lucasgovatos.net/downloads/aquarii_final.rar
Edited by Higuy on Feb 12, 2014 at 10:06 PM
Edited by Higuy on Feb 12, 2014 at 10:22 PM

Wiki

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Posted: Feb 12, 2014 10:01 PM    Msg. 2 of 42       
This looks lovely.

xnx

h2 marine anims or i detonate the vest

Posted: Feb 12, 2014 10:17 PM    Msg. 3 of 42       
*cough*gamenight*cough*

Spiral

I hope i'm out of the way

Posted: Feb 12, 2014 10:28 PM    Msg. 4 of 42       
love the map.
I went into the room with the shark and music and...

I have OS on if thats an issue.
only happened once so far

only happened twice so far
Edited by spiral on Feb 12, 2014 at 10:31 PM

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Feb 12, 2014 10:43 PM    Msg. 5 of 42       
I don't use OS and no one had an issue in our previous tests (we had alot of people test). Not sure if its the cause or not!

E: apparently I suck at compiling sounds and this is the same error that Lumoria had originally with the updated OGG files.
Edited by Higuy on Feb 12, 2014 at 10:45 PM

Delicon20

Still here. Still loves bacon

Posted: Feb 12, 2014 10:44 PM    Msg. 6 of 42       
I have OS and it hasn't crashed yet, so that can't be it.

Also, this map is a freaking masterpiece. It makes me want to go to the nearest hotel with an indoor pool. And watch Finding Nemo. At the same time.

MatthewDratt

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com

Posted: Feb 12, 2014 10:46 PM    Msg. 7 of 42       
Quote: --- Original message by: spiral

love the map.
I went into the room with the shark and music and...
http://gyazo.com/0b3d444e88d3f99d8ac1a98b50921925.png
I have OS on if thats an issue.
only happened once so far

only happened twice so far
Edited by spiral on Feb 12, 2014 at 10:31 PM

If you updated your OGGs, download these

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6240433/sound%20files.rar

gruntfromhalo

actual loli

Posted: Feb 12, 2014 10:57 PM    Msg. 8 of 42       
One, that's a beautiful map.

Two, that's an ugly portfolio.

But you say it's not done yet and the map more than makes up for it, nice work. The fish are cuties and I like the attention to detail throughout the map. The broken piranha tank was a nice touch, haha. Looking forward to seeing how the game play is. That is if anyone actually has a server running it ;_;

And yeah I was getting sound crashing too on both OS and vanilla I think but thanks to Mattdratt I think It's fixed.
Edited by gruntfromhalo on Feb 12, 2014 at 11:02 PM

MatthewDratt

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com

Posted: Feb 12, 2014 11:47 PM    Msg. 9 of 42       
Go play (until I need the server for gamenight purposes)

savinpvtmike

It's heavily inserted

Posted: Feb 12, 2014 11:51 PM    Msg. 10 of 42       
nice map best one i have seen yet

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Feb 13, 2014 01:01 AM    Msg. 11 of 42       
Welcome lol. Map isn't bad but is not OS friendly so I can't really check it out.

New001

Default Profile

Posted: Feb 13, 2014 01:31 AM    Msg. 12 of 42       
Awesome map for both visual and gameplay based. We need more maps like this and not Halo Reach and 4 garbage. Especially not more of Johnlex2's maps.. So now that we have an aquarium style map, an indoor airport next maybe?

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: Feb 13, 2014 05:08 AM    Msg. 13 of 42       
I like it a lot. Good Job Higuy. Once again you have made a decent map that works on multiple gametypes.

PRPatxi

Dennis, free me from this suffering

Posted: Feb 13, 2014 07:50 AM    Msg. 14 of 42       
Pretty good Higuy, 10/10. I'm making reviews for the Spanish community, I'l make one of this when Dennis uploads it to the site.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Feb 13, 2014 08:28 AM    Msg. 15 of 42       
Quote: --- Original message by: gruntfromhalo

One, that's a beautiful map.

Two, that's an ugly portfolio.

But you say it's not done yet and the map more than makes up for it, nice work.

Thanks for the comments - can you please elaborate what you dislike about the home pages layout/colors/etc? Would be much more helpful than just "its ugly" :)

And thanks for all the comments guys, I appreciate all the positive feedback so far :)
Edited by Higuy on Feb 13, 2014 at 08:31 AM

Kozakuu

Only the person who was wisdom can read the most.

Posted: Feb 13, 2014 09:25 AM    Msg. 16 of 42       
2 things I noticed on first glance.

Top of page isn't aligned to well, the top of the page. You need to set up a vertical margin.
The positioning of your email makes it difficult to read. If you want people to remember something, you need to make the information as clear as possible.

antiblood

Hail satan, smoke mehth

Posted: Feb 13, 2014 05:32 PM    Msg. 17 of 42       
Thats phucking nice

gruntfromhalo

actual loli

Posted: Feb 13, 2014 05:37 PM    Msg. 18 of 42       
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
can you please elaborate what you dislike about the home pages layout/colors/etc? Would be much more helpful than just "its ugly" :)
Sure thing.

The top left text on the header looks nice and clean but the right I'm not too fond of. It doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the design. For the labels of the pictures, I'd use the same font you use elsewhere to help unify the design. Your email address looks kind of slapped on there. I'd move it somewhere else personally, maybe have a contact page or something with different ways to get in touch. Having the home and resume buttons on different vertical plains looks a bit off to me, I'd just put them at the same height. Make sure you're using a grid when positioning everything, it makes it look cleaner and more unified. The logos for them also are in different art styles. If you've got drawing skills I'd make your own in some generic logo style, and get a unified color scheme going. If the home logo is going to have color, I'd put color in the resume logo too, and the same colors. The email being blue doesn't really help with the unified color scheme: its not really important people know its a link when most people will probably just copy and paste it instead, haha. But ideally I'd move it elsewhere as said before. The body of the page is plain but works good enough. The big problem in my opinion is that it doesn't fit all on my screen vertically. You could compress it a bit or make them horizontal maybe.

ZOBI3KING

Look at me, I'm the captain now.

Posted: Feb 13, 2014 06:48 PM    Msg. 19 of 42       
I'll get straight to playing this out when I have the time. Looks good, can't wait to play it.

DOOM899

{DM} [gamesmaster] if i can ill help maybe

Posted: Feb 13, 2014 07:09 PM    Msg. 20 of 42       
playing a bit of your map I see t look good but the fish animations don't look that good
you need to make them move a lot more and the Sharks animations to need to move bit more I do like this new map and it dose look good tho
Edited by DOOM899 on Feb 13, 2014 at 07:10 PM

xnx

h2 marine anims or i detonate the vest

Posted: Feb 13, 2014 07:43 PM    Msg. 21 of 42       

That didn't take long.
Also where the hell is everybody? This map is gorgeous! Honestly this is one of the most aesthetically pleasing multiplayer maps that I've seen. I've only been here for a year, though. This is going to look pretty good on your resume/portfolio.

PRPatxi

Posted: Feb 13, 2014 08:00 PM    Msg. 22 of 42       
Quote: --- Original message by: xnx

Also where the hell is everybody? This map is gorgeous! Honestly this is one of the most aesthetically pleasing multiplayer maps that I've seen. I've only been here for a year, though. This is going to look pretty good on your resume/portfolio.

Me no speako engilshh!!!
Edited by PRPatxi on Feb 13, 2014 at 08:01 PM

PRPatxi

Posted: Feb 13, 2014 08:15 PM    Msg. 23 of 42       
Quote: --- Original message by: Waffles
YOKO. I continue to praise your tastes Higuy.

Gurren Lagann is Kinda old lol

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Feb 13, 2014 08:21 PM    Msg. 24 of 42       

Higuy doesnt watch contemporary stuff. For an old show its still good. Besides there isnt much of anything good to watch this season anyway.
Edited by Waffles on Feb 13, 2014 at 08:21 PM

I watched Gurren Lagann years ago - fantastic show. I actually built Yoko's sniper rifle, which you can actually find on Garden CE if you look hard enough :)

Quote: --- Original message by: gruntfromhalo
can you please elaborate what you dislike about the home pages layout/colors/etc? Would be much more helpful than just "its ugly" :)
Sure thing.

The top left text on the header looks nice and clean but the right I'm not too fond of. It doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the design. For the labels of the pictures, I'd use the same font you use elsewhere to help unify the design. Your email address looks kind of slapped on there. I'd move it somewhere else personally, maybe have a contact page or something with different ways to get in touch. Having the home and resume buttons on different vertical plains looks a bit off to me, I'd just put them at the same height. Make sure you're using a grid when positioning everything, it makes it look cleaner and more unified. The logos for them also are in different art styles. If you've got drawing skills I'd make your own in some generic logo style, and get a unified color scheme going. If the home logo is going to have color, I'd put color in the resume logo too, and the same colors. The email being blue doesn't really help with the unified color scheme: its not really important people know its a link when most people will probably just copy and paste it instead, haha. But ideally I'd move it elsewhere as said before. The body of the page is plain but works good enough. The big problem in my opinion is that it doesn't fit all on my screen vertically. You could compress it a bit or make them horizontal maybe.

I did some fixing to fix the header - I have however found out that for some reason, in Google Chrome, the images do not line up correctly. If you look in Firefox you will probably get a better understanding for what im going for, but I'll have to fix the chrome stuff!! Good crit none the less
Edited by Higuy on Feb 13, 2014 at 08:24 PM

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Feb 13, 2014 08:27 PM    Msg. 25 of 42       
wut is this cartoon stuff why it gotta ruin everything 0/10 if this in lumoria without me knowing i mad.

i am retard btw.

P3

Posted: Feb 13, 2014 08:29 PM    Msg. 26 of 42       
So you are still keeping that floor texture? :(

PRPatxi

Posted: Feb 13, 2014 08:33 PM    Msg. 27 of 42       

Higuy doesnt watch contemporary stuff. For an old show its still good. Besides there isnt much of anything good to watch this season anyway.
Edited by Waffles on Feb 13, 2014 at 08:21 PM

I haven't watched anything from 2013-2014 and from 2012 I only saw Another, Hightschool DxD and Dusk maiden of Amnesia xD and 2 episodes of Initial D. I prefer X<2011

Kozakuu

Only the person who was wisdom can read the most.

Posted: Feb 13, 2014 09:02 PM    Msg. 28 of 42       
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEVKvI9op8U
DOKI DOKI EVRY TIEM

Obligatory
http://youtu.be/9zZjSMED0IE

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Feb 13, 2014 09:26 PM    Msg. 29 of 42       
oh god no plz im sorry i was jk i swaer.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Feb 13, 2014 09:28 PM    Msg. 30 of 42       

Cransalad

Posted: Feb 14, 2014 10:50 AM    Msg. 31 of 42       
so much bathroom tile... gives me a headache

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Feb 14, 2014 04:04 PM    Msg. 32 of 42       
Quote: --- Original message by: Cransalad

Lol.

My website is now fully available - believe I fixed most errors on all browsers and everything should work. Any criticism on it would be very helpful. Thanks.

http://www.lucasgovatos.net/

darksoldier

Helo my friend, it's time to fight ;)

Posted: Feb 14, 2014 04:17 PM    Msg. 33 of 42       
Very nice map Higuy ! Nice job !

PRPatxi

Posted: Feb 14, 2014 09:14 PM    Msg. 34 of 42       
Quote: --- Original message by: Cransalad

Lol.

My website is now fully available - believe I fixed most errors on all browsers and everything should work. Any criticism on it would be very helpful. Thanks.

Higuy I would keep resume to one page only, looks more professional when looking for a job, that's what they taught us in University!

gruntfromhalo

actual loli

Posted: Feb 14, 2014 09:50 PM    Msg. 35 of 42       

Lookin' better. Couple things though. I personally liked the title bar full width instead of the same width as the center thing. For the game icon, doing a mouseover image with the green changing to orange might look good. For the resume icon you could rip off something like this
http://icons.iconarchive.com/icons/visualpharm/icons8-metro-style/512/Very-Basic-Document-icon.png
it looks like it would fit in nicely with the controller.
Edited by gruntfromhalo on Feb 14, 2014 at 09:50 PM

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun January 19, 2020 9:43 AM 1,218 ms.
A Halo Maps Website