A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »HCEA Texture Requests

Page 4 of 5 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · 3 · [4] · 5 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: HCEA Texture Requests (158 messages, Page 4 of 5)
Moderators: Dennis

Sprinkle

Posted: Feb 19, 2014 11:36 PM    Msg. 106 of 158       
Quote: --- Original message by: master noob
give a man a fish, he eats for a day.
show a man how to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.

tell a man to go fishing and he looks at you like you're some sheltered weirdo. and he starves to death. for shame.

So how did the first man learn how to fish if there was no one to teach him how ? I guess you could call him god LOL. Show enough men how to fish and you eventually get overfishing and kill off entire populations of fish, then no one can fish :). Anyways if you want to look at this from a more meaningful angle, you can teach a man how to build a pyramid but that doesn't mean he can build one. (no not a lego pyramid sorry)

Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
L0d3x is to busy slaving away at something that's actually productful rather than engaging in a stupid Halomaps debate.

Also, he lost his password for his account;

Too bad he couldn't have found something to occupy himself with a long time ago.
Edited by Sprinkle on Feb 19, 2014 at 11:40 PM

Banshee64

oify

Posted: Feb 19, 2014 11:45 PM    Msg. 107 of 158       
Quote: --- Original message by: ShadowSpartan
Quote: --- Original message by: Banshee64
At this point I am certain you're just skimming what I post for things to counter-argue instead of reading them. Again, I've gotten models and textures (I never actually figured out the textures) from Halo Wars and done some animation and model research for Halo 2 that had not been done before. I am very aware of the time and work and concentration that is put into getting an understanding of these formats. That's why it's so important for us to work together instead of in isolation, but I've totally given up on convincing you. I get a very condescending vibe from your replies.

No, unlike some people on this forum (not saying you) I actually read posts in their entirety. I did not think you did any work on your own because you haven't exactly been one to go around talking about it or sharing your information, yet you expect myself and others to be public with our work. I'm not going to reiterate my reasoning yet again on why I am remaining closed source. I have my reasons, and I honestly do not care if you dislike them. It is my decision, end of story.

I can respect that. I don't like it but I can respect it. I've not released most of what I've done because the programming side of my work is almost always shotty and unprofessional (not that I'm not doing anything to alleviate that). Another reason is a lack of interest in Halo 2 and Halo Wars content when Halo 4 content is being ripped (eeew).

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Feb 20, 2014 02:24 AM    Msg. 108 of 158       
Quote: --- Original message by: Sprinkle

Quote: --- Original message by: master noob
give a man a fish, he eats for a day.
show a man how to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.

tell a man to go fishing and he looks at you like you're some sheltered weirdo. and he starves to death. for shame.

So how did the first man learn how to fish if there was no one to teach him how ? I guess you could call him god LOL. Show enough men how to fish and you eventually get overfishing and kill off entire populations of fish, then no one can fish :). Anyways if you want to look at this from a more meaningful angle, you can teach a man how to build a pyramid but that doesn't mean he can build one. (no not a lego pyramid sorry)

Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
L0d3x is to busy slaving away at something that's actually productful rather than engaging in a stupid Halomaps debate.

Also, he lost his password for his account;

Too bad he couldn't have found something to occupy himself with a long time ago.
Edited by Sprinkle on Feb 19, 2014 at 11:40 PM

He learned, by trying and failing.

Right?

master noob

343Industries Advocate

Posted: Feb 20, 2014 03:01 AM    Msg. 109 of 158       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI
He learned, by trying and failing.

Right?

iirc story goes that he learned because the fish target unmoving insects and, by using hook and bait, he replicated that, but I don't think file formats show us how to decode themselves. can't remember but I think it's in some buddhist writing somewhere.
Edited by master noob on Feb 20, 2014 at 03:02 AM

Rosanna Weyland

Up and down, and all around.

Posted: Feb 20, 2014 05:54 AM    Msg. 110 of 158       
Actually no, it does not fall under that category. It is a completely different ball game making your own application. Also, Adjutant is not open source, you have chosen to keep it closed source.

If I had permission to be handing out the source code, I'd be doing so. Keeping the code closed-source is not my decision, I'm simply respecting the wishes of the content creator - I think this is something even you could get behind, surely?

But you griped Gravemind all the way out of the community for little more than "OH MY GOD HE REFERENCED MY EARLIER WORKS", so there's little wonder he's reluctant to let other people on board with his work.

Have I given you a clue?

TheChunkierBean

This Bean is Cooking!!

Posted: Feb 20, 2014 08:24 AM    Msg. 111 of 158       
Halo CEA textures!

Sprinkle

Posted: Feb 20, 2014 09:22 AM    Msg. 112 of 158       
Quote: --- Original message by: The Doctor
I like VB.Net...

You should try any C-like language, Java/C#/etc, you will rue the day you ever had to type "end #words#".

Hammad

Imagination is more important than knowledge

Posted: Feb 20, 2014 09:50 AM    Msg. 113 of 158       
It is my decision, end of story.

PRPatxi

Dennis, free me from this suffering

Posted: Feb 20, 2014 12:04 PM    Msg. 114 of 158       
Did you ran out of textures to extract or just too occupied?

ShadowSpartan

Posted: Feb 20, 2014 01:08 PM    Msg. 115 of 158       
Quote: --- Original message by: Rosanna Weyland
If I had permission to be handing out the source code, I'd be doing so. Keeping the code closed-source is not my decision, I'm simply respecting the wishes of the content creator - I think this is something even you could get behind, surely?

Yes that is understandable, people need to respect other people's decisions. However, the majority of that codebase is not even his own work.

But you griped Gravemind all the way out of the community for little more than "OH MY GOD HE REFERENCED MY EARLIER WORKS", so there's little wonder he's reluctant to let other people on board with his work.

Do not blame me for him leaving, that rests on the shoulders of the people that gave him grief over not releasing the Halo 4 stuff sooner, coupled with the fact that he had exhausted all of public/leaked research and did not have the expertise to figure stuff out on his own. He did little work on his own.

I am getting rather tired of you acting as if you know so much, when in reality you know very little about the games or the members of the community. You need to stop making stuff up out of thin air and spreading lies in order to try and make a quick argument. I have caught you multiple times now making claims that are incorrect. To name a few off the top of my head:

• They reused the chief asset from Anniversary for Halo 4 - made up out of thin air

• Zteam rode on the backs of others - a lie to try and discredit myself and my former team

• Saying that you know that I worked on Alteration - I did not, which shows how little you know about myself and the community as a whole

• Adjutant's "shell" has been complete rewritten using open source material - made up out of thin air

• Saying that I was giving Gravemind grief about holding back Halo 4 stuff - a lie to try and prove a point of yours

• Claiming that I was the one to drive Gravemind out of the community - a lie made up to yet again try and make me look bad

Your behavior of lying about stuff you have no clue about needs to stop. Stop blindly jumping on the hatred bandwagon, and instead get your facts straight about what is true and what actually happened in the past. Do not make false claims when you have no evidence to back it up, which you have done time and time again.

Quote: --- Original message by: The Doctor
I like VB.Net...

You should try any C-like language, Java/C#/etc, you will rue the day you ever had to type "end #words#".

This. I completely agree. For making the transition from VB.net to a C-like language, the best would be C# in my opinion. Trust me, you will never look back again at VB.net, and wonder how you ever programmed using it.

killzone64

if im not at my pc im at the racetrack

Posted: Feb 20, 2014 01:18 PM    Msg. 116 of 158       
the community as a whole drove gravemind out. not shadow spartan. seriously, i cannot believe the amount of butthurt in this thread, its borderline ridiculous. and idk why people are so pissed at zteam and its former members for not releasing their tools to the community when it is your fault in the first place.

Limited

Posted: Feb 20, 2014 01:21 PM    Msg. 117 of 158       
Figured I would swing in here and throw a post on considering there has been some hilariously wild and stupid things said.

You all talk about how open source is so great, and will be the life line this community needs! Why do you even think having the source will accomplish that? You say its a small community, and somehow draw the conclusion that having source will do something with that, it won't magically double the community size, it won't even double the knowledge of current community.

Some fool said picking up a programming language is easy nowadays - I'm sorry, why on earth has it become easier to learn? Have we really evolved as humans in the past 20 years that we now all have the ability to learn it like we are in the Matrix?

As someone who has now been coding more than half my life, and Halo being the sole reason I picked up programming and made it into a career, Halo has a special place in my heart. I 'know' a whole multitude of languages, when I started back in the halo-mods.com and halomods.com days, none of us were spoon fed knowledge. We had to learn it and pick up the knowledge ourselves.

Id like to point out that I was the first to 'release' information on scripting (am still sorry Korn <3), and I got so much hate for it from both sides. Looking back I did it in the wrong way, and I take no credit for any scrap of scripting knowledge as it was totally from other people. Do people thank me for that? No. Are people still pissed? No they probably forgot about it. My point is, it is as important the delivery of information, as it is the fact you are getting information. I still feel Korn made a stupid mistake putting that heavily encrypted rar HS Bible out there, which he has said in the past had total BS content anyways.

I was the first person to be killed by an aimbot, I was the first person (besides Jahrain, aka creator) to have the aimbot source code. Did I think, omg I can give people knowledge? Of course not. I'm not saying map extraction tools are in any way comparable to an aimbot. What I'm saying is don't just assume open source will be the answer to all your problems.

tl;dr

In summary, I'm on the fence regarding giving out the source, you still need to learn it, I feel you all need to respect the creators wish, kind of exactly how you need to all respect the game makers wish not to have all the assets posted all over the internet, but thats another whole argument.

Shadowspartan works and makes things because he likes the challenge, he likes having to figure out things, he doesnt do it for all the glory, but he, like anyone else, wants credit where its due and that hasnt happened in the past. I got forced out of the community because people I respected stole things and ideas from me, it left a bad taste in my mouth and made me wonder why I bothered.

Megatron

Working on something good.

Posted: Feb 20, 2014 02:33 PM    Msg. 118 of 158       
My texture request; just the BSP and textures for d20/Keyes.

My words to Shadow Spartan;

I would not take the vast majority of users here seriously. Despite their vocabulary, topic, and linguistic knowledge, you are dealing with children (and sadly adults and teens) that are less mature than abnormally bratty preschool students.

Basically, you're just arguing with a pack of angry idiots that are mentally incapable of spending their time doing what this forum was founded for; that of course being the creation of content for Halo Custom Edition. A reason why I'm typically inactive on here; I'm not a kid person, and I take it that you don't get along with kids real well yourself.

My point, don't waste your time arguing with morons that are less mature than three year olds, because that is identical to what this is.

They might know programming, they might have decent spelling and grammar, they might have understanding of concepts too advanced for children, but the maturity level is inferior. That should be enough reason to avoid them.

Ultimately, in any community of any FPS game series, you're bound to wind up in places more uncivilized than day care centers crammed with horribly behaved toddlers. Even the little kids of the Pokemon fanbase are more mature than 90% of all the users on here, or in any Halo or Call of Duty forum. You'll meet very few people worth tolerating.

That being said, the only reason why anybody should bother coming on here is to help themselves get through rough spots in their projects.

ShadowSpartan, I suggest that you do not waste your time arguing with the stupid *** morons on here, and actually help those who you think deserve it.

Don't take them seriously, they're just a bunch of losers that don't have the mental capabilities to find anything better to do, don't let them get you down. Nor should you let them stop you from doing what you like to do.

Overall, stay positive, and overlook the idiocy of the majority of this forum, which you and me aren't part of.

Rosanna Weyland

Posted: Feb 20, 2014 02:59 PM    Msg. 119 of 158       
Do not blame me for him leaving, that rests on the shoulders of the people that gave him grief over not releasing the Halo 4 stuff sooner, coupled with the fact that he had exhausted all of public/leaked research and did not have the expertise to figure stuff out on his own. He did little work on his own.

You say that, and yet there are things I know, which you don't. Again, upon which basis do you make this accusation? From what I see, Gravemind left because you, and everybody else, got on his case for not releasing content to the community's schedule - not because he exhausted any research. Adjutant's doing just swell without having to be based upon your work, believe me. You're not some messiah, Halo Maps will go along just fine without you.

killzone64

if im not at my pc im at the racetrack

Posted: Feb 20, 2014 03:07 PM    Msg. 120 of 158       
and round two ding, the argument was as good as dead. please quit this useless bickering. it just distracts everyone from the topic at hand

ShadowSpartan

Posted: Feb 20, 2014 03:08 PM    Msg. 121 of 158       

You say that, and yet there are things I know, which you don't. Again, upon which basis do you make this accusation? From what I see, Gravemind left because you, and everybody else, got on his case for not releasing content to the community's schedule - not because he exhausted any research. Adjutant's doing just swell without having to be based upon your work, believe me. You're not some messiah, Halo Maps will go along just fine without you.

Oh trust me, I know more than you think I do. I love how you completely ignored the majority of my post, and clearly did not read it. Yet again, let me state that I did not "get on his case" for not releasing content. You need to stop making up lies to try and prove your misguided points. I never said that Halomaps could not go on without me, I guess that is another thing I can add to the list of my previous post.

Also, the last time I checked, Adjutant has had very little work done under your guidance. Elijah has even admitted that most of the Halo 4 models have problems, which Gravemind never fixed, and neither have you. Adjutant is indeed using some of my leaked work, I know that for a fact. Stop living in your own little fantasy world and actually admit that you have been lying left and right.

Megatron

Posted: Feb 20, 2014 03:15 PM    Msg. 122 of 158       
Quote: --- Original message by: ActivatedTrapCard
Pokemon is one those games that awards you for being more social towards other players.

Regardless, the immaturity of the Halo fanbase is repulsive. FPS fanbases should not be so juvenile that a kiddy series like Pokemon ends up having more mature players than a game series intended only for those past a childhood age.

An adult should not be more immature than a little kid who is barely of preschool age.

Banshee64

oify

Posted: Feb 20, 2014 04:21 PM    Msg. 123 of 158       
How the hell did this conversation get this off track.

Megatron

Posted: Feb 20, 2014 10:21 PM    Msg. 124 of 158       
Quote: --- Original message by: Banshee64
How the hell did this conversation get this off track.

A combination of bad parenting + computers, that's the biggest reason.

Delicon20

Still here. Still loves bacon

Posted: Feb 20, 2014 10:25 PM    Msg. 125 of 158       
this is one bigass off topic conversation *BA-DUM TSHHH*

referencing maps in threads is cool

Edited by Delicon20 on Feb 20, 2014 at 10:25 PM

MatthewDratt

Newly redesigned MattDratt.com

Posted: Feb 21, 2014 02:23 AM    Msg. 126 of 158       
Can I request more cliff textures plz and thxs

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Feb 21, 2014 02:27 AM    Msg. 127 of 158       
Yea wheres my dang texture yo.

Banshee64

oify

Posted: Feb 21, 2014 11:11 AM    Msg. 128 of 158       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh

Question for SS, assuming you know C++. Did you ever consider helping with OS?
Edited by Mootjuh on Feb 21, 2014 at 04:22 AM

Let's direct the SS Q&A somewhere else.

Banshee64

oify

Posted: Feb 21, 2014 11:26 AM    Msg. 129 of 158       
Social rejects on Halomaps exposed!!

Finally made it in one of these!!

Sprinkle

Posted: Feb 21, 2014 01:26 PM    Msg. 130 of 158       

Lol it's funny cause you have to have no life to make a video like that (hence why you are the only one doing it ;P), let alone put a mask on and record yourself for it.

Rosanna Weyland

Posted: Feb 21, 2014 07:37 PM    Msg. 131 of 158       

Any publicity, etc.

Sprinkle

Posted: Feb 21, 2014 11:21 PM    Msg. 132 of 158       
Lol it's funny cause you have to have no life to make a video like that (hence why you are the only one doing it ;P), let alone put a mask on and record yourself for it.

LOL

I couldn't hear anything, should re-record it but this time speak louder.

Megatron

Posted: Feb 23, 2014 05:01 PM    Msg. 133 of 158       
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812

I'm wondering the same with the other requests.

Bungie LLC

friendly neighborhood contrarian funposter

Posted: Feb 23, 2014 09:31 PM    Msg. 134 of 158       
Quote: --- Original message by: Limited
-snip-

i'd say you're the epitome of an elitist, regarding your posting history and behavior ;^)

stay dead, buddy. no one really cares about your opinions and arrogant demeanor, except maybe those who are like you. the only time people will care, is when you post that one, shiny blue hyperlink in a post that leads to a download of something fundamentally great; a tool, a tag, that someone else in this community can use as they please to make their game more fun. it's about the content, not about what you say or think, or the credit you think you deserve. but even though you've been here, in the halo modding community for all this time you preach about, like it's some sort of virtue, or something, you still haven't leaned this, and thus you have earned my pity.
Edited by Bungie LLC on Feb 23, 2014 at 09:32 PM

bourrin33

HEK not installed tho

Posted: Feb 24, 2014 03:04 PM    Msg. 135 of 158       
Quote: --- Original message by: Bungie LLC

Quote: --- Original message by: Limited
-snip-

i'd say you're the epitome of an elitist, regarding your posting history and behavior ;^)

stay dead, buddy. no one really cares about your opinions and arrogant demeanor, except maybe those who are like you. the only time people will care, is when you post that one, shiny blue hyperlink in a post that leads to a download of something fundamentally great; a tool, a tag, that someone else in this community can use as they please to make their game more fun. it's about the content, not about what you say or think, or the credit you think you deserve. but even though you've been here, in the halo modding community for all this time you preach about, like it's some sort of virtue, or something, you still haven't leaned this, and thus you have earned my pity.
Edited by Bungie LLC on Feb 23, 2014 at 09:32 PM

Why are you always acting like you're any good or have a reason to be considered as a person with useful comments ?
Edit : I see you are sometimes talking about calling people "elitists", do you happen to have a phallus complex ?
Edited by bourrin33 on Feb 24, 2014 at 03:07 PM

Existence

Existence is my name, trolling Patxi is my game

Posted: Feb 26, 2014 08:51 AM    Msg. 136 of 158       
I want Cliff and ground textures.

Rosanna Weyland

Posted: Feb 26, 2014 01:38 PM    Msg. 137 of 158       
Quote: --- Original message by: Not A Pervert
I also like how this Rosana Whattywhat is competing against SS for his ego booster, that kid is the same HaloExtreme117 kid.

You had me right up until you started spouting that BS. Post invalidated, 0/10, disregard for monumental sucker of roosters.

Bungie LLC

friendly neighborhood contrarian funposter

Posted: Feb 26, 2014 08:52 PM    Msg. 138 of 158       
Quote: --- Original message by: bourrin33
Why are you always acting like you're any good or have a reason to be considered as a person with useful comments ?
Edit : I see you are sometimes talking about calling people "elitists", do you happen to have a phallus complex ?
Edited by bourrin33 on Feb 24, 2014 at 03:07 PM

because they're true.

yeah, i've got a dick.

Sprinkle

Posted: Feb 28, 2014 03:52 PM    Msg. 139 of 158       
Quote: --- Original message by: Not A Pervert

Wow, you judge so quickly. I know him, CaptainVidya or what he call himself, he has a office job on that company (I forgot the name) and he just have the spare time to do that video.

That's what a first impression is called, though too bad all he does in his spare time is go around trolling a community full of children.

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Feb 28, 2014 05:51 PM    Msg. 140 of 158       
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812

Page 4 of 5 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · 3 · [4] · 5 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu February 21, 2019 6:10 PM 157 ms.
A Halo Maps Website