A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Projects you've wanted to do but never had resources to make

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: Projects you've wanted to do but never had resources to make (70 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

MatthewDratt

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com

Posted: Mar 9, 2014 11:24 PM    Msg. 1 of 70       
Fun thread time!

What are some CE projects in your mind that you've wanted to make but never had the resources/time/knowledge to make?

For me, of course, it's gonna be a single player related thing. I've always wanted to do a weekly episode thing. Each map would be roughly 5-15 minutes long and there'd be around 5-10 maps and I would make them all and then release them weekly. It'd be interesting and keep new maps coming in for a while. But I'm currently stuck up in 2 big single-player maps on my own + CE3 + random other stuff I do for people.

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Mar 9, 2014 11:46 PM    Msg. 2 of 70       
A bigass ripoff. Which i got the barebones bsp done. But it..... ruined my life.

Also lol dratt trying to ripoff spartan ops with takedown ops or whatever.
Edited by MEGASEAN2812 on Mar 9, 2014 at 11:48 PM

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Mar 9, 2014 11:51 PM    Msg. 3 of 70       
At one time I wanted to create a multi-level campaign, with a massive first-person drop pod sequence at the beginning. Before I had scrapped it, I had completed around 5 or 6 BSPs. One of them, the drop pod bay, was later used as a "history room" in Firefight-Descent.

Edited by MoooseGuy on Mar 10, 2014 at 12:19 AM

Dwood

Judge Ye Therefore

Posted: Mar 9, 2014 11:58 PM    Msg. 4 of 70       
I'd like to have done a campaign or two. I was 1) too lazy and 2) ran out of time. and 3) during the heaviest phase of my modding days, I was doing firefight descent, and it ran out of time. :(

Edit: not a mod as much, but more on style with the flood campaign or the lumoria campaign.
Edited by Dwood on Mar 9, 2014 at 11:58 PM

renegade343

CE3 Stage Modeler, Editor, and Writer

Posted: Mar 9, 2014 11:59 PM    Msg. 5 of 70       
There's a five-part campaign series and a multiplayer map (I made a thread on it a LONG time ago) that I've wanted to work on basically since I made an account here...

The campaign's basically about a group of ODSTs defecting to a rebel group after seeing some of the less humane things the UNSC is capable of... It would've felt like something in between George Orwell's 1984, House of Cards and the first Star Wars movie based on events in Contact Harvest and the time between Halo 3 and 4.

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Mar 10, 2014 12:00 AM    Msg. 6 of 70       
I forgot to mention my campaign ideas which i think ive told you before dratt.
i changed it here and there but overall it seems too ambitous for me to do.
im still gonna keep it locked up incase i want to get back to it someday.
Edited by MEGASEAN2812 on Mar 10, 2014 at 12:03 AM

xnx

h2 marine anims or i detonate the vest

Posted: Mar 10, 2014 12:12 AM    Msg. 7 of 70       
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812

I forgot to mention my campaign ideas which i think ive told you before dratt.
i changed it here and there but overall it seems too ambitous for me to do.
im still gonna keep it locked up incase i want to get back to it someday.
Edited by MEGASEAN2812 on Mar 10, 2014 at 12:03 AM

That. I've worked pretty extensively on some ideas, but all with pen and paper. I'm not exactly skilled enough to successfully execute some of these ideas, but at least I know my way around geurilla and sapien well. Gotta take baby steps.

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Mar 10, 2014 12:17 AM    Msg. 8 of 70       
I had an idea for an infection-based multiplayer map set in a relatively large, urban area, with weapons and supplies scattered throughout the city in designated safe zones. The equipment available in these areas would have very long respawn times, meaning that survivors would be forced to keep moving throughout the city as the supplies ran out at each location. I wanted the safe rooms to feature things like wooden barricades that would have to be smashed out of the way to gain entry (they'd respawn after thirty seconds or so), but I never really found out how to do that, and I didn't have an ideal BSP to go off of.

I figured a space battle map could be cool, but lacked the resources to do one justice. Each team would have a UNSC vessel (or perhaps one team would have a UNSC ship while the other had a Covenant one), probably a frigate, serving as their base of operations. These vessels would sport hangar bays (probably shielded, to make it harder to fire into them from the outside) for fighters, bombers, and dropships, as well as a number of defensive turrets along the outer hull. There'd be a few interior corridors and rooms, nothing too elaborate, but just enough to make shipboard combat interesting; armories, airlocks, barracks, control rooms, that sorta thing. The flags would be kept on each vessel's respective bridge. Something would have to occupy the space between the two vessels, though, so you couldn't just sniper ships from across the void as they left the hangar: a floating scrapyard, perhaps, full of wreckage and debris.
Edited by Echo77 on Mar 10, 2014 at 12:29 AM

ally

Aye Ready

Posted: Mar 10, 2014 12:59 AM    Msg. 9 of 70       
Quote: --- Original message by: renegade343
There's a five-part campaign series and a multiplayer map (

I remember it now looking at the thread, but had totally forgot all about it up to now.

MatthewDratt

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com

Posted: Mar 10, 2014 01:33 AM    Msg. 10 of 70       
Another one for me: D-Puzzle. Every year I'm like "ahh yeah I should bring that back" "oh new OS feature! I could use that in D-puzzle" and then every time I don't make it.

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Mar 10, 2014 01:45 AM    Msg. 11 of 70       
You should. Cuzz THE BSPS ARE FRIKIN CUBES.

Slap Happy

Life ain't fair, buy a helmet.

Posted: Mar 10, 2014 02:09 AM    Msg. 12 of 70       
Basic multiplayer: masterchief vs covenant. I am aware there is a biped with permus for both elite and the mc. This is a better idea.

I suggest a simple spawning method for the game: Members of the elite/covenant team spawn in an area out of sight, but above a multi permu elite biped (Teh Lags elite) and perhaps a random grunt or two. Using bump posession, when the elite teams cyborg collides with the elite biped, they control the elite. A script could then assign the right weapon set, destroy the players mc, then teleport the elite player to a randomized spawn location and their gameplay begins. The bump possession script could allow/disallow possession when in/out of the spawn area as a boolean.

Simple to do/script. No one has done it yet. Vehicles would need markers for both the mc and the elite, and instead of trying to set allow both to use covenant and human weapons (problems with first person and anims would ensue) have humans/covenant only able to use their own weaponry. Once the elite players mc is destroyed bump possession boolean disables them from continuing to do so in the game area.

An interesting type of game would be free for all, random selection of spawns, which would control the bump possession and therefore; multiple characters in multiplayer game without the need to rig multi permu characters to mc boneset and multiple weapon sets with markers for both.

Another variant could be in a small close quarters map, bump possession enabled, and multi-bipeds - "Juggernaught" or "it" would be a riot as the player would bump possession from player to player making it more difficult to read (would require scripting as when you change characters, you get a new objectid, therefore the visible target would not follow you).

Using devmode bump possession on a variety of single player maps has shown interesting results as AI don't always detect you when you become one of them. So, what if your team assignment remains the same, but you take over the body of your enemy? I see a world of new gametypes with this idea.

I am now significantly better at scripting than I used to be, but I don't have the time. So anyone up for it?

Halo: Covenant vs UNSC
Halo: ODST vs Masterchiefs
Halo: Flood vs Covenant
etc
Star wars: Republic vs Empire, or CIS, etc.

Edited by Slap Happy on Mar 10, 2014 at 02:18 AM

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Mar 10, 2014 02:15 AM    Msg. 13 of 70       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh
Seriously, I need people.
Edited by Mootjuh on Mar 10, 2014 at 02:01 AM

Anything i can help on? Im not good at bsp but i can do weapon models.

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Mar 10, 2014 02:26 AM    Msg. 14 of 70       
You should use a kinect or find someone who has one. Mocap is pretty neato.

Hobbet360

ProTools > ToolPro

Posted: Mar 10, 2014 02:35 AM    Msg. 15 of 70       
Well 2 years of slow work could be posted... but that would be slow....

I'll do it anyway.

Name: Nyx Trilogy.

Author: Hobbet360.

Type of project: Single player.

Sub-type: Multi-map campaign.

Sub-Sub-type: 3 episodes, full or 6 or more Halo-length levels in each.

Sub-sub-sub-type: CUSTOM!!!!

Resources needed:
-An animator. (Action cinematics, I can do the basic ones.
-A cinematic guru.
-Numerous voice actors.
-Another modeler.
-UV-artist/s.
-Tagger/s.
-Rigger/s.
-Encounter guru.
-Other stuff I forgot.

Help?

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Mar 10, 2014 02:48 AM    Msg. 16 of 70       
If you need weapon modellers i can do dat.

ZOBI3KING

Look at me, I'm the captain now.

Posted: Mar 10, 2014 03:33 AM    Msg. 17 of 70       
I have tons of great ideas that I 1. Don't have time to do 2. Don't have resources to do and 3. I'm too lazy to do them. I'll just leave one of my favorites. A short 2 hour ODST campaign where you are an ODST who got ambushed at drop during the fall of Reach at New Alexandria. Your whole squad dies and you get incapacitated. You wake up later that night to find yourself alone in the crumbling city of New Alexandria. You find a working radio next to a dead marine. The radio is playing a repeated message which tells you the location of an emergency evacuation for any UNSC and civilians still left in the city. You explore the city that has turned into a hellish form of itself.

You have to scavenge for ammo. Stealth is a skill favored in most battles. As you explore the city you'll find raiders that will try to kill you for your supplies, covenant patrols, and other things you would expect to see in a city being destroyed. The campaign would all flow as one thing, not separate missions but not open world. You would move from one sector of the city to next getting closer to the evac site (I would probably put a visual representation in the sky box so the player could actually see and feel like they are getting closer to the eventual goal). As a plot twist, the evac site is non existent, you find the ships that were going to be your salvation blown up and on fire and you find dead survivors and evac crew members scattered amongst. Then a spec-ops elite comes out of camo in front of you and before the player can react an energy sword penetrates from the back through the stomach (like the death in the Headhunter motion comic). You die, the end. lel, aren't I evil

The gameplay would be like an hardcore version of ODST. You can find suppressed and un-suppressed weapons around the city. Ammo is put in logical places (i.e. dead marines) and health is rare. You would have a flashlight and not the VISR. Art style would be like the New Mombasa from Halo 2 and ODST with a lot of warm colors with very few areas that are lit with cool colored lights (blue advertisement board lights an area next to some burning cars that cast a lot of warm light from the fire). The gameplay would have a claustrophobic feel while still giving a sense of openness through the open ended level design.

Sadly I just can't produce something like that due to reasons mentioned earlier. I'm too lazy to learn HEK until the CE3 tutorial list becomes really big. Maybe one day I could make this, just not now. If anyone wants to steal this idea, by all means go ahead (I have a wicked awesome idea for a game that I've already started pre-production on anyways).

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Mar 10, 2014 03:38 AM    Msg. 18 of 70       
I was good at starting over-ambitious projects back in the day.

The madness series (yes madness p1 - p6) were all made by me, and they were actually under the process of receiving a complete overhaul (A part 1-6 re-release). The new part 1 was actually pretty much finished. Part 7 also started development after I finished part 6.

Then you have my delta halo project, which I believe I started making after I ditched the madness Idea. I made 3 bsp's, scripted them all, wasn't happy with them.

You can see some of that here, i'll post some old images I found.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a6iYM3NpG8&list=TL-
/nub
After I scrapped that I remade the first BSP to be much more detailed and more similar to the environment's seen in Halo 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9feKzx16lZY

I finished a BSP and a half. However the main problem with this project is that there was really no story line. There was a level before it similar to new mombasa (which i finished a few bsp's of as well). The maps were just random. I was just kinda making them as I went with really no initial plan with what I wanted to do story wise and eventually just lost interest.

Anyway all of this stuff is extremely old. Not even 1/8th of the quality of the K11 team's content today.

Stevedoggen

#Byf4Lyf

Posted: Mar 10, 2014 04:05 AM    Msg. 19 of 70       
If only one could make a Star Wars Battlefront 2-esque Halo, where you leave the hanger of a frigate in a longsword or whatever and force your way into a supercarrier to disable it from the inside. That would make my year.

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Mar 10, 2014 05:33 AM    Msg. 20 of 70       
I remember when H2V was coming out, I was really excited about doing a MP where you could choose your Spartan class (S2 or S3). Reach ended up kind of doing it with the Spartans and Elites in Invasion, but did far few differences between the bipeds than I wanted too.

PRPatxi

Dennis, free me from this suffering

Posted: Mar 10, 2014 06:34 AM    Msg. 21 of 70       
Turf Firefight, but I just never finish anything.

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Mar 10, 2014 10:02 AM    Msg. 22 of 70       
I wanted to remake the Halo 2 2003 E3 demo because it would be SO EAAASSSYYYY. I had even done the animations like, 4 years or something ago back in 2010 or whenever I was working with Gamma and he was doing tons of things but we never got around to it :[

Seriously though I've not seen anyone talk about doing this, it would be so cool to remake it. I know someone already made the map, whose name I don't recall but it's pretty much done.

Bottletopman

Blessed are the cheesemakers

Posted: Mar 10, 2014 10:16 AM    Msg. 23 of 70       
I've wanted to put the Halo weapons in L4D2, heck, I made a thread a month or so ago detailing which weapon would replace what just as an idea for anyone to take up, if I could I'd definitely do it, but I have absolutely no idea how to model or texture...

EDIT: never having the resources to make...I've never had the HEK (largely in part of my ineptitude at modelling/texturing/animating) but apparently there's a 'human boat' option in the vehicle type selection, has anyone ever thought of making a water-based map?
Edited by Bottletopman on Mar 10, 2014 at 10:20 AM

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Mar 10, 2014 10:36 AM    Msg. 24 of 70       
Quote: --- Original message by: ODX
I wanted to remake the Halo 2 2003 E3 demo because it would be SO EAAASSSYYYY. I had even done the animations like, 4 years or something ago back in 2010 or whenever I was working with Gamma and he was doing tons of things but we never got around to it :[

Seriously though I've not seen anyone talk about doing this, it would be so cool to remake it. I know someone already made the map, whose name I don't recall but it's pretty much done.

zteam ripped the actual e3 br. (With the actual anims) you should get back to it :D

Echo77

Posted: Mar 10, 2014 11:35 AM    Msg. 25 of 70       

I know Cityscape Adrenaline uses the E3 2003 demo BSP, and I would like to see someone recreate the actual mission on it. It does seem like it would be relatively easy at this point, considering we already have most of the necessary tags (save for perhaps the Elite drop pods from the end cutscene, and a few insignificant things like IV drips seen when the Chief was passing the medical huts) and dialogue could probably be pulled from a video of the demo itself.

Edit: And now that I think about it, I can't think of any Halo 2 Marines on Halomaps that are of outstanding quality. Does anybody have good ones?
Edited by Echo77 on Mar 10, 2014 at 12:03 PM

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Mar 10, 2014 12:08 PM    Msg. 26 of 70       
The E3 demo city has 2 bsps, one for the introduction pelican flight and another for the game play. I don't think E3 demo had lip sync either, making the possibilities easier to create a replica.

Again, the E3 demo is a carefully scripted level in Halo 2. It would not actually be all that fun to play as an actual mission. I'd be interested if someone would take that level's initial idea of boarding the cruiser and killing the prophet and using it to replace Halo 2's excuse of a campaign.

Hell, if you guys developing the mod want me to replicate the third person animations and cinematic animations that were used I will.

On subject of the E3 demo, can someone please tell me what that first frame where the pelican fly's into view is supposed to be? The background I mean.. It looks like its kinda supposed to be the city's horizon but half of it protrudes into the air lol. Can't tell if this is bungies mistake or its not what I think it is.

Echo77

Posted: Mar 10, 2014 12:18 PM    Msg. 27 of 70       
Quote: --- Original message by: Ki11erFTW
The E3 demo city has 2 bsps, one for the introduction pelican flight and another for the game play. I don't think E3 demo had lip sync either, making the possibilities easier to create a replica.

Again, the E3 demo is a carefully scripted level in Halo 2. It would not actually be all that fun to play as an actual mission. I'd be interested if someone would take that level's initial idea of boarding the cruiser and killing the prophet and using it to replace Halo 2's excuse of a campaign.

Hell, if you guys developing the mod want me to replicate the third person animations and cinematic animations that were used I will.

On subject of the E3 demo, can someone please tell me what that first frame where the pelican fly's into view is supposed to be? The background I mean.. It looks like its kinda supposed to be the city's horizon but half of it protrudes into the air lol. Can't tell if this is bungies mistake or its not what I think it is.

The E3 demo is kinda nice, though, and most of the assets that would be needed to recreate it are already available. Someone could make an alternate version where you boarded the cruiser and stuff, but since that would be a bit more labor-intensive, I would expect to see a simple remake of the demo before I saw that.

The first frame was New Mombassa itself. It was like, the city had grown upwards and formed multiple decks of skyscrapers and urban sprawls.
Edited by Echo77 on Mar 10, 2014 at 12:19 PM

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Mar 10, 2014 01:54 PM    Msg. 28 of 70       
I had an idea for a very halo meets modern type zombie level. I still have the models and concepts laying around in a conviently named folder, but I don't have the time or skill to actually finish making it anyways. Also it's SP.

AlekosGR

ACE Moding Team (Azura Computer Entertainment)

Posted: Mar 10, 2014 02:04 PM    Msg. 29 of 70       
Well... I always wanted to make a multiplayer map where there were no weapons... No grenades... Just cyborgs... Dancing! People would just dance!! Best dancer wins! With Cool music and everything... Well, it turned out that I can't animate stuff. Even though I had found some ready animations, i can't import them in game :( I would name that map "F#ck the War, let's dance!"

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Mar 10, 2014 02:48 PM    Msg. 30 of 70       
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812
zteam ripped the actual e3 br. (With the actual anims) you should get back to it :D
That's not the actual one as far as I saw, it looked like CAD just copied the animations as I had been doing.
Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh

Kirby and I have been working on it, BSP is pretty much done, wanna help?

http://imageshack.com/a/img268/2382/vemz.jpg
I don't see what there is for me to help with if the animations are already done. I suppose I could do some third person animations though.

Oops, spoilers of what I'm up to?...

Masters1337

Posted: Mar 10, 2014 03:01 PM    Msg. 31 of 70       
The E3 BR is just the H2 model without the numbers and using AR anims afaik.

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Mar 10, 2014 03:18 PM    Msg. 32 of 70       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
It has a new reload and melee (the triple-melee) animated by the same guy who did Halo 1. Everything else, yes, was just from the Halo 1 Assault Rifle at the time as placeholder I'm sure or maybe not.

After the E3 demo, when everything pretty much got scraped, then someone else did the animations you see in Halo 2 (which are vastly different from Halo 1's).

Masters1337

Posted: Mar 10, 2014 03:30 PM    Msg. 33 of 70       
I know the melee combo was new, didn't realize the reload was changed too. It looked pretty much like H1's to me with the slapping of the top of the rail/scope.

1bobsam1

I win. You lose.

Posted: Mar 10, 2014 04:24 PM    Msg. 34 of 70       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337

We've been over this before Masterz... They are not the same, simple as that. They may be similar in a few aspects, but nowhere near being the exact same.

Here's a video I just made for your viewing pleasure: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKyXPg5tsh0
Edited by 1bobsam1 on Mar 10, 2014 at 04:24 PM

Masters1337

Posted: Mar 10, 2014 04:56 PM    Msg. 35 of 70       
I don't get what you're trying to show, why are you comparing H1 AR animations to a fan made H2E3 BR?

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon November 18, 2019 8:30 PM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website