A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »ANNOUNCING ASCM 2 - Another Stupid CMT Mod

Author Topic: ANNOUNCING ASCM 2 - Another Stupid CMT Mod (17 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Ifafudafi

Posted: Apr 1, 2014 08:49 PM    Msg. 1 of 17       
ASCM 2 is happening. ASCM 2 is the epic followup to one of the most popular and loved campaign mods of all time. ASCM 2, built from the CMT tagset, is dedicated to honoring the sacred, flawless masterpiece that is Halo 1, by adding many new innovative weapons and tweaking as many things as possible. You've never seen Halo 1 like this.

Some of the epic new tools you'll get to play with:

SMG: Taken from the Halo 1 AR, bullet hoses are fun but they can be boring, and many of the shots can often miss. So, the ASCM 2 SMG's bullets have homing properties. Otherwise, this is the same H1AR you know and love, except also with better accuracy and a higher rate of fire.

Gauss DMR: Everybody knows that the single most important thing about Halo, and Halo 1 especially, is headshots. The ASCM 2 Gauss DMR's high autoaim and perfect accuracy while zoomed ensure that you'll feel like a badass charging into a crowd and taking everything down in a single shot. For stronger enemies, the Gauss DMR can charge up a super-powerful shot that does equal damage to the Sniper Rifle.

Dark Needler: I've always felt that Halo as a series lacks midrange options, if you ignore the Needler, Plasma/Storm Rifle/Repeater, Spiker, Assault Rifle, and Pistol. The Dark Needler fills this role by shooting a supercondensed crystal which explodes in midair, shredding anything in front of it with a storm of dark energy needles. The crystal can attach to live targets, too, for a super cool explosion chain!

Jackal Plasma Pistol: Elites get Plasma Rifles and Grunts get Plasma Pistols. Why not give Jackals something? The Jackal Plasma Pistol is like a Plasma Pistol times three! It has a lower rate of fire and a longer charge time, but it fires three bolts per shot -- both normal and charged.

Napalm Thrower: It wouldn't be H1 if it didn't have some form of the Flamethrower. This variant sprays superheated liquid that sticks to anything it touches and lights it on fire. Powerful and straightforward!

Plasma Cannon: Instead of shooting just another boring explosive, the Plasma Cannon, after a brief charge-up period, launches a radioactive fuel rod that bounces around, hurting anything that gets caught in the radiation field and causing mini-explosions on each bounce. The final detonation is enough to kill almost anything that moves.

Here's a video, giving you a sneak peek into how Halo 1's campaign has been enriched:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuWlGoJbOq0

Announcing difficulty levels for ASCM 2! Only wimps and girls play on anything other than Legendary, so I'm proud to announce that Legendary will be the only selectable difficulty available for ASCM 2. But what am I going to do with the other difficulty levels? You'll have to stay tuned to find out... I can hint that it makes Halo 1 even more dynamic and engaging by making most of your tactics and weapons worthless!

ASCM 2 isn't tied down to Halo 1, either! Coming soon: Halo 2, 3, 3: ODST, Wars, Reach, 4, 5, and Spartan Assault...

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Apr 1, 2014 08:52 PM    Msg. 2 of 17       
Yes cant wait loved ascm

*lol*
Edited by MEGASEAN2812 on Apr 1, 2014 at 08:52 PM

MatthewDratt

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com

Posted: Apr 1, 2014 08:53 PM    Msg. 3 of 17       
Will it be using open sauce?

Invader Veex

i make poast

Posted: Apr 1, 2014 08:53 PM    Msg. 4 of 17       
Why isn't this in my maps folder?

ZOBI3KING

Look at me, I'm the captain now.

Posted: Apr 1, 2014 09:26 PM    Msg. 5 of 17       
Download link pls, this should be in my maps folder by now.

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Apr 1, 2014 09:37 PM    Msg. 6 of 17       
Screw u jahn it shuld be in my mapas folda.

Ifafudafi

Posted: Apr 1, 2014 09:39 PM    Msg. 7 of 17       
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Will it be using open sauce?

Open Sauce is a terrible hack and an all around piece of awful software that does nothing but drain resources, spoil developers, and confuse the end-user.

Open Sauce will be mandatory.

altis94

Join my Discord https://discord.gg/GDVEaRD

Posted: Apr 1, 2014 09:44 PM    Msg. 8 of 17       
Yeah OS kinda sux.

greg079

channeling my inner april fool

Posted: Apr 1, 2014 10:37 PM    Msg. 9 of 17       
came for the awesome particles, stayed for the awesome particles. mattdratt/10, nice work.

ProphetOfCharity

Posted: Apr 1, 2014 11:15 PM    Msg. 10 of 17       
I think this is meant to be a joke. But I really want to play this. A CMT tagset that fully commits to over the top could be extremely fun. The craziness was the best part of old CMT maps. The bad parts weren't because they were unbalanced, but because CMT thought they were balanced, when they weren't.

These tags look pretty complete. It would be a shame to not release them at some point. At least on their own if not in a map.

Delicon20

Still here. Still loves bacon

Posted: Apr 1, 2014 11:25 PM    Msg. 11 of 17       
Even his prank particle effects are amazing.

You are my god, Iffy.

MatthewDratt

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com

Posted: Apr 1, 2014 11:34 PM    Msg. 12 of 17       
Quote: --- Original message by: ProphetOfCharity
I think this is meant to be a joke.

How dare you criticize their work like that.

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Apr 1, 2014 11:34 PM    Msg. 13 of 17       
OFF WITH THE HERETICS HEAD.

BKTiel

strong independent bird needs no cage

Posted: Apr 1, 2014 11:36 PM    Msg. 14 of 17       
Quote: --- Original message by: ProphetOfCharity
I think this is meant to be a joke. But I really want to play this. A CMT tagset that fully commits to over the top could be extremely fun. The craziness was the best part of old CMT maps. The bad parts weren't because they were unbalanced, but because CMT thought they were balanced, when they weren't.

These tags look pretty complete. It would be a shame to not release them at some point. At least on their own if not in a map.

I swear to god I've fking read this before. SOMEWHERE.

Ifafudafi

Posted: Apr 2, 2014 02:30 AM    Msg. 15 of 17       
Day's winding down, about to sleep, so some explanation:

The weapons demonstrated are a few of many experiments I've done across TSC:E's development. Some (like this DMR) were actual prototypes that never made it to testers, some (Napalm) were based more on trying new effect styles than making an actual fits-in-the-map weapon, and some (Dark Needler) were just screwing around while waiting for testers to test and artists to art.

I started keeping these things around more for posterity than any practical reason, but they've started to really pile up (there are plenty more than just these six) and so I figured I'd showcase a few in a lighthearted video, both for your enjoyment and to test the waters a bit. While "ASCM 2" is an unlikely thing to happen ever, and certainly not in the near future, simply tossing the guns into a thoughtlessly oversaturated encounter ended up being quite a bit of fun; I'd very much like to get them to you in a playable format, but this would be a secondary priority after my TSC:E work and consequently not something that would be seen until after that's done.

TSC:E's still on track for July; Evolved team will be staying dark for the coming weeks, but you'll get your eyes and ears on plenty when we're on the leadup to release. See you then.

PRPatxi

Dennis, free me from this suffering

Posted: Apr 2, 2014 09:32 AM    Msg. 16 of 17       
The particles are amazing.

CorpseManTS

Sorry, I cant hear u with my bullet in your mouth!

Posted: Apr 3, 2014 01:22 PM    Msg. 17 of 17       
yeah, I liked how fabulous that furfle plasma pistel was. And them Elites too.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat December 14, 2019 11:24 AM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website