A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo 2 Anniversary "seemingly confirmed"

Author Topic: Halo 2 Anniversary "seemingly confirmed" (23 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Hammad

Imagination is more important than knowledge

Posted: Apr 2, 2014 12:01 PM    Msg. 1 of 23       
Apparently, Phil Spencer has recently made some comments about Halo 2 Anniversary, and has confirmed its existence. He has also specifically made some comments about its multiplayer. Some quotes:

"In this fictitious world where that game existed, it’s an easy answer: it has to be just the multiplayer experience that we all found in that first Halo 2 game. If you think about what happened in the franchise and what were the hallmark moments – when did duel wielding come in, when did another playable character that wasn’t Master Chief come in?"

"All the things that you and I know about the evolution of the franchise, if you’re going to say one thing about Halo 2, you’re going to talk about real multiplayer. I think you just have to nail that in just such a fundamentally core way. Frankly [if we'd have to do it] probably better than we did with Halo 1 Anniversary. I thought the multiplayer in Halo 1 Anniversary was good, but Halo 1 never had multiplayer in the truest sense, so it always was going to be something different. If there were something called Halo 2 Anniversary, I think the multiplayer would have to be fantastic."

Full report here: http://www.examiner.com/article/halo-5-publisher-talks-halo-2-anniversary-multiplayer-and-more
(well, I think its been confirmed anyways)

Hammad

Imagination is more important than knowledge

Posted: Apr 2, 2014 12:07 PM    Msg. 2 of 23       
"seemingly"

clonecam117

Now a professional VFX/particle effect artist.

Posted: Apr 2, 2014 12:31 PM    Msg. 3 of 23       
Quote: --- Original message by: Hammad
"seemingly"

"apples"

BlitzOfSBB

Posted: Apr 2, 2014 12:35 PM    Msg. 4 of 23       
I couldn't care less about Halo 2 Anniversary if it is an Xbox One exclusive. Would be amazing if M$ released it on PC. Hell, release Halo 3, Halo Reach, and Halo 3: ODST on PC while you are at it. Although a PC release of these games is highly unlikely, I remain optimistic.

altis94

Join my Discord https://discord.gg/GDVEaRD

Posted: Apr 2, 2014 03:20 PM    Msg. 5 of 23       
April's fools were yesterday.

clonecam117

Posted: Apr 2, 2014 04:52 PM    Msg. 6 of 23       
there's been so many rumors about this lately I don't even know what to say. So:
"Macaroni and Cheese: Who likes it?"

(lol)

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Apr 2, 2014 06:07 PM    Msg. 7 of 23       
A Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer could make sense. It would be a great way for 343i and Microsoft to test out Xbox One's live features and use of the cloud, and utilize all the data for Halo 5's development. Given, they're currently doing this with Titanfall, but I would imagine Titanfall has a lot of differences from Halo and those specific Halo aspects would need to be tested.

They would just have to make sure that they make this experience grand enough that people will want to finally transfer away from Halo 3, Reach, and Halo 4's already existing multiplayer communities. That was one of the reasons Ha10 didn't get it's own multiplayer: they didn't want to fracture the community with another game when Reach had just come out. Given, Halo 4's multiplayer is already in shambles, I feel Halo 2A could be a uniting experience if pulled off correctly. And then beyond that, once people have purchased Xbox One's for the game, the basis for Halo 5 would just about be set to take over the reins of the community then.

But we'll see.

clonecam117

Posted: Apr 2, 2014 06:40 PM    Msg. 8 of 23       
Quote: --- Original message by: clonecam117
"seemingly"

"apples"

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/f1/f1e6f1d1e2827504a592130afd39a75a1bf54159d2ee96e9dcc2276c8a7c7e65.jpg

Oh please... I'm whiter than that.
Srsly, how many times have we heard now "Oh H2A is confirmed" or "oh NVM Microsoft denied it" or "oh they're hinting at it" or "oh they have no plans for it". We already know it's coming.

xnx

h2 marine anims or i detonate the vest

Posted: Apr 2, 2014 07:07 PM    Msg. 9 of 23       
I just can't wait until E3 that way we will finally know what the hell 343 has been working on since November 2012.

clonecam117

Posted: Apr 2, 2014 08:01 PM    Msg. 10 of 23       
I've also heard rumors of a Halo Wars 2, and that piece of "Halo 5" concept art with the Infinity hovering over a city? that might not be Halo 5. 343 said it's from "a little game project we've been tinkering with". And because it's the Infinity, it obviously isn't Halo 2 Anniversary.

altis94

Posted: Apr 2, 2014 08:03 PM    Msg. 11 of 23       
And one of my friends showed me that he has Halo 3 on Steam!!11!1!!

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Apr 2, 2014 08:12 PM    Msg. 12 of 23       
@altis pics or it didnt happen

@clonecam theres no halo wars 2, its a project 343 wants to do but they arent at the moment.

clonecam117

Posted: Apr 2, 2014 08:15 PM    Msg. 13 of 23       
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812
@altis pics or it didnt happen
It's in the steam database, via an exploit you can add it to your steam profile.
@clonecam theres no halo wars 2, its a project 343 wants to do but they arent at the moment.

You state that like it's a fact, Sean.
Edited by clonecam117 on Apr 2, 2014 at 08:16 PM

altis94

Posted: Apr 2, 2014 08:36 PM    Msg. 14 of 23       
I also got Halo 3 on steam! It's so ligit! http://i61.tinypic.com/256hdef.jpg

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Apr 2, 2014 08:46 PM    Msg. 15 of 23       
and you got GTA V too. gg.
i bet your also hiding Half Life 3.

clonecam117

Posted: Apr 2, 2014 11:03 PM    Msg. 16 of 23       
Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
I also got Halo 3 on steam! It's so ligit! http://i61.tinypic.com/256hdef.jpg

But can you play it? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

DOOM899

{DM} [gamesmaster] if i can ill help maybe

Posted: Apr 3, 2014 02:16 AM    Msg. 17 of 23       
Apparently, Phil Spencer has recently made some comments about Halo 2 Anniversary, and has confirmed its existence. He has also specifically made some comments about its multiplayer. Some quotes:

"In this fictitious world where that game existed, it’s an easy answer: it has to be just the multiplayer experience that we all found in that first Halo 2 game. If you think about what happened in the franchise and what were the hallmark moments – when did duel wielding come in, when did another playable character that wasn’t Master Chief come in?"

"All the things that you and I know about the evolution of the franchise, if you’re going to say one thing about Halo 2, you’re going to talk about real multiplayer. I think you just have to nail that in just such a fundamentally core way. Frankly [if we'd have to do it] probably better than we did with Halo 1 Anniversary. I thought the multiplayer in Halo 1 Anniversary was good, but Halo 1 never had multiplayer in the truest sense, so it always was going to be something different. If there were something called Halo 2 Anniversary, I think the multiplayer would have to be fantastic."

Full report here: http://www.examiner.com/article/halo-5-publisher-talks-halo-2-anniversary-multiplayer-and-more
(well, I think its been confirmed anyways)

yes I can confirmed that it's coming out but not for pc tho
Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer may have halo 4 multiplayer maybe
Edited by DOOM899 on Apr 3, 2014 at 05:20 AM

TheChunkierBean

This Bean is Cooking!!

Posted: Apr 3, 2014 07:28 AM    Msg. 18 of 23       
If they were going to do anything, porting Halo 2 PC (and fixing it) would be a great foundation to start from due to the already native 1080p support and anti aliasing. The Xbox One also has the same x86 architecture.

PRPatxi

Dennis, free me from this suffering

Posted: Apr 3, 2014 08:23 AM    Msg. 19 of 23       
Quote: --- Original message by: TheChunkierBean
If they were going to do anything, porting Halo 2 PC (and fixing it) would be a great foundation to start from due to the already native 1080p support and anti aliasing. The Xbox One also has the same x86 architecture.

Halo 2 Vista would have been good if Bungie didn't screw up Halo Editing kit and remove features. And if they actually cared to update graphics a little bit.

TheChunkierBean

This Bean is Cooking!!

Posted: Apr 3, 2014 09:32 AM    Msg. 20 of 23       
Of course. But the fact remains that they can still use it.

clonecam117

Posted: Apr 3, 2014 10:24 AM    Msg. 21 of 23       
Quote: --- Original message by: The Doctor
Quote: --- Original message by: PRPatxi

Halo 2 Vista would have been good if Bungie didn't screw up Halo Editing kit and remove features. And if they actually cared to update graphics a little bit.

Wasn't Gearbox who ported the game?
And yeah, the bump maps screw up everything...

It would've been even better if they cut the "vista" part.

PRPatxi

Dennis, free me from this suffering

Posted: Apr 3, 2014 11:19 AM    Msg. 22 of 23       
Quote: --- Original message by: The Doctor
Quote: --- Original message by: PRPatxi

Wasn't Gearbox who ported the game?
And yeah, the bump maps screw up everything...

Nooooooooo Hired Gun, a small dev team created within Microsoft Game Studios, ported the Game and everything done was commanded by Bungie under Microsoft ownership. Gearbox only ported the Halo CE game but the Halo Editing Kit(software) and Halo Custom Edition where released by Bungie, for Halo Custom Edition Gearbox only works with online servers and maintance.

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Apr 3, 2014 06:56 PM    Msg. 23 of 23       
guyz i hav halo 2 anniversity it legit it real it cum out whenever/the/hell/they/feel/like/it

i no cuzz i leek halo feev new begiins.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon December 16, 2019 8:40 AM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website