A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Adjutant News and Info!

Page 20 of 25 Go to page: · 1 · ... · 17 · 18 · 19 · [20] · 21 · 22 · 23 · ... · 25 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: Adjutant News and Info! (854 messages, Page 20 of 25)
Moderators: Dennis

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Jul 1, 2015 05:32 AM    Msg. 666 of 854       
they already said a million times that its unknown if they will or not.

SciFi

strong and bitter words indicate a weak cause

Posted: Jul 1, 2015 06:38 AM    Msg. 667 of 854       
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper

Well if they actually said it a million times I guess it not going to happen.

ElijahB1

Posted: Jul 1, 2015 11:31 AM    Msg. 668 of 854       
Quote: --- Original message by: SciFi

Well if they actually said it a million times I guess it not going to happen.

We have no plans for it at the moment.

Spartan Pig117

Posted: Jul 6, 2015 08:32 PM    Msg. 669 of 854       
Curious question as to where I can find the DLC Armor for the SPARTANS from Multiplayer? I looked through many pages on this thread trying to see if anyone had already asked this same question but I could not find a similar post. Sorry if you guys have already answered this question. I opened up the DLC maps and looked in the storm_Masterchief_mp tag, but I did not see the new armor only the ones that were shipped with the main game. (I believe) If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be very grateful.

-I'm new to this posting thing so I apologize if I posted this wrong.

ElijahB1

Posted: Jul 6, 2015 08:54 PM    Msg. 670 of 854       
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan Pig117
Curious question as to where I can find the DLC Armor for the SPARTANS from Multiplayer? I looked through many pages on this thread trying to see if anyone had already asked this same question but I could not find a similar post. Sorry if you guys have already answered this question. I opened up the DLC maps and looked in the storm_Masterchief_mp tag, but I did not see the new armor only the ones that were shipped with the main game. (I believe) If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be very grateful.

http://tinyurl.com/p6hkzoj

I have not gotten around to extracting it with the newer code, so there may be a few issues with the models/rigging...

Spartan Pig117

Posted: Jul 6, 2015 08:56 PM    Msg. 671 of 854       
@ElijahB1
Thanks a ton! I appreciate how fast that was answered. I'm happy to get anything right now.

Extreme110

That doesn't motivate me sir!

Posted: Aug 2, 2015 01:24 AM    Msg. 672 of 854       
You're probably absolutely swamped with life stuff at the moment; just wondering how things in general are going.

Once again, thanks for the hard work :)

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Sep 6, 2015 04:18 PM    Msg. 673 of 854       
Quote: --- Original message by: DoodleSama
Bumping this thread to request a .tga option for saving bitmaps if possible, since they don't suffer the transparency problem .png and .tif seems to be having and without needing a third-party plugin to open it in Photoshop like .dds.

Oh so it wasnt just me being stupid.

Wot senpai sama said plz.

Gravemind

The Age of Reclamation has begun.

Posted: Sep 6, 2015 09:56 PM    Msg. 674 of 854       
Quote: --- Original message by: DoodleSama
Bumping this thread to request a .tga option for saving bitmaps if possible, since they don't suffer the transparency problem .png and .tif seems to be having and without needing a third-party plugin to open it in Photoshop like .dds.

Photoshop automatically merges the alpha channel into the RGB channels on PNG and TIF files. To separate the alpha and display opaque RGB, select Layer0 and from the menu select Layer>Layer Mask>From Transparency. Then right-click the layer and select Disable Layer Mask.

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Sep 7, 2015 05:06 AM    Msg. 675 of 854       
I haven't had that issue with .tif files previously, just sayin'

videoman

We are Microsoft, Resistance is Futile

Posted: Sep 16, 2015 10:10 PM    Msg. 676 of 854       
From what I understand, TGA (Or Targa) is not supported by the native coding language (which I think is .NET). And because of that, coding Adjutant to work with TGA files would require doing it from scratch. Try using CS4. I am using CC and I seem to be running into the same problem, but I've heard that CS4 seems to handle the Alpha channel without issue.

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Sep 16, 2015 10:16 PM    Msg. 677 of 854       
i've had problems extracting sounds from reach, it keeps saying its missing tmp files, and when i tried testing H4 to see if that worked, now when i preview sounds in adjutant with a reach map it plays the last H4 sound i tested.

Bizargh

Posted: Sep 19, 2015 02:58 AM    Msg. 678 of 854       
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812
I've had problems extracting sounds from Reach. It keeps saying its missing TMP files, and when I tried testing Halo 4 to see if that worked, now when I preview sounds in Adjutant with a Reach map it plays the last Halo 4 sound I tested.

Adjutant v4.1.0.0 currently has a few issues that significantly impact sound extraction (Which I've already reported).

I've still got v4.0.0.0 archived for use, as although Adjutant v4.1.0.0 gained access to audio v4.0.0.0 didn't, it functions very reliably in all aspects regarding audio extraction & playback.

You can grab it from my personal MediaFire: http://www.mediafire.com/download/aq7n39zr4bicwuw/Adjutant_4.0.0.0_%28with_Plugins_%26_Helpers%29.zip

Super Flanker

Posted: Sep 20, 2015 08:20 AM    Msg. 679 of 854       
Quote: --- Original message by: Bizargh
I've had problems extracting sounds from Reach. It keeps saying its missing TMP files, and when I tried testing Halo 4 to see if that worked, now when I preview sounds in Adjutant with a Reach map it plays the last Halo 4 sound I tested.

Adjutant v4.1.0.0 currently has a few issues that significantly impact sound extraction (Which I've already reported).

I've still got v4.0.0.0 archived for use, as although Adjutant v4.1.0.0 gained access to audio v4.0.0.0 didn't, it functions very reliably in all aspects regarding audio extraction & playback.

You can grab it from my personal MediaFire: http://www.mediafire.com/download/aq7n39zr4bicwuw/Adjutant_4.0.0.0_%28with_Plugins_%26_Helpers%29.zip

FTLFY

http://www.mediafire.com/download/aq7n39zr4bicwuw/Adjutant_4.0.0.0_%28with_Plugins_%26_Helpers%29.zip

Imouto

Waffles B&

Posted: Sep 20, 2015 11:05 AM    Msg. 680 of 854       
Why don't links auto-hyperlink anymore? I thought they used to.

Halonimator

Posted: Sep 20, 2015 11:19 AM    Msg. 681 of 854       
in the next version its possible to extract models with riggs and animations ... same with collisions in the future?
Edited by Halonimator on Sep 20, 2015 at 11:20 AM

Imouto

Waffles B&

Posted: Sep 20, 2015 11:42 AM    Msg. 682 of 854       
Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator

in the next version its possible to extract models with riggs and animations ... same with collisions in the future?
Edited by Halonimator on Sep 20, 2015 at 11:20 AM

Riggs as in animation rigs? Those don't compile into the engine, they are used pre-compile to help animators. Animations were already stated as a low possibility, and aside from halo 2, collision models are physics based or too complex to work with CE anyway. Better off making your own collision.

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Sep 20, 2015 05:46 PM    Msg. 683 of 854       
To be quite honest, you're probably better off making your own rigs anyways. Animators have a better time making a rig that's comfortable for them as opposed to dealing with someone else's. The ONLY exception is probably for the faces, since Adjutant handles them as bones as opposed to dummy helpers with a morph modifier.

That being said, animations ain't happening any time soon.

Extreme110

Posted: Sep 20, 2015 05:52 PM    Msg. 684 of 854       
now when i preview sounds in adjutant with a reach map it plays the last H4 sound i tested.

Might be a different bug, I posted a list of the files that I found affected in base H3. Hoping the sound stuff will be resolved sooner or later.

Gravemind

The Age of Reclamation has begun.

Posted: Sep 20, 2015 10:36 PM    Msg. 685 of 854       
This should resolve the sound issues that came with 4.1. It also fixes H3B maps not working from 4.1.

As for sounds that say 'Unsupported sound type', that's because they're not supported - it's not a bug. This is because towav doesn't seem to support 4 and 6 channel XMA sounds, so Adjutant is only able to send it mono and stereo sounds.

Additionally, multilingual announcer sounds are problematic since they contain multiple copies of each sound permutation (one for each language) which isn't accounted for in the permutation separation process. The best way to get all permutations from them is to use 'save all as single' in the raw extractor tab. This will extract all permutations in all languages to a single wav file, from which you can cut out the parts you want to use.

Bizargh

Posted: Sep 22, 2015 12:42 PM    Msg. 686 of 854       
Quote: --- Original message by: Gravemind
This should resolve the sound issues that came with 4.1. It also fixes H3B maps not working from 4.1.

I've just been giving your 4.1.0.1 .exe update a try as I write this. So far, I've used the candidates from my bug report back in March (Boy, does time sure fly!) somewhere down this page: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=45590&start=596, as well as copy-pasted the helpers & plugins from Adjutant 4.1.0.0.

This is what I've so far discovered:

Firstly, when previewing the sound files via Play All, all of the weapon SFX I've checked don't seem to playback the final file (Ex. "sound\weapons\shotgun\fire" & "sound\weapons\assault_rifle\ar_fire" only plays-back 2/3 audio files, and "sound\weapons\sniper_rifle\sniper_fire_reach" only plays-back 3/4).

All SFX that were accessible with 4.0.0.0 and before I've tested now are playing back properly & extracting via Save Selected without error.
However, with anything newly accessible in 4.1.0.0 such as "sound\weapons\sniper_rifle\sniper_fire_reach", the errors still persists.

But the bigger problem I encountered was in the extraction process (I used .WAV as the output file). When I tried to Save Selected each of the files, each individual file would either only contain a partial of their full sound, or act as if split in two, often with the final file being completely blank/silent. I also tried this with some of the music files ("sound\music\sustain\glue\f_nohi\track1\loop" to be precise), but although all three files played-back via Play All, their extracted .WAVs came out missing an ending portion of the full length of music. When I tried via Batch Extraction of all contents from both Halo: Reach [Beta] & Halo: Reach, the results were exactly the same.

This error as described is still persisting on 4.1.0.0 unlocked audio, at least according to tests conducted with "sound\weapons\sniper_rifle\sniper_fire_reach" & "sound\music\sustain\glue\f_nohi\track1\loop". This may be however isolated to these two files, as I've been trying examples such as "sound\vehicles\warthog\prototype_load_left\track1\alt_loop" & "sound\vehicles\scorpion\scorpion_treads_right\scorp_treads_left\loop" (Which weren't accessible via 4.0.0.0 if I recall correctly. It's been a while and a whole lot of extracting PlanetSide 2 & Mass Effect trilogy audio since), and despite having to perform audio cleanup on the latter when extracted via Save as Single, they extracted with nothing missing & no errors when extracted via Save as Single or Save Selected.

I'm going to attempt a bulk extraction the next opportunity I get and report back my findings from that. Hopefully, the positives I've previously described still apply.

As for sounds that say 'Unsupported sound type', that's because they're not supported - it's not a bug. This is because towav.exe doesn't seem to support 4 and 6 channel XMA sounds, so Adjutant is only able to send it mono and stereo sounds.

This being a bug wasn't my first thought, but it's nice to know the reason behind it (Pity I don't know a solution to that, but there's nothing I can remember missing behind that 'Unsupported sound type' label).

Additionally, multilingual announcer sounds are problematic since they contain multiple copies of each sound permutation (one for each language) which isn't accounted for in the permutation separation process. The best way to get all permutations from them is to use 'save all as single' in the raw extractor tab. This will extract all permutations in all languages to a single wav file, from which you can cut out the parts you want to use.

You're going to have to elaborate on that one, as with my bulk extractions using 4.0.0.0, I don't believe I've encountered any faults when not-so-lightly skimming over the other languages of multiplayer announcers (Well, from Halo 3: ODST where I remember having them at least). Unless this is something that cropped up in 4.1.0.0, I haven't noticed anything amiss on that front.
Edited by Bizargh on Sep 22, 2015 at 12:42 PM
Edited by Bizargh on Sep 22, 2015 at 12:47 PM

Super Flanker

Posted: Sep 24, 2015 08:32 AM    Msg. 687 of 854       
Bump findings?

Mootjuh

Hilariously derailing oneliner

Posted: Sep 24, 2015 11:20 AM    Msg. 688 of 854       
Any plans on translating more of Halo 3 and Reach's tags?

Bizargh

Posted: Sep 24, 2015 05:25 PM    Msg. 689 of 854       
But the bigger problem I encountered in 4.1.0.0 was in the extraction process (I used .WAV as the output file). When I tried to Save Selected each of the files, each individual file would either only contain a partial of their full sound, or act as if split in two, often with the final file being completely blank/silent. I also tried this with some of the music files ("sound\music\sustain\glue\f_nohi\track1\loop" to be precise), but although all three files played-back via Play All, their extracted .WAVs came out missing an ending portion of the full length of music. When I tried via Batch Extraction of all contents from both Halo: Reach [Beta] & Halo: Reach, the results were exactly the same.

This error as described is still persisting on 4.1.0.0 unlocked audio, at least according to tests conducted with "sound\weapons\sniper_rifle\sniper_fire_reach" & "sound\music\sustain\glue\f_nohi\track1\loop". This may be however isolated to these two files, as I've been trying examples such as "sound\vehicles\warthog\prototype_load_left\track1\alt_loop" & "sound\vehicles\scorpion\scorpion_treads_right\scorp_treads_left\loop" (Which weren't accessible via 4.0.0.0 if I recall correctly. It's been a while and a whole lot of extracting PlanetSide 2 & Mass Effect trilogy audio since), and despite having to perform audio cleanup on the latter when extracted via Save as Single, they extracted with nothing missing & no errors when extracted via Save as Single or Save Selected.

I've finally managed to getting around to a bulk extraction, performed with "20_sword_base.map", "30_settlement.map", "35_island.map" & "m45.map", and the same issues I encountered performing Save as Selected with the files "sound\weapons\sniper_rifle\sniper_fire_reach" & "sound\music\sustain\glue\f_nohi\track1\loop" occurred within the bulk extraction as well. But anything accessible in 4.0.0.0 & before appeared fine, and all of the vehicle engine loops were as pristine as they were in Save as Selected tests.

Again, I'm rather rusty in regard to the audio files (As I said before, been too busy with PlanetSide 2 FSB2Wav conversions), so I'm not entirely sure if this issue remains isolated to those particular files in 4.1.0.1.

But all in all, I'd call Adjutant 4.1.0.1 an improvement in the audio department!
Edited by Bizargh on Sep 24, 2015 at 05:25 PM
Edited by Bizargh on Sep 24, 2015 at 05:26 PM

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Sep 28, 2015 09:58 PM    Msg. 690 of 854       
So I was extracting the Halo 4 marine's bitmaps from m40_invasion, but apparently I am unable to extract the storm_marine_oni bitmaps (aside from the helmet)

Anybody else getting this issue or is it just me?

vardamir

Posted: Sep 29, 2015 07:03 AM    Msg. 691 of 854       
Quote: --- Original message by: ElijahB1
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan Pig117

http://tinyurl.com/p6hkzoj

I have not gotten around to extracting it with the newer code, so there may be a few issues with the models/rigging...

Thank a lot for this ElijahB1! I was looking for this in a weeks. Just of curiosity, you used not yet released version of Adjutant to extract DLC armors? I have all DLC and looked inside them with no luck lol

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Sep 29, 2015 09:52 AM    Msg. 692 of 854       
DLC armors are in some weird seperate file.

vardamir

Posted: Sep 29, 2015 11:09 AM    Msg. 693 of 854       
DLC armors are in some weird seperate file.

Really? That's interesting, I have some smaller files along with DLC .map and sound archive. Maybe you remember the name of this file?

MrChromed

Developer on SPv3 and ShadowMods.

Posted: Sep 29, 2015 01:46 PM    Msg. 694 of 854       
Quote: --- Original message by: vardamir

Thank a lot for this ElijahB1! I was looking for this in a weeks. Just of curiosity, you used not yet released version of Adjutant to extract DLC armors? I have all DLC and looked inside them with no luck lol

Do you need the DLC armors in biped tags?. I can send them you via PM .
Edited by Isxz on Sep 29, 2015 at 02:08 PM

ElijahB1

Posted: Oct 5, 2015 01:00 PM    Msg. 695 of 854       
Quote: --- Original message by: vardamir

The Halo 4 DLC armor was was kept in a .map patch file that we were able to get opened with some special hacking. It most likely won't be supported in a public release but the files are posted here and will be updated at some point.

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Oct 5, 2015 05:15 PM    Msg. 696 of 854       
to be honest, I could probably just release them in max format with compatible CC mapping, if you'd like that. I've already figured out that I can actually do it

Example:

Note that the Primary Color is Green, Secondary is Black. You'll notice that there are uncolored parts, which is what most people have trouble with it seems
Edited by R93_Sniper on Oct 5, 2015 at 05:17 PM

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Nov 1, 2015 01:37 AM    Msg. 697 of 854       

to be honest, I could probably just release them in max format with compatible CC mapping, if you'd like that. I've already figured out that I can actually do it

Example:
http://i57.tinypic.com/30njl8n.jpg

Note that the Primary Color is Green, Secondary is Black. You'll notice that there are uncolored parts, which is what most people have trouble with it seems
Edited by R93_Sniper on Oct 5, 2015 at 05:17 PM

I have yet to figure out how secondary works with H4 CC.

What's the secret?

Extreme110

Posted: Nov 1, 2015 01:39 AM    Msg. 698 of 854       
As for sounds that say 'Unsupported sound type', that's because they're not supported - it's not a bug. This is because towav doesn't seem to support 4 and 6 channel XMA sounds, so Adjutant is only able to send it mono and stereo sounds.

Sorry for the late replay.

I had a hunch, and did a bit of Google searching; I came across this QuickBMS script which can convert XMA streams in any format (header or not, including the 4/6 channel ones) to an XMA format that QuickBMS understands. You edit the script so that FREQ_DEFAULT is equal to 44100 (headerless .xma files like the .bin files rely on the default frequency setting in the script itself), put the script the and the .bin through QuickBMS, run the newly created .xma file through toWav and you get your .wav file.

I was able to extract every cinematic music file in all of the Halo 3 .map files, and I plan on testing ODST/Reach soon.

The remaining files I cannot extract from the Halo 3 maps are these ones:

Error:
--Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds.

Affected Files:
010_jungle.map
sound\music\amb\perc\perc85\track1\alt_loop
sound\music\amb\perc\perc85\track1\loop

020_base.map
sound\music\amb\tech\a_tech\track1\loop

040_voi.map
sound\music\amb\perc\perilous_timp\track1\loop

070_waste.map
sound\music\amb\perc\perc96\track1\loop

110_hc.map
sound\music\amb\perc\perc96\track1\loop

120_halo.map
sound\music\numbers\14perc\track1\loop

All permutations are affected.

I have tried extracting as .wav, .xma and .bin for all files, and the same error always occurs. There is also no output when I try to preview the sound. In the last update (before the .exe you posted at the top of this page), you guys managed to fix about 20 of these errors.

Thank you!
Edited by Extreme110 on Nov 1, 2015 at 11:32 PM

eliasthechief

Posted: Dec 22, 2015 08:51 PM    Msg. 699 of 854       
HELP pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease after downloading the program when i use it it says error loading file the file is invalid or in use ive used many diffrent maps it wont work
Edited by eliasthechief on Dec 22, 2015 at 08:53 PM

Extreme110

Posted: Dec 22, 2015 09:01 PM    Msg. 700 of 854       
Which maps specifically are you trying to load (and from which game)? How did you get the files? Are you sure the maps are not corrupt?

What version of Adjutant are you using? Where did you download it from?

The more you tell us, the easier it is to help.

Page 20 of 25 Go to page: · 1 · ... · 17 · 18 · 19 · [20] · 21 · 22 · 23 · ... · 25 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue February 25, 2020 11:23 PM 1,375 ms.
A Halo Maps Website