A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts
  
 
»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Adjutant News and Info!

Page 21 of 24 Go to page: · 1 · ... · 17 · 18 · 19 · 20 · [21] · 22 · 23 · 24 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: Adjutant News and Info! (820 messages, Page 21 of 24)
Moderators: Dennis

eliasthechief
Joined: Dec 22, 2015


Posted: Jan 2, 2016 12:40 PM    Msg. 701 of 820       
all maps and ive downloaded the maps from this site im using version 4.1.0 and i downloded it from here


Extreme110
Joined: May 18, 2010

That doesn't motivate me sir!


Posted: Jan 2, 2016 05:24 PM    Msg. 702 of 820       
Quote: --- Original message by: eliasthechief
all maps and ive downloaded the maps from this site im using version 4.1.0 and i downloded it from here

What specific maps are you loading (or is it an issue with all maps)? Where are all the files saved on your hard-drive, and do you have administrator privileges?

Could you try download a previous version of Adjutant and see if your maps load with that?


MatthewDratt
Joined: Sep 11, 2010

Our President Brags About Sexual Assault


Posted: Jan 2, 2016 05:39 PM    Msg. 703 of 820       
Quote: --- Original message by: eliasthechief
all maps and ive downloaded the maps from this site im using version 4.1.0 and i downloded it from here


Does Adjutant open Halo 1 maps? I've always figured Adjutant would be used for h3/r/ce/4 maps, which can't be downloaded on this site.


eliasthechief
Joined: Dec 22, 2015


Posted: Jan 2, 2016 06:14 PM    Msg. 704 of 820       
all maps are not working i download it on my other laptop im facing the same problems can you give me the link for previous versions


Extreme110
Joined: May 18, 2010

That doesn't motivate me sir!


Posted: Jan 3, 2016 03:32 PM    Msg. 705 of 820       
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Does Adjutant open Halo 1 maps? I've always figured Adjutant would be used for h3/r/ce/4 maps, which can't be downloaded on this site.

No, Adjutant will only open Halo 2 Xbox, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, Halo: Reach, Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary and Halo 4 maps.

Quote: --- Original message by: eliasthechief
all maps are not working i download it on my other laptop im facing the same problems can you give me the link for previous versions

Once again, you need to give me specific map names and the game they came from. Once I know what maps you're trying to open, I can link you to the previous versions.

By the way, if you're trying to rip Halo PC/CE maps like the ones from this site, you need to use Halo Editing Kit Plus to extract tags, as the original game is not supported by Adjutant at all.


Extreme110
Joined: May 18, 2010

That doesn't motivate me sir!


Posted: Jan 3, 2016 03:45 PM    Msg. 706 of 820       
Quote: --- Original message by: Cortana
I cant use adjutant because wen i open up the browser i dont see the map or anything....

Help me.

What do you mean?

When you first open up Adjutant, you'll come to a white, empty window and a menu bar at the top. Hit File > New, and then select a map you want to load from a compatible game. Adjutant will take a few seconds to load up the map, and then you should see three sections:

1) To the left, a hierarchy either sorted by the type of tags or their folder structure (you can change this in the View menu). Browse to the tag you want with this menu.
2) To the right, a tag editor. It'll have different tabs and sections depending on what tag you're trying to edit.
3) At the bottom, a message log that will tell you if operations were successful or why they failed.


Bizargh
Joined: Mar 14, 2015


Posted: Jan 3, 2016 04:20 PM    Msg. 707 of 820       
Quote: --- Original message by: eliasthechief
all maps are not working i download it on my other laptop im facing the same problems can you give me the link for previous versions


You do have the "shared.map" in the same folders as your .map files, don't you? If you don't, then you likely won't be getting far (Generally as a rule, keep all your .map files in the same folder together, as they share content between if not each other, than from the "shared.map" file. It's an engine thing.).

Otherwise, I've still got my Adjutant v4.0.0.0 handy to avoid audio extraction issues that cropped up in 4.1.0.0 (4.1.0.1 did resolve a number of issues, but it's nice to know your bulk extractions aren't turning up any "faulty" files). It also includes any necessary helpers with it.

Here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/download/aq7n39zr4bicwuw/Adjutant_4.0.0.0_%28with_Plugins_%26_Helpers%29.zip

And visit here for a collection of Halo .map files in case you haven't got what you need: http://haloce3.com/xmf/
Edited by Bizargh on Jan 3, 2016 at 04:26 PM


Extreme110
Joined: May 18, 2010

That doesn't motivate me sir!


Posted: Jan 3, 2016 04:35 PM    Msg. 708 of 820       
By the way, for those are having difficulty following my instructions posted above and want the cinematic music from the Halo games that is not supported by Adjutant, here is a better instruction guide:

Materials:

- Adjutant (for extracting the raw, headerless XMA data)
- ToWav.exe (comes with Adjutant in the "Helpers" folder; this will do the final conversion)
- QuickBMS (required to run the conversion script)
- XMA transform script (you'll need a XenteX account, this will create an .xma file compatiable with ToWav.exe; make sure the file extension is BMS!)

Steps:
  1. Download and extract QuickBMS and the XMA transform script to a folder on your Desktop called "TempStuff". Make a folder inside TempStuff and call it "Files".

  2. Open the XMA transform script in Notepad. At the top, you should see line that says "FREQ_DEFAULT" with a large number next to it. Change the number to "44100", save the file and close it.

  3. Open Adjutant, and go to the sound meta editor (click on a !snd file and press the Meta tab as you do for every other sound file). Select the "Save Selected" or "Save As Single". In the "Save As Type" dropbox, make sure you select "Raw Data (.bin)", and save this file to the Desktop/TempStuff/Files folder.

  4. Once you're done, close Adjutant. Go to your TempStuff folder, and drag the XMA transform script onto QuickBMS.exe. It will then ask for the files to extract/modify; you can select individual or multiple files; select as many *.bin files in your Desktop/TempStuff/Files folder as you'd like. Finally, you will be asked for a location to save the files; simply choose the Desktop/TempStuff/Files folder again (the files will have a different extension and won't overwrite anything).

  5. After it's complete, you should have one .xma file for every .bin file in the Files folder. Simply drag each .xma file onto ToWav.exe in your Adjutant/Helpers folder. ToWav will convert the .xma files into the final .wav files you want.



eliasthechief
Joined: Dec 22, 2015


Posted: Jan 3, 2016 04:41 PM    Msg. 709 of 820       
it worked thank you guys so much for all support and help


R93_Sniper
Joined: Feb 13, 2011

When in Doubt, RUN!


Posted: Jan 3, 2016 08:21 PM    Msg. 710 of 820       
So in looking at some of the halo 4 stuff, I noticed that pretty much all of the Halo 4 Marine's head models are disfigured in some way or another. Am I the only one getting this, and if not, can somebody maybe send me an EMF with the faces not being disfigured? (The easiest way to tell is in Head_01, wherein the eyes are not properly socketed)


Bizargh
Joined: Mar 14, 2015


Posted: Jan 4, 2016 03:44 PM    Msg. 711 of 820       
Quote: --- Original message by: Extreme110
By the way, for those are having difficulty following my instructions posted above and want the cinematic music from the Halo games that is not supported by Adjutant, here is a better instruction guide:

[SEE SOURCE OF QUOTE FOR FURTHER DETAILS]


I've been meaning to get around to checking that out for a number of weeks. QuickBMS has a habit of cropping up whenever I check around for a fair number of game music files I'm after.

Although I'll just be a very happy lad when I can fetch all of Halo: Reach's music such as the loops for "glue\f_nohi" without any cutoff/missing audio (Although I am curious as to what reason the loop tracks for Halo 3's "perk96" continue to elude extraction, as that simple, yet powerful drum track is one that always stuck with me ever since Halo: Landfall's debut)


And I don't know if this is of any use or relevance to anyone working on Adjutant, but this cropped up a while ago, and I suppose it's better said & already heard of then unsaid & not spotted: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=48780


ElijahB1
Joined: Nov 25, 2012


Posted: Jan 7, 2016 12:45 PM    Msg. 712 of 820       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI
I have yet to figure out how secondary works with H4 CC.

What's the secret?


Look at the OP for how they work.

Quote: --- Original message by: eliasthechief
all maps and ive downloaded the maps from this site im using version 4.1.0 and i downloded it from here


What maps?

Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Does Adjutant open Halo 1 maps? I've always figured Adjutant would be used for h3/r/ce/4 maps, which can't be downloaded on this site.


Adjutant dose not currently support Halo CE.

Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
So in looking at some of the halo 4 stuff, I noticed that pretty much all of the Halo 4 Marine's head models are disfigured in some way or another. Am I the only one getting this, and if not, can somebody maybe send me an EMF with the faces not being disfigured? (The easiest way to tell is in Head_01, wherein the eyes are not properly socketed)


They look fine to me, post photos?

Quote: --- Original message by: Bizargh
I've been meaning to get around to checking that out for a number of weeks. QuickBMS has a habit of cropping up whenever I check around for a fair number of game music files I'm after.

Although I'll just be a very happy lad when I can fetch all of Halo: Reach's music such as the loops for "glue\f_nohi" without any cutoff/missing audio (Although I am curious as to what reason the loop tracks for Halo 3's "perk96" continue to elude extraction, as that simple, yet powerful drum track is one that always stuck with me ever since Halo: Landfall's debut)


And I don't know if this is of any use or relevance to anyone working on Adjutant, but this cropped up a while ago, and I suppose it's better said & already heard of then unsaid & not spotted: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=48780


We've been looking into it, it has something to do with how the rag reads the raw. We may not be doing it 100% properly which leads to some drift in reading the data which leads to cut off or corrupt audio.


Extreme110
Joined: May 18, 2010

That doesn't motivate me sir!


Posted: Jan 7, 2016 03:21 PM    Msg. 713 of 820       
Quote: --- Original message by: ElijahB1
We've been looking into it, it has something to do with how the rag reads the raw. We may not be doing it 100% properly which leads to some drift in reading the data which leads to cut off or corrupt audio.

I love you guys. Thank you so much <3


R93_Sniper
Joined: Feb 13, 2011

When in Doubt, RUN!


Posted: Jan 7, 2016 04:52 PM    Msg. 714 of 820       
Quote: --- Original message by: ElijahB1
Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI
I have yet to figure out how secondary works with H4 CC.

What's the secret?


Look at the OP for how they work.


Slight issue with this. If you ever actually looked at the CC maps for halo 4, you'll notice that theres white for primary, gray for secondary, and black for no CC. As far as i know you cant exactly pick out specific colors in a single channel when setting up materials in 3ds max. The way I've been doing it is seperating each mask in the CC into different channels of a new bitmap. This way you can get clean materials that arent so watered down


ElijahB1
Joined: Nov 25, 2012


Posted: Jan 7, 2016 05:11 PM    Msg. 715 of 820       
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Quote: --- Original message by: ElijahB1
Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI
I have yet to figure out how secondary works with H4 CC.

What's the secret?


Look at the OP for how they work.


Slight issue with this. If you ever actually looked at the CC maps for halo 4, you'll notice that theres white for primary, gray for secondary, and black for no CC. As far as i know you cant exactly pick out specific colors in a single channel when setting up materials in 3ds max. The way I've been doing it is seperating each mask in the CC into different channels of a new bitmap. This way you can get clean materials that arent so watered down


I don't have time to fully explain it right now, but you can set it up in Max via a color change mask. If you import something from Reach (usually something covenant) the CC mask is setup for you by the import script in the material.
Edited by ElijahB1 on Jan 7, 2016 at 05:12 PM


Super Flanker
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

The length of your life depends on my aim.


Posted: Jan 7, 2016 05:26 PM    Msg. 716 of 820       
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Quote: --- Original message by: ElijahB1
Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI
I have yet to figure out how secondary works with H4 CC.

What's the secret?


Look at the OP for how they work.


Slight issue with this. If you ever actually looked at the CC maps for halo 4, you'll notice that theres white for primary, gray for secondary, and black for no CC. As far as i know you cant exactly pick out specific colors in a single channel when setting up materials in 3ds max. The way I've been doing it is seperating each mask in the CC into different channels of a new bitmap. This way you can get clean materials that arent so watered down


That must be really time consuming.


R93_Sniper
Joined: Feb 13, 2011

When in Doubt, RUN!


Posted: Jan 7, 2016 06:37 PM    Msg. 717 of 820       
Quote: --- Original message by: ElijahB1

Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Quote: --- Original message by: ElijahB1
Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI
I have yet to figure out how secondary works with H4 CC.

What's the secret?


Look at the OP for how they work.


Slight issue with this. If you ever actually looked at the CC maps for halo 4, you'll notice that theres white for primary, gray for secondary, and black for no CC. As far as i know you cant exactly pick out specific colors in a single channel when setting up materials in 3ds max. The way I've been doing it is seperating each mask in the CC into different channels of a new bitmap. This way you can get clean materials that arent so watered down


I don't have time to fully explain it right now, but you can set it up in Max via a color change mask. If you import something from Reach (usually something covenant) the CC mask is setup for you by the import script in the material.
Edited by ElijahB1 on Jan 7, 2016 at 05:12 PM


Yes, for h3 and reach it works fine, but for h4 it doesnt


Alexis
Joined: Nov 22, 2010


Posted: Jan 7, 2016 06:48 PM    Msg. 718 of 820       
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Quote: --- Original message by: ElijahB1
Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI
I have yet to figure out how secondary works with H4 CC.

What's the secret?


Look at the OP for how they work.


Slight issue with this. If you ever actually looked at the CC maps for halo 4, you'll notice that theres white for primary, gray for secondary, and black for no CC. As far as i know you cant exactly pick out specific colors in a single channel when setting up materials in 3ds max. The way I've been doing it is seperating each mask in the CC into different channels of a new bitmap. This way you can get clean materials that arent so watered down


You definitely can. Take an RGB mask texture and load it into Max's RGB Tint material. From there, you should see a box corresponding to each channel. Select the box for the channel you wish to use, and set it to white, then set the other channels to black. Of course, you'll still need to set up the rest of the material correctly, as this just isolates a channel in a given texture.

Here's a visual aid, just in case... In this given example, the material would be isolating the red channel of the applied texture.

Edited by Alexis on Jan 7, 2016 at 06:49 PM


R93_Sniper
Joined: Feb 13, 2011

When in Doubt, RUN!


Posted: Jan 7, 2016 08:24 PM    Msg. 719 of 820       
Quote: --- Original message by: Alexis

Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Slight issue with this. If you ever actually looked at the CC maps for halo 4, you'll notice that theres white for primary, gray for secondary, and black for no CC. As far as i know you cant exactly pick out specific colors in a single channel when setting up materials in 3ds max. The way I've been doing it is seperating each mask in the CC into different channels of a new bitmap. This way you can get clean materials that arent so watered down


You definitely can. Take an RGB mask texture and load it into Max's RGB Tint material. From there, you should see a box corresponding to each channel. Select the box for the channel you wish to use, and set it to white, then set the other channels to black. Of course, you'll still need to set up the rest of the material correctly, as this just isolates a channel in a given texture.

Here's a visual aid, just in case... In this given example, the material would be isolating the red channel of the applied texture.
http://i.imgur.com/3aujoNv.jpg
Edited by Alexis on Jan 7, 2016 at 06:49 PM


That is extremely helpful, thank you. However, is it possible to do that with the alpha Channel? As far as im aware, you could maybe trick 3DS by using a color correction and setting each channel to the alpha, but would that work?





@Elijah: Here's what I meant about the faces. this happens in EVERY halo 4 campaign map file I open up. I want to know if this is just me or if somehow something just goof'd



ElijahB1
Joined: Nov 25, 2012


Posted: Jan 8, 2016 12:21 PM    Msg. 720 of 820       
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Quote: --- Original message by: Alexis

Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Slight issue with this. If you ever actually looked at the CC maps for halo 4, you'll notice that theres white for primary, gray for secondary, and black for no CC. As far as i know you cant exactly pick out specific colors in a single channel when setting up materials in 3ds max. The way I've been doing it is seperating each mask in the CC into different channels of a new bitmap. This way you can get clean materials that arent so watered down


You definitely can. Take an RGB mask texture and load it into Max's RGB Tint material. From there, you should see a box corresponding to each channel. Select the box for the channel you wish to use, and set it to white, then set the other channels to black. Of course, you'll still need to set up the rest of the material correctly, as this just isolates a channel in a given texture.

Here's a visual aid, just in case... In this given example, the material would be isolating the red channel of the applied texture.
http://i.imgur.com/3aujoNv.jpg
Edited by Alexis on Jan 7, 2016 at 06:49 PM


That is extremely helpful, thank you. However, is it possible to do that with the alpha Channel? As far as im aware, you could maybe trick 3DS by using a color correction and setting each channel to the alpha, but would that work?





@Elijah: Here's what I meant about the faces. this happens in EVERY halo 4 campaign map file I open up. I want to know if this is just me or if somehow something just goof'd

http://i68.servimg.com/u/f68/18/86/73/49/compar10.jpg


You'll need to manually fix up the materials to get it looking better, also that 343 render is with higher resolution materials which were not included in the game.


Alexis
Joined: Nov 22, 2010


Posted: Jan 8, 2016 05:38 PM    Msg. 721 of 820       
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Quote: --- Original message by: Alexis

Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Slight issue with this. If you ever actually looked at the CC maps for halo 4, you'll notice that theres white for primary, gray for secondary, and black for no CC. As far as i know you cant exactly pick out specific colors in a single channel when setting up materials in 3ds max. The way I've been doing it is seperating each mask in the CC into different channels of a new bitmap. This way you can get clean materials that arent so watered down


You definitely can. Take an RGB mask texture and load it into Max's RGB Tint material. From there, you should see a box corresponding to each channel. Select the box for the channel you wish to use, and set it to white, then set the other channels to black. Of course, you'll still need to set up the rest of the material correctly, as this just isolates a channel in a given texture.

Here's a visual aid, just in case... In this given example, the material would be isolating the red channel of the applied texture.
http://i.imgur.com/3aujoNv.jpg
Edited by Alexis on Jan 7, 2016 at 06:49 PM


That is extremely helpful, thank you. However, is it possible to do that with the alpha Channel? As far as im aware, you could maybe trick 3DS by using a color correction and setting each channel to the alpha, but would that work?





@Elijah: Here's what I meant about the faces. this happens in EVERY halo 4 campaign map file I open up. I want to know if this is just me or if somehow something just goof'd

http://i68.servimg.com/u/f68/18/86/73/49/compar10.jpg

You can isolate an alpha channel within the standard max bitmap material. Here's another handy image... I've highlighted the changes needed to isolate the alpha in bitmap.


Quote: --- Original message by: ElijahB1

You'll need to manually fix up the materials to get it looking better, also that 343 render is with higher resolution materials which were not included in the game.


I don't think that's what he's talking about. If you notice, the extracted models eyes are misplaced in the socket, and there are random stretched verts on the right eyelid (The model's left).
Edited by Alexis on Jan 8, 2016 at 05:41 PM


Dumb AI
Joined: Sep 18, 2011

Dead.


Posted: Jan 8, 2016 06:12 PM    Msg. 722 of 820       
Quote: --- Original message by: ElijahB1

Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Quote: --- Original message by: ElijahB1
Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI
I have yet to figure out how secondary works with H4 CC.

What's the secret?


Look at the OP for how they work.


Slight issue with this. If you ever actually looked at the CC maps for halo 4, you'll notice that theres white for primary, gray for secondary, and black for no CC. As far as i know you cant exactly pick out specific colors in a single channel when setting up materials in 3ds max. The way I've been doing it is seperating each mask in the CC into different channels of a new bitmap. This way you can get clean materials that arent so watered down


I don't have time to fully explain it right now, but you can set it up in Max via a color change mask. If you import something from Reach (usually something covenant) the CC mask is setup for you by the import script in the material.
Edited by ElijahB1 on Jan 7, 2016 at 05:12 PM

CC bitmaps in H4 are not set up the same way as it is in Reach or any of the past Halo games for that matter.
Edited by Dumb AI on Jan 8, 2016 at 06:13 PM


R93_Sniper
Joined: Feb 13, 2011

When in Doubt, RUN!


Posted: Jan 8, 2016 07:31 PM    Msg. 723 of 820       
Quote: --- Original message by: Alexis

Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
That is extremely helpful, thank you. However, is it possible to do that with the alpha Channel? As far as im aware, you could maybe trick 3DS by using a color correction and setting each channel to the alpha, but would that work?


You can isolate an alpha channel within the standard max bitmap material. Here's another handy image... I've highlighted the changes needed to isolate the alpha in bitmap.
http://i.imgur.com/FNSW7A3.jpg


Yeah I knew that much, was unsure if it actually worked with the RGB Mask part. Was just asking if it worked should I put a color correction slot into the bitmap


Alexis
Joined: Nov 22, 2010


Posted: Jan 8, 2016 07:44 PM    Msg. 724 of 820       
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Quote: --- Original message by: Alexis

Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
That is extremely helpful, thank you. However, is it possible to do that with the alpha Channel? As far as im aware, you could maybe trick 3DS by using a color correction and setting each channel to the alpha, but would that work?


You can isolate an alpha channel within the standard max bitmap material. Here's another handy image... I've highlighted the changes needed to isolate the alpha in bitmap.
http://i.imgur.com/FNSW7A3.jpg


Yeah I knew that much, was unsure if it actually worked with the RGB Mask part. Was just asking if it worked should I put a color correction slot into the bitmap


I'm confused at what you're getting at... Are you not trying to isolate the alpha?


R93_Sniper
Joined: Feb 13, 2011

When in Doubt, RUN!


Posted: Jan 8, 2016 09:08 PM    Msg. 725 of 820       
Quote: --- Original message by: Alexis
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Quote: --- Original message by: Alexis

Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
That is extremely helpful, thank you. However, is it possible to do that with the alpha Channel? As far as im aware, you could maybe trick 3DS by using a color correction and setting each channel to the alpha, but would that work?


You can isolate an alpha channel within the standard max bitmap material. Here's another handy image... I've highlighted the changes needed to isolate the alpha in bitmap.
http://i.imgur.com/FNSW7A3.jpg


Yeah I knew that much, was unsure if it actually worked with the RGB Mask part. Was just asking if it worked should I put a color correction slot into the bitmap


I'm confused at what you're getting at... Are you not trying to isolate the alpha?


In halo 4, all of the information for CC is held in the alpha of the control map. So yes, I am indeed trying to isolate the alpha. Was wondering if using a color correction map within the RGB Mask would allow me to pick out the primary (white) from the secondary (50% gray) and the non-cc (Black)


Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-
Joined: Feb 24, 2007


Posted: Jan 8, 2016 09:51 PM    Msg. 726 of 820       
try the "output" section of the bitmap slot. you might be able to single it out by changing the colour map sliders.



Alexis
Joined: Nov 22, 2010


Posted: Jan 8, 2016 09:53 PM    Msg. 727 of 820       
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Quote: --- Original message by: Alexis
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Quote: --- Original message by: Alexis

Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
That is extremely helpful, thank you. However, is it possible to do that with the alpha Channel? As far as im aware, you could maybe trick 3DS by using a color correction and setting each channel to the alpha, but would that work?


You can isolate an alpha channel within the standard max bitmap material. Here's another handy image... I've highlighted the changes needed to isolate the alpha in bitmap.
http://i.imgur.com/FNSW7A3.jpg


Yeah I knew that much, was unsure if it actually worked with the RGB Mask part. Was just asking if it worked should I put a color correction slot into the bitmap


I'm confused at what you're getting at... Are you not trying to isolate the alpha?


In halo 4, all of the information for CC is held in the alpha of the control map. So yes, I am indeed trying to isolate the alpha. Was wondering if using a color correction map within the RGB Mask would allow me to pick out the primary (white) from the secondary (50% gray) and the non-cc (Black)


AH!,

Gotcha... You probably wouldn't be able to isolate the 50% gray with that method... You could just use a standard bitmap material, then under the output tab, Check "Enable Color Map" and mess with the curve chart to isolate one of the 3 values. Repeat that in process in separate materials to get each color separated. From there, just set up your composite material with 3 Mask materials with each mask containing one of the above isolated values.

Hopefully that makes sense...


R93_Sniper
Joined: Feb 13, 2011

When in Doubt, RUN!


Posted: Jan 9, 2016 12:37 AM    Msg. 728 of 820       
Tried it, it didn't work out. Here's an example using one of the bipeds I've made at some point. Here's what it looks like by default



I added a secondary color on the chest(Forest) to show off the issues with just using straight H4 CC. Not much a difference is made using the other methods, either. However, by splitting the channels up in a separate bitmap you get this



Once again focused on the chest. You'll notice the secondary is far more vibrant and doesn't affect certain areas (most noticeable by the ammo packs). This is what Dumb AI meant by the secondary on H4 CC maps.

For those who want to set it up yourselves, here's how I did it personally.

Alpha Channel of Control map


Separating the CC map into different channels


Red Channel


Green Channel


Blue Channel


You'll notice how the Red Channel contains the information that is just the white (Primary color) portion of the CC Map, While the Green contains the black (Non-CC) and the Blue contains the 50% gray (secondary).

In 3DS Max, in the diffuse slot, make a composite material with 3 layers. The bottom most layer set to Normal, and the map is a color correction with the control map, green as all three channels. this should give you the diffuse for the armor. After that you should have something like this, minus the filled slots



The slots on the left should have "Mix" materials, from there you should put a color correction map like this into the "mix amount" slot


In the mask of the composite material (the right side) should have a color correction map like this in it.


For the secondary, use green instead of red.


@Flanker, Dumb AI, Alexis, Elijah:

Hopefully that clears up what I've had to do in order to get the CC map stuff working. It's a long process and its not really fun :'(


ElijahB1
Joined: Nov 25, 2012


Posted: Jan 11, 2016 09:08 PM    Msg. 729 of 820       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI
CC bitmaps in H4 are not set up the same way as it is in Reach or any of the past Halo games for that matter.
Edited by Dumb AI on Jan 8, 2016 at 06:13 PM


You're wrong, most of the BSP's in the other games use CC masks to combine multiple materials in a similar way to Halo 4 armor colors work... But what do I know? I just work on the program haha


Dumb AI
Joined: Sep 18, 2011

Dead.


Posted: Jan 11, 2016 09:41 PM    Msg. 730 of 820       
Quote: --- Original message by: ElijahB1
Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI
CC bitmaps in H4 are not set up the same way as it is in Reach or any of the past Halo games for that matter.
Edited by Dumb AI on Jan 8, 2016 at 06:13 PM


You're wrong, most of the BSP's in the other games use CC masks to combine multiple materials in a similar way to Halo 4 armor colors work... But what do I know? I just work on the program haha

Alright then, I am wrong.

I can not say the same about what I said within the context and scope established on this page. What you directed me to is not applicable for what I aimed to do, and for whatever reason, the two different CC setups are treated as if they could be processed the same way.

To answer your rhetorical question, I'd say you certainly would know quite a bit, though there are few things that you may need to work on.


Edited by Dumb AI on Jan 11, 2016 at 10:13 PM


ElijahB1
Joined: Nov 25, 2012


Posted: Jan 11, 2016 10:16 PM    Msg. 731 of 820       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI

Quote: --- Original message by: ElijahB1
Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI
CC bitmaps in H4 are not set up the same way as it is in Reach or any of the past Halo games for that matter.
Edited by Dumb AI on Jan 8, 2016 at 06:13 PM


You're wrong, most of the BSP's in the other games use CC masks to combine multiple materials in a similar way to Halo 4 armor colors work... But what do I know? I just work on the program haha

Alright then, I am wrong.

I can not say the same about what I said within the context and scope established on this page. What you directed me to is not applicable for what I aimed to do, and for whatever reason, the two different CC setups are treated as if they could be processed the same way.

To answer your rhetorical question, I'd say you certainly would know quite a bit, though there are few things that you may need to work on.


Edited by Dumb AI on Jan 11, 2016 at 10:13 PM


They can be set up in the same way in max. Just import a bsp form Reach or something and look on how the materials are set up by the scripts. You can copy that over to use with Halo 4 materials. Ez


Dumb AI
Joined: Sep 18, 2011

Dead.


Posted: Jan 11, 2016 10:22 PM    Msg. 732 of 820       
Quote: --- Original message by: ElijahB1
Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI

Quote: --- Original message by: ElijahB1
Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI
no

wrong

kay


They can be set up in the same way in max. Just import a bsp form Reach or something and look on how the materials are set up by the scripts. You can copy that over to use with Halo 4 materials. Ez

Very well, I will try that. Thank you.

Edited by Dumb AI on Jan 11, 2016 at 10:23 PM


R93_Sniper
Joined: Feb 13, 2011

When in Doubt, RUN!


Posted: Jan 12, 2016 04:41 AM    Msg. 733 of 820       
Terrain BSP doesn't use CC though, it uses blend masks. any time you have terrain on a map (halo 4 is VERY notable for doing this, hr does it in like two areas as I've found) you'll have a map that looks like a spray of red green and blue. each of those areas are zones where a different texture is placed and tiled, and the blend mask just controls where they blend into eachother, how much, and where they have absolute control.

Other BSP, such as covenant and some UNSC stuff however does, and i'll give you that (albeit a lot of the covenant stuff is done via specular tint and cubemapping)

From what I've seen so far, The armor and weapon CC between H3/HR and H4 are completely different. H3/HR uses a simple RGB Mask while H4 uses a single texture. What I did was basically recreate the H3/HR way for H4 bitmaps :L


ElijahB1
Joined: Nov 25, 2012


Posted: Jan 14, 2016 10:42 AM    Msg. 734 of 820       
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Terrain BSP doesn't use CC though, it uses blend masks. any time you have terrain on a map (halo 4 is VERY notable for doing this, hr does it in like two areas as I've found) you'll have a map that looks like a spray of red green and blue. each of those areas are zones where a different texture is placed and tiled, and the blend mask just controls where they blend into eachother, how much, and where they have absolute control.

Other BSP, such as covenant and some UNSC stuff however does, and i'll give you that (albeit a lot of the covenant stuff is done via specular tint and cubemapping)

From what I've seen so far, The armor and weapon CC between H3/HR and H4 are completely different. H3/HR uses a simple RGB Mask while H4 uses a single texture. What I did was basically recreate the H3/HR way for H4 bitmaps :L


What I am trying to say is that in Max, the material setup is the same.


R93_Sniper
Joined: Feb 13, 2011

When in Doubt, RUN!


Posted: Jan 14, 2016 01:36 PM    Msg. 735 of 820       
i kinda already proved to you that for certain things that's not the case?

 
Page 21 of 24 Go to page: · 1 · ... · 17 · 18 · 19 · 20 · [21] · 22 · 23 · 24 · Prev · Next

 
Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread







Time: Sat September 23, 2017 2:22 PM 344 ms.
A Halo Maps Website