A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Adjutant News and Info!

Page 3 of 24 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · [3] · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · ... · 24 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: Adjutant News and Info! (820 messages, Page 3 of 24)
Moderators: Dennis

MEGA_VKNG

Apparently not allowed to move on

Posted: Apr 6, 2014 12:05 PM    Msg. 71 of 820       
Yeah im working on forge island more and getting the textures ingame. XD

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Apr 6, 2014 12:10 PM    Msg. 72 of 820       
Quote: --- Original message by: killzone64
Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh
So anyone up to creating a good H3 tagset now? One with vehicles, equipment and bipeds.

already working on it. i just need to get my equipment finished then get the warthogs done then the weapons need to be balanced.

i am also ingaming standoff atm as a quick side project

rats nest on the other hand needs a ton of work. its 600,000 polys but the bsp is a mess. halo 3's tools must have been extremely lenient in order for that to get ingame

And if it didn't work, I'm sure there were workarounds in the tools.

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Apr 6, 2014 12:47 PM    Msg. 73 of 820       
So anyone up to creating a good H3 tagset now? One with vehicles, equipment and bipeds.

already working on it. i just need to get my equipment finished then get the warthogs done then the weapons need to be balanced.

i am also ingaming standoff atm as a quick side project

rats nest on the other hand needs a ton of work. its 600,000 polys but the bsp is a mess. halo 3's tools must have been extremely lenient in order for that to get ingame

The bsp its self for rats nest is only around 20,000 and is probably the easiest to in game I've noticed so far.

Also, to the person who posted all of the cut stuff, you forgot the revenant and the other promethean grenade.
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Apr 6, 2014 at 12:49 PM

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Apr 6, 2014 03:06 PM    Msg. 74 of 820       
Elijah, a direct question if I may. I was going around to get the halo 4 MP Spartans, and for some reason I got a few distinct errors.

Firstly, when I tried to load It first from ca_blood_cavern, I ended up actually getting a system memory error, and I couldn't grab the models or bitmaps from it.

Secondly, I went to z11_valhalla like in the screenshot, and I seemed to get a lot of models as that square on the bottom of the screen. I was under the assumption that all the mp Spartans minus the DLC ones were available, or am I wrong about that?

Thirdly, extracting the bitmaps, more than half of the bitmaps read as unsupported file type and some DX error, which I really couldn't understand what was.

Fourthly, loading it into max, some of the textures that I had view of in the model viewer didn't show up (notably that flood arm)

Any solutions to any of these, and if you need clarification, a picture?

ElijahB1

Posted: Apr 6, 2014 03:45 PM    Msg. 75 of 820       
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Elijah, a direct question if I may. I was going around to get the halo 4 MP Spartans, and for some reason I got a few distinct errors.

Firstly, when I tried to load It first from ca_blood_cavern, I ended up actually getting a system memory error, and I couldn't grab the models or bitmaps from it.

Secondly, I went to z11_valhalla like in the screenshot, and I seemed to get a lot of models as that square on the bottom of the screen. I was under the assumption that all the mp Spartans minus the DLC ones were available, or am I wrong about that?

Thirdly, extracting the bitmaps, more than half of the bitmaps read as unsupported file type and some DX error, which I really couldn't understand what was.

Fourthly, loading it into max, some of the textures that I had view of in the model viewer didn't show up (notably that flood arm)

1: I addressed this in the OP, Halo 4 stuff is higher detail, so it uses more system memory. You may from time to time get this error when looking on Halo 4 content. Closing and re-opening the app will solve the issue. We are looking onto a better way to store things in the system memory.

2: The square from what it looks like is the default variant of every bipd model, it could have been used by 343 while debugging the game. If you don't want it in your extraction, deselect the default variants.

3: Some file types are not supported still, you should be able to extract all the bitmaps that you would normally use though, like the control map, normal, and others.

4: Halo 4 has a new way of doing shaders that is a bit tricky and we are looking into how we can improve its importation into max, for now though you will need to manually track down bitmaps for Halo 4 assets.

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Apr 6, 2014 04:14 PM    Msg. 76 of 820       
im having issues with H4 sounds. it either says "The system cannot find the file specified"

or perms are blank when i click a sound.

ElijahB1

Posted: Apr 6, 2014 04:21 PM    Msg. 77 of 820       
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812
im having issues with H4 sounds. it either says "The system cannot find the file specified"

or perms are blank when i click a sound.

See:

Quote: --- Original message by: ElijahB1
- Sound extraction support for Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, Halo Reach, and Halo 4. (Halo 4 DLC maps don't work yet and you will need the sound bank and sound stream files in place just like shared maps)

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Apr 6, 2014 04:23 PM    Msg. 78 of 820       
same with non dlc. i just wanna extract the mp music :(
Edited by MEGASEAN2812 on Apr 6, 2014 at 04:26 PM

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Apr 6, 2014 04:23 PM    Msg. 79 of 820       

1: I addressed this in the OP, Halo 4 stuff is higher detail, so it uses more system memory. You may from time to time get this error when looking on Halo 4 content. Closing and re-opening the app will solve the issue. We are looking onto a better way to store things in the system memory.

2: The square from what it looks like is the default variant of every bipd model, it could have been used by 343 while debugging the game. If you don't want it in your extraction, deselect the default variants.

3: Some file types are not supported still, you should be able to extract all the bitmaps that you would normally use though, like the control map, normal, and others.

4: Halo 4 has a new way of doing shaders that is a bit tricky and we are looking into how we can improve its importation into max, for now though you will need to manually track down bitmaps for Halo 4 assets.

This is interesting. Apparently the texture errors I got (#3 and 4) was actually due to me extracting all the textures using the render model thing. apparently some files got damaged during extraction, but if I extract them manually from the bitmap folder it works fine. Im not sure if this is only me but I think it might be something to look into

ElijahB1

Posted: Apr 6, 2014 04:31 PM    Msg. 80 of 820       
This is interesting. Apparently the texture errors I got (#3 and 4) was actually due to me extracting all the textures using the render model thing. apparently some files got damaged during extraction, but if I extract them manually from the bitmap folder it works fine. Im not sure if this is only me but I think it might be something to look into

I'll look into it, it bay be something with how it handles batch extracting from the model viewer. What I do is just extract everything from every map so when it comes to linking bitmaps I just click on the root folder and max takes care of the rest.

same with non dlc. i just wanna extract the mp music :(
Edited by MEGASEAN2812 on Apr 6, 2014 at 04:26 PM

Well, DLC maps don't work at all so don't try them. Are you sure you have sound bank and sound stream files in the same folder as the map you are extracting from? Are you using the build I provided in the OP? What sound are you messing with?

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Apr 6, 2014 04:32 PM    Msg. 81 of 820       
the music that plays during mp. and im not using dlc.

ElijahB1

Posted: Apr 6, 2014 04:36 PM    Msg. 82 of 820       
the music that plays during mp. and im not using dlc.

There is a lot of sound files associated with MP music...

Halo 4 out of all the games has the worst sound support, so you may run into a few files (about 1/4th per map) that are not going to work. Add that on top of the broken tags 343 was too lazy to remove.. you'll bump into a few non-working ones.

We are working to improve sound support for Halo 4.

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Apr 6, 2014 04:38 PM    Msg. 83 of 820       
thanks. all of the mp is blank. exept play_mus_pvp_start. but its not extractable and cant be played.

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: Apr 6, 2014 04:51 PM    Msg. 84 of 820       
In the hierarchy :)

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: Apr 6, 2014 04:55 PM    Msg. 85 of 820       
It works for rotation pivot too,.

ElijahB1

Posted: Apr 6, 2014 05:49 PM    Msg. 86 of 820       
All extracted BSPs allong withtheir Instance Geometry seem to have their pivots at 0,0,0 and their rotation pivots also at 0,0,0.. Any way to fix this?

In 3DS Max you can select all objects and place them in a group, them move the group to 0,0,0 so that it will be in the center of your scene and not off in space. Once there you can un-group everything and set them to pivot around there centers. Can't fix rotation though, got to do that by hand.

1bobsam1

I win. You lose.

Posted: Apr 6, 2014 06:00 PM    Msg. 87 of 820       
Quick question, I'm not planning on doing much with this, maybe I will, I'm not very good with the texture handling. How do you handle the bitmaps when it tells you to select the bitmap folder when importing. Let me summarize what I am trying to ask.

- Do I just have to extract the contents of the "bitmaps" folder located in the .map file?

- What filetype (for bitmaps) should I do, since I will be importing it as an AMF?

- Should I put all the raw bitmap files, in whatever filetype I extracted them as, into one single folder?

- Do I have to manually create the materials in 3ds Max?

Other than the textures I have no other issues with ripping and importing a textureless BSP.
Edited by 1bobsam1 on Apr 6, 2014 at 06:01 PM

ElijahB1

Posted: Apr 6, 2014 06:05 PM    Msg. 88 of 820       
Yeah, I thought so. I don't know if you can make it so the importer does it for you, but if you could, that would be nice.

No, it works better the way it dose at the moment and only takes a little effort on your end to get it where you want. The reason it is better the way it is, is if you wanted to import all the bsp's from say, Halo 3's "The Storm", all you would need to do is import them all and they will all be in there proper positions next to each other as opposed to all being over lapped and nasty.

The BSP models are at the coordinates that they are at in game.

ElijahB1

Posted: Apr 6, 2014 06:26 PM    Msg. 89 of 820       
Why not let them retain their coordinates while giving them the right pivot and rotation pivot? Or maybe make an option to choose between one of the 2(because moving a BSP to the right position is easy as pie).

To be honest I am not sure what you mean by the right pivot and rotation, it's exactly as it is coming out of the map. I could look into it, but I'd also rather not waste time making an option that would take you like, maybe, 2 min to do your self.

Quote: --- Original message by: 1bobsam1

Quick question, I'm not planning on doing much with this, maybe I will, I'm not very good with the texture handling. How do you handle the bitmaps when it tells you to select the bitmap folder when importing. Let me summarize what I am trying to ask.

- Do I just have to extract the contents of the "bitmaps" folder located in the .map file?

- What filetype (for bitmaps) should I do, since I will be importing it as an AMF?

- Should I put all the raw bitmap files, in whatever filetype I extracted them as, into one single folder?

- Do I have to manually create the materials in 3ds Max?

Other than the textures I have no other issues with ripping and importing a textureless BSP.
Edited by 1bobsam1 on Apr 6, 2014 at 06:01 PM

1: People do things differently, what I do though is extract all the bitmaps, models, and sounds from each map into a folder so that I can have easy access to them.

2: For bitmaps, I'd recommend the .tif format.

3: When you batch extract the bitmap folder from a map it will make a nice directory for you.

4: No, once you import it the Max scripts will set it all up for you.

1bobsam1

I win. You lose.

Posted: Apr 6, 2014 06:55 PM    Msg. 90 of 820       
Alright, I got it working. I had selected the wrong directory last time.

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/2870/754b.png

ElijahB1

Posted: Apr 6, 2014 07:36 PM    Msg. 91 of 820       
It won't take 2 min to do yourself, since you would have to do every piece manually. Which would take ages since every BSP has like what, 400? I don't have a PC so I can't really show you what I mean sadly.

Correct me if I am wrong, but is this what you are after? Every object having a pivot at its own center?

Full Res:
http://i.imgur.com/dQYaLiS.png

Because that is really simple to do...
Edited by ElijahB1 on Apr 6, 2014 at 07:37 PM

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: Apr 6, 2014 11:37 PM    Msg. 92 of 820       
Yes that is what he is wanting.

ElijahB1

Posted: Apr 7, 2014 12:01 AM    Msg. 93 of 820       
Quote: --- Original message by: Maniac1000
Yes that is what he is wanting.

Than see:

In 3DS Max you can select all objects and place them in a group, them move the group to 0,0,0 so that it will be in the center of your scene and not off in space. Once there you can un-group everything and set them to pivot around there centers. Can't fix rotation though, got to do that by hand.

When I say it dose not fix rotation, I mean that if a block is at 45 degrees, it will still have its pivot set to 0 even if the block is rotated 45 degrees. It will still rotate around its center, you just rotate the block though to where you want it..

Takes no more than 2 min to do.

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Apr 7, 2014 03:19 AM    Msg. 94 of 820       
Yes, no more than 2 min for 1 object. But what if you have more than 300 to rotate?

By my "maths", it would take more than 600 minutes, which is equal to 10 hours.
Edited by Dumb AI on Apr 7, 2014 at 03:20 AM

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Apr 7, 2014 04:49 AM    Msg. 95 of 820       
If you have a bit more understanding of max, you could ideally align the pivot to the object and simply select multiple objects that are similar at once and transform on them together.

Then again, this is coming from the guy who learns from reverse engineering other people's max work. boo

ElijahB1

Posted: Apr 7, 2014 08:29 AM    Msg. 96 of 820       
Yes, no more than 2 min for 1 object. But what if you have more than 300 to rotate?

No, 2 min for a whole bsp, I posted a pic of what I am talking about. I'm not retarded.

Another question, Any way to import nodes as something other than bones?

No.

ElijahB1

Posted: Apr 7, 2014 08:56 AM    Msg. 97 of 820       
Quote: --- Original message by: SupaTrolol
Another question, Any way to import nodes as something other than bones?

When you import something that needs individually moveable nodes, e.g a weapon, use the .amf importer and uncheck "Set Bone Enable"

Yes, if you wanted to freely move a bone you can use that option, I was not sure that was what he was asking though..

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Apr 8, 2014 01:33 AM    Msg. 98 of 820       
I can't seem to extract sounds from ANY map now I just noticed (h3, h3o, HR, H4) It gives me "Error System Cannot find the file specified". Nothing changed, my set up is still right?

Rosanna Weyland

Up and down, and all around.

Posted: Apr 8, 2014 06:39 AM    Msg. 99 of 820       
Quote: --- Original message by: Ki11erFTW
I can't seem to extract sounds from ANY map now I just noticed (h3, h3o, HR, H4) It gives me "Error System Cannot find the file specified". Nothing changed, my set up is still right?

You're sure you have all the .map files where they need to be, and you have all the Helpers files in the right place?

ElijahB1

Posted: Apr 8, 2014 09:57 AM    Msg. 100 of 820       
Quote: --- Original message by: Ki11erFTW

Read OP.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Apr 8, 2014 10:07 AM    Msg. 101 of 820       
Is there a place to download the Halo 3 map files?

videoman

We are Microsoft, Resistance is Futile

Posted: Apr 8, 2014 03:03 PM    Msg. 102 of 820       

You might want to that you remove that link. Since it go against the Forums rules. Just a recommendation. The link leads to Illegal/Copy written Content.

At least that's what I would suggest...

Anyways, no problems to report with the new version of Adjutant.
Edited by videoman on Apr 8, 2014 at 03:52 PM

killzone64

Back at it

Posted: Apr 8, 2014 03:40 PM    Msg. 103 of 820       
i have posted that link a bunch of times before and Dennis has done nothing about it. i don't think there is anything to worry about

videoman

Posted: Apr 8, 2014 04:00 PM    Msg. 104 of 820       
i have posted that link a bunch of times before and Dennis has done nothing about it. i don't think there is anything to worry about

The way the .map files are obtained is considered to be reverse engineering and reverse engineering is seen in a court setting a illegal. That being that case, the .map files can be considered illegal. This is because the people who extract the data from the ISO file (That being everything within the encrypted Image file, including the .map files) create a program the reverse engineering the data into a readable format. So in turn, the .map files are reverse engineered content.

Anyways, would rather have people not be getting in trouble because of something they did not really know was wrongful doing.

videoman

Posted: Apr 8, 2014 05:45 PM    Msg. 105 of 820       
With that mindset, wouldn't Adjudant support reverse engineering to some extent? Since it can only be used with .map files which require reverse engineering to obtain.

In theory I would have to guess, yes. But in actuality, its really up to the eye of the beholder. The point of my message was more about the fact that it's better to be safe then sorry. So, I guess you can post links to the .map files, but just be warned that it might warrant a ban or warning to the poster of the link. Though that is really up to Dennis's viewpoint and perspective on the whole matter.

Also, it's probably safer to inform people who are looking for the .map files to just look for them using Google or a similar search engine. Since when you are looking for the .map files on Google, you will find them faster then waiting for someone to reply with a link.

Page 3 of 24 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · [3] · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · ... · 24 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu July 27, 2017 8:34 AM 328 ms.
A Halo Maps Website