A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Adjutant News and Info!

Page 25 of 25 Go to page: · 1 · ... · 18 · 19 · 20 · 21 · 22 · 23 · 24 · [25] · Prev
Author Topic: Adjutant News and Info! (851 messages, Page 25 of 25)
Moderators: Dennis

lomopo28

Posted: Jul 2, 2019 11:56 AM    Msg. 841 of 851       
Quote: Adjutant is essentially discontinued, though I am working on a new project which I likely will eventually support the MCC PC maps with, among other things. With work and other commitments taking up most of my time progress on the new project has been slow, though, so it may not be ready until a while after MCC PC is fully released.
Edited by Gravemind on Jul 1, 2019 at 08:07 PM

This is great to hear, have you compiled any information about the new map formats (apart from reversed headers)?

Gravemind

sucks and is talentless

Posted: Jul 2, 2019 08:42 PM    Msg. 842 of 851       
Quote: --- Original message by: lomopo28
This is great to hear, have you compiled any information about the new map formats (apart from reversed headers)?

I'll have to wait until either the game is released or I'm part of a flight to look at the files but from what I've been told the MCC map files aren't too different from the 360 ones and have the exact same tag list.
I did get Halo 5 partially working though, but it was far too buggy to be of any use and a lot of the bitmaps are using BC7 which I haven't made a decoder for yet.

videoman

We are Microsoft, Resistance is Futile

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 01:54 PM    Msg. 843 of 851       
Quote: --- Original message by: Gravemind

I'll have to wait until either the game is released or I'm part of a flight to look at the files but from what I've been told the MCC map files aren't too different from the 360 ones and have the exact same tag list.
I did get Halo 5 partially working though, but it was far too buggy to be of any use and a lot of the bitmaps are using BC7 which I haven't made a decoder for yet.

Are you signed up for a Flight as well? First one dropped within the last week but it was very small so only a select few were included.

Also I don't doubt they are all that different. I can imagine only Halo 2A would be much different due to the upgrade they gave it. All the other games are unlikely to change since MCC is just a glorified Hub to access all of Xbox 360 Halo games.

Did the Adjutant team have to create a custom decoder for the 360 games? From your wording it sounds like it.

Gravemind

sucks and is talentless

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 07:57 PM    Msg. 844 of 851       
I am signed up for flighting but I'm not surprised I didn't make the first flight.

If H2A is like CEA, then the maps will be almost identical but with the bitmaps all moved into the Saber files instead of a map file. The Saber files may be completely different or very similar to the CEA ones though - only time will tell.

If by decoder you are referring the the bitmaps stuff I mentioned previously, then Adjutant used most of the same bitmap decoders as the old Alteration and Darkfall tools. For my new project I've made my own ones, so far I've covered BC1 to BC5 and a handful of xbox variations. BC7 isn't as straight forward as 1-5 though so I haven't spent any time on it since it isn't used until Halo5, and a decoder is only needed if you want to use a format other than DDS anyway.

videoman

We are Microsoft, Resistance is Futile

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 09:37 PM    Msg. 845 of 851       
Quote: --- Original message by: Gravemind
I am signed up for flighting but I'm not surprised I didn't make the first flight.

If H2A is like CEA, then the maps will be almost identical but with the bitmaps all moved into the Saber files instead of a map file. The Saber files may be completely different or very similar to the CEA ones though - only time will tell.

If by decoder you are referring the the bitmaps stuff I mentioned previously, then Adjutant used most of the same bitmap decoders as the old Alteration and Darkfall tools. For my new project I've made my own ones, so far I've covered BC1 to BC5 and a handful of xbox variations. BC7 isn't as straight forward as 1-5 though so I haven't spent any time on it since it isn't used until Halo5, and a decoder is only needed if you want to use a format other than DDS anyway.

Since I am not very privy to what BC1-5 or BC7 mean, can you explain what they are a bit more? Also what BC means too would be great. Thanks!

Gravemind

sucks and is talentless

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 10:40 PM    Msg. 846 of 851       
BC stands for block compression. There are a number of standard compression methods used to compress images - the BC formats are among them. They work by compressing small sections (blocks) of the image separately rather than the image as a whole.

• BC1 is DXT1

• BC2 is DXT2/3

• BC3 is DXT4/5

If I remember correctly BC4/BC5 are also known as ATI1/ATI2. I don't know of any common names for BC6 and 7.
Xbox 360 also supports some modified versions of the standard BC formats.

supersniper

fear the sniper

Posted: Aug 3, 2019 11:56 PM    Msg. 847 of 851       
Hey so I have 3ds max 8 and the AMF2 importer script was coded with a function that was introduce in 3ds max 9. I am using max8 because it's the most compatible for halo 2 vista.

However I cannot import the extracted geometry because of the script error.

The error is the dotNetControl function not existing in 3dx max 8 or lower.
Source

After looking at the script source it is the tvRegions UI control to present all the options.

Quote:
rollout mainRollout "AMF Importer v2.1" width:368 height:488
(
GroupBox grp_load "Load File" pos:[8,8] width:352 height:72
button btn_load "Load Model File" pos:[120,32] width:122 height:29

label lbl_selMesh "Select Meshes:" pos:[8,88] width:96 height:16 enabled:false
dotNetControl tvRegions "System.Windows.Forms.TreeView" pos:[8,104] width:184 height:296

I can probably change this but if Gravemind is still around, will you make a 3ds max 8 compatible script?

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Aug 10, 2019 12:04 AM    Msg. 848 of 851       
Gravemind doesn't work on adjutant anymore, afaik that's Elijah now and everything is set up almost exclusively for max 13

Gravemind

sucks and is talentless

Posted: Aug 10, 2019 10:00 AM    Msg. 849 of 851       
Quote: --- Original message by: supersniper
Hey so I have 3ds max 8 and the AMF2 importer script was coded with a function that was introduce in 3ds max 9. I am using max8 because it's the most compatible for halo 2 vista.

However I cannot import the extracted geometry because of the script error.

The error is the dotNetControl function not existing in 3dx max 8 or lower.
Source

After looking at the script source it is the tvRegions UI control to present all the options.

Quote:
rollout mainRollout "AMF Importer v2.1" width:368 height:488
(
GroupBox grp_load "Load File" pos:[8,8] width:352 height:72
button btn_load "Load Model File" pos:[120,32] width:122 height:29

label lbl_selMesh "Select Meshes:" pos:[8,88] width:96 height:16 enabled:false
dotNetControl tvRegions "System.Windows.Forms.TreeView" pos:[8,104] width:184 height:296

I can probably change this but if Gravemind is still around, will you make a 3ds max 8 compatible script?

I can't guarantee there won't be more compatibility issues, but I removed the TreeView so maybe it will work with Max 8 now:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/nd143fuxcy5kp10/AMF2_No_TreeView.ms/file

supersniper

fear the sniper

Posted: Aug 12, 2019 01:28 PM    Msg. 850 of 851       
Here are the results from the max8 script modification you posted gravemind

Quote:
-- rName: "Clusters"
-- called in createMeshes(); filename: D:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\3dsMax8\Scripts\AMF2 No TreeView.ms; position: 22822
-- Frame:
-- norm: false
-- unwrap: false
-- uv: true
-- meshDic: #()
-- mrge: true
-- weight: true
-- called in btn_import.pressed(); filename: D:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\3dsMax8\Scripts\AMF2 No TreeView.ms; position: 49702
-- Frame:
>> MAXScript Rollout Handler Exception: -- Type error: Call needs function or class, got: undefined <<
n_import.pressed(); filename: D:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\3dsMax8\Scripts\AMF2 No TreeView.ms; position: 49702
-- Frame:
>> MAXScript Rollout Handler Exception: -- Type error: Call needs function or class, got: undefined <<

I'm going through the script right now, but my assumption is that a call function used is too new or non existent in max8

I was trying to import -Cyberdyne (The Pit) BSP extracted from adjutant 4.2

It seems to be failing at the meshes. Any idea what could cause it?
Edited by supersniper on Aug 12, 2019 at 10:40 PM

RevOcelotMGS

Posted: Oct 5, 2019 10:44 PM    Msg. 851 of 851       
Hey, several questions:
Does anyone know how to extract CEA models?
Is there any way to convert the AMF/EMF importers to work with Blender?

Thanks.

Page 25 of 25 Go to page: · 1 · ... · 18 · 19 · 20 · 21 · 22 · 23 · 24 · [25] · Prev

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed November 13, 2019 6:10 AM 2,391 ms.
A Halo Maps Website