A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista General Discussion »Need a key

Author Topic: Need a key (14 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

shadowgamer128

Posted: Apr 25, 2014 03:29 PM    Msg. 1 of 14       
I know i have no right to ask for this from you people, but i was wondering if somebody could get me a halo 2 key so i can play online, ive never played halo 2 back when it was on the original xbox, but now i have a pc, and have been wanting to play, so if somebody could please send me a key, id be forever grateful.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Apr 26, 2014 06:09 AM    Msg. 2 of 14       
Because you just joined on the greatest day ever, maybe I can find some legal way to help you out.

Only if you have facebook though.

If not, it's pretty much cloverfield for you 3>

Twinreaper

Posted: Apr 27, 2014 01:33 AM    Msg. 3 of 14       
If you can afford a PC, then you can afford to buy a legit copy from Amazon for $15.

BKTiel

strong independent bird needs no cage

Posted: Apr 27, 2014 01:35 AM    Msg. 4 of 14       
Quote: --- Original message by: Twinreaper
If you can afford a PC, then you can afford to buy a legit copy from Amazon for $15.

There are so many holes in this argument, but I think you already know them so I'm not going to bother to repeat them.

MEGA_VKNG

Now retired from CE, enjoy DW! https://goo.gl/1Bup

Posted: Apr 27, 2014 02:41 AM    Msg. 5 of 14       
Quote: --- Original message by: BKTiel

There are so many holes in this argument, but I think you already know them so I'm not going to bother to repeat them.

Nah, they arent

BKTiel

Posted: Apr 27, 2014 03:15 AM    Msg. 6 of 14       
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812

Nah, they arent

Let's do a little ACT prep.

If Indian kid A receives hand-me-down Computer X for a Christmas present, how many games can he buy?

A) 5
B) 3
C) 7
D) Not enough information

There is insufficient evidence in the question to indicate Indian kid A's income or resources, only that he has a computer. Therefore it is impossible to tell how much he has outside of that, meaning any answer to the question is a biased estimate; invalid by any other word. The correct answer is D.

Super Flanker

Posted: Apr 27, 2014 10:43 AM    Msg. 7 of 14       
Actually the answer is E) None.

kirby_422

Apparently public enemy number 1?

Posted: Apr 27, 2014 02:07 PM    Msg. 8 of 14       
If Indian kid A receives hand-me-down Computer X for a Christmas present, how many games can he buy?

A) 5
B) 3
C) 7
D) Not enough information

The answer is E) He has someone close to him that's handing off a computer that can handle a 7 or so year old game well enough that he can play it; that this computer is still fully functional with the capability to play games, yet being passed off, his sources can buy him a 10 dollar game.

BKTiel

Posted: Apr 27, 2014 09:30 PM    Msg. 9 of 14       
a biased estimate; invalid by any other word.

Basically no matter how you swing it the only way to come up with 'e' is by applying our own cultural archetypes and presumptions to the scenario, rendering any derived answer incorrect. What holds true in our plush 1st world lives might not be the case elsewhere in the globe.

Super Flanker

Posted: Apr 30, 2014 12:24 PM    Msg. 10 of 14       
Indian kids don't have lives.

It's

1. Be born.

2. Study hard in school

3. Arranged marriage at 21

4. Become a doctor

5. Die of a heart attack.

:)

Kills_Alone

I ain't got no candy for you, NO CANDY

Posted: Apr 30, 2014 06:34 PM    Msg. 11 of 14       
A G4WL key from that era can be purchased for as little as a dollar. So you purchase Shadowrun or Gears of War PC and away you go.

Anyone can save up a dollar, especially if they have a computer powerful enough to run this shoddy port of a game. This hypothetical computer probably has a PCI Express GPU as well, considering the age it is unlikely an onboard GPU would provide an acceptable frame-rate. The electricity and internet to run said computer and connect it to other players would cost more. The monitor and keyboard would cost more, the mouse would probably cost more.

BKTiel

Posted: Apr 30, 2014 11:10 PM    Msg. 12 of 14       
Quote: --- Original message by: Kills_Alone
Anyone can save up a dollar

But not everyone has the ability to spend it online.

especially if they have a computer powerful enough to run this shoddy port of a game.

Never specified; OP has never played H2Vista, only the Xbox release.
This hypothetical computer probably has a PCI Express GPU as well, considering the age it is unlikely an onboard GPU would provide an acceptable frame-rate.

I'm not even sure what rectal crevice you're pulling this from.

Quote: --- Original message by: Kills_Alone The electricity and internet to run said computer and connect it to other players would cost more.

Difference being electricity and internet are all but essentials pretty much anywhere in the world that are already going to be paid for.

Quote: --- Original message by: Kills_AloneThe monitor and keyboard would cost more, the mouse would probably cost more.

Mice run about 10$. Keyboards about the same, if not less, and the old CRT monitors can be found for literal pennies.

And that's assuming the computer didn't come with those in the first place, which I find incredibly unlikely if we're operating under the 'hand me down' scenario.

Your move.

Kills_Alone

I ain't got no candy for you, NO CANDY

Posted: May 1, 2014 09:32 AM    Msg. 13 of 14       
You didn't provide one logical counter-point. All you did was insult me. A better man can admit when he has lost the conversation, bringing forth nothing of value. Accepting that yes he was wrong, but also realizing that he has the opportunity to learn from it. If you had actually made any valid points I would respectfully agree upon reconsidering my position, but that is not to be see here nor there. In the actual body of this conversation:

"I know i have no right to ask for this from you people, but i was wondering if somebody could get me a halo 2 key so i can play online, ive never played halo 2 back when it was on the original xbox, but now i have a pc, and have been wanting to play, so if somebody could please send me a key, id be forever grateful."

He is online, he plainly states as much. He communicates in English, he states in the OP that he wants to play it online, he is posting on an online forum, he could not activate it without being online, even the phone prompt is preceded by an internet prompt to activate. Perhaps you should actually read and pay attention to the context of this conversation before adding nothing of value to it and going off on some tangent that is completely related to the question at hand. He said he wants to play online, meanwhile you are talking about some kid form India who has a computer powerful enough to play Halo 2 yet not enough resources to save up a dollar. You are not making any valid points nor are you helping anyone. You may think you are, but that only illustrates one of the internet current issues: the blind leading the blind. Your Indian Straw Man argument has no bearing on this thread, in fact its a bit insulting that you think some people are so lacking in ability that they cannot raise a single dollar. Someone who needs a dollar is not concerned about playing Halo 2 on the PC, they are concerned about where their next meal is coming from.

The question has been answered by a few of us here, procure your game serial legally. Either by Amazon or elsewhere for even cheaper.

And surely you are now filled with enough vigor to provide ample entertainment for our fellow internet denizens.

But first take please take note, you do not need to make a move because I will not debase myself further, slinking ever closer to your level; you ever pointless pedestrian of the internet. I prefer to help people with relevant information instead of confusing them as you seem so set upon. Still, you must have your say then and you shall, after-all, I have just had a terrible vision: I predict the continued ramblings of another in 3....2....1....

TailsTheGamer

Meow

Posted: Jun 3, 2014 01:14 PM    Msg. 14 of 14       
I guess if you want it free so badly, do bing rewards or something. That way you're purchasing it with an amazon gift card. It would probably take two months or less to get the points to get $10.
Edited by TailsTheGamer on Jun 3, 2014 at 01:14 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon June 26, 2017 8:09 PM 641 ms.
A Halo Maps Website