A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Official Halo CE Files - Torrent Mirror

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: Official Halo CE Files - Torrent Mirror (57 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

Cortexian

Posted: May 7, 2014 02:46 PM    Msg. 1 of 57       
Hey everyone,

I've created some file mirrors for the official Halo Custom Edition files in the form of torrents. To get the ball rolling I've got the files hosted on a 1Gbps seedbox in order to maximize your download speeds. No need to wait for the limited speed downloads from halomaps! :)

For more information you can check out the following thread on my website (no registration required):
http://www.halo-ce.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2

If you've got any questions you can contact me there. I'm also open to suggestions on hosting other Halo files there as well.
Edited by Cortexian on May 11, 2014 at 09:23 PM

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: May 7, 2014 02:52 PM    Msg. 2 of 57       
Yes thank you so much!

1bobsam1

I win. You lose.

Posted: May 7, 2014 03:41 PM    Msg. 3 of 57       
>joins today
>offers files at a really nice convenience
>not suspicious at all
k

Cortexian

Posted: May 7, 2014 03:57 PM    Msg. 4 of 57       
I've been around the community since Halo Custom Edition launched and the Gearbox forums were the primary ones people discussed things. I remember the original halomods.com and haloimpulse.com from before halomaps.org even existed.

In the past I've been known as Freelancer and/or Xero.

I'd upload these to VirusTotal and post the results for you, but they exceed VirusTotal's maximum filesize of 64MB. Feel free to compare the checksums to those of the files hosted by Halomaps.org if you wish.

There's nothing suspicious going on here, I'm just awesome.

Enjoy,
Cortex
Edited by Cortexian on May 7, 2014 at 04:00 PM
Edited by Cortexian on May 7, 2014 at 04:00 PM

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: May 7, 2014 03:59 PM    Msg. 5 of 57       
The name Cortexian sounds very familiar. Were you on Modacity? (Hiss)

Danger_zone_98

Posted: May 7, 2014 04:00 PM    Msg. 6 of 57       

Cortexian

Posted: May 7, 2014 04:01 PM    Msg. 7 of 57       
And yes, Modacity is the previous Halo community I've mostly hung out with. After Gearbox forums for Halo CE died a lot of us moved to Halo2Vista.net which became Modacity.

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: May 7, 2014 04:33 PM    Msg. 8 of 57       
You should include hac to be installed automatically.

Cortexian

Posted: May 7, 2014 04:38 PM    Msg. 9 of 57       
I'm hoping that someone like Kornman00 will be releasing a new client that polls a community-hosted master server (or master servers) with a bunch of improvements and features included. Such as Open Sauce and HAC.

Until we see if that's going to happen I don't want to start bundling things.

I could host the HAC files like this too, and I'm also looking into hosting SAPP.

1bobsam1

I win. You lose.

Posted: May 8, 2014 12:20 AM    Msg. 10 of 57       
Cool, someone who isn't a troll making their 5000th account again. Welcome to Halomaps.org. Never remember seeing you over on Modacity, but eh whatever.

Cortexian

Posted: May 8, 2014 12:24 AM    Msg. 11 of 57       
Quote: --- Original message by: 1bobsam1
Cool, someone who isn't a troll making their 5000th account again. Welcome to Halomaps.org. Never remember seeing you over on Modacity, but eh whatever.

It's OK, I only have 11,522 posts over at Modacity... They're easy to miss.

1bobsam1

I win. You lose.

Posted: May 8, 2014 12:25 AM    Msg. 12 of 57       
*didn't mean to post this message, tired accident*
I wish there was a delete post button.
Edited by 1bobsam1 on May 8, 2014 at 12:27 AM

stunt_man

GMYF - Now hosting proper MLG gametypes!

Posted: May 8, 2014 11:18 AM    Msg. 13 of 57       
Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse

Lol what's wrong with Modacity? Seems to me like a less-active community with less drooling brats.

Quote: --- Original message by: Maniac1000
You should include hac to be installed automatically.

I concur.
Edited by stunt_man on May 8, 2014 at 11:19 AM

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: May 8, 2014 02:35 PM    Msg. 14 of 57       
Its freelancer.

Jaz

[Insert sarcastic comment here]

Posted: May 8, 2014 03:00 PM    Msg. 15 of 57       
Cool site, but can you please remove the symbol requirement for passwords? I *beep*ing hate symbols. I never use them so they're hard to remember.

joe55

You are beyond helping, gtfo.

Posted: May 8, 2014 03:19 PM    Msg. 16 of 57       
Quote: --- Original message by: stunt_man

Lol what's wrong with Modacity? Seems to me like a less-active community with less drooling brats.

Modacity is and has always been a joke. Just like halomaps actually

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: May 8, 2014 05:43 PM    Msg. 17 of 57       
I don't want to turn this into a bash against Modacity, but looking at current and previous users (and their posts) a lot of them are basically @55holes. They act like they're too cool for new people, and they tend to put them down for asking any type of question, as if they were supposed to have been born with the knowledge. It's not a new user friendly site, and it's not even that active on the CE forums.

Cortexian

Posted: May 8, 2014 05:54 PM    Msg. 18 of 57       
Quote: --- Original message by: Jaz
Cool site, but can you please remove the symbol requirement for passwords? I *beep*ing hate symbols. I never use them so they're hard to remember.

Done. Now it just requires mixed case (lower-case and upper-case), as well as numbers.

I see you signed up already, if you want to change your password to something without symbols you can do so here:
http://www.halo-ce.com/forum/ucp.php?i=profile&mode=reg_details
Edited by Cortexian on May 8, 2014 at 05:56 PM

Jaz

Posted: May 8, 2014 06:12 PM    Msg. 19 of 57       
I don't want to turn this into a bash against Modacity, but looking at current and previous users (and their posts) a lot of them are basically @55holes. They act like they're too cool for new people, and they tend to put them down for asking any type of question, as if they were supposed to have been born with the knowledge. It's not a new user friendly site, and it's not even that active on the CE forums.

Meh, it's just as bad or even slightly worse here. As shown by the first posts in this thread, this forum has a serious newbie hate thing going on. Newbies are instantly assumed to be trolls or idiots.(and even if they're actually active on other forums, they're hated on here because the close-minded Halomaps 'veterans' don't know them)

You can actually get around it on Modacity if you just act like you belong, but here, one look at your join date and you must be a troll.

Personally, I prefer to go on clan sites. They want new members to join, so they're a lot more tolerant(and friendly), whereas on general forums like this and Modacity, people seem to just want to stick with the small group of people we have atm and ignore newbies.

darksoldier

Helo my friend, it's time to fight ;)

Posted: May 8, 2014 07:45 PM    Msg. 20 of 57       
It would be cool if you can added a torrent for 3ds Max 2008 in the list :)

Cortexian

Posted: May 8, 2014 07:53 PM    Msg. 21 of 57       
As for these discussions about community, I'm going to try and foster a non-elitist/newbie friendly environment on halo-ce.com... If you sign up there please acknowledge the fact that everyone's a newbie at something the first time they get involved.

If this sounds like something you are interested in, feel free to sign up over there! I can't make any promises as to how active I'll be personally (full-time job + volunteering for Ubisoft on various projects right now)... However I'm extremely contactable. If there are problems with the website/game server/download links, you can send me an email and I should be able to get back to you within a couple hours at the maximum.

If the website blooms (doubtful with the size of the Halo CE population), I'll look into asking around for some volunteer moderators to help keep the website newbie friendly.

Quote: --- Original message by: darksoldier
It would be cool if you can added a torrent for 3ds Max 2008 in the list :)

I'm only hosting files that I can legally distribute. If you want to pirate software, you can go elsewhere.

The torrent protocol wasn't designed for piracy, and I hate that people instantly assume that torrents = piracy. There are many legitimate uses for them as content distribution systems, as evidenced by this thread.

darksoldier

Helo my friend, it's time to fight ;)

Posted: May 8, 2014 08:49 PM    Msg. 22 of 57       
By torrent, I want to say a trial version (sorry about the confusion). You know, when you are a newbie, you have to download HEK, and a programme to create content for the game. It would be cool.if you added "legal" app like Gmax or something with a trial version on it (like autodesk 3ds Max 08).

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: May 8, 2014 08:58 PM    Msg. 23 of 57       
Cortexian is a good guy, he's been around Modacity for years and active around the modding community of Halo. And unless I've been possessed by evil spirits finally, you can rest assured by my word (and Maniac's) that no one has anything to fear really.

Also, Modacity has trial versions for Max 5-9:
http://files.modacity.net/software/3dsmax/
(I would think the downloads still work. Freelan- I mean, Cortexian you could maybe mirror those).

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: May 8, 2014 09:01 PM    Msg. 24 of 57       
Quote: --- Original message by: darksoldier
By torrent, I want to say a trial version (sorry about the confusion). You know, when you are a newbie, you have to download HEK, and a programme to create content for the game. It would be cool.if you added "legal" app like Gmax or something with a trial version on it (like autodesk 3ds Max 08).

torrenting aint illegal, piracy is.

Cortexian

Posted: May 9, 2014 01:28 AM    Msg. 25 of 57       
Sad news,

Due to me being retarded... I may have deleted the entire website without actually backing anything up. Luckily it wasn't anything to complicated to setup, so I'm going to re-create it all over the next couple days. In all likelihood it will be fully online on the weekend again.

Edit:
Everything should be back online. However since there was no backups you will need to re-register if you signed up. This time everything is backing up nightly...

Sorry for the inconvenience, but at least it didn't affect the torrent tracker / seedbox server!
Edited by Cortexian on May 9, 2014 at 12:30 PM

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: May 11, 2014 08:03 AM    Msg. 26 of 57       
You still deserve a bump.

Cortexian

Posted: May 13, 2014 05:57 PM    Msg. 27 of 57       
Hey guys,

I will of course be hosting the 1.10 patch this way when it comes out. Not a big deal since it'll be a fast download for most people anyway due to the small size.

For more information on the 1.10 patch and what if affects, click below:
http://halo-fixes.findforum.net/t4-some-details-about-the-internet-lobby-fix

TL;DR: Bungie is taking over master-server list hosting from Gamespy to keep Halo PC and CE online. They are pushing a patch out for it, and some other minor fixes, in patch 1.10.
Edited by Cortexian on May 13, 2014 at 07:21 PM

TheChunkierBean

This Bean is Cooking!!

Posted: May 13, 2014 07:19 PM    Msg. 28 of 57       
The way you word and layout you posts are very...... reassuring. IDK why I'm saying this, its just sounds like your an overall good person. What the heck am I typing.....

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: May 13, 2014 10:41 PM    Msg. 29 of 57       
Join the Dark Side, Bean.

TheChunkierBean

This Bean is Cooking!!

Posted: May 14, 2014 07:18 AM    Msg. 30 of 57       
Nah, I'm good.

Cortexian

Posted: May 14, 2014 02:42 PM    Msg. 31 of 57       
Alright, due to a request on the Modacity forums I have uploaded a copy of the original Halo PC disc. This is a disc image (ISO) download without any modifications to the code.

You will need a legitimate Halo PC CD-Key to install the game, just like you need to install Halo CE.

The download link is available in the aforementioned forum thread on halo-ce.com at the top of this thread.

Enjoy!

Jaz

Posted: May 14, 2014 04:31 PM    Msg. 32 of 57       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh
But we have cookies and pancakes.

Oh right... they were for new initiates... Oops.

Anyway, that's good to hear Cortexian.(the patch, not the upload of a disc, not sure if that's even legal but oh well)

The more places that distribute the patch the better, because that means more people download and install it and switch to the new master server

Cortexian

Posted: May 14, 2014 04:34 PM    Msg. 33 of 57       
The disc should be fine, I don't see how it's any different than how Microsoft hosts all of its own operating system ISO's for anyone to download at any time without proof of license. You still need a license key to use the software and I will not be providing ways around that.

MatthewDratt

TAKEDOWN IS OUT MattDratt.com

Posted: May 14, 2014 06:38 PM    Msg. 34 of 57       
I still think it's illegal. *shrugs*

Cortexian

Posted: May 14, 2014 06:46 PM    Msg. 35 of 57       
I don't believe it is illegal when the intention of the image is to provide a downloadable copy of the retail disc for customers who have misplaced or broken their disc, but still have their CD key.

My disc is over a decade old, and I wasn't sure it was even going to successfully read in my drive because the disc is so worn down from the days before I converted all my discs to images and started using virtual drives for everything.

Microsoft even gives you the ability to mount disc images natively in their OS now.

If someone contacts me through official channels and requests that I take the image down, I will comply, but to the best of my knowledge it's 100% legal in this situation.

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon May 25, 2020 3:37 AM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website