A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo CE updated secretly? I discovered something new...

Author Topic: Halo CE updated secretly? I discovered something new... (13 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

AlekosGR

ACE Moding Team (Azura Computer Entertainment)

Posted: May 13, 2014 08:46 AM    Msg. 1 of 13       
So, I played bloodgulch for the first time again in two months, and I had completely forgot that I had it modified. So, I got myself a pistol and start shooting. Now, I had modified the pistol too shoot cyborgs (old I know) but check this out... The mod was completely compatible with the original map. I was able to log in into the server, no exceptions, and play just like that. I tested this with multiple servers, IT WORKS! So, how? I mean... You couldn't do that before... Halo CE updated itself? Or is it OS I am using that enables this? Please someone try this and confirm... I used HHT to do it, so no map compilation was required... But I had this done before without working... This is REALLY strange. If Halo CE is pathced or it is an OS feature to enable that, imagine the oportunities of re-texturing, re-modeling the original mps, without having to host new servers !!!

olly12345

Posted: May 13, 2014 09:06 AM    Msg. 2 of 13       
Modding is very different from HEK, so if you used a program such as Eschaton or HMT, then it will be compatible with regular CE maps online, you'll shoot cyborgs on your screen, but bullets for everyone else.

It could be the same for a recompiled map using HEK, but I doubt it.

AlekosGR

Posted: May 13, 2014 10:01 AM    Msg. 3 of 13       
Yeah but, forget bullets. Imagine original maps re-textured and re-modeled. Others won't be able to see it, but the player can! You would be able to play a re-mastered version of bloodgulch without having to search for a server that suports it. I will do some research around this...

olly12345

Posted: May 13, 2014 11:27 AM    Msg. 4 of 13       
Quote: --- Original message by: AlekosGR
Yeah but, forget bullets. Imagine original maps re-textured and re-modeled. Others won't be able to see it, but the player can! You would be able to play a re-mastered version of bloodgulch without having to search for a server that suports it. I will do some research around this...

Oh it works, it's very easy to do, especially to give you advantages and such! Not that I ever did it outside of Trial/Demo.

altis94

Join my Discord https://discord.gg/GDVEaRD

Posted: May 13, 2014 11:31 AM    Msg. 5 of 13       
Does this mean I can make wallhax?

Edit: [16:55] Btcc22 _: It's either the HAC 2 or OS map checksum cache that allows for fast start-up
Edited by altis94 on May 13, 2014 at 11:56 AM

olly12345

Posted: May 13, 2014 11:59 AM    Msg. 6 of 13       
Quote: --- Original message by: altis94

Does this mean I can make wallhax?

Edit: [16:55] Btcc22 _: It's either the HAC 2 or OS map checksum cache that allows for fast start-up
Edited by altis94 on May 13, 2014 at 11:56 AM

Yep, editing the BSP stuff in Eschaton and changing shaders around can make some walls transparent! But it's a bit glitchy, sometimes just makes it the colour of the fog.

raphaelBLOOD WAR

I wipe your maps with your own blood!

Posted: May 13, 2014 01:18 PM    Msg. 7 of 13       
Heres the link to the modded bloodglutch for Only combat evolved http://www.mediafire.com/download/vwk0busxaow8kyv/HLB+BLOODGULCH+BIGGER+SNIPER+CROSSHAIR.RAR and this link is to beavercreek http://www.mediafire.com/download/m4qguqq0qqq4ba7/HLB+BEAVERCREEK+BIGGER+SNIPER+CROSSHAIR.rar

AlekosGR

Posted: May 13, 2014 02:04 PM    Msg. 8 of 13       
I am aware of the PC maps, but this is new to Halo Custom Edition

MatthewDratt

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com

Posted: May 13, 2014 02:36 PM    Msg. 9 of 13       
its a conspiracy

olly12345

Posted: May 15, 2014 06:36 AM    Msg. 10 of 13       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh

Quote: --- Original message by: AlekosGR
I am aware of the PC maps, but this is new to Halo Custom Edition

Pretty sure you can mod CE maps the same way as PC maps.
Edited by Mootjuh on May 13, 2014 at 10:03 PM

It's exactly the same, seriously people don't know this?

It makes things a lot faster too, since you can edit something, save and reopen the game. That's it, no recompiling after a small change. Takes about a second to save!

raphaelBLOOD WAR

I wipe your maps with your own blood!

Posted: May 15, 2014 11:56 AM    Msg. 11 of 13       
Is their any modded custom edition standard maps not custom maps i mean modded like the ones in the link.

altis94

Join my Discord https://discord.gg/GDVEaRD

Posted: May 15, 2014 01:40 PM    Msg. 12 of 13       
You can recomiple while in UI. Saves couple of seconds too.

nihao123456ftw

Posted: May 19, 2014 10:02 PM    Msg. 13 of 13       
Just saying, the reason why you are able to log in to other servers with maps modded this way is because the [insert proper terminology here: checksum i think? hashcheck? me forget] of the map stays the same because it hasn't recompiled. When recompiled properly through HEK it will never work because the [word] will be recalculated. As olly said, on your screen your pistol will be shooting cyborgs but on the actual server those cyborgs won't register. It's like turning on devmode in multiplayer and using cheat_all_vehicles without rcon - on your screen you see a whole bunch of vehicles spawn but on the server it doesn't exist, so none of the vehicles are enterable because the server refuses to let you in a vehicle that doesn't exist server-side (I once saw this guy trying to spam cheat_all_vehicles on a server thinking that he was a pro DOS haxor and was lagging the server to death. lol.).
Edited by nihao123456ftw on May 19, 2014 at 10:11 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon January 27, 2020 11:00 PM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website