A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Creating slayer spawns in sapien.

Author Topic: Creating slayer spawns in sapien. (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

insomniac99

Stay Gold

Posted: May 18, 2014 03:59 PM    Msg. 1 of 6       
I was playing on some of the maps I made and for team based game modes, they were pretty good. However we were playing on a lan party at school with like 12 people and it was a spawn trapping frenzy. I added some slayer only spawns this morning all around in order to fix the issue, however, I was wondering what to do for the team index because there are no teams in slayer. Thanks in advance.

altis94

Join my Discord https://discord.gg/GDVEaRD

Posted: May 18, 2014 06:09 PM    Msg. 2 of 6       
I'm pretty sure team index is only for CTF.

insomniac99

Stay Gold

Posted: May 18, 2014 06:16 PM    Msg. 3 of 6       
so does that mean that the team index doesn't do anything on a slayer spawn?

altis94

Join my Discord https://discord.gg/GDVEaRD

Posted: May 18, 2014 08:30 PM    Msg. 4 of 6       
Yes.

nihao123456ftw

Posted: May 19, 2014 10:13 PM    Msg. 5 of 6       
In FFA slayer people will spawn in ANY spawn point regardless of team index.

stunt_man

GMYF - Now hosting proper MLG gametypes!

Posted: May 20, 2014 11:42 AM    Msg. 6 of 6       
Yeah, Slayer spawns apply to both FFA and Team Slayer. And they're random. The best thing you could do is re-place all your spawns strategically so there's less spawn blocking. Keep in mind that H1's spawning system isn't that bad, just requires good placement. The main philosophy that Bungie had in mind when they designed the system was that they didn't want players seeing other players spawn. So, if all your spawns are out in the open except for a select few, and there are a lot of people playing, players will be forced to spawn in the same spots all the time, because the other ones have players looking at them.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue November 19, 2019 2:21 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website