A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Seeking help for a team I am going to start...

Author Topic: Seeking help for a team I am going to start... (12 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Nickster5000

Posted: May 25, 2014 01:52 AM    Msg. 1 of 12       
Hello Members of this amazing Community,

I'm Nickster5000, or used to be known as ODST_Nick. As some of you know, I have created various projects in the past, and am currently working on some potential projects the community is anxiously awaiting (Specifically Sector 9). As Iíve learned in my six years of experience in a variety of fields such as modeling, scripting, and even film making, teams and teamwork is a necessity in these projects. I am posting this today because I am looking to start a mapping team to create unique projects Halo CE has never seen before, or even thought of creating in the past. I have lead various production crews in my High School video class for four years, in which has created unique quality content. I have never lead a mapping team before, so this should be a unique experience if anyone is willing to help; I am seeking help and very appreciative of your hard work. I am currently studying a basic concept on how a game development team works together, and have been researching Bungie's success with its previous halo projects, so that way I can make my team fully functioning and successful. I don't mean to toot my own horn, I want everyone to understand my background with leadership and such. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me :)

If you're willing to help, here's a general idea of the skill sets I am looking for in the community:
-3d Modelers
-Texture painters / unwrappers
-Scripters
-Sound / Audio engineers
-Voices for Dialogue
-Developers / Storywriters
-Animators

This list is not final, I will update it as more things come into mind.

Even if you want to help part time, or join my mapping team, your help will be heavily appreciated.

I won't be accepting anyone until halfway through the summer as I will be writing detailed plans of my project ideas & scheduling the workload.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, I hope you all have fun creating your projects for this community! Your help will be appreciated if you wish to join.

-Nickster5000

MatthewDratt

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com

Posted: May 25, 2014 03:39 AM    Msg. 2 of 12       
Any idea of what this team is actually gonna do?

StormUndBlackbird

https://youtube.com/StormUndBlackbird

Posted: May 25, 2014 07:54 AM    Msg. 3 of 12       
I'm always up on voicing some dialogue :P

PRPatxi

Dennis, free me from this suffering

Posted: May 25, 2014 08:01 AM    Msg. 4 of 12       
I'm also good for voice acting, Matt and Higuy never used me :(

**Glare**

benjimod

Posted: May 25, 2014 09:29 AM    Msg. 5 of 12       
I will join

renegade343

CE3 Stage Modeler, Editor, and Writer

Posted: May 25, 2014 01:26 PM    Msg. 6 of 12       
I really wish I have my modeling skills down to help, but my transition from SketchUp to Gmax hasn't been going too well...
But if you have multiple writers in your team, I'd be willing to help out with storyboarding?

Nickster5000

Posted: May 25, 2014 01:54 PM    Msg. 7 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Any idea of what this team is actually gonna do?

Yes,

The team is going to work on Sector 9, and I have two other ideas (in which I do not want to quite reveal until a later time) which are time consuming. It's worth a shot in my opinion, but I cannot do the work alone which is why i'm seeking to start a team to help develop these ideas.

sshers4

Posted: May 25, 2014 06:10 PM    Msg. 8 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: Nickster5000
Hello Members of this amazing Community,

I'm Nickster5000, or used to be known as ODST_Nick. As some of you know, I have created various projects in the past, and am currently working on some potential projects the community is anxiously awaiting (Specifically Sector 9). As Iíve learned in my six years of experience in a variety of fields such as modeling, scripting, and even film making, teams and teamwork is a necessity in these projects. I am posting this today because I am looking to start a mapping team to create unique projects Halo CE has never seen before, or even thought of creating in the past. I have lead various production crews in my High School video class for four years, in which has created unique quality content. I have never lead a mapping team before, so this should be a unique experience if anyone is willing to help; I am seeking help and very appreciative of your hard work. I am currently studying a basic concept on how a game development team works together, and have been researching Bungie's success with its previous halo projects, so that way I can make my team fully functioning and successful. I don't mean to toot my own horn, I want everyone to understand my background with leadership and such. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me :)

If you're willing to help, here's a general idea of the skill sets I am looking for in the community:
-3d Modelers
-Texture painters / unwrappers
-Scripters
-Sound / Audio engineers
-Voices for Dialogue
-Developers / Storywriters
-Animators

This list is not final, I will update it as more things come into mind.

Even if you want to help part time, or join my mapping team, your help will be heavily appreciated.

I won't be accepting anyone until halfway through the summer as I will be writing detailed plans of my project ideas & scheduling the workload.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, I hope you all have fun creating your projects for this community! Your help will be appreciated if you wish to join.

-Nickster5000

I'll like to join this team I like to do 3d model organism.

What's your xfire by the way?

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: May 26, 2014 01:44 AM    Msg. 9 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: sshers4
I'll like to join this team I like to do 3d model organism.
What's your xfire by the way?

I'm gonna try to not be mean, but two things.

1. "Organic Modeling"
2. You need to nail down basic muscle structure first, as well as understanding and using criticism to your advantage. Ignoring things that people who actually know what they're doing tell you is counter productive to yourself

Wesker

Your Future Hinges upon This Fight!!!

Posted: May 26, 2014 03:22 AM    Msg. 10 of 12       
I'm down. Let me know more about your project.
I do concept art, basic modeling and animation, down to learn new things, and I'd like to practice some voice acting. I've yet to develop skills working on halo engine.

sshers4

Posted: May 26, 2014 01:38 PM    Msg. 11 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: Wesker
I'm down. Let me know more about your project.
I do concept art, basic modeling and animation, down to learn new things, and I'd like to practice some voice acting. I've yet to develop skills working on halo engine.

I can also do voice acting because I got shotgun mic. Probably what director uses for films :P

SAS

I comment every once in a while

Posted: May 29, 2014 01:25 PM    Msg. 12 of 12       
I could probably do sound or writing

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed November 13, 2019 1:06 AM 719 ms.
A Halo Maps Website