A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Possible Halo Television Show

Author Topic: Possible Halo Television Show (24 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: May 25, 2014 10:37 PM    Msg. 1 of 24       
I am very surprised that non of you have posted about this so I guess I will.

http://huff.to/1ksGVkX

Stay on topic please

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: May 25, 2014 10:44 PM    Msg. 2 of 24       
Microsoft is spreading that Halo butter thin.
I mean sure it could be interesting but we already had Forward Unto Dawn which was mediocre at best.

I guess it depends on how interesting of characters they can create in the universe.

renegade343

CE3 Stage Modeler, Editor, and Writer

Posted: May 25, 2014 10:48 PM    Msg. 3 of 24       
HuffPost is one of the first places I go to for news, so I'm surprised I missed this too.. o.o

True. Forward Unto Dawn and those Netflix shows are probably onto something, but.. it's a video game TV show. /auto-skepticism

roviet1337

Lord of Admirals

Posted: May 25, 2014 11:00 PM    Msg. 4 of 24       
i never posted because 343i confirmed spielberg was doing this like last year... sorry thought it was old news.. im excited for it but they good work takes time and they are gonna take a while to film it

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: May 26, 2014 12:01 AM    Msg. 5 of 24       
Same. Never bothered cuz i thought everyone knew since MS made a huge deal of it at some convention (thinking E3 or PAX)

General_101

Apparently all I post is spam.

Posted: May 26, 2014 12:10 AM    Msg. 6 of 24       
It's a show of a video game which the only I remember being halo legends. It was average at best in my opinion and provided some interesting lore about the halo universe. I will still be very skeptic about this even with everything going on considering it's a show of a video game in the end.

Pepzee

Posted: May 26, 2014 12:43 AM    Msg. 7 of 24       
To me Halo will always be a video game. I'm not really interested in a TV show myself, I think Halo's plot fits better in a video game then it does in a TV show. I'm sure others feel differently about this though.

Storm

Send memes to www.loganpaul.com/cliffhanger

Posted: May 26, 2014 06:58 AM    Msg. 8 of 24       
Honestly, I'm not all that interested. Before Halo 4, I saw Halo as this awesome, memorable experience that had an extravagant backstory, rich lore that we could only speculate about, and an ending that left us with an almighty cliffhanger.

And after Halo 4, I see it as another iteration of a game trying to be a super fast-paced shooter. When I play a Halo game, when I see Halo, I think of the original trilogy. That trilogy had an awesome balance of gameplay and pace that defined Halo as Halo. It was quoted many times that without the original multiplayer, Halo wouldn't be as successful. However, with the advent of the customizable loadouts for multiplayer in Halo 4, it's absolutely ruined it for me.

There's nothing more annoying than going around on a killing spree to get noob-comboed by someone with a noob combo loadout. And from there, my opinion of Halo has slowly soured.

If this TV show is DECENT, then maybe I might get the next iteration of Halo. Otherwise, as Matt said, this butter is getting too thin for me.

ELVEVERX

For the great journey

Posted: May 26, 2014 08:11 AM    Msg. 9 of 24       
Quote: --- Original message by: Storm
Honestly, I'm not all that interested. Before Halo 4, I saw Halo as this awesome, memorable experience that had an extravagant backstory, rich lore that we could only speculate about, and an ending that left us with an almighty cliffhanger.

And after Halo 4, I see it as another iteration of a game trying to be a super fast-paced shooter. When I play a Halo game, when I see Halo, I think of the original trilogy. That trilogy had an awesome balance of gameplay and pace that defined Halo as Halo. It was quoted many times that without the original multiplayer, Halo wouldn't be as successful. However, with the advent of the customizable loadouts for multiplayer in Halo 4, it's absolutely ruined it for me.

There's nothing more annoying than going around on a killing spree to get noob-comboed by someone with a noob combo loadout. And from there, my opinion of Halo has slowly soured.

If this TV show is DECENT, then maybe I might get the next iteration of Halo. Otherwise, as Matt said, this butter is getting too thin for me.

Thats a dull way of looking at it personally i'm glad that in halo 4 they started incorporating more elements from the book and using spartan ops expanded the halo universe by tying that in with comics and books and soon TV shows

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: May 26, 2014 10:11 AM    Msg. 10 of 24       
People need to get their panties out of a knot about H4. It's far from a perfect game, but it's also far from the worst the series had to offer. While there are some huge changes in the MP, I couldn't be happier with the fact they tied the game story in with the rest of the books and media. Bungie was pathetically terrible at this, I presume they got cold feet after H2 and mistakenly believed people didn't want a strong interesting story in their Halo games, rather than accept they butchered the story for H2.

I for one, welcome our new ambitious Hal overlords.

rcghalohell

I can jump?Weeeee (pop!) (No1 heard from it again)

Posted: May 26, 2014 10:12 AM    Msg. 11 of 24       
is anyone surprised that dennis provided news? O.O

UHWArby

PIPO vive

Posted: May 26, 2014 10:28 AM    Msg. 12 of 24       
I hope that this series will see fine

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: May 26, 2014 10:38 AM    Msg. 13 of 24       
They teased this at E3/Xbox One reveal and gave a few more details (not really) at the recent reveal (online post? Seriously?) of Halo 5. Pretty much it's Steven Spielberg and 2015.

I'll give it a chance I suppose.

robowarrior

I'm right behind you

Posted: May 26, 2014 11:06 AM    Msg. 14 of 24       
Quote: --- Original message by: ODX
They teased this at E3/Xbox One reveal and gave a few more details (not really) at the recent reveal (online post? Seriously?) of Halo 5. Pretty much it's Steven Spielberg and 2015.

I'll give it a chance I suppose.

Why not? Halo has a pretty good storyline.

Cortexian

Posted: May 26, 2014 11:55 AM    Msg. 15 of 24       
There are many ways that the Halo universe could be adopted to a very successful television series.

I've always thought that something like Forward Unto Dawn would be good, except instead of doing something focused on the recruits, focus on a Marine or ODST squad during the beginning of the war. Perhaps a Marine that was involved in some kind of first-contact battle and then drafted into the ODST program after he was one of the only survivors.

Basically, this could be really good as long as it's not focused on the Chief (we all know what the Chief has done). They could remake the book Fall of Reach into a TV show or movie, or any of the other books for that matter.

There are a lot of options with pretty darn good story-lines to follow.

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: May 26, 2014 12:21 PM    Msg. 16 of 24       
Spielberg's style doesn't really seem like something that would fit the feel that the recent Halo games have taken. However, I think that's a good thing. I could see Halo 3's mood of awesome action with a positive outlook fitting Spielberg's directing tune perfectly.

I think it'll turn out quite well.

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: May 26, 2014 12:39 PM    Msg. 17 of 24       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
People need to get their panties out of a knot about H4. It's far from a perfect game, but it's also far from the worst the series had to offer.

But it's all opinion, really. As a game, it's not terrible. But some people just don't consider it Halo for numerous reasons, myself included. If they do make a Halo TV series, I hope they explore something like the Insurrection, or the early days of the Human-Covenant War.

game user10

Who is the Overseer?

Posted: May 26, 2014 01:37 PM    Msg. 18 of 24       
Since a large part of Halo is killing those guys, shooting these guys and blowing up the other guys, I'm excited to see this.
But yeah this is sorta old news.

Wolf_

Posted: May 26, 2014 07:48 PM    Msg. 19 of 24       
Quote: --- Original message by: MoooseGuy
Spielberg's style doesn't really seem like something that would fit the feel that the recent Halo games have taken. However, I think that's a good thing. I could see Halo 3's mood of awesome action with a positive outlook fitting Spielberg's directing tune perfectly.

I think it'll turn out quite well.
Spielbergs involvement in this could be compared to JJ Abrams involvement in Lost (Or any other modern tv show, which he seems to be the exec producer for) or James Camerons involvement in Sanctum. Just a name in the credits.

Kozakuu

Only the person who was wisdom can read the most.

Posted: May 26, 2014 08:35 PM    Msg. 20 of 24       
I'd really enjoy a Halo TV show if that rumor that Neill Blomkamp is directing turns out to be true. He did a fantastic job with landfall and his style of cinematography (District 9, Elysium) work perfectly with Halo and would take the series in a great new direction.

Nanou2

I am the best in the world

Posted: May 26, 2014 09:05 PM    Msg. 21 of 24       
Sounds like a load of wishful thinking

Storm

Send memes to www.loganpaul.com/cliffhanger

Posted: May 26, 2014 09:08 PM    Msg. 22 of 24       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
People need to get their panties out of a knot about H4. It's far from a perfect game, but it's also far from the worst the series had to offer. While there are some huge changes in the MP, I couldn't be happier with the fact they tied the game story in with the rest of the books and media. Bungie was pathetically terrible at this, I presume they got cold feet after H2 and mistakenly believed people didn't want a strong interesting story in their Halo games, rather than accept they butchered the story for H2.

I for one, welcome our new ambitious Hal overlords.

It is the worst the series has to offer. Reach, I didn't mind. They contradicted the official books, I'll submit that, but at least Reach had decent, balanced and well-rounded gameplay. Halo 4 was broken from release. Even 343i has acknowledged that.

Megatron

Working on something good.

Posted: May 26, 2014 09:11 PM    Msg. 23 of 24       
Quote: --- Original message by: Storm
Halo 4 was broken from release. Even 343i has acknowledged that.

Keep in mind, Halo 4 was 343 Industries first game, so of course it's going to be flawed. No studio makes a perfect game on their first try, just as a guitar player's first song doesn't sound good either. Nobody's first creation can be a true masterpiece.

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: May 26, 2014 09:22 PM    Msg. 24 of 24       
If they do make a show I hope it does something along the lines of Halo: First Strike.
Whether it covers the gaps from halo 3's ending to Halo 4 beginning, and explore what happened diplomatically between us and the Covenant.
Edited by EtchyaSketch on May 26, 2014 at 09:23 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed December 11, 2019 3:09 AM 406 ms.
A Halo Maps Website