A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Gauging interest in a new modding idea, Old shooter style Halo CE

Author Topic: Gauging interest in a new modding idea, Old shooter style Halo CE (11 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Bobblehob

Posted: Jun 18, 2014 12:30 AM    Msg. 1 of 11       
I am considering getting back into modding (Oh lord, thats a scary thing to type) because I have been playing some Serious Sam and Wolfenstein lately, and am considering doing a faster and less tactical single player mod that emulates more of that style, flashier particles, massive numbers of faster enemies, and more powerful weapons that mow through them like crazy.

Im very curious as to whether or not anyone would want to play this.

Ideas include:
-Flashy, over the top particle effects and emphasis on making each weapon feel ridiculously powerful.

-Change in weapon sounds and projectile effects: i.e. chain spawning, force and physics changes, more impactful and satisfying sounds

-Blood and gore to the max, exploding bodies, dismemberment, and crazy decals.

-Wave Style single player fighting, pushing maximum bipeds on screen. Would mean removing smarter AI in favor of rushing and crazy aggressive AI, possibly massively tall boss enemies.

Any thoughts anyone?

1bobsam1

I win. You lose.

Posted: Jun 18, 2014 12:33 AM    Msg. 2 of 11       
Go for it dude. I'd play.

Valentin

Posted: Jun 18, 2014 12:34 AM    Msg. 3 of 11       
I'd certainly play this. I love older shooters myself (mainly because my computer couldn't run any better until recently 0_o)

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: Jun 18, 2014 12:39 AM    Msg. 4 of 11       
Yes! Old arcade style shooter? Sign me in.

ZOBI3KING

Look at me, I'm the captain now.

Posted: Jun 18, 2014 12:43 AM    Msg. 5 of 11       
Crap, this is what I've been planning to do since I joined VKMT (I was promised HEK teachings).

EDIT: You might wanna try this if you haven't already http://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom. If you need Doom 2 with Brutal Doom installed, pm me. You might get some gameplay ideas.
Edited by ZOBI3KING on Jun 18, 2014 at 01:00 AM

Bobblehob

Posted: Jun 18, 2014 01:01 AM    Msg. 6 of 11       
Excellent!

Anyone have any ideas? Just throw them out there. I have a ton already but I love feedback on ideas like this.

ZOBI3KING

Posted: Jun 18, 2014 01:08 AM    Msg. 7 of 11       
Melee=Power Kick (sends enemies a couple feet back while maintaining good damage dealt)
Boom Rifle=Think of that explosive sniper rifle from Robocop except Halo style
Burn Rifle=Assault Rifle modified to have semi-tracing fire rounds
Charge Shotgun=Longer you charge it, more damage delt (like plasma launcher from reach with the damage amount replacing the # of shots)
Revolver=Halo revolver that shoots shield draining shots, each shot has a break in between. Shot on shielded target drains shields slowly for a few seconds, un-shielded is a short stun.

Just a few off the top of my head.

Bobblehob

Posted: Jun 18, 2014 01:11 AM    Msg. 8 of 11       
Interesting....

What about stock weapon changes, like visual style and such?

I would like to keep the stock weapon models but completely change functionality and such, surprises like that are always fun...

ZOBI3KING

Posted: Jun 18, 2014 01:14 AM    Msg. 9 of 11       
Melee=Power Kick (sends enemies a couple feet back while maintaining good damage dealt)
Boom Rifle=Think of that explosive sniper rifle from Robocop except Halo style
Burn Rifle=Assault Rifle modified to have semi-tracing fire rounds
Charge Shotgun=Longer you charge it, more damage delt (like plasma launcher from reach with the damage amount replacing the # of shots)
Revolver=Halo revolver that shoots shield draining shots, each shot has a break in between. Shot on shielded target drains shields slowly for a few seconds, un-shielded is a short stun.

Just a few off the top of my head.

Power Kick would just be an animation replacement for melee attacks, it could easily be changed just to be a normal melee but with all of the functionality. Burn Rifle could be a normal AR with new particle and firing effects, boom rifle=sniper rifle, and the revolver can be switched to a magnum with the same functionality.

PopeAK49

I'm a living, breathing sentient tank!

Posted: Jun 18, 2014 03:09 AM    Msg. 10 of 11       
I would love nothing more than having a Doom 3ish Chaingun, and then proceed to mow down enemies. I think the idea is a good one. I would imagine it to be like Haloid but with more blood and gore.

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Jun 18, 2014 03:41 AM    Msg. 11 of 11       
Quote: --- Original message by: PopeAK49
I would love nothing more than having a Doom 3ish Chaingun, and then proceed to mow down enemies.

CMT had a rotary gun that would fit perfectly.

Quote: --- Original message by: Bobblehob
What about stock weapon changes, like visual style and such?

I would like to keep the stock weapon models but completely change functionality and such, surprises like that are always fun...

Suggestions for your Consideration:
•M6D Magnum: 9-round magazine. Matte black color scheme. Fastest melee attack amongst UNSC weapons.
•MA5B Assault Rifle: Wood furniture. 30-round magazine. Higher damage and accuracy with sounds and effects to emphasize this. Secondary grenade launcher (weaker than frag grenade) or shotgun (weaker than M90) in place of underbarrel flashlight. Weapon can overheat when fired for extended periods of time.
M90 Shotgun: Shortened, making it functionally similar to a sawn-off shotgun. Ammo capacity decreased to 4 or 6 shells. Damage per pellet increased, at the cost of increased spread. "Charging" the weapon plays an animation of cycling the pump, ejecting the shell in the chamber, and loading a new shell, allowing the player to fire.... a slug, an explosive round, an incendiary, something like that, in addition to standard buckshot.
•SRS99 Sniper Rifle: If going the old shooter route, odds are that there would be little opportunity for sniping. If you were to remove the scope and the carry handle in front of it, as well as extending the magazine, you could turn the sniper rifle into a heavy automatic weapon. Rate of fire would be slower than the MA5, but accuracy would be similar. Rounds would deal less damage than by default, but would have a small amount of splash damage and explosive knockback. Magazines would hold 10 rounds.
•M41 Rocket Launcher: Launches rockets.
•Plasma Pistol: Fully automatic. Decreased accuracy. Functions similarly to the SMG in later games. Fastest melee attack amongst Covenant weapons.
•Plasma Rifle: Semi-automatic, but with more powerful bolts. Increased accuracy. Charging the weapon could allow the player to vent a jet of plasma that functions similarly to a flamethrower, or could simply fire a larger, more powerful bolt.
•Needler: Needlers no longer supercombine or home in on targets, but are capable of overpenetrating unshielded enemies. Increased damage. The secondary trigger fires a shotgun blast of 10 needles.
•Fuel Rod Gun: Fires a projectile that detonates after bouncing or upon impact with a biped. Upon detonation, the immediate area ignites in glowing green plasma, dealing burn damage per second to any nearby targets.

Non-Stock Weapons to Consider:
•CMT "Chaingun": For handheld minigun goodness.
•Spartan Laser: For a BFG-9000 equivalent.
Edited by Echo77 on Jun 18, 2014 at 01:13 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat June 6, 2020 2:53 PM 344 ms.
A Halo Maps Website