A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo X - Arena

Author Topic: Halo X - Arena (21 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

QuiteGamer

HA! I knew someone was alive in here.

Posted: Jun 22, 2014 09:08 AM    Msg. 1 of 21       
Hello community! I've been working a bit on a small map. I'm not much a creator for Halo CE, but I'd like some input. Keep in mind, the sky will be changed, along with fixing some textures.

Any suggestions to changes or further build of the map will be appreciated!

Here's a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFc0TII5lNc&feature=youtu.be

Here's a map http://www.mediafire.com/download/llwlseyfor61xlf/q20.zip

The marines enter the tanks, don't worry, just wait.

Thanks!

Edited by QuiteGamer on Jun 22, 2014 at 09:49 AM
Edited by QuiteGamer on Jun 22, 2014 at 09:52 AM

AlekosGR

ACE Moding Team (Azura Computer Entertainment)

Posted: Jun 22, 2014 09:12 AM    Msg. 2 of 21       
That is AWESOME! It looks boring at the beginning but later it's like... OH BOY! What would make this map EVEN MORE awesome is better shaders and a new tagset (Halo 3?) Other than that, it's just awesome... Can you release this? Like at that stage? I REALLY WANT TO PLAY !!!!!
Edited by AlekosGR on Jun 22, 2014 at 09:13 AM

QuiteGamer

Posted: Jun 22, 2014 09:21 AM    Msg. 3 of 21       
I suppose I could upload it as a test, but it's in a very early stage as it is a very short map. Where is the best place to upload it? I don't want to upload something so unfinished to Halomaps.

AlekosGR

Posted: Jun 22, 2014 09:33 AM    Msg. 4 of 21       
Mediafire or Dropbox

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Jun 22, 2014 09:46 AM    Msg. 5 of 21       
Quote: . Where is the best place to upload it?

http://www.mediafire.com/

https://www.dropbox.com/

https://mega.co.nz/

top 3.

BTW anyone who has any crucial info stored in rapid share might want to shift it, since they are changing there offers. AGAIN!

Edited by ASCENDANTJUSTICE on Jun 22, 2014 at 09:47 AM

QuiteGamer

Posted: Jun 22, 2014 09:47 AM    Msg. 6 of 21       
Here ya go! - http://www.mediafire.com/download/llwlseyfor61xlf/q20.zip
Edited by QuiteGamer on Jun 22, 2014 at 09:53 AM

Super Flanker

Posted: Jun 22, 2014 09:48 AM    Msg. 7 of 21       
http://
Quote: --- Original message by: QuiteGamer
Here ya go! - http://www.mediafire.com/download/llwlseyfor61xlf/q20.zip

BUMP!

Btw, you might want use super links. Since most don't really like the copy into url bar and paste method.

In the event you didn't know how to do this.

Edited by ASCENDANTJUSTICE on Jun 22, 2014 at 09:52 AM
Edited by ASCENDANTJUSTICE on Jun 22, 2014 at 09:52 AM

QuiteGamer

Posted: Jun 22, 2014 09:53 AM    Msg. 8 of 21       
Thanks! Have done now :)

Super Flanker

Posted: Jun 22, 2014 09:54 AM    Msg. 9 of 21       
Thanks! Have done now :)

Another bump. feeling generous.

Ubergoober

Posted: Jun 22, 2014 10:57 AM    Msg. 10 of 21       
looks awesome :)

AlekosGR

Posted: Jun 22, 2014 02:18 PM    Msg. 11 of 21       
Oh man I have been playing this for a while and it is just wonderful... If you improve it graphicly it will be just epic.

QuiteGamer

Posted: Jun 22, 2014 02:42 PM    Msg. 12 of 21       
Thanks for the kind comments. I will try my best to improve the environment and looks after everything is in place :)

WWLinkMasterX

subliminal message.

Posted: Jun 22, 2014 03:43 PM    Msg. 13 of 21       
This is excellent. Few maps manage to capture the feeling of being a part of the action, rather than the center of the universe.

It's all nice and smooth, custom bsp , and the consistency that comes with the stock tagset.

Simply, what Custom Edition was meant to be.

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Jun 22, 2014 03:50 PM    Msg. 14 of 21       
The arena battle looks pretty epic, I just think you need something more for the player to progress through leading up to that point. I feel like the arena would be best as a big finale all the way at the end of a level, rather than something you get into right off the bat.
Edited by Echo77 on Jun 22, 2014 at 03:51 PM

kinpat

:D

Posted: Jun 22, 2014 04:34 PM    Msg. 15 of 21       
Great map!

dem bashees :D

QuiteGamer

Posted: Jun 22, 2014 04:37 PM    Msg. 16 of 21       
Haha, yeah, I've even raised the firing positions 10 units above ground, but they won't stay there. I'll sort it out sooner or later.

Does anyone know a good tutorial for making device machines? I need to make a lift that isn't scenery. It's the tool setup I need help with, not the actual animation.

Nickster5000

Posted: Jun 22, 2014 07:14 PM    Msg. 17 of 21       
Haha, yeah, I've even raised the firing positions 10 units above ground, but they won't stay there. I'll sort it out sooner or later.

Does anyone know a good tutorial for making device machines? I need to make a lift that isn't scenery. It's the tool setup I need help with, not the actual animation.

It's actually really simple...

Model, texture, animate, etc. as you need.

Let's say you're going to call it Lift and it'll be stored under tags\devices\lift

In your data folder, create devices, then create the lift folder inside the devices folder, and then make three folders in the lifts folder: physics, model, and animations. Put the model file into the "models" folder, the "collision geometry" file in physics, and the "animation" file in the animations folder. (I believe the animation file needs to be a JMO. Correct me if i'm wrong. Name the animation device position)

Once you're done with that, run them all through tool
anim: (tool animations devices\lift)
model: (tool model devices\lift)
collision: (tool collision-geometry devices\lift)

Then go in guerrilla, make sure the Node checksum in the gbxmodel and the animations file are the same, and then under the animation file, there's a section called "Devices" and you can specify your animation in there. Create a new device_machine file. In the device_machine file, you can change it to if it's a door, platform, or a gear (scroll down to the bottom to see all of these settings)

Hope this helps a little!
Edited by Nickster5000 on Jun 22, 2014 at 07:15 PM
Edited by Nickster5000 on Jun 22, 2014 at 07:16 PM

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Jun 23, 2014 09:12 AM    Msg. 18 of 21       
Dude! This was a very well-made, very fun map. I thoroughly enjoyed playing it.

The scripting makes the action keep going and the driving AI you used is pretty darn good. When those wraiths came in from behind I was like ohhh man! Challenging map. Died a few times but was able to pull through.

This map also has a good deal of potential. The BSP is well put-together, especially the forerunner geometry in the arena. If it could be graphically cleaned up and some of the shaders/textures beautified, this map would look great. Also, I noticed a few hiccups in the scripting, mostly in regard to when the marines enter the tanks (there seems to be a trigger volume off to the right that you have to enter first), and when the tank in the back wants to drive into the arena (you have to drive behind him). Otherwise, I didn't see many gameplay issues. I was able to pull a B40 trick on the pelican and hop back inside when it dumped me out.

Minor things to include possibly would be cinematic titles or objectives, and nav points for the pelicans or for objective locations. Possibly some music at the beginning of the level could help set the mood as well.

If you ever end up releasing this as finished, I'll be sure to include it in my next UUI update as well. Keep up the awesome!

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Jun 24, 2014 01:31 AM    Msg. 19 of 21       
I don't usually download maps that are released on the forum but looking at the reviews I guess I can make this one an exception. :)
I'll play it and give thoughts soon.

E: Whelp totally forgot to give those thoughts I promised. Oops.
Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed your map bro, loved the mass battle at the end. Overall, good work. Is this going to be the entire level? Or is there something more that's going to happen?
Edited by Spartan314 on Jun 24, 2014 at 01:57 AM
Edited by Spartan314 on Jul 21, 2014 at 05:18 AM

nihao123456ftw

Posted: Jul 21, 2014 04:02 AM    Msg. 20 of 21       
that was an awesome encounter there!

Had some problems with scripts not being activated e.g epic music not playing and friendly tanks not moving in for support, but overall that was pretty fun!

If there were a few things I could suggest to improve the map it would be:

-More infantry based parts of the encounter: I wish there were a bit more to those structures surrounding the arena, such as snipers to take out other gunners etc. as well as having it a bit more guarded by ai and in turn a bit more to the bsp there rather than just ramps

-Either less wraiths, or anti-tank weapons: The map is heavily dependent on any sort of vehicle in order to take out those wraiths. You have nothing but an assault rifle and a pistol with limited ammo. That is not enough to take out those swarms of wraiths that dominate the place lol.

-Fix scorpion: when turning the turret around the turret becomes bugged - can't shoot in the middle of the crosshair. Shoots far above and left of it. Annoying.

-Fix scripts: As said before, scripts didn't work for me sometimes.

Overall i'd say this encounter is a bit too vehicle-heavy although it was a lot of fun. Infantry do not stand a chance at all especially for the fact that there's limited ammo. In my opinion i'd say to make a really great encounter, there should be a balance between vehicles and infantry. You absolutely nailed the vehicles part it was so awesome, but the infantry part is lacking a bit

E: oh yeah, what happened to the health packs? >:(
Edited by nihao123456ftw on Jul 21, 2014 at 04:04 AM
Edited by nihao123456ftw on Jul 21, 2014 at 04:05 AM

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Jul 21, 2014 04:18 AM    Msg. 21 of 21       
For a sec i legit thought this was lumoris 3 during ce3

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun November 17, 2019 3:45 AM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website