A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[W.I.P.] Horror Maps.

Author Topic: [W.I.P.] Horror Maps. (33 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

ChromeGames

Posted: Jun 22, 2014 08:02 PM    Msg. 1 of 33       
Few people know me here, Im a mexican modder "Georgespartan01" but I have this new account because I can't get the password from my old account. However, it's been a year since I left the CE modding but Im getting back.

I released some Beta maps, all of them are horror maps (Or well... mostly) and I've been seeing some good feedback from my maps.

The main purpose of this project was to create a new "GAME" or a Mod based on Halo Ce (You know what I mean) Unfortunetly I wasn't able to create it because of the limitations of the engine... Actually I can create this new "game" or campaign but not in the way I want. ¿What's the way you want it then? You may ask.
Actually I love to build destruction maps and maps filled with grass and forniture to avoid making the map empty, as you can see in My maps I use a lot of grass, trees, furniture etc but the HCe engine didn't allow me to add more in some maps and that's why my project began to fall. All this horror maps are recycled maps, they were used to be large BSPs and of course I didn't want to see my work in garbage and think how all of this was in vain. But it didn't.

Well here's the things I've done in the last 2 years and the things I'll be doing right now. I want to remind you that all this maps I did them ALONE, I was alone all the time in this project, and to be honest some scenerie objects weren't done by me so if you see a scenery object you did, tell me to give you credit for it.

*Please ignore the HUD, I lost the HUD from this game, however it was something easy to do, the HUD didn't Have health meter and radar, and it had some tweaks.

Exploring:
One of the main ideas of this project was to allow the player to explore the environment and to see what happened to the place.

The first level was to explore an abandoned 5 star hotel (A big hotel well) exploring rooms helped you to find keys and places to leave and continue with your path.

"Paper" Ghosts, This ghosts are harmless they are there hanging around to scare you, trust me... these little things can give you some good scares but now that Improved my modeling skills, I will do these ghosts into 3D ones.

A hallway with some rooms to explore. It doesn't look like a normal hotel you may think, but yeah this was actually the beginning these rooms were supposed to be worker rooms in the first floor, however, the music and other objects creates a strong atmosphere and that was one of the main intentions.

This was something like a kitchen room, it was near the pool, however your mision is to explore the building and find a way to leave, before the B&% finds you.

One of the main ideas too was to give the player a form of protection for SOME enemies, as you can see the player is holding a weapon, but you can use this weapon against Zombies not with demons or ghosts, as you can see in the red circle there's a ghost. These ghosts are hostile and you can't do anything to kill them, they don't make too much noise so you have to be smart. You must Hide and keep trying to continue, if a ghost see you the only thing you can do is RUN, because a single touch of these beings kills you instantly. (BTW, the scariest thing of these ghosts is that they're SMART... VERY SMART)

You can see weapons like snipers to sneak better, using night vision and zoom will help you to continue in your path. As you can see, that B%&$ is coming back so the best thing I can do is to hide. Oh BTW everytime the ghost is close to you you will hear a high-pitch scary sound (Actually is the sound from amensia lol) to warn you that the ghost is near.

I must go up there to find a key. (I want to thank the guy who made this Reach sniper rifle, it looks badass)

More exploration. As I said before, I really HATE empty maps, that's why I add a lot of scenery objects like garbage, papers etc.

The outside of an abandoned Hospital:
Now I know you are saying now "Use Detail Objects for grass" Yes of course I know but by some unknow reason, HEK don't allow me to do that, the only thing to make Detail Objects working is not using Normal Maps, Speculars, Detail maps, etc and actually I use a lot of them to make the textures look "nice"

Another building to explore.

Now, some of you may know this map.
Is one of the beta maps I released time ago... The main objective of this map is to look in the hotel (A section of the whole hotel actually) to find the correct gas container (there's only 1 in the map) and take it to the car. Once you find the correct gas container and take it to the car you have won. Actually this map works... but not very well, to make it work you have to play it in CTF game type... and always be Blue Team or Read. The reason I made it this way is ebcause I wanted the people to play this map with friends in multiplayer but it was a bad idea, I forgot that multiplayer don't have AI and BSP syncing so I'll release this map as SOLO... with some friendly bots.

Yes, this B&% again...

This map is one of the worst (scary) it's so dark and this B%$& is smart hiding in trees.
Actually... I have some maps that instead of ghosts as enemies... your enemy is SLENDERMAN.

Old Buildings to explore... EVERYTHING is explorable.
I know I ruined the water shader, but is easy to fix.

As I said before, the scariest thing of these B%$&s is that they act so weird, they do things by their own like if they were actually alive and actually Im proud of it because I never knew I could creat such a smart AI.
These ghosts have a vision angle of 165° and they can see you from a long distance, they can hear you easily too (If you make a lot of noise like shooting of course)
As I said, they do weird things... sometimes they FLY to the top of the map only to find you... like now.

In this map you can fight against zombies and marines. I've been thinking to make a Zombie survival minigame with this map, and with some friendly bots.

Some marines have funny clothes on like this one... this one has a Dora The explores pijama.

This is the worst map (Scary) This map is a BIG MAZE with 2 floors... the objective of this map is to find a weapon (YES! You're defendless in this map) find a weapon to destroy the fences that block the exit. If a zombie sees you, you better RUN and HIDE. If a GHOST/DEMON sees you... You better RUN too.

The atmosphere in this map is strong.

Here's the other DEMON. This is actually the most dangerous.

Oh! And I Have this little friend, which I think im going to use it in the next release.

All of this maps were in BETA stage.

Coming Soon:

-All maps Finished + 3 new ones.
-Maps optimized
-Improved HUD
-Improved Lightning
-No MP versions.

You can get the Beta maps from here and all the maps I did before.

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?search=Georgespartan01&B1=Search

Thanks for watching.

altis94

Join my Discord https://discord.gg/GDVEaRD

Posted: Jun 22, 2014 08:09 PM    Msg. 2 of 33       
I was wondering, do your maps have portals? They would allow you to have more objects.

ChromeGames

Posted: Jun 22, 2014 08:36 PM    Msg. 3 of 33       
Yes they Have.

Quote: --- Original message by: Waffles
Spooky creatures right out of Cry of Fear.

Onlye the white Ghost is a modified version from a CoF ghost... Now that I've improved my modeling skills, I'll create my own.
Edited by ChromeGames on Jun 22, 2014 at 08:38 PM

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Jun 22, 2014 09:18 PM    Msg. 4 of 33       
Creative!

renegade343

CE3 Stage Modeler, Editor, and Writer

Posted: Jun 22, 2014 10:52 PM    Msg. 5 of 33       
Lookin' good~ It's about time we have a real, legit-looking horror series for Halo :P

Just a really minor comment, though: when you're getting ready to publish the final version, it would help a lot if you standardize your weapons' HUDs. (i.e., you know how you have the amount of ammo show up on one side of your screen, but it looks really different for each weapon and some of them overlap with your radar? It would make your game a lot easier to play and look at if you try to make them look the same)

Corvette19

Posted: Jun 22, 2014 11:54 PM    Msg. 6 of 33       
This is by far the coolest/most creative thing I have seen in a long time. Excellent progress!!

ChromeGames

Posted: Jun 23, 2014 12:15 AM    Msg. 7 of 33       
ikr... As I said before, I lost the HUD for these maps unfortunetly, and well yes haha the wapons were not made bye me... If there's something I didn't do in this map are the vehicles and weapons.

BTW Thanks for the good feedback

DOOM899

{DM} [gamesmaster] if i can ill help maybe

Posted: Jun 23, 2014 05:12 AM    Msg. 8 of 33       
looks just like fear
is the map going to be os?

Lateksi

Posted: Jun 23, 2014 06:59 AM    Msg. 9 of 33       
Looking good!

joe55

You are beyond helping, gtfo.

Posted: Jun 23, 2014 07:03 AM    Msg. 10 of 33       
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Creative!

ChromeGames

Posted: Jun 23, 2014 12:06 PM    Msg. 11 of 33       
Quote: --- Original message by: DOOM899
looks just like fear
is the map going to be os?

I've been using OS all the time

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Jun 23, 2014 03:59 PM    Msg. 12 of 33       
I really like how you used some of these textures and detail objects. Especially in this image.

Looking good!

WWLinkMasterX

subliminal message.

Posted: Jun 23, 2014 04:31 PM    Msg. 13 of 33       
excellent

DOOM899

Posted: Jun 23, 2014 07:49 PM    Msg. 14 of 33       
how did you get detail objects to work for os?

altis94

Join my Discord https://discord.gg/GDVEaRD

Posted: Jun 23, 2014 09:29 PM    Msg. 15 of 33       
That's scenery, not detail objects.

ChromeGames

Posted: Jun 23, 2014 10:40 PM    Msg. 16 of 33       
how did you get detail objects to work for os?

So that's why detail objects don't work... OS kill them. Yes, the grass is not DO, they're scenery objects

DOOM899

Posted: Jun 24, 2014 05:46 AM    Msg. 17 of 33       
wood you like me to test it

and I can give you some more info on os if you need it
I no some things on os not much but even a bit of info can help

and your map looks cool
Edited by DOOM899 on Jun 24, 2014 at 05:47 AM

ChromeGames

Posted: Jun 24, 2014 01:21 PM    Msg. 18 of 33       

and your map looks cool

You can test my maps... I gave a link below the main post, you can look for all my maps.

Thanks BTW

antiblood

Hail satan, smoke mehth

Posted: Jun 26, 2014 08:29 PM    Msg. 19 of 33       
Looks dope :)

Juzo

Just delete my account really

Posted: Jul 1, 2014 02:16 PM    Msg. 20 of 33       
These maps could be used for Halloween.

FrostyCyphereV2

"VKNG Mapping Team: we have too many projects" lol

Posted: Jul 1, 2014 03:26 PM    Msg. 21 of 33       
Plz let this have a story, if it does, I can proudly say this is similar to Cry of Fear.

clonecam117

Now a professional VFX/particle effect artist.

Posted: Jul 5, 2014 12:37 PM    Msg. 22 of 33       

and your map looks cool

Ask me, I'm sure I know a lot more, and I can spell better (no offense Doom).

DOOM899

Posted: Jul 7, 2014 07:52 PM    Msg. 23 of 33       
Quote: --- Original message by: clonecam117

and your map looks cool

Ask me, I'm sure I know a lot more, and I can spell better (no offense Doom).

I no a lot about os things but yeah my spelling is not the best but I will get better over time

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Jul 7, 2014 09:20 PM    Msg. 24 of 33       
no, clone knows more. trust me.

Darkzealotx

Posted: Jul 7, 2014 09:39 PM    Msg. 25 of 33       
Actually he doesn't know sh**.

xnx

h2 marine anims or i detonate the vest

Posted: Jul 7, 2014 09:42 PM    Msg. 26 of 33       
I'm surprised you've lasted this long here.

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Jul 7, 2014 09:56 PM    Msg. 27 of 33       
"Your team is more promising then mine. Thats for sure. Plz dont take my posts too seriously kid. I just graduated from college and now I gotta wait a few weeks before I go on vacation. So im bored some times and I just go mess around here with everyone.

Praise Johnlex2......."-actual pm i got from darkzealot

General_101

Apparently all I post is spam.

Posted: Jul 7, 2014 11:40 PM    Msg. 28 of 33       
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812
"Your team is more promising then mine. Thats for sure. Plz dont take my posts too seriously kid. I just graduated from college and now I gotta wait a few weeks before I go on vacation. So im bored some times and I just go mess around here with everyone.

Praise Johnlex2......."-actual pm i got from darkzealot

Can you really call this a private message if you just posted it for everyone to see?

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Jul 8, 2014 12:31 AM    Msg. 29 of 33       
:)

DOOM899

Posted: Jul 8, 2014 02:53 AM    Msg. 30 of 33       
Quote: --- Original message by: xnx
I'm surprised you've lasted this long here.
me?

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Jul 8, 2014 02:55 AM    Msg. 31 of 33       
No, dark.

sshers4

Posted: Jul 8, 2014 02:41 PM    Msg. 32 of 33       
This map reminds me half life 2.

Juzo

Just delete my account really

Posted: Jul 10, 2014 12:03 PM    Msg. 33 of 33       
the halo style version of hl2 and has anyone tested with nazi zombies in ce.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon January 27, 2020 10:36 AM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website