A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[W.I.P.] Pripyat Chernobyl.

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: [W.I.P.] Pripyat Chernobyl. (48 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

ChromeGames

Posted: Jun 24, 2014 10:46 PM    Msg. 1 of 48       
Hello, it's me again and Im very happy to come back here and show you my greatest map ever done yet by me. It's the city of pripyat... and you may know it.

First of all let me tell you that the making of this map was literaly A PAIN IN THE A%& ¿Why? you may ask. Well first of all I wanted to make an acurate replica of the city of pripyat but it was very hard because this city doesn't have enough photos to build a 3D model of it and due to the engine limitations I only builded the city center which is the most famous zone of the abandoned city.

Here are some real pics of pripyat:

It was really hard because there are not enough pictures inside the buildings and the only way to model an acurate replica was to go pripyat but I can't of course (not now), So I had to use my imagination to build the inner sections of the main buildings, and the hard part too was to make easy and simple models for the main buildings.

The main Idea was to make the whole city but due to the engine limitations I barely made the city center.

One of the hardest part too was crunching the polygons, the final BSP ahd almost 50,000 polys and Halo wasn't able to handle them... I crunched the BSP to 1,000 POLYS!! (Yes is a wonder) but the problem was to fix a lot of ultra tiny degenerate triangles, but after hard work I did it...

Pripyat in CE. (And this is only the 45% of the final map)

I have to fix some textures, but that's easy.

This part needs some foliage, this building is in the left side of the city center, I think this is a "market" anyways, is the nearest one from the "Energetik" building.

The Iconic Pripyat Ferris Wheel (Made by me too)

Sky View of the map.

Things to do:

-Improve lightmaps and lighning (Aether usage)
-More foliage
-More structures
-Weapons
-Vehicles
-3D SkyBox objects

Gametypes support:
-All Gametypes

Solo Game:
-Zombie Survival with friendly AI bots (Probably the whole map would not be playable)

Thanks for watching

Jesse

Discord: Jesse#4500

Posted: Jun 24, 2014 10:51 PM    Msg. 2 of 48       
Looks amazing, nice work!

altis94

What doesn't ban me makes me stronger

Posted: Jun 24, 2014 10:57 PM    Msg. 3 of 48       
I love you.

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Jun 24, 2014 11:10 PM    Msg. 4 of 48       
Looking forward to seeing where this goes. I hope there are some Cold War-era tags for it when it's all said and done.

ChromeGames

Posted: Jun 24, 2014 11:15 PM    Msg. 5 of 48       
Thanks for the good comments guys.

MEGA_VKNG

Now retired from CE, enjoy DW! https://goo.gl/1Bup

Posted: Jun 24, 2014 11:16 PM    Msg. 6 of 48       
dude, thats sick! im gonna play the crap out of this.

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Jun 25, 2014 12:32 AM    Msg. 7 of 48       
Looking awesome. Will anticipate this! :)

Oskarmandude

Make Halomaps Fully Hectic Again

Posted: Jun 25, 2014 01:12 AM    Msg. 8 of 48       
Looks sick.
Hey, isn't this an area in CoD4?

Echo77

Posted: Jun 25, 2014 01:27 AM    Msg. 9 of 48       
Quote: --- Original message by: Oskarmandude
Looks sick.
Hey, isn't this an area in CoD4?

It's in one of them. You end up having to hold out at the base of the ferris wheel.

StormUndBlackbird

https://youtube.com/StormUndBlackbird

Posted: Jun 25, 2014 02:34 AM    Msg. 10 of 48       
*Assumes there's still as much radioactivity there to pass through cybernetic exoskeletons*

Will there be some kind of radioactivity damaging you as much as Halo CE's stock fire would? I'd imagine it being difficult, if not invisible to see, and once taking effect, losing damage like Halo CE's stock fire would and at the same time, having to hear the ticks of a geiger counter (and maybe walking slower?).

Just my idea though :o

DOOM899

{DM} [gamesmaster] if i can ill help maybe

Posted: Jun 25, 2014 03:07 AM    Msg. 11 of 48       
if you use this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTDaVb19_PQ OpenSauce v3.1.0 .. and you can have 3,000 POLYS and the max 4,000 POLYS for bsps
and some nice updates for the old halo ce engine

nice map to is it going to mp as well as sp

StormUndBlackbird

https://youtube.com/StormUndBlackbird

Posted: Jun 25, 2014 03:26 AM    Msg. 12 of 48       
Quote: --- Original message by: DOOM899
is it going to mp as well as sp
Well it says:
Quote: --- Original message by: ChromeGames
Gametypes support:
-All Gametypes

DOOM899

{DM} [gamesmaster] if i can ill help maybe

Posted: Jun 25, 2014 03:28 AM    Msg. 13 of 48       
Quote: --- Original message by: StormUndBlackbird
is it going to mp as well as sp
Well it says:
Quote: --- Original message by: ChromeGames
Gametypes support:
-All Gametypes
and I say yeah
Edited by DOOM899 on Jun 25, 2014 at 03:28 AM

CorpseManTS

Sorry, I cant hear u with my bullet in your mouth!

Posted: Jun 25, 2014 07:28 AM    Msg. 14 of 48       
Awesome, map would be a great firefight with Covies and then the Flood.

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Jun 25, 2014 07:35 AM    Msg. 15 of 48       
Quote: --- Original message by: CorpseManTS

^ this.

UHWArby

cool

Posted: Jun 25, 2014 09:59 AM    Msg. 16 of 48       
cool map

killzone64

Back at it

Posted: Jun 25, 2014 10:33 AM    Msg. 17 of 48       
if you use this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTDaVb19_PQ OpenSauce v3.1.0 .. and you can have 3,000 POLYS and the max 4,000 POLYS for bsps
and some nice updates for the old halo ce engine

nice map to is it going to mp as well as sp

actually the stock bsp "limit" for mp maps is 10,000 polys but you can stretch that upwards of 70,000 (rats nest is around 100,000 right now) but somewhere around 30,000 polys parts of your bsp start to dissapear. opensauce just increases the number of triangles that you can render at once, meaning that you can have a higher poly bsp and not worry about dissapearing geometry.

Nice job on the map, it looks really close to real Chernobyl. that area is still irradiated but it is safe to be in as long as you don't live there for extended periods of time. it would be cool if you could tack on the red forest to that as well, make it a soft kill barier as well.
Edited by killzone64 on Jun 25, 2014 at 10:40 AM

Corvette19

Posted: Jun 25, 2014 10:51 AM    Msg. 18 of 48       
Fascinating! I've always had a fancy for the area ever since playing all ghillied up on COD 4. Your work is great here! Looking forward to playing on it.

ChromeGames

Posted: Jun 25, 2014 04:49 PM    Msg. 19 of 48       
Glad to see a lot of good comments, thanks guys.

Flash44x

What would you have your arbiter do?

Posted: Jun 25, 2014 05:11 PM    Msg. 20 of 48       
Quote: --- Original message by: Corvette19
Fascinating! I've always had a fancy for the area ever since playing all ghillied up on COD 4. Your work is great here! Looking forward to playing on it.

Echo77

Posted: Jun 25, 2014 05:20 PM    Msg. 21 of 48       

Better yet, a firefight with terrorists seeking to salvage fissile material, and then Cold War-era Soviet zombies.

WWLinkMasterX

subliminal message.

Posted: Jun 25, 2014 05:37 PM    Msg. 22 of 48       

CorpseManTS

Sorry, I cant hear u with my bullet in your mouth!

Posted: Jun 26, 2014 05:16 AM    Msg. 23 of 48       
Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77

Better yet, a firefight with terrorists seeking to salvage fissile material, and then Cold War-era Soviet zombies.

Or better yet, insurrectionists 1st then covenant then the flood, would make sense for the human combat forms. Reinforcements? higher the difficulty, the lesser.

Lateksi

Posted: Jun 26, 2014 12:04 PM    Msg. 24 of 48       
Niiice. Looks like it would make a nice single player map. Since it's low poly-ish I think it would need good texture work and lots of scenery.

ChromeGames

Posted: Jun 26, 2014 04:11 PM    Msg. 25 of 48       
It seems a lot of you guys want a firefight fight on this map, yes It will have it.

Echo77

Posted: Jun 26, 2014 05:19 PM    Msg. 26 of 48       

Or better yet, insurrectionists 1st then covenant then the flood, would make sense for the human combat forms. Reinforcements? higher the difficulty, the lesser.

Well I don't see why there'd be Covenant and Flood in 20th/21st Century Chernobyl.

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Jun 26, 2014 07:02 PM    Msg. 27 of 48       
ORBITAL DROP SHOCK TARDIS maybe?

Bungie LLC

.pots

Posted: Jun 28, 2014 07:54 PM    Msg. 28 of 48       
>discussing >m-muh firefight mods

nice contributions fellas :^)

This map is actually looking really promising, enough to the point where it warranted my attention and a reply. I like how it's looking so far, almost like you took the pictures themselves and just "cartoonized" them into Halo's engine.

If you're going strictly for a Halo-based tagset on this map, then go ahead I guess.

But if you're considering some things, I'd like to suggest actually adding a Modern Warfare-esque tagset to this map. Some notable tags I would suggest using, if you consider the former, would be some of the Modern Warfare 2 tags in Zteam's tag release (the flashbang, throwing knife, etc), and ImBrokeRU's tagset release containing the H&K USP, the ACR, and the M4A1 from Modern Warfare 2.

Skidrow925

Arrested Pvt. -1st Class

Posted: Jun 28, 2014 08:15 PM    Msg. 29 of 48       
This is actually a lot cooler than I expected. Very nicely done. As other said, I suggest using CoD4 to get an idea of the insides of buildings. They did an excellent job. I'm not sure other other references you could use, but CoD4 should be a great start.

Echo77

Posted: Jun 28, 2014 09:12 PM    Msg. 30 of 48       
Quote: --- Original message by: Bungie LLC
>discussing >m-muh firefight mods

nice contributions fellas :^)

This map is actually looking really promising, enough to the point where it warranted my attention and a reply. I like how it's looking so far, almost like you took the pictures themselves and just "cartoonized" them into Halo's engine.

If you're going strictly for a Halo-based tagset on this map, then go ahead I guess.

But if you're considering some things, I'd like to suggest actually adding a Modern Warfare-esque tagset to this map. Some notable tags I would suggest using, if you consider the former, would be some of the Modern Warfare 2 tags in Zteam's tag release (the flashbang, throwing knife, etc), and ImBrokeRU's tagset release containing the H&K USP, the ACR, and the M4A1 from Modern Warfare 2.

Well if it's in Chernobyl, then I think Russian small arms would fit the theme better than American service weapons. Things like the Makarov, AK-74, and Dragunov SVD.
Edited by Echo77 on Jun 28, 2014 at 09:16 PM

Bungie LLC

.pots

Posted: Jun 28, 2014 10:18 PM    Msg. 31 of 48       
Well if it's in Chernobyl, then I think Russian small arms would fit the theme better than American service weapons. Things like the Makarov, AK-74, and Dragunov SVD.

That's a good point, yes. Thing is, I don't know of any Russian-themed modern weapons tags that currently exist, however. Those are the only good-quality ones I know of that are readily available that fit the "modern" criteria.

Echo77

Posted: Jun 28, 2014 10:38 PM    Msg. 32 of 48       
Quote: --- Original message by: Bungie LLC

That's a good point, yes. Thing is, I don't know of any Russian-themed modern weapons tags that currently exist, however. Those are the only good-quality ones I know of that are readily available that fit the "modern" criteria.

TF3DM.com has some that might work. They have an AKS-74U, AK-74M, Dragunov SVD, and an RPG-7. That'd be a start, I'd think.

Bungie LLC

.pots

Posted: Jun 28, 2014 11:06 PM    Msg. 33 of 48       
TF3DM.com has some that might work. They have an AKS-74U, AK-74M, Dragunov SVD, and an RPG-7. That'd be a start, I'd think.

Well, those are just models. If anything, it'd take some work to get those in-game with good animations, good functionality, and good looks. The work would be a bit easier on him if he could get his hands on some extracted FP animations from any of the Modern Warfare games for those weapons, but I don't know where to get those or how to go about getting them.
Edited by Bungie LLC on Jun 28, 2014 at 11:07 PM

ChromeGames

Posted: Jun 30, 2014 05:12 PM    Msg. 34 of 48       
Thanks for the weapon option guys, If I could find them here I'd put them in the map.

Forthe guy who said about using the COD4 game as reference, I didn't thought about it but sometimes like me, these scenarios are not real replicas of pripyat, I tried to see something in STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl, the city of Pripyat was done very good but it was very different than the original pripyat.

Skidrow925

Arrested Pvt. -1st Class

Posted: Jun 30, 2014 11:23 PM    Msg. 35 of 48       
My suggestion of using COD4 as a reference is that, in my own opinion, they did a very good job on the insides of the buildings They gave it a good run-down feel, and the insides tended to match how the building looked like it would be from the outside. By all means though, use every reference you can find, and don't be afraid to put your own spin on them It looks great so far, and I have full confidence you will do a wonderful job with this.

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun May 28, 2017 10:14 PM 375 ms.
A Halo Maps Website