A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical »how to change rank

Author Topic: how to change rank (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

The_Schnozzberry

Posted: Jul 1, 2014 09:06 PM    Msg. 1 of 3       
I've swapped the player biped for an elite one using mr.mowhawk but cant seem to find out how to change the rank of my character? its shown as a blue elite. in halo ce i remember changing the actor variant for ai and that would do the trick but yeah no idea for halo 2.

anyone care to help this clueless noob? :D

Specop75

Posted: Jul 2, 2014 05:56 AM    Msg. 2 of 3       
You can do all that using the "Assembly" editor. First start the game and choose the mission where you want to play. Next, once in-game, minimize it and open Assembly. Click on "Open Blam Cache File" and in the Halo 2 maps folder choose the map you're playing on. Now select Tags, next to the Map Information and look for "matg" > "globals\globals". There find Player Representation and change 3rd Person Unit to any biped you want to play as. To change your rank, type it in the "3rd Person Unit Variant" box. If you choose the elite, you can use "minor_dog, major_dog, ultra_dog, spec_ops_dog, stealth_dog, stealth_major_dog, zealot_dog, honor_dog". It is important to know the suffix for the biped you use, so for the elite you can use "dog" or "scl". You can experiment to find it for the other bipeds. Once you changed the biped and the variant click on "Quick Poke". Now maximize the game and restart the level. You should now be able to play as the rank you want to. :)

The_Schnozzberry

Posted: Jul 9, 2014 12:42 AM    Msg. 3 of 3       
Thanks! i didn't know about assembly this is awesome i have many things in mind now :P

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun July 23, 2017 8:44 PM 156 ms.
A Halo Maps Website