A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Why does mc need some, sands of time prince of persia bull crap look.

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: Why does mc need some, sands of time prince of persia bull crap look. (53 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Jul 8, 2014 09:57 AM    Msg. 1 of 53       

abkarch

Posted: Jul 8, 2014 10:52 AM    Msg. 2 of 53       

Super Flanker

Posted: Jul 8, 2014 11:29 AM    Msg. 3 of 53       
Quote: --- Original message by: abkarch
http://media.moddb.com/images/groups/1/3/2933/2117052.jpg

10000000/10

Desktop wallpaper.

xnx

h2 marine anims or i detonate the vest

Posted: Jul 8, 2014 11:59 AM    Msg. 4 of 53       
Because they're developing the Master Chief into his own unique character and making him more than just a set of cool armor.

abkarch

Posted: Jul 8, 2014 12:21 PM    Msg. 5 of 53       
Quote: --- Original message by: xnx
Because they're developing the Master Chief into his own unique character and making him more than just a set of cool armor.

Cant tell if serious

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Jul 8, 2014 01:24 PM    Msg. 6 of 53       
Deserts are brown/tan.

Master Chief's armor is green.

If Master Chief is all by himself in the middle of the desert and wants to blend in, covering the green with brown/tan is probably the best approach.

Lateksi

Posted: Jul 8, 2014 02:58 PM    Msg. 7 of 53       
Frankie said that the MC's cape was there for blending in.

Don't know if Halo 5 is going to be any good though. Halo 4's story was pretty good but the multiplayer was disappointing. Don't know why there exist many modders here who want to port everything from new games to CE, even if it's something as lame as armor lock. In the trailer of Halo 5 they mentioned "arena multiplayer". Now that's something to look for... Give me something as good as Quake or Unreal Tournament!

Echo77

Posted: Jul 8, 2014 03:02 PM    Msg. 8 of 53       
Quote: --- Original message by: The Doctor
This ^
Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
Deserts are brown/tan.

Master Chief's armor is green.

If Master Chief is all by himself in the middle of the desert and wants to blend in, covering the green with brown/tan is probably the best approach.
Oh... I thought you were going to make a poem :(

Free verse, yo.

BKTiel

strong independent bird needs no cage

Posted: Jul 8, 2014 04:44 PM    Msg. 9 of 53       
Yeah. It's probably the closest you're going to get to displaying MC as some haggard figure without willfully trampling the helmet rule 24/7.

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Jul 8, 2014 07:14 PM    Msg. 10 of 53       
im excited for H5G actually. Atleast 343 knows they messed up with H4 and they are fixing it with H2AMP/H5G

gruntfromhalo

actual loli

Posted: Jul 8, 2014 09:47 PM    Msg. 11 of 53       
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812
im excited for H5G actually. Atleast 343 knows they messed up with H4 and they are fixing it with H2AMP/H5G

Yes the corporate board meeting decided that they will make more money if they act like they're trying to please fans, plus it will help boost Xbox One sales! Meanwhile, the game can still expand into the market of best-sellers like Call of Duty! Merchant, you are my greatest ally.

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Jul 9, 2014 02:37 AM    Msg. 12 of 53       
If it ends up sucking then oh well. My xbox one was $0 so its not gonna be a huge loss for me.

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Jul 9, 2014 06:59 AM    Msg. 13 of 53       
I liked the halo 4 campaign and the multiplayer was good, but waaayy too fast paced compared to the previous halo games, even Reach.

The thing I didn't like about the overall story (including spartan ops) was that they added so many other Spartans, that I feel it detracted from the legendary awesomeness of the Spartans and the belief that the master chief was the only spartan left alive. It seemed like the UNSC could promote anyone they wanted to a spartan with the chemical enhancements. Spartans r cheep, where can I git one?! Despite all this, I had a blast with halo 4, especially with the 2 disc install and the need for a hard drive (sarcasm), but it was fine once I got it working. Still, the game didn't manage to keep my attention like halo 2 - 3 have, or even Reach. I gotta say, I love the sounds and style of the game though, but hated the coloring on the spartan rubber.

Echo77

Posted: Jul 9, 2014 10:23 AM    Msg. 14 of 53       
Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse
The thing I didn't like about the overall story (including spartan ops) was that they added so many other Spartans, that I feel it detracted from the legendary awesomeness of the Spartans and the belief that the master chief was the only spartan left alive. It seemed like the UNSC could promote anyone they wanted to a spartan with the chemical enhancements. Spartans r cheep, where can I git one?!

This. I feel like the Spartan IIIs were the closest we should have gotten to "disposable" super soldiers. There were more of them, they were cheaper, but they had tradeoffs: they had no energy shielding (with a few exceptions), and they basically had to operate as a fireteam to accomplish what a solitary Spartan could. But in Halo 4, not only do we have more Spartans, we have an entire service branch of Spartans (with no chain of command because *makes fart noise with mouth*) that anyone can join and become a supercommando almost on-par with the Chief.

It'd be like the Star Wars universe suddenly became as simple as, "Any random being in the galaxy can go to the Jedi Temple on Coruscant and become a Jedi." It ruins the exclusivity, detracts from, as you said, the legendary status we've come to associate with Spartans.
Edited by Echo77 on Jul 9, 2014 at 10:25 AM

Flash44x

What would you have your arbiter do?

Posted: Jul 9, 2014 10:43 AM    Msg. 15 of 53       
Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse
I liked the halo 4 campaign and the multiplayer was good, but waaayy too fast paced compared to the previous halo games, even Reach.

The thing I didn't like about the overall story (including spartan ops) was that they added so many other Spartans, that I feel it detracted from the legendary awesomeness of the Spartans and the belief that the master chief was the only spartan left alive. It seemed like the UNSC could promote anyone they wanted to a spartan with the chemical enhancements. Spartans r cheep, where can I git one?! Despite all this, I had a blast with halo 4, especially with the 2 disc install and the need for a hard drive (sarcasm), but it was fine once I got it working. Still, the game didn't manage to keep my attention like halo 2 - 3 have, or even Reach. I gotta say, I love the sounds and style of the game though, but hated the coloring on the spartan rubber.

I actually liked spartan ops because it had a cool story with episodes imo. But it lacked replay value though. They never even released a season 2. The campaign was also great. The only thing I didn't liked about it was that it didn't actually have a halo or something special to give that halo feeling back like the flood. The graphics were the best imo. The multiplayer imo was not bad but it wasn't good either. Overall halo 4 was a good game with a lot of content, it just wasn't a good enough halo game for me.

Juzo

Just delete my account really

Posted: Jul 9, 2014 10:55 AM    Msg. 16 of 53       
I like halo 4 but it doesn't have the elements of the other games, for once I miss the flood always trying to infect everything, the brutes would have been great to add to the game the covies have less weaponry and vehicles but the multiplayer could have been better.

Juzo

Posted: Jul 9, 2014 02:27 PM    Msg. 17 of 53       
Dude it's martin o'donnell and if h5g sucks like h4 the uprising must begin.

xnx

Posted: Jul 9, 2014 03:56 PM    Msg. 18 of 53       
I think the MCC is going to give 343 a kick up the @#$ and show them how much players want down and dirty arena gameplay, plus they're going to get a mountain of feedback from the beta since the community is so passionate about their franchise. I feel pretty optimistic.

Lyra_qt_fag

Too Much Lynx

Posted: Jul 9, 2014 05:22 PM    Msg. 19 of 53       
Quote: --- Original message by: Altearose
Why post it something like this, do you expect we could answer better than the creators (343 Industries). The chief is basically on a windy desert, the sand could annoy his visor, armor (Sand getting stuck in the corners of the armor), and etc.. Sand is annoying so yeah.

Do you expect a super high tech robe? A spartan robe? Sand protection energy shield?

Energy Shields that can stop bullets.
Nanotechnology that can upgrade his armor.
Needs a mexican poncho to keep sand away.
Seems legit.
He didn't need that poncho in Halo 3 when he went to a desert like area.
Sorry 343 sometimes less is more.

Juzo

Posted: Jul 9, 2014 05:27 PM    Msg. 20 of 53       
If energy shielding could reflect all kinds of projectiles you would be f#*%&@g unstoppable.

Lyra_qt_fag

Too Much Lynx

Posted: Jul 9, 2014 05:31 PM    Msg. 21 of 53       
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan_234
If energy shielding could reflect all kinds of projectiles you would be f#*%&@g unstoppable.

>implying MC isn't unstoppable.
You should be ashamed of ye self.

Juzo

Posted: Jul 9, 2014 05:36 PM    Msg. 22 of 53       
scratch, cough, sniff, dude I was just sayin and also I was wrong energy shielding wouldn't protect mc from everything thanks alot lyra.

Echo77

Posted: Jul 9, 2014 05:44 PM    Msg. 23 of 53       
Quote: --- Original message by: Lyra_qt_fag
Seems legit.

This is assuming that the sole purpose of the poncho is to keep sand away, and that he isn't using it for concealment (which would make the most sense).

He seems to have disappeared shortly after being debriefed on the Infinity, which makes me think that he's probably operating alone at this point.

Lyra_qt_fag

Too Much Lynx

Posted: Jul 9, 2014 05:54 PM    Msg. 24 of 53       
Seems legit.

This is assuming that the sole purpose of the poncho is to keep sand away, and that he isn't using it for concealment (which would make the most sense).

He seems to have disappeared shortly after being debriefed on the Infinity, which makes me think that he's probably operating alone at this point.

Because a poncho is going to hide a 6'7 Green Spartan. In the middle of a desert.
It's a bad attempt at making MC look epic.

Juzo

Posted: Jul 9, 2014 06:04 PM    Msg. 25 of 53       
Fact is I understand the poncho but where did he get it.

Echo77

Posted: Jul 9, 2014 06:16 PM    Msg. 26 of 53       
Seems legit.

Because a poncho is going to hide a 6'7 Green Spartan. In the middle of a desert.
It's a bad attempt at making MC look epic.

6'7" of semi-reflective green armor plating is going to stand out more in a desert than 6'7" of dingy brown robes. I'm not saying it's going to make him invisible, but it's going to help him blend in better than he would without it. If camouflage became useless simply because an object was taller than the average man, I suspect that no military would bother camouflaging vehicles.
Edited by Echo77 on Jul 9, 2014 at 06:33 PM

xnx

Posted: Jul 9, 2014 08:19 PM    Msg. 27 of 53       
...if he's trying to hide, why not constantly activate active camo? that'll solve his problem

Echo77

Posted: Jul 9, 2014 09:30 PM    Msg. 28 of 53       
I would like 343 to cover everything and show people that Halo is more than a game about a "robot" who kills aliens and has no face.

Some stuff is better left to the imagination. You can expand on a story without getting rid of all the mysteries. I preferred it when the Forerunners were a mysterious and enigmatic race that had long since vanished from the galaxy, leaving nothing but technological remnants. Now all of a sudden everything that has ever happened since the dawn of time has been directly attributed to Forerunner involvement. All those cool technological achievements humanity made over the centuries? That all happened because the Forerunners predetermined for it to happen. The story switched from a tale of humanity fighting back a technologically and numerically superior foe with the sweat of their brow and stick-to-it-iveness, to a story in which the Forerunners are revealed to be the puppetmasters of the galaxy, a story in which humanity has become more akin to the Galactic Empire than the Rebel Alliance.

tl;dr: "I want them to cover everything," is why we ended up with "The Force comes from single-celled organisms called midichlorians that live in your blood stream."

...if he's trying to hide, why not constantly activate active camo? that'll solve his problem

His armor doesn't have built-in active camo, so he'd have to have brought the armor ability plug-in to do that. Even if he took an av. cam unit with him, active camo generates large amounts of heat (which could be problematic in a desert), jams his motion tracker, muffles his hearing, and only works well when he's moving at a snail's pace. None of these traits are desirable for a lengthy trek through the desert.
Edited by Echo77 on Jul 9, 2014 at 09:34 PM

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: Jul 9, 2014 10:31 PM    Msg. 29 of 53       
He has a cloak and dagger?

xnx

Posted: Jul 9, 2014 11:20 PM    Msg. 30 of 53       
It's just a teaser, don't take it seriously at all... probably it was just a way to "surprise" the viewers at E3 2013...

Yeah, I know, I'm just being obnoxiously investigative. Plus we actually don't really know WHY he has/had a cloak or even if it will stay in the final game, or if it was just for the buildup at e3 when everybody was guessing what game was being shown before they ended with SURPRISE *thunderous applause* IT'S MASTUR CH33F

Super Flanker

Posted: Jul 12, 2014 12:17 PM    Msg. 31 of 53       
What really annoys me, is the link between changes in design, story e.t.c from 3rd party sources such as books, tv series and stuff like that.

Halo 2, seems to be the only game which gives us a reason why master chiefs armor changed. And bungie got away with h3 since the amour was pretty much the same but had a few moderate updates.

Halo reach seemed a bit of a leap too far in general, but it wasn't as bad as 4. Which was completely inexplicable.

I would take a guess at H5 being more of the same, developed to entice and excite the younger generation whilst leaving the older generation of Halo fans with mind rape.

It's all about dem dollars.

Bungie LLC

friendly neighborhood contrarian funposter

Posted: Jul 12, 2014 05:25 PM    Msg. 32 of 53       
Where have you been?

This is what 343 Industries, and Micro$oft does. Duh.

/thread

Juzo

Posted: Jul 12, 2014 05:39 PM    Msg. 33 of 53       
I like the mc armour from h1-h3 halo 4 is too far off but h5g should be different (I hope). and cea was a bit odd.

BKTiel

strong independent bird needs no cage

Posted: Jul 12, 2014 05:39 PM    Msg. 34 of 53       
Quote: --- Original message by: Maniac1000
He has a cloak and dagger?

Heh.

Juzo

Posted: Jul 12, 2014 05:43 PM    Msg. 35 of 53       
cloak and a silenced magnum or stick with the dagger (stab and run).

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon September 23, 2019 10:19 AM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website