A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo: Composition

Page 4 of 11 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · 3 · [4] · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · ... · 11 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: Halo: Composition (369 messages, Page 4 of 11)
Moderators: Dennis

lolslayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Posted: Sep 10, 2015 03:26 PM    Msg. 106 of 369       
Quote: --- Original message by: EtchyaSketch
Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh
They'll show stuff when they have stuff to show.

Yeah, but the last update was like half a year ago I think?

And they could just say, that they got a bit further, or that they didn't have any time to work on the project cause of ... reason, I would like that if more people do that like a monthly update, just telling if they got further

In most cases promised incremental updates do nothing but hinder development, because it sets an expectation to have some sort of update, that something must be made, even if the quality is questionable.

I for one am happy that, just like with TSC:E, its being kept under wraps until something significant is ready.

I didn't mean like promising for an update, but like just telling if there is something to tell

P3

Posted: Sep 10, 2015 06:15 PM    Msg. 107 of 369       
Quote: --- Original message by: EtchyaSketch
They'll show stuff when they have stuff to show.

Yeah, but the last update was like half a year ago I think?

And they could just say, that they got a bit further, or that they didn't have any time to work on the project cause of ... reason, I would like that if more people do that like a monthly update, just telling if they got further

In most cases promised incremental updates do nothing but hinder development, because it sets an expectation to have some sort of update, that something must be made, even if the quality is questionable.

I for one am happy that, just like with TSC:E, its being kept under wraps until something significant is ready.

I didn't mean like promising for an update, but like just telling if there is something to tell

I'm sure if they had anything to tell, they would be telling it and not telling that they have something to tell but not telling what is going to be told.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Sep 10, 2015 06:52 PM    Msg. 108 of 369       
But what if they have already told us what they needed to tell?

And that we ourselves our so impatient that we need to be given incremental tales on what has already been told so that we can tell others about what has already been fortold.

If I may be so bold....

Perhaps we should just re-tell others what we have already been told so we don't annoy others by telling them to give new info on the topic which has been previously told.
Edited by SS Flanker on Sep 10, 2015 at 06:54 PM

lolslayer

Posted: Sep 11, 2015 02:47 AM    Msg. 109 of 369       
Yeah, that's all true P3 and Flanker, but now I think that they got some cool new updates which isn't told, but maybe there was nothing done the last half year, I would like to know that so I don't have to check this topic everyday in the hope that those not made updates would become public

Super Flanker

Posted: Sep 11, 2015 10:17 AM    Msg. 110 of 369       
Yeah, that's all true P3 and Flanker, but now I think that they got some cool new updates which isn't told, but maybe there was nothing done the last half year, I would like to know that so I don't have to check this topic everyday in the hope that those not made updates would become public

Truly awful attempt, soak yourself in bleach and come back with a purpose tomorrow.

jk

Mootjuh

Hilariously derailing oneliner

Posted: Sep 11, 2015 05:23 PM    Msg. 111 of 369       
Or just nobody comment on this thread and subscribw to it so you get an email when someone replies.

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Sep 16, 2015 11:42 PM    Msg. 112 of 369       
Progress has been slow behind the scenes due to life in general, circumstances are a lot different since CE3 2014. There's a lot of stuff that's been done, however I imagine it'll be awhile before it all comes "together".

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Sep 17, 2015 03:23 AM    Msg. 113 of 369       
Wherever you go
Whatever you do
I will be right here
Waiting for you

lolslayer

Posted: Sep 22, 2015 02:01 PM    Msg. 114 of 369       
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
Wherever you go
Whatever you do
I will be right here
Waiting for you

That's so sweet :')

Docer

Posted: Sep 23, 2015 09:19 AM    Msg. 115 of 369       
I hope we'll get some progress soon.

MasterChefBestChefEver

First spartan that can cook better than you!

Posted: Oct 6, 2015 11:40 PM    Msg. 116 of 369       
We have to wait for the best.

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Dec 6, 2015 01:31 PM    Msg. 117 of 369       
I created a Twitter page for Halo: Composition where you can follow small incremental updates/ statuses of me working on various things, www.twitter.com/Ki11a_ftw

Super Flanker

Posted: Dec 6, 2015 01:34 PM    Msg. 118 of 369       
Quote: --- Original message by: Ki11erFTW
I created a Twitter page for Halo: Composition where you can follow small incremental updates/ statuses of me working on various things, www.twitter.com/Ki11a_ftw

sweet.

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: Dec 6, 2015 01:46 PM    Msg. 119 of 369       
Wooh welcome to the Twitter family. #screenshotsaturday #indiedev #gamedev

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Dec 7, 2015 04:14 AM    Msg. 120 of 369       
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI-6rNM7VeI

After some feedback from some friends I had over who were playing apart of Halo Composition, many had complained about the slow movement of the game. (People now seem accustomed to always have a sprint ability optional after the trends in the FPS genre), so here it is.

Halo Composition will embrace the newer trends of FPS gaming with a sprint button that's binded to the left shift key. I have it linked to the X button on my Xbox One controller.

Sprint behaves exactly how you'd expect. Tap Shift to engage sprint, tap shift again, or simply stop moving to disengage.

The combat keys are linked to this feature, so if you are sprinting and surprised by an enemy, you can simply just fire your weapon/throw a grenade just like you normally would in a combat situation.

You can sprint in 5 second intervals, with a 2.5 second recharge time.

Some of this stuff is still being adjusted, (Like the UI functions and small remaining bugs) but this is what it will look like.

It actually feels a lot like Half Life 2's sprint.
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Dec 7, 2015 at 04:15 AM

CaptainAltheros
-banned for conduct-

@Altehros

Posted: Dec 7, 2015 04:23 AM    Msg. 121 of 369       
That bloom makes my eyes bleed.

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Dec 7, 2015 04:25 AM    Msg. 122 of 369       
Quote: --- Original message by: CaptainAltheros
That bloom makes my eyes bleed.

Good thing the video isn't about the bloom then.

Mootjuh

Hilariously derailing oneliner

Posted: Dec 7, 2015 04:28 AM    Msg. 123 of 369       
So sprint was just added because other modern games have it? Won't the exclusion of such feature not make the game more unique? Did you consider what impact the feature has for your map design?

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Dec 7, 2015 04:33 AM    Msg. 124 of 369       
So sprint was just added because other modern games have it? Won't the exclusion of such feature not make the game more unique? Did you consider what impact the feature has for your map design?

I'm aware sprint is a very controversial issue. Unfortunately, peoples feelings on it are 50/50. No, I didn't add it in just to make it "modern", if newer players are going to expect such a feature, I'm okay with that. It only adds to the experience.

However since this isn't a multiplayer project, it feels right at home in campaign. Even before I thought about adding sprint I would catch myself hitting a button instinctively to run faster.

If every one is against it, then it'll be removed.

Edit:

Also, I'm just realizing that the bloom is a lot worse in the videos I'm posting then the actual map. Heres a screenshot.

Edited by Ki11erFTW on Dec 7, 2015 at 05:09 AM

Vokes

BBQ AT BOB'S PLACE

Posted: Dec 7, 2015 08:59 AM    Msg. 125 of 369       
The CE3 demo was incredible, sorta gave off the Winter Contingency (single player mission) vibe from Halo Reach. Wish it was H3 tagsets, never liked the H4 design. Either way, the backdrop was insanely beautiful and the gameplay seemed like it made good use of the environment, especially with that small "defend the base" scenario. I hate when developers make exquisite battlegrounds but the user ends up clearing the enemies or speedruns (don't even get me started with that ****) through it in mere minutes. Remember the Covenant dropships coming down wave after wave on a30 on Halo 1? Or at the beginning of Outskirts on Halo 2?? We need more of those! That's what keeps players in a specific environment (literally confines them until they complete the objective) so that they remember it and make use of whatever is available. That's what map design is all about!

SorrySoldOuts

Posted: Dec 7, 2015 10:36 AM    Msg. 126 of 369       

I'm aware sprint is a very controversial issue. Unfortunately, peoples feelings on it are 50/50. No, I didn't add it in just to make it "modern", if newer players are going to expect such a feature, I'm okay with that. It only adds to the experience.

However since this isn't a multiplayer project, it feels right at home in campaign. Even before I thought about adding sprint I would catch myself hitting a button instinctively to run faster.

If every one is against it, then it'll be removed.

Edit:

Also, I'm just realizing that the bloom is a lot worse in the videos I'm posting then the actual map. Heres a screenshot.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CVnYQo0WUAAtABS.jpg:large
That's good looking SP you made there, just hope you won't stop working on this.

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: Dec 7, 2015 11:18 AM    Msg. 127 of 369       
Killa, does your video imply that the traditional Valhalla MP map is somehow going to be merged into your campaign level? Or is it purely a feature/texture test level.

Personally I am neither for or against sprint. If the levels are larger and more open, I feel sprint is an added value.

Jesse

Discord: Jesse#4500

Posted: Dec 7, 2015 12:55 PM    Msg. 128 of 369       
Quote: --- Original message by: tarikja
Quote: --- Original message by: Zetren
I like bloom. Halo's mix of streamlined covenant and brutalistic human aesthetics really benefit from it in my opinion, especially the covenant's.

As an undergraduate honours student of economics, philosophy and psychology, I say that your epistemological understanding of aesthetics and beauty is abhorrently incorrect.

But that's like, your opinion, man.

Nickster5000

Posted: Dec 7, 2015 01:57 PM    Msg. 129 of 369       
I think sprint is going to be a very nice addition for your project. It feels right with the era that you are shooting for in this project.

You also gotta give us an indepth tutorial on bloom mang. It really gives your map a nice layer of shining oil with it -- I want that on my maps :P

Docer

Posted: Dec 7, 2015 02:00 PM    Msg. 130 of 369       
Is your map and you can add or remove whatever you want and after all everyone was posting in the CMT thread that they want sprint so sprint were added and now you are giving us a complete sprint animation and they say NO. Are you serious guys? just let K1lla make his project and if you don't like don't play it.

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Dec 7, 2015 03:59 PM    Msg. 131 of 369       
Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
Killa, does your video imply that the traditional Valhalla MP map is somehow going to be merged into your campaign level? Or is it purely a feature/texture test level.

Personally I am neither for or against sprint. If the levels are larger and more open, I feel sprint is an added value.

I don't plan on it. I ported the map thinking it was going to fail because of Halo 4's poly-heavy environments. But I had hoped of it working so I could do some DLM testing with the complicated geometry as well as getting a general idea of where to set the bar visually. And it worked.

(Things like shadows on the water, the geometrically complex cliffs, and Terrain bump maps made this map a perfect canidate to experiment with).

MEGA_VKNG

N O O A T S G O R D A N

Posted: Dec 7, 2015 04:11 PM    Msg. 132 of 369       
Do you plan on eventually using the Halo Online models since they lack the compression seen in halo 4? Are you also considering using the Halo 5 spartans since they have been ripped or are you sticking strictly with H4?

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Dec 7, 2015 05:13 PM    Msg. 133 of 369       
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812
Do you plan on eventually using the Halo Online models since they lack the compression seen in halo 4? Are you also considering using the Halo 5 spartans since they have been ripped or are you sticking strictly with H4?

I don't plan on sticking with a lot of the halo 4 weapons. I plan on bringing the classic look of the BR back for example.

That being said, if someone could get me said models they'd probably come to some use. Especially the H2A ones.

MEGA_VKNG

N O O A T S G O R D A N

Posted: Dec 7, 2015 05:31 PM    Msg. 134 of 369       
I have the H2A BR ported already, I can PM you it if you want.

MEGA_VKNG

N O O A T S G O R D A N

Posted: Dec 7, 2015 08:12 PM    Msg. 135 of 369       

Are you triggered yet? Are you ready to leave yet? I only brought up HO because I like both games and I love sabers art style, this has nothing to do with you.
Edited by MEGASEAN2812 on Dec 7, 2015 at 08:13 PM

MEGA_VKNG

N O O A T S G O R D A N

Posted: Dec 7, 2015 08:15 PM    Msg. 136 of 369       
lmao that screenshot is CE but you are too braindead to realise it

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Dec 7, 2015 08:24 PM    Msg. 137 of 369       

Don't dignify him with responses.

MEGA_VKNG

N O O A T S G O R D A N

Posted: Dec 7, 2015 08:27 PM    Msg. 138 of 369       
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314

Don't dignify him with responses.

shut up 343 I like HO im uninstall self at 99.98 percent

Elnoj

Posted: Apr 10, 2016 01:28 AM    Msg. 139 of 369       
Dude leave the BR and pistol from halo 4. when will it come out?
It looks very detailed. Its very unique. Please make a release date and maybe betas for this cool as modified single player campaign. totally original campaign and keep up with the work. Thanks Ki11er.
Edited by Elnoj on Apr 10, 2016 at 01:35 AM

Oskarmandude

Make Halomaps Fully Hectic Again

Posted: Apr 10, 2016 04:49 AM    Msg. 140 of 369       

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CVnYQo0WUAAtABS.jpg:large

"It only adds to the experience"
Yeah, I think completely changing the experience isn't "adding to it". Are you gonna completely re-do your BSPs so that sprint doesn't make you plow through them?

Page 4 of 11 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · 3 · [4] · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · ... · 11 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri April 28, 2017 12:25 AM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website