A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo: Composition

Page 5 of 10 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · [5] · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: Halo: Composition (347 messages, Page 5 of 10)
Moderators: Dennis

SBB_Michelle

I am me!

Posted: Apr 10, 2016 08:27 PM    Msg. 141 of 347       
Quote: --- Original message by: Oskarmandude
"It only adds to the experience"
Yeah, I think completely changing the experience isn't "adding to it". Are you gonna completely re-do your BSPs so that sprint doesn't make you plow through them?

Redoing the bsps would mean that sprinting becomes necessary.

This isn't multiplayer where you need to do that to fix balancing issues.

Jesse

Discord: Jesse#4500

Posted: Apr 10, 2016 08:59 PM    Msg. 142 of 347       
Quote: --- Original message by: SBB_Michelle
"It only adds to the experience"
Yeah, I think completely changing the experience isn't "adding to it". Are you gonna completely re-do your BSPs so that sprint doesn't make you plow through them?

Redoing the bsps would mean that sprinting becomes necessary.

This isn't multiplayer where you need to do that to fix balancing issues.

Not that it's the case in this project, but in SPV3 you don't always have sprint. It's similar to reach in where you can find abilities on the floor (or if appropriate, choose through the loadouts)

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: Apr 10, 2016 09:55 PM    Msg. 143 of 347       

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Apr 10, 2016 10:05 PM    Msg. 144 of 347       
Quote: --- Original message by: EtchyaSketch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iedeG7SVPCE
Nuff said.

Since that guy is just making a video about multiplayer sprint... his whole argument is invalid. There is 0 reason to make your maps bigger for sprint. If sprint isn't working well in your map, you are implementing it wrong.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Apr 10, 2016 10:23 PM    Msg. 145 of 347       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Nuff said.

Since that guy is just making a video about multiplayer sprint... his whole argument is invalid. There is 0 reason to make your maps bigger for sprint. If sprint isn't working well in your map, you are implementing it wrong.

But sprint is now a core mechanic, and therefor levels should be designed around a mechanic as so. If players will have sprint and use it easily, then the levels need to keep that in mind and adjust accordingly. His entire argument is completely valid. That being said, of course sprint could use tweaking later on, but that still means that levels need to be adjusted.

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: Apr 10, 2016 10:40 PM    Msg. 146 of 347       
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Nuff said.

But sprint is now a core mechanic, and therefor levels should be designed around a mechanic as so. If players will have sprint and use it easily, then the levels need to keep that in mind and adjust accordingly. His entire argument is completely valid. That being said, of course sprint could use tweaking later on, but that still means that levels need to be adjusted.

Mootjuh

Hilariously derailing oneliner

Posted: Apr 11, 2016 02:54 AM    Msg. 147 of 347       
Quote: --- Original message by: beaucephal

This whole idea that sprinting somehow fundamentally alters gameplay to the point where maps have to be remade to accommodate is a bit of a fallacy. I'm not sure where this has come from, but SPv3 has plenty of sprinting and it works just fine in the vanilla levels.

A change in map design started in Halo 4 and continued in Halo 5. It's usually smaller maps that are affected though.

OctaVinyl

¡Voy A comer tù corazon!

Posted: Apr 11, 2016 08:22 AM    Msg. 148 of 347       
Hold on just a second here...
The topic was all about Halo Composition for the past few pages and now Sprint is being argued about.
I mean, why would anyone try to fight against, or alongside it?

Well, you do know you don't need to press the sprint button if you don't need to..

Mootjuh

Hilariously derailing oneliner

Posted: Apr 11, 2016 08:33 AM    Msg. 149 of 347       
In SP it isn't as bad but in MP you'd be forced to use it if you want to take a chance getting to the RL first because everyone else is sprinting at it like Sonic.

DOOM899

{DM} [gamesmaster] if i can ill help maybe

Posted: Apr 11, 2016 09:56 AM    Msg. 150 of 347       
So is there some updates for composition.

As for sprint can always have some sort of script that adds an invisible wall to make areas not possible without completing or your killing all the Enemies

Grunter

I'm back from the dead and reporting for duty!

Posted: Apr 13, 2016 05:50 PM    Msg. 151 of 347       
I'll be honest, I hate 343's designs for Halo. Meaning the tags on these are butt ugly (in my opinion)

Masters1337

Posted: Apr 13, 2016 05:52 PM    Msg. 152 of 347       
I like some stuff... but the direction for most stuff in H5 I dislike. The Covenant stuff looks quite nice, although I don't really feel their new Banshee and Wraith... but the weapons all look great.

I still wish the H5 BR looked like this: https://twitter.com/masters1337/status/686450427492196357

Grunter

Posted: Apr 13, 2016 05:58 PM    Msg. 153 of 347       
The Covenant stuff looks nice, except for the armors and alien designs. Personally I prefer the older UNSC designs across the board. :/

EmmanuelCD

Using fox avatar since 1893

Posted: Apr 13, 2016 07:23 PM    Msg. 154 of 347       
Sprint = Logic > Gameplay

Your the most advanced soldier un history, you cant sprint LOL.
I soport the fact you can sprint. I hated the way you were always running in L4D. I havent play H5 yet but still i seen videos con internet and there are not that bad.

bandinada5

Posted: Apr 13, 2016 07:57 PM    Msg. 155 of 347       
look, if you want to add sprint. I thought, like michelle said. Make sure the bsp/map is bigger, so the sprint probably would need it. just like anothe game which has sprint features

Edit : I can see why altis will add sprint feature in his bigass map. It because the size of map
Edited by bandinada5 on Apr 13, 2016 at 08:01 PM

SBB_Michelle

I am me!

Posted: Apr 13, 2016 08:23 PM    Msg. 156 of 347       
I think sprinting would have a bigger impact on indoor environments than outdoor ones, because outdoor ones are usually always more big.

I am not telling anyone to make their whole maps bigger, but the interior stuff might have to be increased in size. Then again if there is AI everywhere it might be hard to just sprint through an area and then size would not have to be increased.

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: Apr 13, 2016 09:13 PM    Msg. 157 of 347       
Quote: --- Original message by: EmmanuelCD
Logic > Gameplay

This is THE worst way a developer can think about things when making a game. It infuriates me to no end. The game should play well before ANYTHING.

Gameplay > Internal Logic

EmmanuelCD

Posted: Apr 13, 2016 09:34 PM    Msg. 158 of 347       
Developer think in steel your money, just see the last CoD titles as an example.

I think a active\disable sprint option should be enable. You can run all you want while disable and be slower when active, but with the advantage of sprint fast during some time

EmmanuelCD

Posted: Apr 13, 2016 09:51 PM    Msg. 159 of 347       
What is your problem with me? Cant i say something in this site without somebody calling me idiot? Thats my opinión and since i didnt offend anybody i think i must have a little respect.

Go and disturb somebody else. I already have enough of your hate coments against me.

Halonimator

Halo5gsucks.com

Posted: Apr 13, 2016 11:08 PM    Msg. 160 of 347       
Quote: --- Original message by: AlissArcana
What is your problem with me? Cant i say something in this site without somebody calling me idiot? Thats my opinión and since i didnt offend anybody i think i must have a little respect.

Go and disturb somebody else. I already have enough of your hate coments against me.

Idiot, you're on a public setting. Me and others have the right to call you out just as people here have the right to call me out on something. Respect is earned not given buddy.

Look at Faggotarcana, He likes to youtubepoop.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Apr 14, 2016 03:52 AM    Msg. 161 of 347       
Sucking up whoremones again I see.

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Apr 14, 2016 04:16 AM    Msg. 162 of 347       
Logic > Gameplay

This is THE worst way a developer can think about things when making a game. It infuriates me to no end. The game should play well before ANYTHING.

Gameplay > Internal Logic

I agree.
I've been using the internet for 5 minutes and already I feel like I've overstayed my welcome.
You see many games ruined because of some snarky developer thinking his virtual realm should be 'realistic'.
Logic < Gameplay, and this may or may not be possible with sprint. But if sprint is going to be in there, it should be fun to use above all else.
Edited by Spartan314 on Apr 14, 2016 at 04:16 AM

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: Apr 14, 2016 04:31 AM    Msg. 163 of 347       

Developers =/= Publishers.

A typical Developers publisher relationship (at least in the West) is Developers do their best to make a game, while Publishers do marketing, focus tests and design decision influences.

Publishers get a lot of say in a typical relationship because they control the purse strings and "oven-time". if the Publisher wants a game/project out in 2 years at 2 Million Dollars that's what Devs have to work with unless the Devs can show some sort of dire need for more time or money (or if the Devs are trusted and have success under their belts already).

Basically my point is your opinion that Developers are just out to grab as much cash from you as possible is an ill-informed opinion, and outright display of naivete.
A lot of the time cash-grab elements in a game are the result of Publisher tampering.

PS all that stuff applies to a typical "AAA" console developer and not Mobile developers because there are some sleazy devs on the mobile scene.
Edited by EtchyaSketch on Apr 14, 2016 at 04:34 AM

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Apr 14, 2016 04:46 AM    Msg. 164 of 347       

Basically my point is your opinion that Developers are just out to grab as much cash from you as possible is an ill-informed opinion, and outright display of naivete.
A lot of the time cash-grab elements in a game are the result of Publisher tampering.

DLC for example, although an arguement can be made that if you don't want dlc then one should stop paying for dlc.
Edited by Super Flanker on Apr 14, 2016 at 04:47 AM

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: Apr 14, 2016 04:54 AM    Msg. 165 of 347       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker

DLC for example, although an arguement can be made that if you don't want dlc then one should stop paying for dlc.

Except in some cases not having the DLC can lead to incomplete or inferior game experiences, i.e. Mass Effect 3's ending.
Or DLC that segments player bases in Multiplayer games like Battlefield or indeed later Halo games (I remember Reach being particularly bad).

Oskarmandude

Make Halomaps Fully Hectic Again

Posted: Apr 14, 2016 07:57 AM    Msg. 166 of 347       
You'd think a cyborg supersoldier would be able to run and use their weapon at the same time? Your base movement speed in the old games was running, and geometry was designed to accommodate that one movement speed. Isn't the flexibility of moving and shooting at the same time so much better than separating them? Why do people insist that it must change?

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Apr 14, 2016 09:17 AM    Msg. 167 of 347       

I soport the fact you can sprint. I hated the way you were always running in L4D. I havent play H5 yet but still i seen videos con internet and there are not that bad.

No one ever said sprint was bad. We were only saying that maps and level design should revolve around mechanics like that if they are going to be added in. Add sprint -> needs larger levels.

Kinnet

Don't feed the hand that bites you.

Posted: Apr 14, 2016 09:29 AM    Msg. 168 of 347       
Quote: --- Original message by: AlissArcana

Idiot, you're on a public setting. Me and others have the right to call you out just as people here have the right to call me out on something. Respect is earned not given buddy.

Leave him alone, he just sees the world from a different perspective than you, also is just his opinion, is not like he's gonna force a developer do it.
Edited by Kinnet on Apr 14, 2016 at 09:35 AM

OctaVinyl

¡Voy A comer tù corazon!

Posted: Apr 14, 2016 09:40 AM    Msg. 169 of 347       
Sprint as we know of today, is already a gameplay mechanic that is present in most shooter games. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, as it enhances mobility around a certain game, and you'll likely depend on it on most situations, take a large environment for example. This mechanic will be essential in different scenarios as it may give you an advantage and some disadvantages. In other games, sprint won't be so useful in some cases. For example N.O.V.A 3, where sprint is your ally for almost anything, but then your basic speed is all you need to maneuver around.

As for sprint, it's not bad if you add it in Halo Composition, since from the looks of it, Composition kind of does look like a modern game. Using sprint is just optional for the player.

As for you Emmanuel, I donot actually think that Sprint is over gameplay mechanics, as it is a mechanic already. No offense though.

Kinnet

Don't feed the hand that bites you.

Posted: Apr 14, 2016 10:19 AM    Msg. 170 of 347       
yeah, i know i'm still learning xD

Masters1337

Posted: Apr 14, 2016 11:08 AM    Msg. 171 of 347       
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy

No one ever said sprint was bad. We were only saying that maps and level design should revolve around mechanics like that if they are going to be added in. Add sprint -> needs larger levels.

Then sprint is just an illusion, since it doesn't actually help you get anywhere faster if the levels makes it take longer for you to get places.

I'd be interested to see who else other than 343 changes their maps to "make sprint work".

Total horsecrap.

MatthewDratt

Support Higuy https://t.co/9mIC7v3J5j

Posted: Apr 14, 2016 11:11 AM    Msg. 172 of 347       
I'd be interested to see who else other than 343 changes their maps to "make sprint work".

Isn't some of the previous Halo ports into Halo 4/5 are actually bigger to accommodate sprint and crossing the map in both games (using sprint all the way in one) takes pretty much the same time?

Grunter

Posted: Apr 14, 2016 11:19 AM    Msg. 173 of 347       
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt

Isn't some of the previous Halo ports into Halo 4/5 are actually bigger to accommodate sprint and crossing the map in both games (using sprint all the way in one) takes pretty much the same time?

That's exactly the point he is trying to get across. Sprint is simply an illusion to make it play more like other shooters.

Halonimator

Halo5gsucks.com

Posted: Apr 14, 2016 11:23 AM    Msg. 174 of 347       
To 343ifaggots. Sprint ruins halo's weapons design,range,ai combat, level design, core mechanics... everything

JohnCraftz

Posted: Apr 14, 2016 11:25 AM    Msg. 175 of 347       
Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator
To 343ifaggots. Sprint ruins halo's weapons design,range,ai combat, level design, core mechanics... everything

and what makes you think that? dont you need a argument?

Page 5 of 10 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · [5] · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon August 21, 2017 9:36 PM 562 ms.
A Halo Maps Website