A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo: Composition

Page 6 of 11 Go to page: · 1 · ... · 3 · 4 · 5 · [6] · 7 · 8 · 9 · ... · 11 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: Halo: Composition (369 messages, Page 6 of 11)
Moderators: Dennis

Kinnet

I tried all i could.

Posted: Apr 14, 2016 10:19 AM    Msg. 176 of 369       
yeah, i know i'm still learning xD

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Apr 14, 2016 11:08 AM    Msg. 177 of 369       
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Quote: --- Original message by: EmmanuelCD
Sprint = Logic > Gameplay

Your the most advanced soldier un history, you cant sprint LOL.
I soport the fact you can sprint. I hated the way you were always running in L4D. I havent play H5 yet but still i seen videos con internet and there are not that bad.

No one ever said sprint was bad. We were only saying that maps and level design should revolve around mechanics like that if they are going to be added in. Add sprint -> needs larger levels.

Then sprint is just an illusion, since it doesn't actually help you get anywhere faster if the levels makes it take longer for you to get places.

I'd be interested to see who else other than 343 changes their maps to "make sprint work".

Total horsecrap.

MatthewDratt

#RESIST

Posted: Apr 14, 2016 11:11 AM    Msg. 178 of 369       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
I'd be interested to see who else other than 343 changes their maps to "make sprint work".

Isn't some of the previous Halo ports into Halo 4/5 are actually bigger to accommodate sprint and crossing the map in both games (using sprint all the way in one) takes pretty much the same time?

Grunter

Can't wait for Heretic Hunt!

Posted: Apr 14, 2016 11:19 AM    Msg. 179 of 369       
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt

Isn't some of the previous Halo ports into Halo 4/5 are actually bigger to accommodate sprint and crossing the map in both games (using sprint all the way in one) takes pretty much the same time?

That's exactly the point he is trying to get across. Sprint is simply an illusion to make it play more like other shooters.

Halonimator

Halo5gsucks.com

Posted: Apr 14, 2016 11:23 AM    Msg. 180 of 369       
To 343ifaggots. Sprint ruins halo's weapons design,range,ai combat, level design, core mechanics... everything

JohnCraftz

Posted: Apr 14, 2016 11:25 AM    Msg. 181 of 369       
Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator
To 343ifaggots. Sprint ruins halo's weapons design,range,ai combat, level design, core mechanics... everything

and what makes you think that? dont you need a argument?

Kinnet

I tried all i could.

Posted: Apr 14, 2016 12:04 PM    Msg. 182 of 369       
Where is the profanity filter when you need it.
Edited by Kinnet on Apr 14, 2016 at 12:05 PM

Grunter

Posted: Apr 14, 2016 12:06 PM    Msg. 183 of 369       
Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet

Where is the profanity filter when you need it.
Edited by Kinnet on Apr 14, 2016 at 12:05 PM

That's 2004 tech for ya'!

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Apr 14, 2016 12:47 PM    Msg. 184 of 369       

I soport the fact you can sprint. I hated the way you were always running in L4D. I havent play H5 yet but still i seen videos con internet and there are not that bad.

No one ever said sprint was bad. We were only saying that maps and level design should revolve around mechanics like that if they are going to be added in. Add sprint -> needs larger levels.

Then sprint is just an illusion, since it doesn't actually help you get anywhere faster if the levels makes it take longer for you to get places.

Total horsecrap.

You're looking at in the wrong ways. Sprint shouldn't be considered a "mode of transportation". Sprint in a design sense could be used a lot more for things like evading enemies and moving to cover when needed. I'm not saying that levels just need to be uniformly bigger either, obviously that wouldn't work. But there does need to be adjustments if such a mechanic is going to be added.

Masters1337

Posted: Apr 14, 2016 12:51 PM    Msg. 185 of 369       
haha, tell taht obviously to 343. Since that's pretty much what they did. But yeah, I agree with you on that.

Super Flanker

Synthetic furnishings, rails and no safety.

Posted: Apr 14, 2016 01:27 PM    Msg. 186 of 369       
Quote: --- Original message by: JohnCraftz
Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator
To 343ifgts. Sprint ruins halo's weapons design,range,ai combat, level design, core mechanics... everything

and what makes you think that? dont you need a argument?

The argument incase you missed it is that he is retrerded.

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: Apr 14, 2016 07:35 PM    Msg. 187 of 369       

Total horsecrap.

^ This 100%

Also I'm not opposed to additional movement mechanics. I actually really like the built in thruster pack spartan abilities because it works well with gunplay to dodge in and out of cover and avoiding close grenades. Sprint just segments the movement portion from the shooting portion of the game, and that seems pretty wrong for a shooter.

lolslayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Posted: Apr 15, 2016 04:37 AM    Msg. 188 of 369       
I actually really like sprint...

You can choose if you want to be fast or not, and I regularly switch between sprint and walking based on the situation I'm in

And sprinting just feels satisfying, so I really like it

Grunter

Posted: Apr 15, 2016 09:51 AM    Msg. 189 of 369       
Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer

You can choose if you want to be fast or not, and I regularly switch between sprint and walking based on the situation I'm in

I think sprite is fine in CAMPAIGN, and no, the maps CANNOT be changed for it to work.
Wanting to move faster in campaign isnt such a bad idea as long as the maps are still a normal size, a good example is SPV3. SPV3 has sprite for those who simply want to get through the game faster as they already beat it many times, which makes sense. A bad example would be Halo 5. The campaign for Halo 5 REQURES you use sprint, thus it pretty much ruins the entire campaign for those who just wanna play the game like they used too.
Another example is Halo Reach. Its map design was designed for the standard walking speed, and because of that I thought it was actually pretty cool. I wasnt FORCED to use sprint, but if say i already played the game before, i can get through it faster.

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Apr 15, 2016 08:54 PM    Msg. 190 of 369       
I am still unsure what I'm going to do with sprint. It is a little wonky. Design progress has been slow since I'm the only one working on the game here and there. As I've said before, If any talented members want to contribute that'd be helpful.

Don't get al butt hurt about sprint yet. Would I like to see sprint implemented? Yes. Getting it to work smoothly is a different story.

MatthewDratt

#RESIST

Posted: Apr 15, 2016 11:13 PM    Msg. 191 of 369       
I wouldn't mind helping on small things when needed

Jesse

Discord: Jesse#4500

Posted: Apr 16, 2016 01:24 AM    Msg. 192 of 369       
Quote: --- Original message by: Ki11erFTW
I am still unsure what I'm going to do with sprint. It is a little wonky. Design progress has been slow since I'm the only one working on the game here and there. As I've said before, If any talented members want to contribute that'd be helpful.

Don't get al butt hurt about sprint yet. Would I like to see sprint implemented? Yes. Getting it to work smoothly is a different story.

Make a list of the things you could use help with, maybe someone will say 'hey, I can do that for him.'

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Apr 16, 2016 05:15 PM    Msg. 193 of 369       
Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse

Make a list of the things you could use help with, maybe someone will say 'hey, I can do that for him.'

Could have sworn I had a list on the first page. Can't find it now.

We could use the following:

-Texture Artists
-3D Artists (for assets)
-Concept Artists
-Animators
-Creating Cinematics
-HUD/UI Artists

Super Flanker

Posted: Apr 17, 2016 07:25 AM    Msg. 194 of 369       

-Texture Artists
-3D Artists (for assets)
-Concept Artists
-Animators
-Creating Cinematics
-HUD/UI Artists

That list needs a little more focus.

ergo:

Hey I need someone to unwrap a piece of this bsp.

I need some fp animations for this weapon.

Though I understand that you may want to limit some information in order to preserve secrecy.

Xander92

I`m Russian,you maggot.

Posted: Apr 17, 2016 08:06 AM    Msg. 195 of 369       
Quote:
-HUD/UI Artists

HOLA!
only if you have anyone who knows how to ingame them,il make a hud for you.
Edited by Xander92 on Apr 17, 2016 at 08:07 AM

Super Flanker

Posted: Apr 17, 2016 08:24 AM    Msg. 196 of 369       
Quote: --- Original message by: Xander92

Quote:
-HUD/UI Artists

HOLA!
only if you have anyone who knows how to ingame them,il make a hud for you.
Edited by Xander92 on Apr 17, 2016 at 08:07 AM

No offence but your prof pic sux.

Grunter

Posted: Apr 17, 2016 09:10 AM    Msg. 197 of 369       

-Texture Artists
-3D Artists (for assets)
-Concept Artists
-Animators
-Creating Cinematics
-HUD/UI Artists

I could do some small animation work, however i am already working in another project so I'd have to be small. :v

lolslayer

Posted: Apr 17, 2016 09:35 AM    Msg. 198 of 369       
Quote: --- Original message by: Grunter

I think sprite is fine in CAMPAIGN, and no, the maps CANNOT be changed for it to work.
Wanting to move faster in campaign isnt such a bad idea as long as the maps are still a normal size, a good example is SPV3. SPV3 has sprite for those who simply want to get through the game faster as they already beat it many times, which makes sense. A bad example would be Halo 5. The campaign for Halo 5 REQURES you use sprint, thus it pretty much ruins the entire campaign for those who just wanna play the game like they used too.
Another example is Halo Reach. Its map design was designed for the standard walking speed, and because of that I thought it was actually pretty cool. I wasnt FORCED to use sprint, but if say i already played the game before, i can get through it faster.

I like it aswell in MP :D:D

Grunter

Posted: Apr 17, 2016 09:44 AM    Msg. 199 of 369       

Its stupid in multiplayer. It is an illusion as to keep balance the maps have to be changed. The reason it works in campaign is because its not requred to progress, it is simply there for people who beat the game to get through the less memerable moments quicker. In multiplayer it does not work, it only breaks the flow in the game. :/

Though you should till totally put it in your campaign as long as you dont change bsp around it.

lolslayer

Posted: Apr 17, 2016 12:02 PM    Msg. 200 of 369       

Its stupid in multiplayer. It is an illusion as to keep balance the maps have to be changed. The reason it works in campaign is because its not requred to progress, it is simply there for people who beat the game to get through the less memerable moments quicker. In multiplayer it does not work, it only breaks the flow in the game. :/

Though you should till totally put it in your campaign as long as you dont change bsp around it.

Still a satisfying feeling illusion if you ask me

Masters1337

Posted: Apr 17, 2016 12:37 PM    Msg. 201 of 369       

Yeah completely false. If you think you can speed run using sprint you'll be sorely mistaken. Never mind the stupidity of thinking we'd add something in so people can "Rush through what we worked on".

What problems are you having with it? We've refined what we stared with you a fair amount.
Edited by Masters1337 on Apr 17, 2016 at 12:38 PM

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: Apr 17, 2016 12:43 PM    Msg. 202 of 369       
I don't do any of the things on that list.
But I can provide moral support and beer.

killzone64

Back at it

Posted: Apr 17, 2016 03:23 PM    Msg. 203 of 369       
Sprint in singleplayer is fine, but in multiplayer it reduces the ttk. Reducing that ruins the balance of the sandbox. The whole point about halo having such a long ttk is that you have time to outthink your opponent, battles become more dynamic while you try to gain an advantage on the person who is shooting you. This is why i like halo and dont like other modern shooters.

lolslayer

Posted: Apr 17, 2016 04:15 PM    Msg. 204 of 369       
Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode

Are we getting our BBQ? I live in the Netherlands so I live close enough :P

Docer

Posted: Apr 17, 2016 06:13 PM    Msg. 205 of 369       

I'll carry the chicks ;)

TheHaloKnight

Posted: Apr 17, 2016 07:18 PM    Msg. 206 of 369       
Quote: --- Original message by: Docer

I'll carry the chicks ;)

with you? ewww

Wolf_

Posted: Apr 18, 2016 03:41 PM    Msg. 207 of 369       

Sign me up, been to Belgium for 3 hours and i loved it. Bring on the beer (I would normally curse here but alas I won't because of obvious reasons).

Jesse

Discord: Jesse#4500

Posted: Apr 19, 2016 12:26 AM    Msg. 208 of 369       
I think it's dumb to make levels bigger just because sprint is an option. You're not always going to have sprint (if you have another ability equipped.)

That's just punishing those who don't choose to use sprint. In general, I think sprint in the halo games is a bit unrealistic anyway. You mean we have super Spartans that can flip a tank with their mind, but god forbid they sprint for more than 3 seconds at a time? I swear I could run far longer (and probably faster) than the Spartans do in the games (books are a totally different matter)

All that said, I am a fan of how Halo 4 handled sprinting. You can use it regardless of what equipment you have.

xnx

h2 marine anims or i detonate the vest

Posted: Apr 19, 2016 02:52 AM    Msg. 209 of 369       
Except Halo 4 had sprint with a limit and cool down time. I like how it's implemented into gameplay in Halo 5, both in multiplayer and singleplayer.

Super Flanker

Posted: Apr 19, 2016 07:21 AM    Msg. 210 of 369       
You can use it regardless of what equipment you have.

Disagree, part of what made halo reach unique and set it apart from other fps titles which featured sprint was the fact that you had to choose sprint as an ability.

If you didn't have it you were at a disadvantage or advantage depending on what ability you had vs. Some guy who had sprint.

Allowing the player to sprint when ever he chooses with the only concequence being usage time ruined halo 4 particularly for me. Halo 5 remedied this a little but the introduction of those damn annoying cartoony blur lines made it possibly worse than h4 in experience terms.

I mean I know I'm running, becauses I'm moving faster! I don't need sonic teh sweghog vfx to enforce the feeling of movement unless I am in a vehicle.

Page 6 of 11 Go to page: · 1 · ... · 3 · 4 · 5 · [6] · 7 · 8 · 9 · ... · 11 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu March 23, 2017 10:05 AM 344 ms.
A Halo Maps Website