A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo: Composition

Page 7 of 11 Go to page: · 1 · ... · 4 · 5 · 6 · [7] · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: Halo: Composition (369 messages, Page 7 of 11)
Moderators: Dennis

altis94

What doesn't ban me makes me stronger

Posted: Apr 19, 2016 10:57 AM    Msg. 211 of 369       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
those damn annoying cartoony blur lines made it possibly worse than h4 in experience terms.

Oh god they are so silly.

OctaVinyl

¡Voy A comer tù corazon!

Posted: Apr 19, 2016 11:10 AM    Msg. 212 of 369       
Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
those damn annoying cartoony blur lines made it possibly worse than h4 in experience terms.

Oh god they are so silly.

And Pointless. When I first saw those lines I was all like since when did the game get Anime physics.

Grunter

Can't wait for Heretic Hunt!

Posted: Apr 19, 2016 12:35 PM    Msg. 213 of 369       
Okay, can we please stop whining about sprint. It is most likely gonna be in this campaign, if you do not like it then simply don't use it. This isn't multiplayer where it is forced on you. :p

Personally the only thing i dont like so far is the terrible H4 tags. Halo 3 FTW >:c
Edited by Grunter on Apr 19, 2016 at 12:58 PM

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Apr 19, 2016 01:14 PM    Msg. 214 of 369       
The reasoning for the lines is to show you when you get to max speed.

And you are talking out of your ass if you call these "halo 4 tags". there is no such thing as Halo 4 tags. You can have Halo 4 models, which this does have (and will likely end up using Halo Online). The closest thing you'll have is Halo 2 tags by Zteam, which were ported over nearly field for field, but still do not function exactly like H2.

Grunter

Can't wait for Heretic Hunt!

Posted: Apr 19, 2016 01:49 PM    Msg. 215 of 369       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
The reasoning for the lines is to show you when you get to max speed.

And you are talking out of your ass if you call these "halo 4 tags". there is no such thing as Halo 4 tags. You can have Halo 4 models, which this does have (and will likely end up using Halo Online). The closest thing you'll have is Halo 2 tags by Zteam, which were ported over nearly field for field, but still do not function exactly like H2.

By Halo 4 tags i just ment in general models, weapons, sounds from the game Halo 4.

Jesse

Discord: Jesse#4500

Posted: Apr 19, 2016 02:02 PM    Msg. 216 of 369       
I thought the game packet's reason for the sprinting in reach (or lack of it) was something about an armor mod that unlocks the suits' potential. Sounds like BS to me.

Isn't it dumb that a spartan couldn't sprint whenever he wanted? The MC was able to run during the end Delta Halo scene.

Evade was cool, but exaggerated. Should be doable at all times like sprint (but there aren't enough buttons so...)

H4 sprint + infinite sprint = 大好き (^-^)

But, do not mistake this as saying that this is how it should be. I know that infinite sprint would break the gameplay in MP maps, and have people rush the campaign maps. I'm just saying that Spartans can do better, they're just weighed down by 'Da Rules'.

Anyway, I'll see if I can present something for this project in the coming weeks. Right now CMT uses all of my modding time, and school consumes everything else.
Edited by Jesse on Apr 19, 2016 at 02:10 PM

altis94

What doesn't ban me makes me stronger

Posted: Apr 19, 2016 02:20 PM    Msg. 217 of 369       
Realism limits gameplay value >:I

Jesse

Discord: Jesse#4500

Posted: Apr 19, 2016 03:07 PM    Msg. 218 of 369       

Lol I agree.

Super Flanker

Synthetic furnishings, rails and no safety.

Posted: Apr 19, 2016 05:10 PM    Msg. 219 of 369       
Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse

Lol I agree.

+5

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: Apr 19, 2016 06:08 PM    Msg. 220 of 369       
Realism limits gameplay value

MatthewDratt

#RESIST

Posted: Apr 19, 2016 06:57 PM    Msg. 221 of 369       
Some people like sprint *shrug*

Super Flanker

Posted: Apr 20, 2016 07:44 AM    Msg. 222 of 369       
Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse

I thought the game packet's reason for the sprinting in reach (or lack of it) was something about an armor mod that unlocks the suits' potential. Sounds like BS to me.

Isn't it dumb that a spartan couldn't sprint whenever he wanted? The MC was able to run during the end Delta Halo scene.
Jesse on Apr 19, 2016 at 02:10 PM

In every halo game spartans are able to sprint, simply push the L-joystick all the way forward and you are sprinting.

It may not seem as so but if you compare the movement of a joystick fully depressed as apposed to one half depresses you will notice proportional movement between the two. Though I agree there are discrepencies between cinematics and gameplay adjustable control still holds true.

HR's sprint ability according to lore was catogorized un-officially as a cheat or hack which would over boost the cyborg suits actuators allowing the user to move faster than normal for a brief period.
Edited by Super Flanker on Apr 20, 2016 at 07:45 AM

HyperLuke

csgosucks.org

Posted: May 12, 2016 10:35 PM    Msg. 223 of 369       
This project is freaking amazing. Keep up the Good work.

MLPAlexFTW

I don't read the script, the script reads me

Posted: Jun 30, 2016 05:32 PM    Msg. 224 of 369       
Update?

MEGA_VKNG

friendly neighborhood big diabetic_kunt

Posted: Jun 30, 2016 07:31 PM    Msg. 225 of 369       
Quote: --- Original message by: 10TeraBytz12
Update?

Not likely until CE3.

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Jul 2, 2016 01:03 AM    Msg. 226 of 369       
Quote: --- Original message by: rangerDanger
Join the Anti-MegaSean Union Today! Free Hugs!

Can I join too?

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Jul 2, 2016 04:38 AM    Msg. 227 of 369       
Why would you want an update from someone who uses the Halo 4 br.

Then you will be happy with what we have to show in the future. (Probably not at CE3)

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: Jul 2, 2016 05:14 AM    Msg. 228 of 369       
Quote: --- Original message by: Ki11erFTW

Then you will be happy with what we have to show in the future. (Probably not at CE3)

🔥🔥🔥Its🔥🔥🔥Lit🔥🔥🔥

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: Jul 2, 2016 11:07 AM    Msg. 229 of 369       

Looking forward to see progress.
If you need a mediocre but manly pelican pilot voice actor, let me know :-P

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Jul 2, 2016 03:37 PM    Msg. 230 of 369       
Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode

Looking forward to see progress.
If you need a mediocre but manly pelican pilot voice actor, let me know :-P

Will do, voice actors are always needed!

LegitGameReviews
-banned for conduct-

AMU Leader

Posted: Jul 2, 2016 04:05 PM    Msg. 231 of 369       
*enters thread*
*sees armor abilities*
*leaves thread*

NOT IN MY HALO. NO SIR.

Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Especially with OS. Armor abilities ruin SP maps, and even in MP they cause balance issues. To the untrained eye, you might see armor abilities as more freedom, but the reality is the opposite.

I see people talking about sprint a lot. Let's elaborate on this. Bungie toyed around with sprinting in both Halo 1 and Halo 2 (H1 as a powerup, H2 did something else but you can see the leftover animations in the tags). Both times they ended up being scrapped. Halo 3 didn't even have them (I would guess that they added it and promptly removed it because of obvious reasons I'm talking about right now). In Halo Reach, the pickups for them are so seldom for a good reason: they destroy the level flow. In SPV3, many reviewers are seen flat out ignoring sprint ability pick-ups because even they agree it does not work in combination with first person shooting.

As for whatever other abilities you might have added (dunno, this thread is TLDR and OP made the first post ridiculously vague), I hope you know exactly what sort of RESTRICTIONS this places on everything you or the end-user can do.

The ripped BSPs look nice (I guess; you picked literally the worst camera positions EVER). The plastic shaders, still, do not.

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Jul 2, 2016 04:33 PM    Msg. 232 of 369       
Quote: --- Original message by: LegitGameReviews
*enters thread*
*sees armor abilities*
*leaves thread*

NOT IN MY HALO. NO SIR.

Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Especially with OS. Armor abilities ruin SP maps, and even in MP they cause balance issues. To the untrained eye, you might see armor abilities as more freedom, but the reality is the opposite.

I see people talking about sprint a lot. Let's elaborate on this. Bungie toyed around with sprinting in both Halo 1 and Halo 2 (H1 as a powerup, H2 did something else but you can see the leftover animations in the tags). Both times they ended up being scrapped. Halo 3 didn't even have them (I would guess that they added it and promptly removed it because of obvious reasons I'm talking about right now). In Halo Reach, the pickups for them are so seldom for a good reason: they destroy the level flow. In SPV3, many reviewers are seen flat out ignoring sprint ability pick-ups because even they agree it does not work in combination with first person shooting.

As for whatever other abilities you might have added (dunno, this thread is TLDR and OP made the first post ridiculously vague), I hope you know exactly what sort of RESTRICTIONS this places on everything you or the end-user can do.

The ripped BSPs look nice (I guess; you picked literally the worst camera positions EVER). The plastic shaders, still, do not.

If you read back I clarified that I am still working on sprint. If it does not feel smooth and polished it will not be included, as I've recently discovered new issues. I know all about the halo 2 and 3 sprint, and I know they were cut because of pacing issues. Neither Halo 1 or 2 incorporated it fluently (as you said, halo 1 was a power up and if you do some research, Halo 2's sprint kicked in after the player was moving forward for a given amount of time.). I was never for sprint in any Halo game, and no one said anything about armor abilities.

I was a huge fan of the original trilogy, and I had mixed feelings when reach added sprint. However in single player, it was never really an issue, and I'm sure many others would agree.

LegitGameReviews
-banned for conduct-

AMU Leader

Posted: Jul 2, 2016 05:21 PM    Msg. 233 of 369       
Good to hear. If you're planning on making a major update really soon, I'd look forward to it. If not, I'd suggest updating the first post. Maybe turn some of my concern about this H4 stuff into excitement.

Nice to see people ignoring Drattys CE3 and doing their own updates when they need to occur, instead of making their project's developments oriented around the timing of CE3.

MatthewDratt

#RESIST

Posted: Jul 2, 2016 08:03 PM    Msg. 234 of 369       
Nice to see people ignoring Drattys CE3 and doing their own updates when they need to occur, instead of making their project's developments oriented around the timing of CE3.

They need to transition into doing so since 2016 will be the last

Skidrow925

Hanging in there by a thread

Posted: Jul 2, 2016 08:41 PM    Msg. 235 of 369       
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt

AND THE THE COMUNITY IS GONA BE DED ZOMG!!!!111!!!one!!11!

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Jul 2, 2016 09:23 PM    Msg. 236 of 369       

Not ignoring it, not trying to do my own thing, I just need something I'm comfortable presenting. I feel the 2014 presentation was necessary to show the ambition and general idea of the mod however I don't think showing that area again with new assets would do much for people. If you guys want to host one last special event for us though that'd be cool ;) when it's ready that is.

Super Flanker

Posted: Jul 2, 2016 10:00 PM    Msg. 237 of 369       
Quote: --- Original message by: Skidrow925

AND THE THE COMUNITY IS GONA BE DED ZOMG!!!!111!!!one!!11!

I wish I went to school like you.

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Jul 3, 2016 01:18 AM    Msg. 238 of 369       
I wish I could do a weed.

I need Medical weeds for my kidneys and hyperlukes cancerous posting

cippozzo

"I... I am a monument to all your sins."

Posted: Jul 6, 2016 09:06 PM    Msg. 239 of 369       
Quote: --- Original message by: HyperSean
I wish I could do a weed.

I need Medical weeds for my kidneys and hyperlukes cancerous posting

Gimme some

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Jul 7, 2016 06:49 PM    Msg. 240 of 369       

Say what you want about how good the 343 art style looks, but it is incredibly modular which is very cool.

StormUndBlackbird

https://youtube.com/StormUndBlackbird

Posted: Jul 9, 2016 10:15 AM    Msg. 241 of 369       
voice actors are always needed!
I'd like to openly volunteer myself in the herd, in 2 languages!

lolslayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 11:38 AM    Msg. 242 of 369       
I'm all in if you need some Dutch voices!

LegitGameReviews
-banned for conduct-

AMU Leader

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 11:53 AM    Msg. 243 of 369       
This is not an AAA game, so progress varies as this is not an actual studio, and with the past history of great mods, well you know.

Wait, this isn't a AAA game being developed by an actual studio?! My concept of reality is falling apart.

I really enjoy threads like this where some random kid thinks he knows how to make a good SP and throws around all this lingo to make him seem legit. I'm sure all the ripped content you stole will look lovely with all their different art styles mashed together into an abomination of a tagset.

PS your shaders are worse than mine and you stole more peoples tags than me. Dirty hypocrite.

BKTiel

strong independent bird needs no cage

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 12:00 PM    Msg. 244 of 369       
Savage AF

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 01:10 PM    Msg. 245 of 369       
This is not an AAA game, so progress varies as this is not an actual studio, and with the past history of great mods, well you know.

Wait, this isn't a AAA game being developed by an actual studio?! My concept of reality is falling apart.

I really enjoy threads like this where some random kid thinks he knows how to make a good SP and throws around all this lingo to make him seem legit. I'm sure all the ripped content you stole will look lovely with all their different art styles mashed together into an abomination of a tagset.

PS your shaders are worse than mine and you stole more peoples tags than me. Dirty hypocrite

Don't you have something better to do like, I don't know, learning how to port a ghost? Other than crapping up people's threads?

Page 7 of 11 Go to page: · 1 · ... · 4 · 5 · 6 · [7] · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu March 23, 2017 10:07 AM 406 ms.
A Halo Maps Website