A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo: Composition

Page 3 of 11 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · [3] · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · ... · 11 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: Halo: Composition (357 messages, Page 3 of 11)
Moderators: Dennis

BKTiel

strong independent bird needs no cage

Posted: Dec 1, 2014 07:58 AM    Msg. 71 of 357       
Quote: --- Original message by: CAG Gonzo
Late comer, but definitely enjoyed what I've seen so far. The general premise of the story looks promising and the basic feel of gameplay stands well.

I love seeing more sideline action; things like Phantoms flying to other destinations, just to convey the feel of a larger force and goal at play (more than just when and where the player is concentrating), skirmishes on the side that have evidently been ongoing (not triggered to commence as the player gets near), and other things of the sort.

However, one major critique I have lies with your dialogue; your radio chatter is, well, cliche. It's understandable but unfortunate; Military Radio Comms 101 isn't exactly a required course in HS/College. As someone familiar with military aviation radio comms, I could provide feedback for planned dialogue to make it more closely parallel existing protocols and conventions (assuming, of course, such protocol and conventions remain in place 5 centuries in the future, which I believe they do, albeit with some modifications).

That said, my familiarity with ground comms is more limited, though I still believe the existing dialogue is cliche. Things like "Repeat, I'm doing blah" are overdone (and to be honest, outdated; "I say again" is now the correct verbiage).

Of course, this might feel like small potatoes compared to gameplay and plot, and you'd be correct. But those small details are so easily overlooked, even by Bungie and certainly by 343i (and most of Hollywood, while we're at it). It doesn't take much effort to touch base with someone in the know about radio protocols, or engagements, or whatever you're looking to recreate and produce something that feels worlds closer to an authentic, full-in military campaign.

Just my two cents. 9/10, would play.

butterbar senpaiiiii <33333

Also, I notice you have two voice actors. If you need any more I'd totally be down for that; have a decent mic.

aki64

When you can't walk, RUN

Posted: Dec 5, 2014 04:05 PM    Msg. 72 of 357       
#bump. How's this going?

YSlayer12

"We are made of MLG Qwikscopes"

Posted: Dec 5, 2014 07:32 PM    Msg. 73 of 357       
This looks promising, we get beta?

Juzo

Posted: Dec 17, 2014 09:13 PM    Msg. 74 of 357       
Almost 6 months later... nothing new?
This has gone really dark since Ce3. I'm not complaining just saying.

renegade343

CE3 Stage Modeler, Editor, and Writer

Posted: Dec 17, 2014 09:57 PM    Msg. 75 of 357       
Quote: --- Original message by: Infinite Guardian

A lot of big projects stay under the radar in between CE3 presentations, so I wouldn't expect to hear much as an answer.

Heck, when I started editing the presentation script for CE3 2014, I didn't know anything about Composition besides what it's called and how Killer is leading it... and I work really closely with Kozakuu (the visual designer for both Composition and CE3) for our expo!

MatthewDratt

CE3 - Takedown - HaloCE3.com

Posted: Dec 18, 2014 12:20 AM    Msg. 76 of 357       
Quote: --- Original message by: renegade343

A lot of big projects stay under the radar in between CE3 presentations, so I wouldn't expect to hear much as an answer.

Heck, when I started editing the presentation script for CE3 2014, I didn't know anything about Composition besides what it's called and how Killer is leading it... and I work really closely with Kozakuu (the visual designer for both Composition and CE3) for our expo!

I didn't know what it looked like until 4 days after the deadline

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: Dec 18, 2014 12:45 AM    Msg. 77 of 357       

I think these kinds of posts are really stupid and pointless.
I'm not complaining just saying.

MatthewDratt

CE3 - Takedown - HaloCE3.com

Posted: Dec 18, 2014 08:55 AM    Msg. 78 of 357       
Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode

I think these kinds of posts are really stupid and pointless.
I'm not complaining just saying.

CE3 has affected the community to stay dark until CE3 again.

CE3 has changed Halo CE

SGT Arroyo

golden

Posted: Dec 19, 2014 02:16 AM    Msg. 79 of 357       
Yves im leasing thé projegt

WWLinkMasterX

subliminal message.

Posted: Dec 19, 2014 09:33 AM    Msg. 80 of 357       
Quote: --- Original message by: CAG Gonzo

However, one major critique I have lies with your dialogue; your radio chatter is, well, cliche. It's understandable but unfortunate; Military Radio Comms 101 isn't exactly a required course in HS/College. As someone familiar with military aviation radio comms, I could provide feedback for planned dialogue to make it more closely parallel existing protocols and conventions (assuming, of course, such protocol and conventions remain in place 5 centuries in the future, which I believe they do, albeit with some modifications).

That said, my familiarity with ground comms is more limited, though I still believe the existing dialogue is cliche. Things like "Repeat, I'm doing blah" are overdone (and to be honest, outdated; "I say again" is now the correct verbiage).

Of course, this might feel like small potatoes compared to gameplay and plot, and you'd be correct. But those small details are so easily overlooked, even by Bungie and certainly by 343i (and most of Hollywood, while we're at it). It doesn't take much effort to touch base with someone in the know about radio protocols, or engagements, or whatever you're looking to recreate and produce something that feels worlds closer to an authentic, full-in military campaign.

Just my two cents. 9/10, would play.

^ do that.

SGT Arroyo

golden

Posted: Jan 30, 2015 05:04 AM    Msg. 81 of 357       
Quote: --- Original message by: Altearose
ok
let it due.

ericlol

-Banned for violating ToS-

Posted: Feb 12, 2015 12:06 AM    Msg. 82 of 357       
Is Halo Composition still being developed?

Docer

Posted: Feb 13, 2015 04:18 PM    Msg. 83 of 357       
I guess...

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Feb 13, 2015 09:18 PM    Msg. 84 of 357       
Quote: --- Original message by: ericlol
Is Halo Composition still being developed?

Yes.

Nanou2

I am the best in the world

Posted: Feb 13, 2015 09:29 PM    Msg. 85 of 357       
This looks epic

Self Zero

stuff maker

Posted: Apr 25, 2015 06:25 PM    Msg. 86 of 357       
I understand that stuff will be shown when there is in fact stuff to be shown, but for the sake of knowing that this isn't dead in the water, is there any update on this?

Juzo

Posted: Apr 25, 2015 10:11 PM    Msg. 87 of 357       
Only time can tell.
Edited by SilentBlade on Apr 25, 2015 at 10:12 PM

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff.” ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Apr 27, 2015 08:19 PM    Msg. 88 of 357       
Quote: --- Original message by: Zetren
It's not dead you dumb schmuck. The OP has just stated that he's still working on it. Stop asking for updates. All you newfags who join asking devs for updates. Annoying as hell.
Not quite as annoying or distasteful as this undeserved insult laden diatribe.

READ THE RULES:
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=2979

Cardinal Rules: Violating these rules will get you banned:

3. Play Nice! UXB Internet and Halo Maps will not tolerate insulting, flaming or harassing of users. Do not pick fights or 'troll', or post topics on controversial issues such as race, religion, sexual preference, etc. Keep to the topics of the particular forum. As your parents taught you, if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it.

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Jul 7, 2015 05:37 PM    Msg. 89 of 357       
I'm posting here today to inform everyone that Halo: Composition will not make an appearance at CE3 this year. I'd rather tell you all myself since it was advertised in the trailer. The guys over at CE3 have been kind enough to extend my deadline longer and longer as I knew I wouldn't have anything I felt comfortable showing this year. I'd rather show something completed to my satisfaction rather then being rushed and unfinished (similar to last years presentation).

On top of that, circumstances have changed with the people working on the mod. Ive been working full time, 10 hours a day in most occasions, I have a relationship as well, so I hardly find myself sleeping at home anymore. One of my assistant environment artists seems to have disappeared, and my composer is currently visiting Spain. kozakuu is still here as far as I know to help out with graphics, ideas and overall production.

Bottom line, the mod is not dead. A lot of cool things have been created since last year, but they are not in a presentable state. I've been currently trying to familiarize myself with the new DLM feature which so far is going well. I've put 3 years worth of work into this mod, 2 years worth before I revealed it.

I love halo, I love game design. If I don't create things, I go crazy. Hang tight. Updates aren't far off.

snark567

Duck bombs don’t intimidate carnivorous deer.

Posted: Jul 7, 2015 06:02 PM    Msg. 90 of 357       
Quote: --- Original message by: Ki11erFTW
I'm posting here today to inform everyone that Halo: Composition will not make an appearance at CE3 this year. I'd rather tell you all myself since it was advertised in the trailer. The guys over at CE3 have been kind enough to extend my deadline longer and longer as I knew I wouldn't have anything I felt comfortable showing this year. I'd rather show something completed to my satisfaction rather then being rushed and unfinished (similar to last years presentation).

On top of that, circumstances have changed with the people working on the mod. Ive been working full time, 10 hours a day in most occasions, I have a relationship as well, so I hardly find myself sleeping at home anymore. One of my assistant environment artists seems to have disappeared, and my composer is currently visiting Spain. kozakuu is still here as far as I know to help out with graphics, ideas and overall production.

Bottom line, the mod is not dead. A lot of cool things have been created since last year, but they are not in a presentable state. I've been currently trying to familiarize myself with the new DLM feature which so far is going well. I've put 3 years worth of work into this mod, 2 years worth before I revealed it.

I love halo, I love game design. If I don't create things, I go crazy. Hang tight. Updates aren't far off.

Np, take your time man.

Docer

Posted: Jul 8, 2015 10:54 AM    Msg. 91 of 357       
We aren't hurry so you have to take your time, we'll be here tomorrow. ;)

altis94

What doesn't ban me makes me stronger

Posted: Jul 8, 2015 12:10 PM    Msg. 92 of 357       
That's a shame, I was looking forward to this.

Stryker

Join us.... We have models.

Posted: Jul 8, 2015 09:14 PM    Msg. 93 of 357       
Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
That's a shame, I was looking forward to this at CE3.

Wesker

Your Future Hinges upon This Fight!!!

Posted: Jul 8, 2015 10:13 PM    Msg. 94 of 357       
Voice acting is meh.... And the background environment needs a bit work on the model and textures of the 3d mountains to match better with the skybox mountains. The beginning cinematic cutscene could have smoother camera transitioning and animations of covenant ship activity could travel faster when being close to the camera. The spartans seems to be running balls deep into war zones. I would prefer when zooming into the spartan you can have them rather walking first, then when you have control of the player they can move at your pace or begin to run since walking animations look more realistic then running animations. I don't understand why one spartan would be crouch walking either. Perhaps have some dialogue pertaining commentary to give a bit more character to your friendlies. The sand bags also seem out of place. Everything else is nice. Some suggestions would be to have a variety of ground textures besides grass.

I've yet to touch halo dev but if you need an environment artist message me back. I lost faith in Halo Ce since they shut down the servers. But I still love the game and stalk the forums. I have decent knowledge in modeling and texturing. I've been in college practicing so hit me up.
Edited by Wesker on Jul 8, 2015 at 10:18 PM

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Jul 10, 2015 10:40 AM    Msg. 95 of 357       
Are there any halo res evil mods by chance? I suddenly feel compelled to play one. :)

Wesker

Your Future Hinges upon This Fight!!!

Posted: Jul 11, 2015 11:19 PM    Msg. 96 of 357       
There are a few classical style resident evil maps. With the camera locked, your weapons have laser sighting, and you fight against the floods. I wanted to make one but I quit as far as a game design document.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Jul 13, 2015 07:23 AM    Msg. 97 of 357       
Quote: --- Original message by: Wesker
There are a few classical style resident evil maps. With the camera locked, your weapons have laser sighting, and you fight against the floods. I wanted to make one but I quit as far as a game design document.

Awww. I guess there is no point holding my breath for a Milla Jovovich biped.

pablolinkone

Posted: Aug 29, 2015 12:15 PM    Msg. 98 of 357       
Ki11erFTW Any update soon ? Don´t worry if the answer is no or "in 2016"

Edited by pablolinkone on Aug 29, 2015 at 12:18 PM

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: Aug 29, 2015 12:26 PM    Msg. 99 of 357       
Just popping in to say hi.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Aug 29, 2015 08:45 PM    Msg. 100 of 357       
Hello! When is map pls! I pay u good money

lolslayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Posted: Sep 8, 2015 06:02 AM    Msg. 101 of 357       
but really, is there an update here?

Mootjuh

Hilariously derailing oneliner

Posted: Sep 8, 2015 11:14 AM    Msg. 102 of 357       
They'll show stuff when they have stuff to show.

lolslayer

Posted: Sep 9, 2015 01:48 AM    Msg. 103 of 357       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh

Yeah, but the last update was like half a year ago I think?

And they could just say, that they got a bit further, or that they didn't have any time to work on the project cause of ... reason, I would like that if more people do that like a monthly update, just telling if they got further

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: Sep 9, 2015 02:18 AM    Msg. 104 of 357       
Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer

And they could just say, that they got a bit further, or that they didn't have any time to work on the project cause of ... reason, I would like that if more people do that like a monthly update, just telling if they got further

In most cases promised incremental updates do nothing but hinder development, because it sets an expectation to have some sort of update, that something must be made, even if the quality is questionable.

I for one am happy that, just like with TSC:E, its being kept under wraps until something significant is ready.

lolslayer

Posted: Sep 10, 2015 03:26 PM    Msg. 105 of 357       
Quote: --- Original message by: EtchyaSketch
Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer

In most cases promised incremental updates do nothing but hinder development, because it sets an expectation to have some sort of update, that something must be made, even if the quality is questionable.

I for one am happy that, just like with TSC:E, its being kept under wraps until something significant is ready.

I didn't mean like promising for an update, but like just telling if there is something to tell

Page 3 of 11 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · [3] · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · ... · 11 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed December 13, 2017 11:13 PM 719 ms.
A Halo Maps Website